Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Few Words About Azteca

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
My storm, which has beaten the game, had few problems with Azteca. The biggest problem was Xibalba, but that is expected. Waterworks gear got me through fine with a nice ice wand with plenty of block. Block is easliy the most important thing in Azteca in my opinion. I want to say i did have a quest buddy most of the time past Cenote. Also, i want to stand up for KI and say that Azteca is not meant to be soloed, but i understand some people have to. This is my first post and I hope its decent.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
My storm is like your storm.But quested alone.In Azteca WW gear is good for Balance Storm and Death but not so good for the others.My storm with questing gear on he might have a problem or 2.With his stats he has gotten through Azteca with 2 problems: Grim Calca's because of the annoying huge health and Twin Giant's Belloq (ra).His gear has made him solo azteca with 2 times need of help.

Full WW
Wolf jade claw
Ring of the hunting wolf
Madam Ruby:
Storm giver
Pain giver
Spritely
Fairy friend
Spell proof 10%
Runwarden's deck
Sword of the kings storm

If you play like me you should take about 6-9 min per mob battle and 15-25 for a boss battle.
While his stats is great he still can not solo everything.This is his quest gear and pvp gear is so far unknown from me.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Yea, Azteca was meant to be a team/partner world, and not by any means solo. Most people know that, but either:
dont have friends to do it with
or prefer not to worl together with others

And most people quit by then, so there isn't much chance to meet anyone there

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
wizardrokz on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Yea, Azteca was meant to be a team/partner world, and not by any means solo. Most people know that, but either:

Well it is a partner world for sure but people have hard times in azteca.If people want partners I can be someone's partner.I have quit questing and have helped my friends for a few months now so if anyone wants help just ask me.My friend's list might be big but I can delete someone that has not played for months.

Historian
May 06, 2009

I have to disagree with you there. I don't think Azteca was primarily ment to be group played at all. I quested through a lot of Azteca alone on my Death wizard, moslty from the Zocalo to Pitch Black Lake, and I've enjoyed it a lot. I've also seen quite a few people around, unfortunately not as many in Zutlun Dock onward.

Am I going very fast? Not at all, and I don't want to. I don't like fast paced stylings so for me slow pace is good. Boss battles can take me an hour or less to beat and some Mob battles half that, and I like that because sometimes it seems I could loose and then I pull myself out and win it. Also it's just my way of spending time on the weekends. I like that. I did a lot of soloing in Avalon so for me Azteca's no different. Crafted gear helps, but I understand that's not as conveniet as some would like.

I like to solo but I will group if necessary or if someone needs help. I actually keep by deck at a Group setting whenever I can. I haven't quit yet from soloing; too devoted to Kingsisle's awesome story telling.

If Azteca got some toning down or tweaking, that would be nice. Maybe some power boosts on the dropped and crafted gear sets.

Overall, I think Azteca has some very strong potential after tweaking, good use of different story telling and dialogue scripting, and a very well done job of setting the scene of urgency and dept for the story. Difficulty can come down a notch or we get powered up a bit, after that we should be right as an adamant.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
I have to disagree with you there. I don't think Azteca was primarily ment to be group played at all. I quested through a lot of Azteca alone on my Death wizard, moslty from the Zocalo to Pitch Black Lake, and I've enjoyed it a lot. I've also seen quite a few people around, unfortunately not as many in Zutlun Dock onward.

Am I going very fast? Not at all, and I don't want to. I don't like fast paced stylings so for me slow pace is good. Boss battles can take me an hour or less to beat and some Mob battles half that, and I like that because sometimes it seems I could loose and then I pull myself out and win it. Also it's just my way of spending time on the weekends. I like that. I did a lot of soloing in Avalon so for me Azteca's no different. Crafted gear helps, but I understand that's not as conveniet as some would like.

I like to solo but I will group if necessary or if someone needs help. I actually keep by deck at a Group setting whenever I can. I haven't quit yet from soloing; too devoted to Kingsisle's awesome story telling.

If Azteca got some toning down or tweaking, that would be nice. Maybe some power boosts on the dropped and crafted gear sets.

