Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the worst school?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
Son of a hamster, why does everyone think myth and ice are weak? They can both kick B-U-T-T!

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
IamLezul wrote:
Son of a hamster, why does everyone think myth and ice are weak? They can both kick B-U-T-T!
LOL son of a HAMSTER

Also i didnt think my ONE post would get so much attention :| :(

Survivor
Jan 14, 2009
23
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?


NO! :O Life is a great class. Which spell helped you in Unicorn Way? That's right! Pixie! Pixie is a Life spell which helps a lot!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Son of a hamster, why does everyone think myth and ice are weak? They can both kick B-U-T-T!
LOL son of a HAMSTER

Also i didnt think my ONE post would get so much attention :| :(


The movie Get Smart is super funny!

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
17
Penguin4ever wrote:
mpetersen68 wrote:
balance, myth, and ice dominate PvP/ life is the most popular second school/ fire rules through its multipule all spells combined with damage over turns/ deaths ability to attack and heal themselves is a great combo/ which leaves storm low health and high fizzle rate seems like a high price to pay for the ability to do the most damage per pip. so my vote goes for storm as the worse school.


O: GASP! HOW DARE THOUGH ACCUSE THE AWESOME SCHOOL OF BEING WORST!

*heavy panting*

Okay, I just want to say that storm is the most fun school I have played. My first wizard was Ice, I stuggled to level because of my weak attacks. Second was balance, I got bored because I kept on using the same attacks. Then came life, it was fun and all, but I found it annoying that I barely had any attack spells. Then came my STORM. It was so much fun! Sure, the fizzle rate is high, but we can get clothest that INCREASE OURACCURACY! That's what most people seem to think about storm.

Our accuracy is 70%!!
+Grand clothest accuracy boost, is that around 15-20%?
+Treasure cards
Almost 90% or so!

Storm hands down is the most fun school I've ever played through. With its high attacks I found it so much fun to overkill bosses. It was fun to solo through, but not easy! It's simply the beginning of storm, until about MB clothes level, that its fizzles finally let up. I suggest if you think storm is the worst school, make one yourself!


So, my conclusion for the worst school is: BALANCE
Although it may be good in the arena, it's not fun to have people complain about you. Sure, it seems strong, but it gets very boring. I'm not saying it's weak, but I just don't see how balance could be so good in anything else besides arena. No offense, but this is my conclusion.

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhave
Master of Ice and Storm




um excuse me but i am a balance and i kicked a storms butt before in the area . any ways do you have a balance student at all....... i don't think you have the right to make one school look bad to make the other one look good it is just not right at all........


Brianna winterheaven
balance
lvl 50


Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
30
there is no bad school. myth has minions out the roof and doe double hits to remove shield not to mention earthquake. death heals itself when it hits so it's pretty good (not to mention feint and curse). Life has high health but not as high as ice and it takes forever to kill a strong life wizard if they heal (try it in arena), they heal and hit with lots of boosts and have a good endurance. Balance is an all around school which isn't especially strong or weak at any one thing so it's a lethal combination. fire hits nice with a pretty good accuracy and has decent life. ice, let me put it this way, hit a grandmaser with triton and it will shrug it off. the only problem with ice is that once you are hurt it's hard to heal so take life as a secondary to do the best. Ice's life replaces the need for overwhelming attacks and serves it's own good. Storm has a not so good accuracy but it's still seven out of ten times hit and the power is uncomparable ( unless you take helephant and give it a gazillion treasure card boosts) storm has worst health but can eliminate it's enemies so quickly it doesn't need that much health. so all in all, there is no worst or best school. they all have they're ups and downs. just watch your secondaries and you'll be the best wizard in the game.

adept pyromancer,master balance, magus myth, adept death, initiate life.
those are my characters. my bro is master ice. all the schools are good schools!!

Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
68
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?




i totally agree



Life is horrible

Alex Starbreeze
Level Ice

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
aquateam2 wrote:
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?




i totally agree



Life is horrible

Alex Starbreeze
Level Ice


number 1. "Ice" is not a lvl.

number 2. Life is not horrible.

and number 3. "Ice" is not a LVL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
8
aquateam2 wrote:
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?




i totally agree



Life is horrible

Alex Starbreeze
Level Ice


Being a death wizard, I actually think life is a pretty decent school. True, most of it has a lot to do with healing, but it does have a few attack spells. Plus if you have a second school or life IS your second school, you should be O.K( btw, life isn't my second school. That would be crazy for a death wizard).

As for which school is the worst, I don't think there is a school that's the worst. There may be bad schools, but all schools have their pros and cons.

Bye,
Rachel Ravenrider/Adept Necromancer

P.S. Death PWNS!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
1
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?


Hey i am life i am really good with it. plus wothout life we would all die all the time. ya i know it does not have enough fighting spells but thats why you choose a secondary school :D





Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
3
peaches2matt wrote:
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion
i think it is life, to low of attack damage

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
1
I honestly think that the worst school ever is sooooo DEATH i am lvl 50 and i can destroy a myth wizard but i think that myth is weak becuase most of there spells are weak and very lame.... myth wizards spells are only cool looking but so what they are not strong at all... any ways i am a grandmaster fire aka pyromancer and i DOMINATE MYTH WIZARDS!!!!

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
ronanfireheart wrote:
I honestly think that the worst school ever is sooooo DEATH i am lvl 50 and i can destroy a myth wizard but i think that myth is weak becuase most of there spells are weak and very lame.... myth wizards spells are only cool looking but so what they are not strong at all... any ways i am a grandmaster fire aka pyromancer and i DOMINATE MYTH WIZARDS!!!!
Myth isnt lame.

I dont see why you choose death (even though i choose death too)

Soo you think myth spells are lame? Like a Burning Elephant is the most imaginary thing in the universe!

