Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how is tartarus possible?!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
I just tried tartarus with two ices. we got as far a cerberus, bt his cheats completely killed us. 2 heads with three 40% towers at all times, and he seems to have each head cheatcast a nat. attk everytime you do damage. then cheatcast again. even if we had won, we probably would not have even tried hades, assuming he would be even tougher. any info on cheats, advice, or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Talon WillowCloud, lv 90

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
beastmaster202 on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
I just tried tartarus with two ices. we got as far a cerberus, bt his cheats completely killed us. 2 heads with three 40% towers at all times, and he seems to have each head cheatcast a nat. attk everytime you do damage. then cheatcast again. even if we had won, we probably would not have even tried hades, assuming he would be even tougher. any info on cheats, advice, or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Talon WillowCloud, lv 90
The two heads flanking the Fire Cerebrus (Myth and Balance) cast 3 40% shields that last three rounds and on the fourth they take them away and then recast for another 3 rounds. Hopefully, by the third time they do this you have the fire one gone, because on the 12th turn they take them away and they are vulnerable.

Hope this helps,
Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
The two heads flanking the Fire Cerebrus (Myth and Balance) cast 3 40% shields that last three rounds and on the fourth they take them away and then recast for another 3 rounds. Hopefully, by the third time they do this you have the fire one gone, because on the 12th turn they take them away and they are vulnerable.

Hope this helps,
Timothy Pearlflower, L90
thank you! you're a life-saver! now next time i get a group to try that does not want to farm cronus (this has happened to me approximately 3,762,901 times, but i never seem to get any good drops other than the blade of the felled titan, which granted is his best drop, but i want the life hades staff, amber, turquoise and agave nectar still, and an exalted amulet), i will know how to get to hades and co. thanks again!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Definitely try to focus attack the fire head first. This will cut down on the cheat towers.

Then have to focus fire the myth head, have someone shatter the same turn that someone else down the line is going to hit.

All the Tartarus battles have aa gimmick, one that you can build a strategy around, and win.

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Use single attacks to kill the fire head, then you can use multi attacks without getting hit 6 times, or wait till you can kill with one hit.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
Earthquake is your friend when it comes to Cerberus because they do not replace the shields immediately afterwards. You need to time it right though because eventually they will replace the shields. Also, having a good healer with you is very helpful so you guys can focus on the attacks. For me, I've never had any problem with Cerberus because I've went first and earthquaked the same round the others attack. Best for everybody to attack in the same round. I never had to strategize through the shields and when they're being replaced. Just remember, no traps!

Community Leader
You can find a guide on Tartarus here. It'll tell you what to expect at all the bosses. If you'd like a hand with it, feel free to click on the link in my signature, it'll take you to the Mercenaries101 forum over at Central. We'd be glad to help you get through it! :)

For gameplay tips, check the official Mercenaries101 fansite! To request free, experienced help with bosses & dungeons, click here for our forum.
Defender
Apr 07, 2011
beastmaster202 on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Talon WillowCloud, lv 90
The wizard at the first spot has to carry an earthquake TC and heal the others, while they are building up a good damage booster. When all the blades are up cast earthquake TC, that will remove shields. There you go, the way is clear for a multi target finisher.

The goal in that fight is to kill with the least possible hits.

If you can't do the fight this way, just kill the fire head first, and soonly the remaining heads will remove all of their tower shields. All you have to do is to heal and blade yourself till you can come out with a well built damage.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I tried this dungeon too, but came across a cheat where the three heads heal themselves like crazy. They put those do over time healing things that healed them 945 points each. It was a killer. How do you stop them from doing the healing cheat? Thank you for help in advance. :)

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Katherine Light on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
You can find a guide on Tartarus here. It'll tell you what to expect at all the bosses. If you'd like a hand with it, feel free to click on the link in my signature, it'll take you to the Mercenaries101 forum over at Central. We'd be glad to help you get through it! :)
I have read this guide and and have had experience with Mercenaries101 and I have to say they were both AMAZING! I would highly suggest this guide and group to anyone!

Sincerely, Spectral Evidence
(Oh and Katherine I believe you know me as Jacob Moon Blood :P)

Oh and 1 more thing Kat (can I call you that?) send my thanks to Prince of Shadows!)

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Spectral Evidence on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
I have read this guide and and have had experience with Mercenaries101 and I have to say they were both AMAZING! I would highly suggest this guide and group to anyone!

(Oh and Katherine I believe you know me as Jacob Moon Blood :P)

Oh and 1 more thing Kat (can I call you that?) send my thanks to Prince of Shadows!)
GAH! I meant to say send my congratulations to Prince of Shadows not my thanks (don't even know where I came up with thanks :P)