Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

astral spell quest for level 84 in azteca

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
6
please help me i died 167 times no joke i been counting help me or i will never get this and have no crowns and not enough money to and crowns for henchmen please do what you can to help jack ice blade level 84

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
jakehero8 on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
please help me i died 167 times no joke i been counting help me or i will never get this and have no crowns and not enough money to and crowns for henchmen please do what you can to help jack ice blade level 84
And may I ask if you have a strategy? If you do improve it, if you don't get one.

I myself, even though I am not ice, always kills the minion with an aoe, for ice that shouldn't be too hard, then I cannot see any problems from there.

Historian
May 06, 2009
630
jakehero8 on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
please help me i died 167 times no joke i been counting help me or i will never get this and have no crowns and not enough money to and crowns for henchmen please do what you can to help jack ice blade level 84
This is quite a challenge, but it can be done without henchmen. When I did this quest, I used the strategy that was used by Duelist101. You can check them out online as well as on their website Duelist101 for guides. Now that level 75 minions are out, I would strongly recommend you try for Fredoo to aid you in battle.

I would recommend setting a small deck with only enough spells that ensure a one hit kill on the enemy. Don't worry about the main boss, only focus on the minions during the battle. Spells like Iceblade, TC Iceblade, Elemental Blade, TC Elemental Blade, Ice Trap, Feint, TC Ice Trap, and TC Feint may be more than enough for want you need. Power up a Colosal Collosus or Wooly Mammoth and one of the monkeys should be out. Repeat this effect for the second minion. Always prepare a Reshuffle (TC or regular) as you will completely need the spell during this fight (at least 3 for safety). Definitely use a large portion of your deck toward volcanic Shield (which gives you -70% incoming fire spells) and tower shield. This allows you to take little damage and force the enemy to waste pips. Frozen Armor may help you very much. When you have defeated, both minions, hammer at the boss or prepare a massive strike with a colosal Wooly Mammoth.

Many players have said, as soon as you walk into the instance, have full bottles and place a mark. Focus only on defeating at least one minion. If you are defeated but have succeeded in killing one monkey, use a bottle and port back quick as you will have a limited about of time to save your progress. Upon entering again, you will see it is just the boss and his minion. Save another mark and work on the other minion. When you have defeated him, it will only be you and the boss. If you're defeated after killing the second minion, repeat flask use and port back to battle. Focus all your power on hammering at the boss until he is down. He should be alone at this point. It's straight forward from there.

I hope this helped!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
This is quite a challenge, but it can be done without henchmen. When I did this quest, I used the strategy that was used by Duelist101. You can check them out online as well as on their website Duelist101 for guides. Now that level 75 minions are out, I would strongly recommend you try for Fredoo to aid you in battle.

I would recommend setting a small deck with only enough spells that ensure a one hit kill on the enemy. Don't worry about the main boss, only focus on the minions during the battle. Spells like Iceblade, TC Iceblade, Elemental Blade, TC Elemental Blade, Ice Trap, Feint, TC Ice Trap, and TC Feint may be more than enough for want you need. Power up a Colosal Collosus or Wooly Mammoth and one of the monkeys should be out. Repeat this effect for the second minion. Always prepare a Reshuffle (TC or regular) as you will completely need the spell during this fight (at least 3 for safety). Definitely use a large portion of your deck toward volcanic Shield (which gives you -70% incoming fire spells) and tower shield. This allows you to take little damage and force the enemy to waste pips. Frozen Armor may help you very much. When you have defeated, both minions, hammer at the boss or prepare a massive strike with a colosal Wooly Mammoth.

Many players have said, as soon as you walk into the instance, have full bottles and place a mark. Focus only on defeating at least one minion. If you are defeated but have succeeded in killing one monkey, use a bottle and port back quick as you will have a limited about of time to save your progress. Upon entering again, you will see it is just the boss and his minion. Save another mark and work on the other minion. When you have defeated him, it will only be you and the boss. If you're defeated after killing the second minion, repeat flask use and port back to battle. Focus all your power on hammering at the boss until he is down. He should be alone at this point. It's straight forward from there.

I hope this helped!
When I did this instance marks were not allowed inside and they were all there when I got back no matter how long or many I defeated the time before. Has this changed?

Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
6
honestly i am not good at this game i have not been able to solo things since world 2 so i need you guys to say what to do since i am bad

Historian
May 06, 2009
630
Northlite on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
When I did this instance marks were not allowed inside and they were all there when I got back no matter how long or many I defeated the time before. Has this changed?
I'm not sure. This mark-thing is only something I heard other players say, so I figured "Why not mention it?" I could have been changed so that you can no longer do this. I, honestly, never used the mark and port back strategy when soloing or during any of the 84, 86, 88, and school spell quests. I relied on a "small" (my idea of small is like 40-50 out of 64 spells) deck with only the essential power ups I needed to defeat the minions and then hammer or one hit kill the boss.

To Jakehero8
I just realized I was referring to the level 86 boss and not the level 84. Silly me. It's the same concept though. As I remember it was Wanadi Black Sky and two fire Smoking Mirror Zombies. Focus only on one enemy. Because you're Ice, you can boost to them. I would power up with a Feint (if you know it), Amplify, Ice Trap, Ice Blade, Elemental Blade, and Elemental Trap one of them. Treasure Card versions of any of these spells would be a big help. Sun Damage enchants on the enemy should help you. You can pick them up at the Bazaar, the Archivist in the Star District (if my memory serves me right) and from Harold Argleston in the Wizard City Library. Because Wanadi is Myth, he will know Earthquake. It would behoove you not to use the Blades very soon and wait until his pips go down. With a Colossal, or Strong at least, Wooly Mammoth, the enemy should fall. Repeat process on second enemy. (If you want, you can use Frost Giant, power up with the

When it comes to Wanadi, power up your Wooly Mammoth

Pack plenty of Volcanic Shields and Tower Shields! I learned all of the Ice spells, and so I had access to these spells. With these, the Fire guys can "barely" deal damage on you and thus you survive longer and they waste pips for big spells. I almost forgot heals (being Death, I tend to forget other schools can't steal health). Ice and Frozen Armor can help you, but have a chance to be removed by Earthquake. Definitely need Pixies, and Satyrs as those can give a big boost in health. Reshuffle is a must have for those small-medium sized decks.

So out of a 64 Deck, I would recommend: 6 Volcanic Shields, 5 Tower Shields, 3 Fortifies, 3 Ice Traps, 3 Ice Blades, 2-3 Balefrosts for extra damage, 2 Amplifies, 3 Wooly Mammoths, 3 Sun Damage Enchants of your choice, 3 Feints, 3 Elemental Blades, 2-3 Reshuffles, 4 Satyrs, 4 Pixies, and 3 Elemental Traps of a total of 45-48 cards. Treasure Card Versions of Amplify, Sun Damage Enchants, Reshuffle, Elemental Blade & Traps, Ice Trap, and Ice Blade should help you. Do be patient with the battle, and wait for your power ups before striking (but your Reshuffles should be life savers). I'd also recommend looking at Level 86 Sun Spell guides on Duelist101 to play a strategy off of. That's what I did.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
6
well that did not work for me bit after i died 233 times and tried again they fizzled almost every time they attacked and i won dont know how that happened