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
3
Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
3
Life is awesome!!! But yes it doesnt have much attacks but it has healing so you dont die so much! 8)

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
44
life is DEFENITELY the worst school, no offense to the fellow life students. i mean you guys just basicly HEAL....


oh and i dont like this topic it really makes people sad and mad. i mean what if you are an ice wizard ( like me ) and somebody said that ice is lame etc etc ETC.

then you would be like :( , , or :x


delete this topic, and i am already :( because somebody said that ice is soooo lame and it is not my problem i am ice! my friend told me to choose these schools when i first entered wizard101.

we, fellow ice, life, and myth students should not be teased because of our weakness.


thank you :(

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
44



level 50 wizards in
-storm
-life
-death
-balance
-fire


you didnt bother trying to do an ice cause they are lame? :?

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
44
fano23 wrote:
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?


NO! :O Life is a great class. Which spell helped you in Unicorn Way? That's right! Pixie! Pixie is a Life spell which helps a lot!



he was talking about DAMAGE, not HEALING


and it is true all you have for damage is leprechaun, nature's wrath, centaur and that's it. other schools have like, 7 damage spells!!!!

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
1
mpetersen68 wrote:
balance, myth, and ice dominate PvP/ life is the most popular second school/ fire rules through its multipule all spells combined with damage over turns/ deaths ability to attack and heal themselves is a great combo/ which leaves storm low health and high fizzle rate seems like a high price to pay for the ability to do the most damage per pip. so my vote goes for storm as the worse school.




i am a storm and i disagree i murder those top three of yours and even though storm has has highest fizzle does not mean it will fizzle every time i am Seth Stormtalon

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
118
Life school is meant for healers. Again you aren't meant to do damage, you are there to heal the other players, like the tank, who are getting hit

Worst at doing damage = yeah Ice and Life
Worst at tanking/soloing = Life

I soloed most of DS by myself on my life grand. I hit at least four thousand damage with centaur, and therefore never need to heal when i one-hit bosses. So basically, its not hard to solo with any school, if you know how to play the game. One tip: get feint if you're ice or life lol, it comes in handy.

Ellie Silverleaf
Grandmaster Life and Balance.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
118
SkormFire wrote:
peaches2matt wrote:
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion
i think it is life, to low of attack damage



dude, what is up with everyone saying life is bad?? you dont need a bunch of attacks, you dont even need to heal, all you need is CENTAUR, FEINT, BLADES, TRAPS, 8 TURNS, and BOOM!!! 4 THOUSAND DAMAGE!!. not to brag or anything, but i pwn all schools in 1v1 with my life grand xD

Ellie Silverleaf
Grandmaster Life and Balance.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
kamarynjelise wrote:
SkormFire wrote:
peaches2matt wrote:
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion
i think it is life, to low of attack damage



dude, what is up with everyone saying life is bad?? you dont need a bunch of attacks, you dont even need to heal, all you need is CENTAUR, FEINT, BLADES, TRAPS, 8 TURNS, and BOOM!!! 4 THOUSAND DAMAGE!!. not to brag or anything, but i pwn all schools in 1v1 with my life grand xD

Ellie Silverleaf
Grandmaster Life and Balance.


Agreed. Life kicks butt. People just don't use it correctly to find that out.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
84
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?
they are all best for one type of situation ice for gruling long battles life for when with other people so they can heal the others( the best toether if one is life i would say is life and storm) myth to solo things storm to help in a group to kill of tuff guys fire for 1v1 death to fight in long dungoens because their spells keep up their health and well balnce is a sort of jack of all trades master of none.hope it helps in the debate to show none come out on top. :D

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2900
While I'm relatively new to the game, I believe that every school is playable and has its strengths and weaknesses. I don't believe that there's one "best" or "worst" school.

The "best" or "worst" school depends on what you want to do with the game. Do you prefer to solo or do you play in groups? Do you want to PvP a lot, or do you stick to PvE? Are you okay with needing multiple tries for tough bosses, in return for quicker kills of lesser enemies, or do you prefer it the other way around?

For example, I prefer to solo, hate to lose any battles, and have no interest in PvP. I don't mind taking a bit longer to win the battle. I found that Life works best for me. Somebody with different needs and desires might prefer another school.

I believe that any school can get through the game with very little help from other players, if the wizard plays intelligently: e.g. good equipment, secondary-school spell selection, treasure cards when needed, advance battle planning, and in-battle strategy.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
18
Dcybele wrote:
As someone who's played many other mmorpgs I know that certain "schools" are meant to play specific roles in groups.

Ice school is meant for tanks. IE. You soak up the damage from the mobs while the others do the big damage and heal. My main character is Ice with Life as a second and while I don't do a lot of damage, I last a LONG time and therefore can solo a LOT of content.

Life school is meant for healers. Again you aren't meant to do damage, you are there to heal the other players, like the tank, who are getting hit.

Fire, Storm, Death, Myth, and Balance are all Damage dealers or DPS (damage per second) schools. Now I have heard Storm has the strongest spells in terms of doing damage, but as someone said earlier - they fizzle a lot. So choosing between these school is all dependent on how you want to play.

The game is made to try and "balance" each of the schools so that none are obviously "superior" in ALL respects to the others. So while the original question is "What's the worst school?" - I ask in return - "Worst for doing what?"

Worst at doing damage = yeah Ice and Life
Worst at tanking/soloing = Life


Well ice is really good cause you will last so long in battle to blade and trap so much to do GREAT damage i can even get my wyvern to do 690 damage!

in my opinion MYTH is worst school i mean it cool with the minions and stuff but they don't get a good deal of health i am not sure about there mana though 8)

Jack Iceshard

Ice and life

Lvl 30