Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
Hi,

This is just a general comment to let Wiz 101 developers know, the game just is just NOT FUN anymore.

I've been playing for 2 years, and have found Azteca a huge disappointment. The bosses are far too hard, (you need a full crew or henchmen), the battles far too long, the other players becoming rude and surly during game play. Most of the friends i've made along the way have dropped out, so when I ask to join a battle with strangers more times than not i'm told NO. What's a girl to do, can't fight em on my own.

I've so enjoyed wiz 101's other realms and levels, but azteca may be the death of my membership.

I'm sad to post this but also so very frustrated, I have a month or so to decide if i will renew.

Is anyone else feeling the same way?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kiera703 on May 19, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

This is just a general comment to let Wiz 101 developers know, the game just is just NOT FUN anymore.

I've been playing for 2 years, and have found Azteca a huge disappointment. The bosses are far too hard, (you need a full crew or henchmen), the battles far too long, the other players becoming rude and surly during game play. Most of the friends i've made along the way have dropped out, so when I ask to join a battle with strangers more times than not i'm told NO. What's a girl to do, can't fight em on my own.

I've so enjoyed wiz 101's other realms and levels, but azteca may be the death of my membership.

I'm sad to post this but also so very frustrated, I have a month or so to decide if i will renew.

"Is anyone else feeling the same way?" - yes. Many, many people feel this way.
Time will tell if KI listens. And they should... they really should listen to their paying customers for a change.
(My membership is up at years end...not sure if I will stay or not. That depends on what comes out next)

Historian
May 06, 2009
Hi,

Hmm...I can't completely agree, but you do pose some points. I'm not fond of the behavior of some players in this game but honestly, what can we do? I don't like it but I don't have the spell that changes people to be more polite and open. A lot of my "friends" (I only have a few -very few- true friends who play) have stopped playing so my whole friends list is just packed with people who I probably don't even know anymore.

I've played Wizard101 for a decent 3-4 years. No challenge or story line as really ever dissappointed me. Personally, I'm head over heels with Azteca. I love Aztec beliefs, styles, and cooking just from this game alone. As far as difficulty goes, I get annoyed here and there but I never get frustrated like most seem to. I try not to let the game make me mad because I know it's just a game.

Battles have become longer. Typically in a mob fight, it will take me a good 10-15 minutes to complete. Bosses are mostly twice as long or an hour if it gets down to it (I rarely play during the week when I know I don't have the time to do questing). I never try to find a full team or use henchman to aid me with boss battles. I can handle 20,000hp Bosses just as I did with Avalon bosses (some parts like 2 Boss fights were much to me though, and the Pyramid of the Storm Eye needs a major nerf. Why should 4 mobs appear when every other one has 2?) Overall, I can handle it when I have the time. But some parts I'll agree need to be tweaked (Dual Boss Fights).

I'm not going to tell you to find a new strategy that makes things work. I'm not going to tell you to make new friends. I'm not going to tell you to search hours on end to get an uber pet. I'm not even going to tell you to buy awesome crowns gear. It's not anything that's going to make the game better to you, as far as I've seen comments go. In my eyes, if you're not having fun and there's no real way around it, I have little solutions to make things better. It has become sadding (sometimes annoying) to see the unjoyable feedback of Azteca but it does show that there is work to be done.

I'm pretty sure (after to last upcry) that KI will revisit Azteca in the future (late but not never). I think it's a grand world with a tense story line that actually shows to urgency in the story (something MooShu lacked as the 1st Arc's 4th World), but it needs some changes. From what I've heard though, I don't see many saying specifically where the problem is. The whole world can't honestly be wondra (Grub Gaurdian term for insanely hard after insane difficulty) from start to finish. It may help KI to know where to go and make the needed adjustments. But nonetheless, I think KI will come back to Azteca.

In the meantime Young Wizard, maybe you should take a little break from the game and find something else? It may not be what you'd or anyone else want to hear, but I have no other advice, I'm afraid.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Hi,

You are certainly not alone in these thoughts. We are having the same problem here with our little 3 in family group. One of our family group did attempt to forge on in AZ and had to give it up - she plays too poorly, does not have a clue how to out fit her little storm wizard and others started to shun her. Some made suggestions on what she needed to do before she came back there, not knowing what any of it meant she finally just gave up. I really just am not up to the requirements needed to carry her though that land and frankly that sort of game play does not interest me at all but I feel bad that she really wanted to complete the game and I was the one who got her started with it.

