Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance enemies of AZTECA

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
6
I don't know If is just me but the balance enemies in cloudburst forest are spamming saber tooth and nova which makes it impossible, and me being a balance makes it extremely impossible. If you can do something please do.

Post from Blake iron cloud lever 86 balance

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
lilweasley9 on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
I don't know If is just me but the balance enemies in cloudburst forest are spamming saber tooth and nova which makes it impossible, and me being a balance makes it extremely impossible. If you can do something please do.

Post from Blake iron cloud lever 86 balance
Balance wizards are actually the least balanced. Balance has no defence such as shields against actual balance spells. Balance has no prisms, No 80% shields or additional blades to boost spells. The only Trap outside of Spirit or Elemental is Hex. But yet, we are supposed to be a school of all schools. We just can't defend ourselves very well or really do some really heavy damage as others can.

The only advantage I can find is to train death as secondary to Feint. I have done this on all of my wizards except Death of course. Death currently has no secondary but she has not been running either. I wish I could be of more help but I can't. I am sorry.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
209
DragonLady1818 on Jan 11, 2013 wrote:
Balance wizards are actually the least balanced. Balance has no defence such as shields against actual balance spells. Balance has no prisms, No 80% shields or additional blades to boost spells. The only Trap outside of Spirit or Elemental is Hex. But yet, we are supposed to be a school of all schools. We just can't defend ourselves very well or really do some really heavy damage as others can.

The only advantage I can find is to train death as secondary to Feint. I have done this on all of my wizards except Death of course. Death currently has no secondary but she has not been running either. I wish I could be of more help but I can't. I am sorry.
I have to agree with goldendragon18. I'm a Lvl 83 Balance Wizard and the hardest battles I have faced are those against enemies from my own school.
I chose Life as my secondary school and as all Balance students know we have a weakness from Death, Life and Myth.
My trick is to have a second deck loaded up with life, death, or myth spells as well as your Balance shields and balance healing spells and armour piercing. you won't be able to protect yourself from Judgement etc but you will be able to inflict damage yourself instead of merely healing and shielding yourself after every hit.
Also try loading up on high damage, Life Death or Myth treasure cards such as Gnomes, Basilisk or Scarecrow.
I hope this helps.
Good luck my Balance brother in arms!

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
apologies to fallon and miffy, but allow me to respectfully disagree.
for all my complaints about balance, it's not unbalanced imo.

anyone who's met my balance wizard knows that she's a tank~ her damage boost is +71%, she has 40% universal resist across the board, and very rarely fizzles; she completed the game through avalon (with obvious exceptions) by herself, and rarely needs help.

back on topic, same-school boss fights have always been torture, due to shield-spamming, weakness, and all that nonsense. so pack some shatter and cleanse charm, sharpen up your spirit blades and traps with the new azteca spell, and you're set.

i have trained death to feint, and that's it. no mastery amulet, no secondary school spells~ my balance wizard is proof that, in the right hands, any school can be powerful. and i don't even like balance all that much, lol.

-von/shadowsong
promethean sorceress of unparalleled amazingness.



(apologies for ranting, i've been up for 48 hours and probably forgot 90% of what i just said.)

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
209
Dr Von on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
apologies to fallon and miffy, but allow me to respectfully disagree.
for all my complaints about balance, it's not unbalanced imo.

anyone who's met my balance wizard knows that she's a tank~ her damage boost is +71%, she has 40% universal resist across the board, and very rarely fizzles; she completed the game through avalon (with obvious exceptions) by herself, and rarely needs help.

back on topic, same-school boss fights have always been torture, due to shield-spamming, weakness, and all that nonsense. so pack some shatter and cleanse charm, sharpen up your spirit blades and traps with the new azteca spell, and you're set.

i have trained death to feint, and that's it. no mastery amulet, no secondary school spells~ my balance wizard is proof that, in the right hands, any school can be powerful. and i don't even like balance all that much, lol.

-von/shadowsong
promethean sorceress of unparalleled amazingness.



(apologies for ranting, i've been up for 48 hours and probably forgot 90% of what i just said.)
Thanks for the Balance Tips Von,
I hadn't considered using shatter etc as my Life deck spells have usually worked ( I say usually because Azteca is far mor challenging and therefore requires more tweaking of gear etc.....or I may have just become a little complacent lol)
All my other Wizards at their different levels have faced problems from their own school but I've always viewed this as a positive as it makes a player think of strategy in dealing with these enemies.
All enemies can be overcome, if were otherwise none of us would be in Azteca now lol.

PS Your post was remarkably helpful and cohesive for someone who hadn't slept in 48hrs

Explorer
May 02, 2011
69
Ugh I agree I'm balance and it seems like we can't land a hit without shields on thrm or resist

Developer
Hello fellow Wizard, perhaps I can offer some assistance.

Facing enemies of the same school is always a challenge. However, not all enemies have the same exact resistance types or values. The first time you encounter an enemy of the same school, use your normal strategy first and try to determine their resistance based on the amount of damage you expect. You may still be able to deal enough damage to maintain your normal spell selection and strategy.

I recommend casting Balanceblade and Bladestorm and then Ra or Power Nova modified by Gargantuan or Colossal. Mana Burn may also be a good choice depending on how many pips your enemies have. Also, it's always good to have another Balanceblade or Bladestorm provided by your gear as that will stack with your normal spells. It may be more efficient for you to repeat this combination than to cast traps and Feint on each enemy.

It is always good to train Tower Shield and add some to your deck, especially since there are no specific shields against Balance. You may also want to consider trying Unbalance, which will dispel the next Balance spell an enemy will cast. This will only require 1 power pip but the enemy will spend their pips as if they cast the spell (unlike a Fizzle, which does not use up pips). This is very beneficial if that spell had a high-cost spell like Sabertooth or Power Nova.

Also, Balance has the advantage of having many damage types available, specifically Spectral Blast, Hydra, and Chimera. Against Balance enemies, place a few of these spells in your deck in order to finish off enemies with low health.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1527
Dr Von on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
apologies to fallon and miffy, but allow me to respectfully disagree.
for all my complaints about balance, it's not unbalanced imo.

anyone who's met my balance wizard knows that she's a tank~ her damage boost is +71%, she has 40% universal resist across the board, and very rarely fizzles; she completed the game through avalon (with obvious exceptions) by herself, and rarely needs help.

back on topic, same-school boss fights have always been torture, due to shield-spamming, weakness, and all that nonsense. so pack some shatter and cleanse charm, sharpen up your spirit blades and traps with the new azteca spell, and you're set.

i have trained death to feint, and that's it. no mastery amulet, no secondary school spells~ my balance wizard is proof that, in the right hands, any school can be powerful. and i don't even like balance all that much, lol.

-von/shadowsong
promethean sorceress of unparalleled amazingness.



(apologies for ranting, i've been up for 48 hours and probably forgot 90% of what i just said.)
Not a problem Von. LOL, you aren't ranting. Sleep deprived yes, but not ranting.

I will have to meet you in game and see what I need to do to better equip my balance wizard. I haven't had a lot of problems with her but it does get frustrating when going against balance mobs and bosses. I do have her trained in death to feint and no mastery amulet. I have though trained her with shields from all schools for a better defense against other schools than given by Spirit or Elemental shields.

Thank you Pascal Redmask. I have not trained Tower shield but do keep some in TCs in all decks just for that purpose.