Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question of Crown Value for Crab Alley

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2016
I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in and apologies if it is not.

Okay so I am a bit new to this game, but not to MMOs and related online gaming. So I decided to explore the game before committing to a membership. I actually am enjoying the game and the limited areas that are open to play without paying any money, but I do understand to truly enjoy the game you need to make an investment in the game. I even explored the various methods from membership, to game cards and even in game earning methods to gain crowns. I wanted to ensure I had a full understanding of the game prior to making any investment.

To finish understanding the what I would deem newbie areas I had no issue paying 750 crowns or $1.25 USD each (based on the cheapest investment of $5.00 for 2500 crowns in the online store) to access Firecat Alley or Cyclops Lane, but for Crab Alley I do have a bit of an issue with the cost for the return.

With the aforementioned locations of Firecat Alley and Cyclops Lane, the amount of adventure and storyline provided value for the investment. But with the Crab Alley location I found the single storyline shallow (no pun intended) and lacking value. I understand the developer's mindset that Crab Alley combined with the Deep Warrens and Wailing Caverns is consider multiply areas for the 750 Crowns, but still have reservations about the amount.

With the other areas that you pay the 750 for you get not only the storyline and side quests, you also have fishing possibility and harvesting items. But here we only have harvesting items. Yes we see a few silver chests here as well, but I had previously encountered those in Firecat Alley also.

Now on top of all the lack of fishing this area like Colossus Boulevard does introduce the multiply opponents battles, but even in Colossus Blvd. the value of the storylines and quests that support the area (even fishing) have more value for the 750 Crowns.

So basically I am hoping that the others will comment with their thoughts here. Additionally, I am hoping that the Admins would consider review the value and cost associated. Honestly based on the storyline itself, I would have to argue that this area currently does not have a value more than 500 crowns ($1 USD) with the current storyline that exists. Especially since the Selena Gomez special quest is not available to new players anymore.

Thank you for listening and allowing me to comment.

Andhanni