Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Havent got a card in a while

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 03, 2015
im lvl 79 balance im almost finished with avalon i haven’t received a card since chimera which was a while ago but i looked up some stuff and maybe i havent done certain quests? Yesterday i went searching and went to grizzleheim an did a quest for one of the bears and he gave me two dispell cards i dont know what to do now i tried talking to friar nolan i got a message yesterday saying the next card i get is in wintertusk but i havemt completed grizzleheim yet so im lost help please?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
We always try to make it clear the importance of doing side quests and worlds.

Wintertusk, the world you speak of, is an additional side world only unlocked after you've completed the main content of Grizzleheim.

Now, you'll have to back track and complete all the main quests of Grizzleheim.

Once you're done, you'll now have to complete Wintertusk up to at least Sudrilund - This is because the quest giver will send you to this area to do the quest (defeat a boss in a cave here solo).

Availing Hands I'm thinking is one of the spells you're missing. From the info you mentioned, it seems you've already learned the Spiritual and Elemental Diffuses.

That said, the quest The Dragon Gate specifically is the one you'll have to unlock to gain access in Sudrilund that has the cave.

The quest The Runedown available in Northguard from Erik Wyrdrune will lead to the spell.

Once you've satisfied the above requirement, you can now return back to Avalon to pick up a few more. The quest No Pain, No Agravaine available from Friar Nolan in Caliburn will reward you with the spell Mana Burn, a very useful spell for .

And finally, the quest Always After Me Charms will lead to the spell Supernova.

All these spell quests are solo only, meaning you'll have to defeat the boss on your own as no friends will be able to teleport in or out of the instance. There's also no sigil hence no team-up options either.

Be careful about the content you skip, here, you've missed out on key, vital spells that makes a sorcerer who a sorcerer is!

Good Luck

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
runningthe6 on Oct 12, 2018 wrote:
im lvl 79 balance im almost finished with avalon i haven’t received a card since chimera which was a while ago but i looked up some stuff and maybe i havent done certain quests? Yesterday i went searching and went to grizzleheim an did a quest for one of the bears and he gave me two dispell cards i dont know what to do now i tried talking to friar nolan i got a message yesterday saying the next card i get is in wintertusk but i havemt completed grizzleheim yet so im lost help please?
You'll need to finish Grizzleheim to be able to start your questing in Wintertusk. Then you'll be able to get your new spell (and pet) there

You'll also be getting 2 new spells when you reach level 80. Elemental Spear and Spirit Spear are from Enya Firemoon in Fire Elf Village...but you will need to be level 80 to do the quest 'Lair Of The Winter Wyrm'.

It sounds like you may have missed a couple of others too.

Have you got Mana Burn? You can get that at level 72 from Friar Nolan in Caliburn - quest 'No Pain, No Agravaine'...but check you have got Availing Hands because if you haven't you will need to get that first. To get Availing Hands you need to do 'The Runedown' given by Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard.

Once you have got Mana Burn you will be able to pick up the level 75 quest 'Always After Me Charms' from Fianna Yellowknife in High Road. This will give you Supernova!

Once you have done 'The Runedown' you should check if Halston Balestrom has the quest 'Marvelous Minions'. 'Marvelous Minions' will lead you to the spell Nerys. If he doesn't offer you it then you have missed some stuff in Crab Alley.

There are a bunch of Crab Alley quests and you need to have completed 'Coming Up For Air'. They start with 'Trouble Underfoot' given by Sohomer Sunblade in Triton Avenue. There are A LOT of quests so don't worry if it feels like too many or that you're on the wrong path...just keep going. There are a lot, but they are for level 12+ so you'll zip through them fast at your level! You'll need to complete this to be able to get Nerys.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You have to finish Grizzleheim and then quest into Wintertusk up to the start of Nordrilund. Doing that will unlock several utility spells (including the ones Friar Nolan is summoning you about), plus it will unlock several future pets. Set everything aside and resolve yourself to work through those areas until you're all caught up on quests and spells.

Here's a link to help you know what spells you'll be getting.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Balance_School_Spells#axzz5TrSCDXBW

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven