Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WIZARD 101-Scythia: the 8th world

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
i love all of our ideas and this is the reason i made my thread new World Christon if you just said anything about it on there it would be great

Blaze Gem- level 44 master pryomancer

Blaze titan- level 5 novice Life wizard

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
cooladdy wrote:
i love all of our ideas and this is the reason i made my thread new World Christon if you just said anything about it on there it would be great

Blaze Gem- level 44 master pryomancer

Blaze titan- level 5 novice Life wizard

Oh i will take a look at it as soon as I can and leave a comment.

Thanks for posting

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
icewing43 wrote:
NicoUzumaki wrote:

Well thanks Fallon,

I may do some more writing in the next two weeks. I got an exam this monday so I have ot focus on that.

Yeah and the views are climbing

Hopefully If Fallon (and I) will keep posting on this by asking questions, misc. and other things it will always be bumped on the top.

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge
"We've all been noobs before ..."

That was my thought too icewing43. I have also noticed some postings are straying away from the main topic so I am hoping that if anyone else is viewing and posting they will make the post actually apply to Nico's story and not something else.

He has put so much time and effort into this story that I really do hope that KI takes a good hard look at it. I for one would love to see and be able to run my wizards in this world.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Theurgist w/Pyromancy secondary
Legendary Pyromacer w/Divination secondary

Fallon WinterGarden
Grand Master Balance lvl 53 w/Theurgy secondary

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Well sometimes people just read half way through and stop.

Guess I need to find out from maria where she is with editing.

Weird, i haven't heard from here since...........

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

I am sure you are right about some just reading part way and stopping. To me that says they don't have much in the way of visualization.

Maria may live in an area that has been hard hit by one or more of the storms that has been rocking this country over the past few weeks. Snow melt in the north is flooding some places and now tornadoes from Texas and Oklahoma all the way to the east coast. A lot of damage and she could live in any one of those places. I don't see her letting you down on this as long as she has control of her situation.

Later

Fallon

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
NicoUzumaki wrote:
Thank you Fallon, you have been very supportive from the onset and it is through your encouragement that I went on to do the story otherwise i woild have just forgotten about it.

Oran, I saw your thread but for some reason i did not see your original post. The first post is a question asking if anyone from KI reads these things to which Prof greyrose responded. If you had edited it recently that could be why i have not seen it because it is awaiting moderation.

Anyways, I think the spells I have so far are ok for rank 9 spells and ties in with the story of Scythia.

It's not hard to post a link. Just copy it from your browser and post it here. However, you can only post links from wizard101.com or central outside links are not allowed.

You are welcome Nico. You do have talent for creating and writing in great detail. I saw that from the beginning.

The story struck me like a good book. The detail you have intertwined into it makes you want to see and read more. It is unfortunate that the story is broken into so many sections in this forum. That may very well be why there are not more comments than there are. Most are not going to search for it unless they are intrigued by the sections they do find. It would be nice if KI could and would make sure that all segments of this kind of Idea could be set in one section separate from the comments. In other words, keep the whole story together.

As always I will support your story.

Fallon

I've read a lot of good things, but this is the best I have seen. I hope this doesn't get lost in the sea of threads. When I first saw the post, I WAS intrigued! To bad i'm not the creators at KI, your story would be up in a second!

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:

I read it all, and didn't want to stop, i've been checking everyday for something new, everytime you come out with something new, i'll be shouting, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

Have you gotten any contact from Kingsisle? Have they posted ANYTHING on your thread yet?

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Alright well, I'm going to put these ideas into use if KingsIsle doesn't. By your permission, could I use a glimpse of this in my Short Story? It's for the Creative Writing Submission, and I was going to put just a little of it in one of my main character's dream. If you need to know, the Short Story is called, "Aaron Starcaster" and it is about a boy who was born as an Astral Wizard (otherwise a wizard that has the ability to use Star Magic as their Primary), just like Merle Ambrose (Or at least my perspective of his school is). He goes through a series of events to fulfill his destiny foretold by the Wizards of the Time (A cult engendered by the Splitting of the Spiral. They have the power to shift space waves, making it so that they can travel through time itself). It won't be much, probably something as little as a word. Just asking for permission ...

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
@ Fallon, Oh wow! I had no idea there were storms. Our stormy season doesn’t start until June 22nd. But we have a tropical marine climate so we pretty much have a lot of sun all year round. I will send her a PM over on central and see if she responds, unfortunately she does not have an email address (guess her parents do not allow it).

Well we don’t get tornadoes and snow so I have no idea what you guys must be going through. I hope that you weather the elements and come out unscratched. I pray for the safety of all.

@ Shimmer123127, I did my exam today so I should be adding new content later on this week or next week. Weird thing is, I don’t even think about what I should write lol. Which is bad? You know I love Robert Ludlum’s stories and he had a flare for theatrics in his books. There is always something going on at all times and what he does is write a “skeleton” of each chapter and then he perfects it. Well, at least that’s what he suggested in “The Chancellor Manuscript”.

