Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

death

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
3
Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
85
The Waterworks gear, dropped by bosses in the Waterworks is the best gear you can get right now.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
3
Well i'm working on getting my crafting up to the point where i could craft the armor. I just wanted to know if bosses dropped anything good. thanks

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
85
Crafting is a good idea, but as far as boss drops, your out of luck because gear isn't that good.

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
117
There is an iron smith, i believe he's called, by one of the houses that sells items with really good resistance stats. He has spirit and elemental to choose from. I can't remember for sure where he is, but you can look it up on www.wizard101central.com/wiki.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
323
I would say the best death gear would be WW robe, Crafted WT hat, and crafted Avalon boots, which offer high universal block.
Most of the Avalon gear gives good resist/block to a couple of schools.
I do not like to mess around with carrying many sets of gear to change for each battle, so go with something simple.
My gear right now offers good resist (with spell proof pet) and good damage (80%), again with pet. I do not have the Avalon boots, but the WW ones.
Block is not fantastic, but I block all mobs and bosses like 60-75% of the time.
Death needs good buffing to take out mobs, so I kept my WT hat for the 45% blade it gives. Avalon gear is terrible for power pips, from what I have seen. Right now, I am at 92%, which helps out alot.

You would be hard pressed to find a set of gear that is all around better than the WW gear for Death.
Maybe next world?

Chris Nightwraith
Transcended Necromancer
WCP

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
Ronster55 wrote:
Craft the robe and Block boots. Then farm for the sidhe staff. Thats what I would do.


Not a bad idea but what's the point of doing that since your critical won't go up since you switched to the sidhe staff. Really the boosts are good and the robe is decent. If you switch all you really gain is a small accuracy boost along with some critical, and some health.

Although you lose 1 resistant point, some power pip chance, and some incoming heal boost.
So really it depends on your style of fighting.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
323
I just finished crafting the block boots (gives death and ice accuracy and damage) and the ring which gives elemental block and tried them out.
After 3 or 4 mob fights and one boss fight I went back to my WW stuff.
I now seem to have about a 50% chance of power pips with an 86% power pip percentage. Damage boost dropped from 80% to like 68% too.

I guess I will have to farm for the Sidhe staff and try that way, but I will lose crit/block that way too.
I have not made it to dun dara for the robe, but will have to re-evaluate things when I get there.
I am about to get my level 78 pet, which will allow me to hatch a triple damage pet, but I am not sure if that will help enough.

I guess it is give and take, but in order to increase my block, I will have to change the very nature of my playing style. That is tough for an old dog (level 77) at this point in the game.
pods

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
191
pods1973 wrote:
I just finished crafting the block boots (gives death and ice accuracy and damage) and the ring which gives elemental block and tried them out.
After 3 or 4 mob fights and one boss fight I went back to my WW stuff.
I now seem to have about a 50% chance of power pips with an 86% power pip percentage. Damage boost dropped from 80% to like 68% too.

I guess I will have to farm for the Sidhe staff and try that way, but I will lose crit/block that way too.
I have not made it to dun dara for the robe, but will have to re-evaluate things when I get there.
I am about to get my level 78 pet, which will allow me to hatch a triple damage pet, but I am not sure if that will help enough.

I guess it is give and take, but in order to increase my block, I will have to change the very nature of my playing style. That is tough for an old dog (level 77) at this point in the game.
pods


if you are hard pressed to buff with blades with pips enough to spare, try using empowerment. It helps a lot with casting tc spiritual 40 blades and regular 35 spiritual blades. A first turn empowerment is quite impressive when trying to blade up.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane
Brahm


Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
323
Sarahnimo wrote:
pods1973 wrote:
I just finished crafting the block boots (gives death and ice accuracy and damage) and the ring which gives elemental block and tried them out.
After 3 or 4 mob fights and one boss fight I went back to my WW stuff.
I now seem to have about a 50% chance of power pips with an 86% power pip percentage. Damage boost dropped from 80% to like 68% too.

