Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance in Need of More Advice

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
So Sir Malory was, if I dare say, easy, compared to the boss spam in High Road/Caer Lyon. But having breezed through the Weirwood, broken through Outer Yard, purified Lakeshore, completed Deepwater, and dealt with the Catacombs rather easily: Ghost Avalon looks extremely intimidating. Firstly, a fight with mobs, for which I have to Chimera twice (Which I'll likely die during), then the Unsung Knight to deal with (those Ice bosses and their Tower Shields infuriate me), followed up by Young Morganthe (Holy oh my what the how?), and a revamped Sir Malory (Storm bosses, as mentioned before, are certainly a struggle).

So, any advice for a trying to solo? I could use the Team Up function, but I don't trust that anyone else will be doing it, certainly not anyone else helpful. Gear choices, deck choices, just generally how to survive. Any and all advice is (probably) helpful!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Balance's biggest challenge in my opinion are those puny blades! If you can hatch an enchanted armament the sharpen blades are pretty helpful.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I'm currently using a first gen epic Enchanted Armament, and I also have WW robe/boots, WT-crafted hat/robe, lvl 60+ Athena wand, level 56+ athame/ring, and a deck with +6% accuracy.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
So Sir Malory was, if I dare say, easy, compared to the boss spam in High Road/Caer Lyon. But having breezed through the Weirwood, broken through Outer Yard, purified Lakeshore, completed Deepwater, and dealt with the Catacombs rather easily: Ghost Avalon looks extremely intimidating. Firstly, a fight with mobs, for which I have to Chimera twice (Which I'll likely die during), then the Unsung Knight to deal with (those Ice bosses and their Tower Shields infuriate me), followed up by Young Morganthe (Holy oh my what the how?), and a revamped Sir Malory (Storm bosses, as mentioned before, are certainly a struggle).

So, any advice for a trying to solo? I could use the Team Up function, but I don't trust that anyone else will be doing it, certainly not anyone else helpful. Gear choices, deck choices, just generally how to survive. Any and all advice is (probably) helpful!
I soloed this with using crafted WT and Aquila gear, so it should be very possible for you.

For the Disloyal Knights, use a mix of Empower auras, Tower Shields, Availing Hands, and Spectral Blasts with enchants to boost damage / healing, plus a pair of Elemental Blades, a Sharpen Blade, and a few Reshuffles. Place a couple Sanctuaries on your sideboard. Start with the aura, then shield up to soak the enemy attacks. You'll be at full pips very fast. If you have more than 2k health, bring up a Sanctuary, then pace your heals to keep your health up. Renew your aura every 5th round. If your pips are low, cast a shield. If your pips are high and you are below 2k health, heal. Otherwise, Spectral Blast a knight. After the first knight is gone, the pressure will lessen noticeably. After the second knight is gone, it will be a walk in the park.

Unsung Knights (or any enemy with Tower Shields) get tackled with Infallible / Extraordinary (Pierce +30% total). I'd recommend stacking Feint, Item Feint (Jewel of the Feint), Feint TC, Hex, Balance Blade, Balance Blade (Sharpened) and hammering with a max pip Judgment. Keep Tower Shields of your own up, and heal with Availing Hands as you go.

The same setup as the Disloyal Knights will get you past Morganthe.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Ghost Avalon is just a pain to solo over all (teen Morganthe) so don't be worried that it is complicated for you. You can try to solo it, it isn't as hard to solo as other dungeons but it might be best just to take a team into their. A strategy you can try on balance mobs is figure out how much damage chimera or hydra can do with a certain amounts of blades and put those blades in your deck and just use that. Kind of hard to explain but to find the cards you need, just put the exact number of times you are going to use the spell and don't put in anything extra except a heal just in case.