Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Connection issues Ever since i arrived to azteca.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 28, 2010
I have sent multiple emails to the support team for the past 2 days. I have not received a response nor does the issue appear to be getting any better.

The issues are as follows:

I was able to connect to the game perfectly these past few weeks.

Since I have had to verify my card information to KI support to prove i wasn't stealing my own card information i have been having issues with logging in and being kicked from the server Countless times. It is honestly unclear what the exact reason behind this is but a few factors are present and may or may not have something to do with it.

I have had to try to relogin at least every 30-40 mins after being kicked out due to a generic "network connection error"

Tonight in particular i noticed that every time i leveled up (from level 80 to 81, 81 to 82) i was immediately kicked.

and had to reload the client 3 times to be able to login.

My network settings are the same as they have always been and nothing on my computers (at home nor at my work) have been changed since the issue started occurring.

At the same time around when this issue started happening more often was when I was loading up the azteca map. i have re-installed wizard101 on 2 different computers on 2 separate networks that previously had zero issues with their settings.

Did something change in the Azteca map pack that tweaks the network settings for the game? if not what can i do as a user besides "check my network settings" as that is clearly not the issue here in this case.

The hardware on each of my computers are not the issue either as they are up-to-date computers running up-to-date hardware and software (if i really need to post my specs for each computer i will but there is literally nothing wrong with my specs i assure you).

The issue is not network related on my end nor is the issue related to my hardware....to the Moderators here though: Can you please fix this issue for my account? It sounds like something has been done server side that appears to be messing with my account. Please fix this or at least tell me what i can do if you have any other logical explanation for something that i can do. (as a tech you will probably just tell me to "check again and show you" which i ok with but you need to understand i also come from a technical background. And i am a remote technician for another company so please do not belittle my opinion when i say This is not a network issue on either of my networks.

I will copy this post word for word and send this to KI support as well...This issue is extremely frustrating. please help.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
KI has been suffering DDOS attacks for the last few days. The fact that you just reached Azteca is a coincidence. The fact that you were also asked to verify a credit card recently is also a coincidence.

Just about everyone has had some trouble logging in and staying on the game since the 8th, because a group of rotten people decided it would be fun to swamp KI's servers with too much traffic and basically bring the game to its knees.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/interruption-in-service-january-2018-8ad6a42560bb4cb20160db9afc1d22dc?page=1

Alia Misthaven