Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fizzles?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
anybody havng problems with too many fizzles? ive fizzled 3x in a row using a high attack card with full pips
and an aded on target card and it always happens at a critical turning point in the fight?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
cds29851 on Jan 29, 2013 wrote:
anybody havng problems with too many fizzles? ive fizzled 3x in a row using a high attack card with full pips
and an aded on target card and it always happens at a critical turning point in the fight?
Fizzles happen. The only time they don't is from one of those rare 100% accuracy cards (usually attached to a pet).
I've noticed no difference and doubt there is any. Fizzles are fairly random.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
We seem to be in a higher then usual fizzle right now also. It does seems to come in bouts and then calms down a bit for us.

We are in Krocatopia with a Life wizard and he is fizzling more then should be, my Fire wizard, often gets 3 fizzles in a row, pretty sad to pack all that power and not be able to use it, lol.

My Balance wizard in Marleybone is having issues with at least one fizzle per fight - mainly when I go to cast Sandstorm. I think the more you quest in one session the more you find it to be a problem maybe? On an up side the Death and Storm I am questing with are fizzling just now and then.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
I've been playing for about a year and half and I have nocticed there are ALOT more fizzles lately and most of them are at critial times.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
They are terrible but purely random with your accuracy. To help you understand a bit, if you have a card thats 70% accuracy and you have no boosts then think of it as every time you play that card a 100 sided dice is rolled and if it rolls a 70 or less the card is played, If its 71 or higher it fizzles. So it will happen from time to time. Unfortunately some days seem that its much worse than others. No matter what though there is always a chance of fizzle even with 100% accuracy. The game is just coded that way.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
If you keep trying to use the same card it will not work. I've tried a lot of times so I can tell you that.
-hope I helped

Survivor
Mar 11, 2011
I too have had more fizzles than there should be using different spells. The ratios for the precentages sometimes seems to be backwards. 85% seems to fizzle 85% of the time instead of working 85% of the time.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Of course most of the spells we cast are the low-pip setup spells (blades, traps, shields) which have a very low chance of fizzle. Then the high-pip attack spells we tend to cast at the last possible moment (ie: critical turning point) have a high chance of fizzle.

So ya, fizzles mostly happen when you are trying to attack which is often at a critical moment.

Happy Wizarding!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
Chrissygirl12 on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
If you keep trying to use the same card it will not work. I've tried a lot of times so I can tell you that.
-hope I helped
Huh, that's not how it works for me. I often cast centaur, and if it fizzles I try it again and it works. Mybe it's because of Life's high accuracy.

--Vanessa OwlBreeze, Master of Nature