Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tower of the Helephant

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2012
I realize the designers of this game feel the need to make the higher levels harder but can they help me explain this situation.

My nieces play the game, one under the main account character and one a lower level character. They took the higher level character into the Tower and spent 800 crowns on a myth and life henchman. Next thing you know my nieces who are 8 and 10 are crying. It seems the programmer of this "family friendly" game thought it would be funny to create monsters that cheat. What a wonderful lesson to teach children, follow the rules, don't disobey any chat rules, conduct rules and player rules but we can, at any time, make the monsters cheat, steal your crowns and kill you.

Thanks Wizard101 staff, what a wonderful way to treat children.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
If you "nieces" quested their way to the Helephant Tower, then cheating bosses certainly isn't anything new. If they took your character for a "test spin," was there any expectation they would overcome those enemies without the necessary experience from all the previous worlds?

KI provides a game that offers alternate strategies for those who are up for the challenge (Helephant Tower is optional).

If I had nieces in a similar situation, I would personally remind them that it is only a game (no reason to get upset). Also, the enemies (who are cheating) are bad and should not be emmulated. No where does KI encourage players to cheat, but rather encourage players to overcome those NPCs that do.

Not sure how the Crowns "stealing" is justified.....

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
deacon328 wrote:
I realize the designers of this game feel the need to make the higher levels harder but can they help me explain this situation.

My nieces play the game, one under the main account character and one a lower level character. They took the higher level character into the Tower and spent 800 crowns on a myth and life henchman. Next thing you know my nieces who are 8 and 10 are crying. It seems the programmer of this "family friendly" game thought it would be funny to create monsters that cheat. What a wonderful lesson to teach children, follow the rules, don't disobey any chat rules, conduct rules and player rules but we can, at any time, make the monsters cheat, steal your crowns and kill you.

Thanks Wizard101 staff, what a wonderful way to treat children.

I hate to tell you this, but the regular bosses in Wysteria Lane cheat too. As do the bosses in Celestia and beyond, which they've had to do to get into the Tower, so what is the big deal now?
It's not KI's fault that the girls haven't figured out how to play around these particular cheats. There's info an Central and on the Wizard Wiki that might help.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2012
:( i am lvl 80 spent a fortune on helephant always lose on last stag i am not happy with the way this dungun is set up i have brain tumors and this game haunts me in my sleep i really want to beat it but if not i will give up and cancel my membership couldn,t the creators have made it to where after 6 tries they stop cheating?

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
looking for someone who has beaten the helephant tower, we are 3 wizards needing help i am ice and the other 2 are death and balance, we all 3 can do life and we are lvl 62, looking for someone for this saturday we can do it as early as 1am after work, if anyone wants to help us on a day before it be as early as 3:30 am this is colorado time just let me know what works for you

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
ok, so i read all the messages about this tower, and i am level 82 wizard and pride myself on my strategies during battles, but how can i beat this tower when no one is willing to help other wizards?

i cannot even get past the first round when myth always puts a fizzle shield over my head and then because of fizzling, death hits me with his cheat, so before i even get 1 turn, i lose around 2500 of my life

how is that fair or even competitive when it is 4 against 1 or 2 players and the players never get first shot

doesnt even give players a chance to compete or strategize

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Similar to waterworks, internet research to understand the 'tricks' that the various bosses employ is necessary. I completed Helephant with three good team members (strangers, but good cooperative team play, reasonable strategy and capable independant thinking players). It went smooth and sweet and none of us died on first try. But we did waterworks together first so we already had our synergy. We did each level 'by the numbers' - no goofing around. It was really tough, but fantastic fun with that team.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Cheating bosses arent exactly new, but there IS a way to do the tower.
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189936
Here is a guide to the tower.
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326844 And a link for the last boss.
Hope this helps.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Survivor
Mar 09, 2012
stormspyer on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
ok, so i read all the messages about this tower, and i am level 82 wizard and pride myself on my strategies during battles, but how can i beat this tower when no one is willing to help other wizards?

i cannot even get past the first round when myth always puts a fizzle shield over my head and then because of fizzling, death hits me with his cheat, so before i even get 1 turn, i lose around 2500 of my life

how is that fair or even competitive when it is 4 against 1 or 2 players and the players never get first shot

doesnt even give players a chance to compete or strategize
I agree because evry time i ask for help they act like they help but they don't help you like they will step into the sigil but right before it hits 0 they exit and causes me to fight alone