Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance in Need of Advice

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I'm a level 81 wizard about to hunt down the Nameless Knight in the Wyrd. After my fights with the Jabberwock (for which I needed multiple TCs, a few Grub Guardian-won elixirs, and a level 20 henchman) and Ginther (taking me down to 333 health and her fizzle was the only thing that saved me): I've been wondering how I could possibly be coming so close to death in essentially every boss fight.

Do you guys have any advice on how to improve my strategy to keep alive for longer? I've learnt up to Tower Shield, Feint, and completed Nordrilund for Availing Hands and my pets. My current pet is an epic Enchanted Armament (10% defence, ~100 health, ~60 mana, MC Sword and Shield with a Great Learner Opal to get the third Sharpen Blade).

I've got Waterworks robe and boots, Wintertusk crafted hat, level 60 MC Athena wand, a well-bejewelled level 50-something athame & ring, House of Scales blade+damage amulet, and a deck with an accuracy citrine.

My deck itself is constantly being re-edited, but usually keeps a few blades (2 IC, 2 Sharpen, 3/4 normal for enchant/stacking), a Ra, a Judgement-Hex-Feint for bosses, a Power Nova/Sandstorm for normal fights, a Reshuffle, and maybe a Fortify, Amplify, or Tower Shield.

Any advice?

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 20, 2016 wrote:
I'm a level 81 wizard about to hunt down the Nameless Knight in the Wyrd. After my fights with the Jabberwock (for which I needed multiple TCs, a few Grub Guardian-won elixirs, and a level 20 henchman) and Ginther (taking me down to 333 health and her fizzle was the only thing that saved me): I've been wondering how I could possibly be coming so close to death in essentially every boss fight.

Do you guys have any advice on how to improve my strategy to keep alive for longer? I've learnt up to Tower Shield, Feint, and completed Nordrilund for Availing Hands and my pets. My current pet is an epic Enchanted Armament (10% defence, ~100 health, ~60 mana, MC Sword and Shield with a Great Learner Opal to get the third Sharpen Blade).

I've got Waterworks robe and boots, Wintertusk crafted hat, level 60 MC Athena wand, a well-bejewelled level 50-something athame & ring, House of Scales blade+damage amulet, and a deck with an accuracy citrine.

My deck itself is constantly being re-edited, but usually keeps a few blades (2 IC, 2 Sharpen, 3/4 normal for enchant/stacking), a Ra, a Judgement-Hex-Feint for bosses, a Power Nova/Sandstorm for normal fights, a Reshuffle, and maybe a Fortify, Amplify, or Tower Shield.

Any advice?
I'm a max balance who soloed most of Avalon, including Jabberwock.

My first advice for you in the Nameless Knight fight is to use either Volcanic Shield (which is in your spellbook) or Storm Shield TCs. Nameless Knight is a Storm boss, and so will kick out enormous amounts of damage.

My second piece of advice is to pick up a Jewel of the Feint amulet. Stack that with your Feint and Hex spells, then add a Feint TC on top of it. Any time Nameless blows down your shield, immediately replace it. If he goes first, just keep up a pair of shields.

Once he's loaded with traps, hit with a max pip, enchanted Judgment to finish him off.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hi Blaze!

So yeah, like he said, I'd just use multiple version of feint. I back in the day used the actual Death Feint and then the Feint provided by my pet and then a third on either via a different item card or TC etc. Yep generally tower shields too, but you can do Volcanic or whatever if it's hard boss. You can also Team Up when that's available. there is no shame.

Also how far are you in test? Have you found a Mirage School/Academy yet? I haven't, but I'm not terribly far...

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Okay, I can tell you right now that is quite possibly the most difficult school to solo with. The school is so, ah, "technical" but with a little application, you can figure it out.

• First of all, you don't need Reshuffle, this isn't PvP, so take that out.
  • If you've the Pixie in your deck, take that out too. Only heal with the hands you've available to you. (Get it? )
  • Try to predict your enemy's move and heal/shield accordingly.
  • Pack a couple more sharpen and sharpen your blades and stack them accordingly.
  • Use Ra with a couple blades (don't forsake Amplify) to take the minion out and a sandstorm (all these should be enchanted by the way) if needed.
  • Don't know about others, but many people forsake their school minions, but you can use yours (level 75 one, not the weaker one) it's pretty useful.
  • Use your feints while shielding at the same time.
  • Put a few weakness' on.
  • Try to go first.
  • Judgement works too, but use a max pip one; use helping hands to get rid of bad pips.
  • If you don't like the judgement route, you can stack Spiritual Blades/Traps and use Chimera, that works too, (it's what I used haha).

Good Luck!