When the Magical Lure flashes, that means a fish has noticed it and is coming closer to take a bite. As it bites, the orb will rise and fall a bit. The trick is to wait until the lure completely sinks below the water and when it does you're going to want to act fast by either clicking on the spell icon again, or pressing the Space bar once
to catch that fish!
If you succeed and catch the fish, you'll see the name and size. Small Fry fish are the tiniest ones, while Whoppers are the biggest. You might also get really
lucky and land yourself an Epic fish!
Fish are stored in your Fish Basket. The Angler's Tome displays a record of all the fish you've ever caught.
Some quick notes about Fishing
- Catching fish consumes a small amount of energy. Energy will also be consumed if the fish gets away.
- Don't get discouraged if you don't catch the first few fish you lure. You'll get better with practice. It's all in the timing. Just watch for the orb to fully submerge before you reel them in.
- Fish have schools, in more than one sense of the word. You have a better chance at catching a Fire School fish with the Fire School Fish lure spells.
- If the fish gets away, it will give you a hint as to its school with the color of the splash: Black for Death, Crimson for Balance, Yellow for Myth, Red for Fire, Blue for Ice, Green for Life, or Purple for Storm.
- The fish you see in the ponds are exclusive to you. Other people will see their own fish.
- You can scare away your fish by running too close to them.
- Other players and mounts won't get in the way of your fishing view.
- You currently cannot fish in underwater areas.
- There's more than just fish in the lakes and rivers of the Spiral...