Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can not get Avalon plant spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
I can not get the new plant spells in Avalon. I am level 78, level 15 gardener. I never got the' There's the Shrub' quest from Sumner Feildgold. I have never seen Roger the Shrubber. I have done the quests in Dun Dara, Gwendolyn has moved to Abby Road already. I have been running around trying to find any quests that i have missed. I am at a loss. PLEASE does someone have a clue????

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
Same problem here. I'm level 80, done every single quest and haven't seen Sumner offer the quest, he only sells me decks. I'm not sure if a certain garden rank has to be antained first, as I'm only rank 9 in gardening.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
mookitooki wrote:
I can not get the new plant spells in Avalon. I am level 78, level 15 gardener. I never got the' There's the Shrub' quest from Sumner Feildgold. I have never seen Roger the Shrubber. I have done the quests in Dun Dara, Gwendolyn has moved to Abby Road already. I have been running around trying to find any quests that i have missed. I am at a loss. PLEASE does someone have a clue????

This is a side quest, meaning that it is not related to the main storyline~ it's only available after you complete the quest 'Queen of Light Took Her Bow", given by Aodh in Dun Dara.

When you complete the quest, Fieldgold will /not/ summon you~ if you haven't been back to Caliburn in a while, that's where to start.

Recommended reading:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:There%27s_the_Shrub

From that page, you can backtrack through the pre-quest requirements to see what you may have missed. Hope this helps!

El Veeb

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
I have been through the Wiz central wiki many times. I have run all over Avalon looking for anyone with a missing quest. As for the gardening level, I am level 15. I am convinced i will not get it. Looking around at other comments, I have seen other people with comments that they seem to be missing some of the side quests.

On a side note... is there anyway of finding out what quests i have completed??? I am not sure i ever did ' Queen of Light Took Her Bow ', but i can say that Aodh is not offering any more quests right now. And also that Gwendolyn is no longer in Dun Dara for doing that quest.

Thanks for trying to help. I really wanted to try the new plant spells and i don't think i will be until KI fixes something.

Community Leader
I just tried and at level 75 I finished Dun Dura "Kiss from a Rose" quest summer then at a ! over his head.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
well i actually got the quest and completed it. all i can say is finish the world. btw does anyone even have an idea of where he is because i cant find him?

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
mookitooki wrote:

Hello,
Well your not alone and KI said go here to see about getting. I have done all the side quest too and still no shrub quest from Sumner in Cali.. Person
that I am with doing AV has the quest and we did all the quest together.
We are about to go into Outer Yard. Think is a bug with, my Life and Fire
wiz had no trouble getting. Think we are stuck till KI is willing to say there is a problem and fixs it. Sorry am of no major help but at least you know your not the only one this has happened to.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
i finally did send a bug report to Wizard 101 help/support. They did not tell me why I had the problem, but they did fix it for me. They added the ' between two shrubs ' quest to my list so i could finally get to Roger.

Big YYYAAAAAAA!!!!! to the support guys. I had a prob and they fixed it in a jiffy.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
I have the same exact problem that everyone else here is talking about. Never got "between two shrubs" quest. I am actually lvl 81 and lvl 15 gardener, still no quest and no Roger. Gonna try a bug report, hopefully they will add the quest for me. It must be a bug because my storm and my fire and my death all got the quest.

Administrator
pinkstarky on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
I have the same exact problem that everyone else here is talking about. Never got "between two shrubs" quest. I am actually lvl 81 and lvl 15 gardener, still no quest and no Roger. Gonna try a bug report, hopefully they will add the quest for me. It must be a bug because my storm and my fire and my death all got the quest.
You have not been offered "Between Two Shrubs" because you have not yet accepted the quest "There's the Shrub".

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:There%27s_the_Shrub

community@wizard101.com