Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

JABBERWOCK needs to be nerfed

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Absolutely NO skill in Jabberwock. Jabberwock just ABUSES his power and everytime I cast a fire shield to block his outrageously overpowered meteor strike, this round he just removes it with one one of his attack then I get striken hard. This boss needs to be NERFED there is NO skill involved I thought it took skill to beat a boss but it actually takes luck. I have very bad luck in Wizard101 and then this boss just comes up and abuses his power and my bad luck. When I strike him with loremaster on 2nd round to give him a black mantle when Jabberwock's attack should already fizzle and I get lucky for once, the black mantle doesn't do anything. This boss needs to be nerfed, for this boss is just way too hard. Harder than Pendragon and Young Morganthe combined.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Hundreds of other players have beaten it, and you're complaining. It would be redundant for KingsIsle to even consider nerfing this boss, just because one person had a hard time with his cheats. Cheats don't go by regular combat rules, like the Black Mantle thing you mentioned, that's why they are cheats. There actually is skill involved in the Jabberwock battle, and it's definitely not hard--go in with a group; hit at the right time; flee and teleport back in; consider new gear; etc. Please don't complain about something of which you really have no clue.

- Marissa

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Doesn't need to be nerfed as long as you aren't soloing it. This boss really isn't that hard.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
The first thing you need to do is get some fire shields up. Fire dispel Tc would also serve you well while you blade up for your big attack. You can do it.
Amber

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
frostednutella on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
Doesn't need to be nerfed as long as you aren't soloing it. This boss really isn't that hard.
Even soloing it isn't that hard once you know the timing. Attacks just need to be timed to hit that big trap on the correct round. His "cheats" are predictable and timed so you always know what he's gonna do as long as you keep count of the round number.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Believe it or not, they actually have 'nerfed' the Jabberwockey since Avalon first came out. He's still pretty tough, though.

Careful timing, fire shields and Fire Dispels make all the difference in this battle. The Fire shields and dispels can keep those Meteor strikes manageable while you get rid of the minions and then set up your hit. Wait until he puts that 200% feint on himself - that's when you hit.

I'm putting a link in to a battle guide that was posted at Central a few years ago, but in case the moderators won't allow outside links, just google "Wizard101 Jabberwock guide" and click the first one that comes up (from Wizard101 Central). You will find a solid run-down of his cheats and ways around them.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?275714-The-claws-that-clench-A-guide-to-The-Jabberwock

If all else fails, go in as a team. This is a very difficult battle to solo (unless you can afford to buy henchmen).

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Jabberwock drops Evil Magma Peas and Stone Skeleton Keys. I will often join in from the kiosk to help out with him.

When going through Avalon, it took me several attempts, but I was eventually able to solo him. Getting the best possible Fire Resist gear and having a minimum of two fire shields up at all times makes his Meteor Strike very survivable.

The Jabberwock's trap dispel makes feinting not work very well. Item and regular feint will allow you to kill his minion fast, which is a good idea. After this, defend and heal yourself as you blade up and save your pips. Time your attack so that you get the +200% trap the Jabberwock applies to itself when attacking.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
seethe42 on Sep 1, 2016 wrote:
Even soloing it isn't that hard once you know the timing. Attacks just need to be timed to hit that big trap on the correct round. His "cheats" are predictable and timed so you always know what he's gonna do as long as you keep count of the round number.
Its hard for these types of people to solo it because of this being their first time around so it can very hard and confusing for these people.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
The Jabberwock is a serious pain. I crashed and burned too often facing that boss. When I finally beat him, I had gone through six Life henchmen. Definitely check out the Claws that Clench Jabberwock guide, it was really helpful for me. When I faced him, I didn't use fire dispel, and looking back, I should've. I used TC fire shields. Lots of TC fire shields. Out of all the cheating bosses I've faced, I dislike this one the most.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Many can beat him, many can not while questing through Avalon. I know how frustrating it is and how players are having a hard time finding help to battle him because a lot of them don't have a know how and the strategy to beat him. Some end up leaving the game. I battled him several times and beat him and yet I feel the Jabberwock quest needs to be adjusted so everyone can beat him with little or no frustration as possible.

Tarlac Swiftblade 110
Arthur Battlethorn 110
Seth Stormstalker 110
Sloan Stormcatcher 110
connor Deathslinger 110
Adrian Firecaster 110
Carlos Nightshade 80
Tanner Stormrider 53
Gorman Mythhaven 53

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
DevinSkullStone on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
Absolutely NO skill in Jabberwock. Jabberwock just ABUSES his power and everytime I cast a fire shield to block his outrageously overpowered meteor strike, this round he just removes it with one one of his attack then I get striken hard. This boss needs to be NERFED there is NO skill involved I thought it took skill to beat a boss but it actually takes luck. I have very bad luck in Wizard101 and then this boss just comes up and abuses his power and my bad luck. When I strike him with loremaster on 2nd round to give him a black mantle when Jabberwock's attack should already fizzle and I get lucky for once, the black mantle doesn't do anything. This boss needs to be nerfed, for this boss is just way too hard. Harder than Pendragon and Young Morganthe combined.
There is a way to stop his overpowered meteor strike. you simply put fire dispels (the actual spell name is quench.) on him during every second round. (the cheat cast of meteor is cast every third round.)

-Michael Rainbowheart lvl 5
- Heather lvl 25
- Tatiana Deathflame lvl 81
- Emily Fireheart lvl 110

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
Survivor
Feb 04, 2013
I am a lvl 80 myth will life training so I have good heal abilities I solo 90% of time I can not even put a flesh wound on this boss there is no way he is a lvl 70 area guy I have tried every way suggested and I cannot beat him even with a high lvl life player helping

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
Plenty of others have done it, including me. Yes the Jabberwock is tough, but that is the point- it's a wake-up call. I have beaten it on my fire and I am going to on my myth and death soon. Im not trying to be rude but don't complain about a challenge. If it was nerfed then all of us that already did it would feel cheated like with the 'skip to 50' potion. Get some friends to help, think strategically, and research a bit on the rules of needed. If you think Jabberwock is tough, wait until the Shadowwock in Mirage. It's much tougher.

Explorer
May 08, 2010
DevinSkullStone on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
If you're trying to solo jabberwock always go last. that way his meteor is rendered useless. I've soloed on a storm before. Go with people if you're trying to solo. Black Mantle doesn't always work out. my sirens -50% mantle never works half the time. I see me use that then they somehow hit a frost giant the turn they have that.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2014
The Jabberwock is hard, mostly because I tried to solo it :P. It has a lot of health, and I'm fire so resist. I got 2 other people to help me and it worked out really well. Just add a bunch of fire shields to your deck and it's easy. But don't try to solo it EVER! Unless high level

Cole Earthbreaker

Level 75 fire and soloist