Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Inspiration for the game?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2018
I've been to multiple worlds in the Spiral, and I'm starting to notice a pattern. Grizzleheim is obviously based on Norse mythology/cosmology, as well as a few other aspects in Wizard101, more specifically, Bartelby in Wizard City. Since I've decided to start my post with this, I decided to put it in this world section specifically. Bartelby seems to be a living counterpart to the Yggdrasil, as hes a giant tree that holds apart the different worlds. But this isn't the only mythological inspiration in Wizard101:

- Aquila & Mount Olympus, which hosts many of the major Greek Gods for you to battle, as well as many mythological things.
- Cyclops Lane, which also has many greek mythology references.
- The Ra treasure card, obviously based on Ra.
- Many, many, many other things as well.

Something that's been tickling me for a while is Zeus Sky Father in Mount Olympus. We all know (of) the Storm Lord treasure card, which resembles what most of us imagine to be Zeus. Yet, we clearly see Zeus as an eagle-heading Olympian god. So, are they the same person, or are they different? Also, I'd like to know the standing (if any) between the Triton, who supposedly founded Storm Magic, and the Storm Lord, who is the supposed the lord of storm.

Also, Ra and Apollo existing in the same game confuses me too. I feel like gods existing means there has to be some sort of supernatural hierarchy. I wonder if anybody could shed light on this or say their thoughts?

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
FlamingbroP on Aug 8, 2018 wrote:
I've been to multiple worlds in the Spiral, and I'm starting to notice a pattern. Grizzleheim is obviously based on Norse mythology/cosmology, as well as a few other aspects in Wizard101, more specifically, Bartelby in Wizard City. Since I've decided to start my post with this, I decided to put it in this world section specifically. Bartelby seems to be a living counterpart to the Yggdrasil, as hes a giant tree that holds apart the different worlds. But this isn't the only mythological inspiration in Wizard101:

- Aquila & Mount Olympus, which hosts many of the major Greek Gods for you to battle, as well as many mythological things.
- Cyclops Lane, which also has many greek mythology references.
- The Ra treasure card, obviously based on Ra.
- Many, many, many other things as well.

Something that's been tickling me for a while is Zeus Sky Father in Mount Olympus. We all know (of) the Storm Lord treasure card, which resembles what most of us imagine to be Zeus. Yet, we clearly see Zeus as an eagle-heading Olympian god. So, are they the same person, or are they different? Also, I'd like to know the standing (if any) between the Triton, who supposedly founded Storm Magic, and the Storm Lord, who is the supposed the lord of storm.

Also, Ra and Apollo existing in the same game confuses me too. I feel like gods existing means there has to be some sort of supernatural hierarchy. I wonder if anybody could shed light on this or say their thoughts?
The storm lord and Zeus Skyfather are two similar but separate entities in the world of the spiral.

For the confusion between the storm lord and the storm triton it seems that may be a retcon in the story that wasn't stated to be a retcon. It is likely that the storm lord is meant to be the actual titan of storm.

There likely is some form of hierarchy to the different gods and spirits in the game. entities such as spider, bartelby, and raven are at the top. The three titans are likely below them in power and the Aquilan gods are likely a bit below them. Even then the rules and relationships between these pantheons in the spiral aren't exactly like the ones seen in real life mythology. So there would be major differences in the status of the "gods" you see in the spiral.