I’m not really a story writer but I try to put my best foot forward in everything I do. I’m sure a degree in English Literature would have been helpful but I don’t have that lol. I’m just glad that those who read this idea; likes it.

@ icewing43, at first I started out wanting this to be the next world in wizard101 but soon realize that it might not be a S.M.A.R.T. goal, so I’ve abandoned that goal and now I’m just writing for my readers. To answer your question, I have not received any word from faculty but I’m sure they have read it. If it’s a great idea, I’m sure it will blossom somewhere even if not in wizard101. I might just push myself and make something of this.

As for putting some of these ideas into your short story: I would have to see just how you incorporated it into your story before I give my ascent. This is still a work-in-progress and it may be ill-advised at this point to give permission for it to be replicated elsewhere but I’ll take it under advisement. I’ll seek counsel from my peers. Anyone is welcome to say what they think of your suggestion.

I just want to thank everyone for keeping this thread alive and for continuing to support me. Your positive reinforcements are all the motivation I need to finish this.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
icewing43 wrote:
Alright well, I'm going to put these ideas into use if KingsIsle doesn't. By your permission, could I use a glimpse of this in my Short Story? It's for the Creative Writing Submission, and I was going to put just a little of it in one of my main character's dream. If you need to know, the Short Story is called, "Aaron Starcaster" and it is about a boy who was born as an Astral Wizard (otherwise a wizard that has the ability to use Star Magic as their Primary), just like Merle Ambrose (Or at least my perspective of his school is). He goes through a series of events to fulfill his destiny foretold by the Wizards of the Time (A cult engendered by the Splitting of the Spiral. They have the power to shift space waves, making it so that they can travel through time itself). It won't be much, probably something as little as a word. Just asking for permission ...

I am sorry icewing43, but you should come up with your own ideas and leave Nico's alone. This is his story. So PLEASE leave it alone.

Using someone else's idea or even a part of it is called plagiarisim or plagiarizing. If you don't know what it means, then look it up.

I am not trying to be mean, but he has put so much work into this story, that the only other place I want to see it is in game play unless he chooses to do something more with it. If he ends up trying to make it into a book, I will be one of the first looking for it when it is published.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
That's not the point. The Point is that IF KingsIsle doesn't want your idea, you can turn it into a book. For every quest it would be as if it was like one chapter, of course I couldn't write it, but you certainly could. That's what I was trying to get across, you NEED to make a book out of it if KingsIsle doesn't want your idea, it's too good to be held back.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

well thanks guys, I'll think about it.

In the mean time, i'll focus on finishing it, if i haven't run out of ideas lol

its a nice feel, i wish i had an artist to do some drawings for me.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

well thanks guys, I'll think about it.

In the mean time, i'll focus on finishing it, if i haven't run out of ideas lol

its a nice feel, i wish i had an artist to do some drawings for me.

Lol I wish I could help you out. I'm not a
artist, neither am I a fan of art.

- Oran Titanrider

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
You know Nico. I think this has been one of the longest running posts regarding a new world that I have seen here. Seems like a lot of them get buried after a little while.

Granted not many are replying but we can still keep it on top.

Good luck

Fallon

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

Oh boy, I had planned to write a least a few paragraphs this week but it has been so busy at work, I have a migraine. i can't think straight right now lol so maybe next week.

I think maria edited like 4 paragraphs so far but am not gonna post them on here, it gonna take up too much time with the back and forth moderating. I'll wait until its all finished then i update it on here.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

Oh boy, I had planned to write a least a few paragraphs this week but it has been so busy at work, I have a migraine. i can't think straight right now lol so maybe next week.

I think maria edited like 4 paragraphs so far but am not gonna post them on here, it gonna take up too much time with the back and forth moderating. I'll wait until its all finished then i update it on here.

Sorry to hear about the headache. Migraines can really take you down fast.
Just get some rest.

Waiting until the story is all edited to update here sounds like a good idea. I would be easier to keep it closer together that way.

Fallon

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

Alright, take your time, there isn't too big of a rush. I'll keep posting to keep your thread to the top.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

well we have to keep it floating. Anyways hopefully next week i wont be so busy and stressed so i can finish the story.

Then I'll get to editing. Maria is doing it very slowly and now she formed a clan so not sure if I gonna keep her.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

well we have to keep it floating. Anyways hopefully next week i wont be so busy and stressed so i can finish the story.

Then I'll get to editing. Maria is doing it very slowly and now she formed a clan so not sure if I gonna keep her.

Really sorry to hear the editing is going so slow. As long as it has been since the editing had been started, I would have thought more of it would have been done.

Will help keep this going.

Fallon

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

yeah i think Maria has too much going on. She just edited like two paragraphs and its been so long. i intend to PM here today and set a schedule.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

OMG Scythia made story of the week on Wizard101 Central Press!!!!!!!!!!