I guess I will have to farm for the Sidhe staff and try that way, but I will lose crit/block that way too.
I have not made it to dun dara for the robe, but will have to re-evaluate things when I get there.
I am about to get my level 78 pet, which will allow me to hatch a triple damage pet, but I am not sure if that will help enough.

I guess it is give and take, but in order to increase my block, I will have to change the very nature of my playing style. That is tough for an old dog (level 77) at this point in the game.
pods


if you are hard pressed to buff with blades with pips enough to spare, try using empowerment. It helps a lot with casting tc spiritual 40 blades and regular 35 spiritual blades. A first turn empowerment is quite impressive when trying to blade up.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane
Brahm



Thanks for the idea. I do have 3 zero pip blades atm. I have death blade, 45% death blade from my WT crafted hat, and a 30% balance blade from an amulet.
I have used empowerment/dark pact before, but if it does not come up first turn they are useless. Maybe if they did moon damage they would be worthwhile?
I run a tiny deck for mobs and still could not plan that into my playing style.
We just ran the jabberwok last night and I wore the new clothes. Definitely helped, as there was not a critical that I didn't block.
I just have to get used to not having all power pips again.
I might keep track of my actual percentage tonight to see if it matches up with my 86%. It probably does, but I would like to see for sure.

When we finish Avalon I will start farming Mirror Lake for the Sidhe staff, and with my new bone dragon pet, I have the opportunity to get a 3x damage pet. That should help.
pods

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
191
pods1973 wrote:
Sarahnimo wrote:
pods1973 wrote:
I just finished crafting the block boots (gives death and ice accuracy and damage) and the ring which gives elemental block and tried them out.
After 3 or 4 mob fights and one boss fight I went back to my WW stuff.
I now seem to have about a 50% chance of power pips with an 86% power pip percentage. Damage boost dropped from 80% to like 68% too.

I guess I will have to farm for the Sidhe staff and try that way, but I will lose crit/block that way too.
I have not made it to dun dara for the robe, but will have to re-evaluate things when I get there.
I am about to get my level 78 pet, which will allow me to hatch a triple damage pet, but I am not sure if that will help enough.

I guess it is give and take, but in order to increase my block, I will have to change the very nature of my playing style. That is tough for an old dog (level 77) at this point in the game.
pods


if you are hard pressed to buff with blades with pips enough to spare, try using empowerment. It helps a lot with casting tc spiritual 40 blades and regular 35 spiritual blades. A first turn empowerment is quite impressive when trying to blade up.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane
Brahm



Thanks for the idea. I do have 3 zero pip blades atm. I have death blade, 45% death blade from my WT crafted hat, and a 30% balance blade from an amulet.
I have used empowerment/dark pact before, but if it does not come up first turn they are useless. Maybe if they did moon damage they would be worthwhile?
I run a tiny deck for mobs and still could not plan that into my playing style.
We just ran the jabberwok last night and I wore the new clothes. Definitely helped, as there was not a critical that I didn't block.
I just have to get used to not having all power pips again.
I might keep track of my actual percentage tonight to see if it matches up with my 86%. It probably does, but I would like to see for sure.

When we finish Avalon I will start farming Mirror Lake for the Sidhe staff, and with my new bone dragon pet, I have the opportunity to get a 3x damage pet. That should help.
pods


with not much sensible gears and trinkets around, I guess we all end up with similar number of blades. Just that I can just reach damage peak for crow with tc 40s and regular 35s. Berserk is also very good for a death mage if used properly. Mine only has 65% pip chance, I know it doesn't look good on paper but its definitely good enough for Avalon.

On topic, I currently use AV hat and robes + ZF boots. but its a tricky tweak with trinkets and pet to make it AV proof.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
323
When playing last night I had a balance boss go critical on me which I did not block even with a block rating of 163 for balance. Maybe I will see about different combinations of articles that work better. I thought I would be blocking all criticals now, oh well. I even blocked the mobs with just my WW gear. At least that gave me good damage boost and power pips.
I will have to see how the robe looks when I get to Dun Dara. We are in the Wyrd right now, so we are close.

I will have to toy around with Beserk. Might as well, as I have a half dozen extra training points left.
Thanks!
pods