As for attitude issues - they started for me in Celestia - I became a totally solo player because almost everyone I had contact with seemed to have a very competitive attitude towards the game, being a Life wizard leaded me to everyone wanting me to be their minion. I really never learned to play the "game" that well but I did learn how to survive on my own with out ridicule and became independent.

For me the best part of the game and where I can handle it, is the first arc. Once I finish DS I know it's an uphill battle for me to figure it out to get by, bye bye to relaxing and just playing a game. I have taken to questing to a certain point then starting a new wizard. I have become comfortable with deleting wizards to be able to open a slot to start all over again.

Take from the game what you like and leave what you don't to the ones who do, has become my Motto. Playing the game with a disposable wizard also saves you money - I do not invest in my wizards any more as I know they are here today but could be gone tomorrow. I save only what I don't think I will ever win again in the game in the shared bank and delete everything else. Things I used to value and take pride in don't seem to mean the same any more.

Mary StarGem

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I have a mixture of feelings.

Up to and including Alto Alto was challenging but fun and reasonably possible going solo. Fun only because I was defeating tough enemy, frustrating that I wasn't getting anything for it and I had no connection to the NPCs, story, or the world (key point!). Frustrating because any stranger that jumps in my battles often gets us both defeated. Azteca is defintely not a good place to try playing with strangers*.

After Alto Alto I wasn't fond of Azteca at all. It seemed more and more pointless. I became level 90 so my wizard no longer gained XP. Solo play ubruptly went from challenging to impossible (for me). Through the entire spiral I have never spent more than 5 attempts to complete a dungeon... until Pitch Black Lake. Twin Giants absolutely required team mates which I don't have anymore. Xibalba, ya okay, whatever.

* Except some bad players rely on strangers to get them through. Often really crumby players jump into others batlles so they can get by. This is okay in Celestia or Zafaria, but I can't pull crumby players through Azteca....its tough enough for me!

~ RottenHeart

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RottenHeart on May 20, 2013 wrote:
I have a mixture of feelings.

Up to and including Alto Alto was challenging but fun and reasonably possible going solo. Fun only because I was defeating tough enemy, frustrating that I wasn't getting anything for it and I had no connection to the NPCs, story, or the world (key point!). Frustrating because any stranger that jumps in my battles often gets us both defeated. Azteca is defintely not a good place to try playing with strangers*.

After Alto Alto I wasn't fond of Azteca at all. It seemed more and more pointless. I became level 90 so my wizard no longer gained XP. Solo play ubruptly went from challenging to impossible (for me). Through the entire spiral I have never spent more than 5 attempts to complete a dungeon... until Pitch Black Lake. Twin Giants absolutely required team mates which I don't have anymore. Xibalba, ya okay, whatever.

* Except some bad players rely on strangers to get them through. Often really crumby players jump into others batlles so they can get by. This is okay in Celestia or Zafaria, but I can't pull crumby players through Azteca....its tough enough for me!

~ RottenHeart
Well stated RottenHeart.

My life wizard was doing quests that was requiring her to jump back and forth from CloudBurst Forest to Alto Alto. Right now she has stopped with her next quest in Alto Alto. I have not run her in Az since early March.

I have only done 2 quests in Av on my Pyro recently, and, will complete that world. Just not sure I am taking another into Az.

I have done a lot of solo up to this point with help from friends when needed, but as you say, it becomes very difficut and running solo, even when you are changing tactics, gear and tweaking decks, suddenly can't be done on some wizards.

After my 4th attempt on one particular boss, I finally called for help. Too many things are coming TOO late to be of much help in Az. Crafting and the NEEDED reagents/spell cards, Spell quests, you name it, puts your wizards at a great disadvantage very quickly. I find that in many cases some wizards will actually be lvl 90 before they can access what they should have been able to get when they entered Az.

I have been playing for over 4 years and have never been as frustrated other than all the "did not collects" or as disappointed with the storyline. By the way, KI where is the Storyline? You must have lost it somewhere along the way. I hate nothing more than reading a good book then suddenly the story makes absolutely no sense.