Link: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154209&page=2

I spoke to Maria, turns out she does have a lot going on but she'll continue editing. There is a new piece that was edited be sure to read it over on central.

Will add new content this week.....????

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010
i love the idea :D it seems amazing i would love to go into that world
seems really awesome to me i think KI i should put it in wizard101
really fantastic idea

Logan Silversword Lv60 pyromancer

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

here is a little addition to the story:

Finally you came upon a large room. It was sparsely furnished with a single table and chair. In the corner of the room, standing by a window, you saw a distinguished gentleman. He was adorned in a magician’s hat with a red feather at the side, a fancy looking coat with tails, gloves, tailored trousers and leather boots. He had a diamond studded cane in his hand.

His pleasant appearance belied this sinister aura emanating from him. You approached him cautiously. His back stiffened as he sensed your approach. Without turning around, he spoke, “You will do well not to anger me child. You are but an annoying pebble in my boots. I am Rahseth Nightwhisper, Leader of the Order of the Sentinels of Renegade Ironsteppers.”

Rahseth turned slowly to face you. As his face came into full view, you realized that he bore a slight resemblance to the Oracle. A faint smile teased the corner of his lips. It was so fleeting you thought you had imagined it. His features suddenly changed and you assumed a defensive stance.

"I am the true heir to the throne of Scythia and I have waited in the shadows for my time to come. If you stand in my way, I will cut you down without mercy! Now stand aside child.” He shouted in a screechy voice.

He gave you a stare as cold as ice. Fear clawed at your resolve like a silent assassin attacking from the shadows. Your palms began to sweat as you clutch your wand. A chill ran down your spine as Rahseth stepped towards you. “I sense a disturbance within you, child.” He said as be walked purposefully towards you. “Is it fear, perhaps? Very well, I shall put you out of your misery. You should have left when you had a chance. Arm yourself!”

Rahseth lounged at you, swinging his cane expertly towards your head. You reacted quickly and parried his attack with the scabbard of your Emerald-Studded Sword. The dance of battle began as you both danced expertly to the familiar tune.

Rahseth fought like the desperate man he was. His anger grew with every spell he threw at you. His eyes flared and his teeth gnash as you traded spell for spell. You could see that Rahseth was very experienced in battle but you had come too far to loose. You ended the battle dance with a crushing blow to his abdomen. It sent Rahseth crashing to the floor.

“I have played my part and succeeded in delaying you,” he said in a weak voice as he lay on the floor, his life draining away. “You were a formidable opponent, young wizard. It is fitting that I should meet my end at your hands,” he choked as he expelled his last breath.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

here is a little addition to the story:

Finally you came upon a large room. It was sparsely furnished with a single table and chair. In the corner of the room, standing by a window, you saw a distinguished gentleman. He was adorned in a magician’s hat with a red feather at the side, a fancy looking coat with tails, gloves, tailored trousers and leather boots. He had a diamond studded cane in his hand.

His pleasant appearance belied this sinister aura emanating from him. You approached him cautiously. His back stiffened as he sensed your approach. Without turning around, he spoke, “You will do well not to anger me child. You are but an annoying pebble in my boots. I am Rahseth Nightwhisper, Leader of the Order of the Sentinels of Renegade Ironsteppers.”

Rahseth turned slowly to face you. As his face came into full view, you realized that he bore a slight resemblance to the Oracle. A faint smile teased the corner of his lips. It was so fleeting you thought you had imagined it. His features suddenly changed and you assumed a defensive stance.

"I am the true heir to the throne of Scythia and I have waited in the shadows for my time to come. If you stand in my way, I will cut you down without mercy! Now stand aside child.” He shouted in a screechy voice.

He gave you a stare as cold as ice. Fear clawed at your resolve like a silent assassin attacking from the shadows. Your palms began to sweat as you clutch your wand. A chill ran down your spine as Rahseth stepped towards you. “I sense a disturbance within you, child.” He said as be walked purposefully towards you. “Is it fear, perhaps? Very well, I shall put you out of your misery. You should have left when you had a chance. Arm yourself!”

Rahseth lounged at you, swinging his cane expertly towards your head. You reacted quickly and parried his attack with the scabbard of your Emerald-Studded Sword. The dance of battle began as you both danced expertly to the familiar tune.

Rahseth fought like the desperate man he was. His anger grew with every spell he threw at you. His eyes flared and his teeth gnash as you traded spell for spell. You could see that Rahseth was very experienced in battle but you had come too far to loose. You ended the battle dance with a crushing blow to his abdomen. It sent Rahseth crashing to the floor.

“I have played my part and succeeded in delaying you,” he said in a weak voice as he lay on the floor, his life draining away. “You were a formidable opponent, young wizard. It is fitting that I should meet my end at your hands,” he choked as he expelled his last breath.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! There are not many words that I can say to express what I think Nico. I love it. Great writing.