Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sword of Kings For Life

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 18, 2010
I don't know if it's just me or what. I'm a little disappointed in the Sword of Kings for life wizards. All the other schools' Sword of Kings have critical block but life. Also the critical isn't too great. 31? The only thing I like about the sword is that it has 25 percent outgoing for heals. The rest of the stats, I'm not too pleased about. I'm not trying to be mean or offensive, this is just how I feel about the Sword of Kings for life.

I'm just wondering, what do you guys think about the Sword of Kings for life?

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Life isn't my main, but I'll put my thoughts about it here I posted on another W101 fan-blog:

"My BEST guess as to why KI decided to not give Life any Block is because they were probably considering the chance that a Life might craft the level 76 gear (including the athame and ring), which gives a lot of Block in total. And they probably thought that the +25% outgoing heal would be helpful for a Life if they crafted their gear, which gives a crazy amount of Critical regardless of your school (my Myth currently has 219 Critical and I don't even have my Sword of Kings yet!). So, even if a Life has a lower amount of Block against other schools, combine the 25% heal increase with a Vengeance, Mend and/or boosted Life Critical and it probably wouldn't matter so much."

So in short, Life's Sword of Kings works best when you have all crafted gear equipped so that way your Block would still be high enough to withstand most of Avalon's mob's criticals and your Critical rating would easily be over 170 and the 25% heal boost would make you that much more of an effected healer...especially if you Critical.

Explorer
May 18, 2010
Yohko86 wrote:
Life isn't my main, but I'll put my thoughts about it here I posted on another W101 fan-blog:

"My BEST guess as to why KI decided to not give Life any Block is because they were probably considering the chance that a Life might craft the level 76 gear (including the athame and ring), which gives a lot of Block in total. And they probably thought that the +25% outgoing heal would be helpful for a Life if they crafted their gear, which gives a crazy amount of Critical regardless of your school (my Myth currently has 219 Critical and I don't even have my Sword of Kings yet!). So, even if a Life has a lower amount of Block against other schools, combine the 25% heal increase with a Vengeance, Mend and/or boosted Life Critical and it probably wouldn't matter so much."

So in short, Life's Sword of Kings works best when you have all crafted gear equipped so that way your Block would still be high enough to withstand most of Avalon's mob's criticals and your Critical rating would easily be over 170 and the 25% heal boost would make you that much more of an effected healer...especially if you Critical.

Aye, I guess that would make since, but still....I just think we should get a little bit of critical block. And the crafting gears do have good critical rate and block. But, alas, I'm somewhat lazy to craft the Spirit Caller Drum to get Legendary Artisan... so I couldn't craft the gears. Also the crafting gear aren't that great in my opinion except for the critical rate and block. But I guess most of what you said makes since. Thanks for the info, bud.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
clcastillo wrote:
I don't know if it's just me or what. I'm a little disappointed in the Sword of Kings for life wizards. All the other schools' Sword of Kings have critical block but life. Also the critical isn't too great. 31? The only thing I like about the sword is that it has 25 percent outgoing for heals. The rest of the stats, I'm not too pleased about. I'm not trying to be mean or offensive, this is just how I feel about the Sword of Kings for life.

I'm just wondering, what do you guys think about the Sword of Kings for life?

You have to think what is a life wizards main reason in game.. To heal so i can see why they made it that way. 25% outgoing is very nice stack that with blessing and what not and you get yourself a mega Heal. If you crit on that heal wow GOD like .. lol. Anyway think of it this way will be pro healer :p hehe

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
I never, ever use a life wand with my life wiz, nor a death one with my death wiz, etc. So, I will likely never use the Sword of Kings life wand *shrug*.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
I only use it because I make up the block with the 86 block giving boots. :P Its worth it.