Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cyrus Drake Vs. Severous Snape?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Is it just me, or does Cyrus Drake remind anyone else of Severous Snape from Harry Potter? :p

Survivor
May 30, 2010
Hmm sort of. Cyrus is mean at the beginning. Severous was was mean. Cyrus still mean. Severous killed Dumbledore. Cyrus becomes nicer. Severous dies and reveals his good intentions and loyalty to Dumbledore. I would say the only thing they have in common is the mean at the beginning.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
He might have been based on that character. The two names sound somewhat familiar.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
icybones12 wrote:
Hmm sort of. Cyrus is mean at the beginning. Severous was was mean. Cyrus still mean. Severous killed Dumbledore. Cyrus becomes nicer. Severous dies and reveals his good intentions and loyalty to Dumbledore. I would say the only thing they have in common is the mean at the beginning.

lol thats a spoilers to those who havent watched the movie

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
pokemoncat1 wrote:

Then it's a good thing the forum isn't about Harry Potter films. ;-)

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
Dang, know that I think about it you guys are right! That's funny. You know, I've never really noticed that before, but I can see where you're going. :D

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
pokemoncat1 wrote:
icybones12 wrote:

lol

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Ehh, not really. It's also spelled Severus, not "Severous".
Also, the book is actually much better than the movie and explains things much more in-depth. <3

Sorry, but I'm a Harry Potter nerd. XD

.Alexis Crow - Level 42 Necromancer

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
colagada wrote:
He might have been based on that character. The two names sound somewhat familiar.

Haha!! Drake and Snape. :snicker:
They do sound the same.

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
Actually i think wizard101 might be based off of harry potter in a way think...
Profeser ambrose= dumbledoore
you=harry potter
cyrus drake= severus
malistare=voldemort
and so on.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2009
Haha, the voice is similar too, the sort of deep, monotonous voice..

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
Castorez wrote:
Is it just me, or does Cyrus Drake remind anyone else of Severous Snape from Harry Potter? :p

Why does everyone make such a big deal about Severous Snape and Cyrus!!!!
Who really cares! Its just a game and Severous Snape has nothing to do with it! Although I am a Big Big Harry Potter Fan

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
V0LD3M0RT21 wrote:
Ehh, not really. It's also spelled Severus, not "Severous".
Also, the book is actually much better than the movie and explains things much more in-depth. <3

Sorry, but I'm a Harry Potter nerd. XD

.Alexis Crow - Level 42 Necromancer

Wee I've got to say I really don't know how to spell Severus's name well i didn't know how in a different quote and you're right the books are better because they explain it so much more but the movies definitely couldn't fit all that information and I'm a big nerd about Harry Potter been watching for like ever

Waterworks Warrior Isaac DragonThorn Level 68

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
userchap wrote:
Actually i think wizard101 might be based off of harry potter in a way think...
Profeser ambrose= dumbledoore
you=harry potter
cyrus drake= severus
malistare=voldemort
and so on.

I think your right thats really cool

Waterworks Warrior Isaac DragonThorn Level 68