Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will these stats work throughout Avalon?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Will these stats get me thru Avalon?

Level: 79 Death
HP: 3,793
Mana: 415

Damage: 47 death, 9 the rest
Resist: 12 to all
Accuracy: 7 death

Critical: 96 death, 24 the rest
Block: 117 to all (has blocked over 85% of all criticals)
Power Pips: 82
Healing: 17/16
Armor Pierce: 1%

I don't use any off school attack spells. I know these aren't the best stats, and have been upgrading and crafting items as I go, but will these numbers suffice?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Looks good but you may want to try farming for the Wyrd-Oak Staff, which gives 73 additional block and a small crit boost. (Indigo Giant, The Wyrd)

I would also make sure you have looked at these recipes in the Wild:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Shane_MacGobhann

Forest Hearth Boots: ice/death, 6% global resist, 86 global block, 4% death accuracy, 11% death damage
Wraps of the Catacombs: storm/death, 26% storm resist, 86 storm block, 4/11 death acc/damage, best for pantera duty and oddly enough works great in Mirror Lake against both Tse-Tse and spiders.
Skip Greaves of the Banneret unless you are having specific issues with myth and life.
Silver Petal Band: 300/176 life/mana, 14% pips, 25% incoming heal, 15 global and 35 (not 45) balance block
Triskelion Band: 300/176, 14% pips, 25% heal, ~50 elemental block with emphasis on storm block
Three-Lobed Seal: 300/176, 14% pips, 25% heal, ~50 spirit block with emphasis on death block (because blocking death crits shuts down massive enemy heals from crit wraiths, crows, etc.)

and Dun Dara:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Lewelyn

Mantle of the Wold: your death hat that gives life and myth block and 130 death crit. AZ hat is only a very minor upgrade of this hat's crit rating.
Longcoat of the Wold: 12% global resist, 4/19% acc/damage, some spirit crit blocks. AZ robe is only a very minor upgrade of this robe's crit rating.

I learned about these rings and the Wyrd-Oak staff the hard way, in Outer Yard, getting blown out by crits I used to block at lower levels of Avalon. I wouldn't go past say, Catalan without at least 150 boss-specific critical block. Crafting the rings now and swapping them for the battles ahead makes it easy for you to anticipate and block whatever comes your way.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Thanks for your input. i've been studying the Avalon recipes for better stats and it SEEMS like I'm sacrificing resistance (guaranteed) for block (potential). Now, I understand the argument, that by blocking critical, it'll help save damage. I'll see how those items compare to my own and mix and match. Thanks for your inpout

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
dayerider on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
Will these stats get me thru Avalon?

Level: 79 Death
HP: 3,793
Mana: 415

Damage: 47 death, 9 the rest
Resist: 12 to all

Critical: 96 death, 24 the rest
Block: 117 to all (has blocked over 85% of all criticals)
Power Pips: 82
Healing: 17/16
Armor Pierce: 1%

I don't use any off school attack spells. I know these aren't the best stats, and have been upgrading and crafting items as I go, but will these numbers suffice?
I`d try to get your healing up in exchange for less mana.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I'm a big fan of universal resist. Your block looks OK to me for Avalon. I would try to get your universal resist up to around 30% or more if you can. Waterworks gear was pretty good for universal resist.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
So, here's the new stats and I'd proudly, and successfully in Azteca:

Level: 85 Death
HP: 4,026
Mana: 321

Damage: 49 death, 9 the rest
Resist: 13 to all

Critical: 102 death, 30 the rest
Block: 137 to all (has blocked over 85% of all criticals)
Power Pips: 90
Healing: 34 in/8 out
Armor Pierce: 2%

Clearly Criticals and incoming healing have had the biggest boosts. I'm not done upgrading, but I am done, for now, until I find need to do more