Overall, I think Azteca has some very strong potential after tweaking, good use of different story telling and dialogue scripting, and a very well done job of setting the scene of urgency and dept for the story. Difficulty can come down a notch or we get powered up a bit, after that we should be right as an adamant.
Thank you. No player should be forced to Team play. I don't travel through any world at top speed but don't expect any of my friends to go at a snails pace if I choose to move slower than they are. I have soloed a lot of the game on different wizards and have had help from friends when I needed it. My friends and I all live in different time zones, and we have a real life to live as well. We can't always be on at the same time.

IT has been stated time and again that Az does need to be toned down/tweaked here and there and everytime, it creates a war of words from those that are more "hardcore" saying it needs to be even harder.

The gear in Az most definitely needs some working over, our Pips need to be increased based on the fact that we are still starting with only 2 Power Pips at most while the mobs/bosses are as much as a full rack of Power Pips. Spells are coming toooooooo late in a world to be of sufficient use. Crafting quests are over the top. Drops need to be comparable with the world instead of 3 worlds weaker and worth the effort to battle for. Instead of placing all new items in the Crowns shop and Hoard Packs, there needs to be more of them made unique in game items.

Why has AZ been turned upside down and backwards?

What happened to the unique in game items KI?

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:

Death and the elemental schools can solo, but myth life and balance, not so much. My balance can not solo bosses and I have never seen a solo myth or life in this world.

And my friends who solo think it is hard. In my opinion this was meant to be a team world, but thats just me

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I have soloed most of AZ, and I am entering alto alto now.
My biggest thrill is seeing the new gear that can be crafted in each new world. I just finished my shield for the AZ quest and checked out the gear. Let's just say I should have looked at the gear before undertaking that crafting quest and spending days collecting agave.
Might as well hit level 90, get some jade gear, a high block card pack wand and be done with it. Nothing crafted comes close.
And why is it since Avalon all the crafted gear has dropped any boost to power pips? I have this new fancy spell that cost ten pips (Avenging Fossil) and it can take a half dozen rounds before I can cast it, if I can cast it at all.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011

Azteca is the world where you get to the real gamers, and the noncommited of gotten weeded out by then (and quit).

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AlphaWolf02 on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
Azteca is the world where you get to the real gamers, and the noncommited of gotten weeded out by then (and quit).
Real gamers????? I'm sorry but this game was never advertised as a "Real Gamers" game. "Real Gamers" in my opinion refers to "HARDCORE" and totally ruins what this game has been to a lot of players. Many of us started playing this game with younger members of our families for the fun and magic the game possessed. It was a place to relax and have a good time that is no longer there with AZ. A large number of players are working parents and school age kids that deal with stress in the REAL world everyday. We played this game to get away from the stress of the REAL world, not add more.

It was and still is advertised as a "Family Oriented Casual" game rated "E10+" not a "Real Gamers"/ "Hardcore" game.

By the fact that a lot of players started leaving the game post CL and more have left with each new world in the second arc, means that KI is losing revenue on subbed accounts and possibly on crowns accounts as well.
Even though CL through ZF was extremely tedious on the Collect Quests, they and Av are all reasonably playable.

Av brought back "SOME" of the fun but very little of the Magic. It really does not matter how many new players join at this point. There will be just as many leaving when they too run into the difficulty level Az has in store if no new SIDE WORLDS are added to level and balance the second ARC. Yes, SIDE WORLDS. Just as WinterTusk makes it easier to run Cl, they would have also been a big help with ZF, AV, AZ.

AZ has gone over the top on almost everything associated with this world. Boss/mobs having a full rack of Power Pips, we still only start wit 2 Power Pips at the mosts. Boss/mobs having our Rank 10 spells before we ever see get to the quest giver or the right area to do the spell quests. Gear that would have been useful maybe in CL, but so heavily nerfed in Az that it is useless. Drops of common "Reagents" we have all collected during our travels to craft new gear or other items for our houses. Almost impossible to get Reagents needed for the latest crafting quests.

CL was the last MAIN world you could pick up side quests as you went through that world. You can't do that now from ZF forward. Now you have to be sent to a NPC for them and hope that if you reject it, you can still continue with MAIN quest line. CL and ZF were not bombarded with dozens of sides, AV and especially AZ are LOADED WITH SIDE QUESTS. In AZ, the Story Line is so broken you have a very hard time following it.

"AZ is upside down and backwards".

Fallon WinterLeaf/Life
lvl 88/89
Tierra de Brea, AZ.