Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Avalon Myth School Inequality

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2009
Something has come to my attention in these new Avalon spells. I have been with this game since it first came out way back then, being a full experienced Myth wizard. These new Avalon Myth spells aren't as good as the other school's spells. Such as the Fire wizard's new trap or the Balance wizard's Mana burn. Dimension Shift and Shift are just not well made spells. Shift takes 4 pips to use which equals 2-4 rounds depending on power pip chance. It only takes 1 over time spell off of you and puts it on the enemy. A well thought out spell, but it won't help that much in a one on one. Also Dimension shift, it takes 6 pips to cast which equals 3-6 rounds dependingon power pip chance. Its effect is.Trade all Hanging Effects (Positive and Negative Charms, Positive and Negative Wards, Damage over Time Spells, Healing Over Time Spells) with minion. This spell takes way too many pips to cast and needs way too much strategy and time to use correctly. Also, as a myth wizard in Avalon, we never use minions any more. To use this spell correctly it would take 6 rounds if you get nothing but power pips. I think Dimension shift should be changed a lot. It would be more interesting if Dimension shift Traded all hanging effects with the enemy. Also if it used around 4 pips. Does anyone else agree with me on this?

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Um. I think that Life and Balance's spells were way too much. I mean, Guardian Spirit is great, but it can critical! Yay! Another 3 hours in PvP. I know it has been tweaked up, but anyways. If I mention anything else I will get new enemies...

Balance: Mana Burn is just frustrating. Even from second, this can be really frustrating. Supernova, even with the 60% accuracy, its OK.

Storm: Are you kidding? Even if a storm gets a 100 heal, it can turn to 200 or 400 with critical and/or primordial. And now Azteca MoBs and bosses can use it!

I think that Death spells were reasonanle. Bad Juju can be wanded off, and infection can be may casted away too.

Ice got some reasonable spells too. As they also benifit from crafted gear way more than other schools.

I think that Fire and Myth have been left out. Fire got 2 useless spells. You need to Backdraft each single enemy in order to get it be good. Storm is a blade, so it affects all enemies in one shot.

And I think that the only thing that fire has better than storm is health and resist. Nothing else.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Think about shift this way: You are in ToTH, and you have fizzled. The cheat cast "Skeletal Dragon" is on you, and you shift it onto Taurus. Epic!

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I am glad you are looking out for these things. I myself, a balance wiz, always see injustice at the balance spells labeled "New spell ideas". I think mana burn and supernova were great though. I honestly consider the myth spells alright. Dimension shift, I can agree with. It is a very powerful, great spell but requires strategy and pips. But, Shift is the best spell out there. I would pay top dollar for a tc of it! In pvp when someone seems to cast a powerful damage over time, with blades, and instead of using triage or something to get rid of it, just use shift. It can kill the other person. The amount of pips don't really matter because of how powerful it is here, in this situation. Could work in boss fight too.

~Reply~ Fire does not get two useless spells, detonate is actually a good spell. Read above myth.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2011
Wizgamer105 on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
I am glad you are looking out for these things. I myself, a balance wiz, always see injustice at the balance spells labeled "New spell ideas". I think mana burn and supernova were great though. I honestly consider the myth spells alright. Dimension shift, I can agree with. It is a very powerful, great spell but requires strategy and pips. But, Shift is the best spell out there. I would pay top dollar for a tc of it! In pvp when someone seems to cast a powerful damage over time, with blades, and instead of using triage or something to get rid of it, just use shift. It can kill the other person. The amount of pips don't really matter because of how powerful it is here, in this situation. Could work in boss fight too.

~Reply~ Fire does not get two useless spells, detonate is actually a good spell. Read above myth.
Detonate is only good in PVP; I see no use for it in PVE other than bosses that cheat with shields.
Patrick Star level 78

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
I don't think there is a problem with shift. I'm hoping in future world spells will come out with damage over five rounds too so it would be more useful.

I couldn't agree more with Dimensional Shift. I don't mind the six pip cost but, I can't keep a minion alive long enough to use it effectively. I know myth has all of the awesome buff minion spells, but lets say you cast Talos for 5 pips it takes a minimum of 3 rounds to gather back 6 pips. I can buff for three rounds, shield, blade, and maybe another blade. If Talos hasn't used the blades and hasn't died I can now shift the shield and two blades to myself, but at this point it is such a waste. Our minions have zip resist and with high level mobs using massive amounts of attack all spells they are dead in a round, maybe two. So for 11 pips I got myself, one shield and one blade (hopefully) and Talos has probably cast a frog (yay 300 damage) and a stun, and maybe if I was fighting a fire or ice I get to shift my remaining damage and kill the minion, which with my resist would just tickle me.

I hear a lot of people say well the spell isn't for PVE but for PVP. So same scenario, I buff the minion, and guess what, my opponent takes advantage of the fact I'm not shielding myself and I die. So scenario two I wait til I have a ton of shields and cast my minion, and my opponent takes out the minion before I can put a buff on it. Lets face it for promethean PVP a colossal 2 pip spell takes out most minions with damage boosts and blades. Scenario three I actually manage to shift everything (highly unlikely and just for grins lets say the opponent attacked me with a damage over time and broke some of my shields). 11 pips for a shield and blade and now I get to start all over again, and guess what the opponent just cast any of the following spells, earthquake, enfeeble, or shatter making the whole exercise pointless.

I love the idea of switching with an opponent.

Calamity PixieShade, level 90

Has anyone successfully used this?