Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the worst school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 24, 2010
12
Oh my gosh! I'm storm and storm isn't the worst school k? My opinion in best to worst, balance, storm, life, ice, death, fire, then myth. No offense my opinion. Even though storm has 70% chance of working shoes robes hats all of that stuff can increase the chance of it working to like 80%.

Explorer
May 24, 2009
63
ok first of all there is no worst school. i think this topic and the what's the best school topics are useless and just make people mad. second of all. MYTH ROCKS! It is average at everything and then you throw in its amazing minions they are awesome!!! My point is stop dissing schools that half the people are saying stinks they haven't even played as! My other point is all schools are equal.






P.S MY THIRD POINT IS MYTH ROCKS!

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
22
docdord wrote:
i dont think that storm is the worst school because of its high damage. No offense to anyone but i would say the worst schools are death and ice. Ice has very little attack but high life usually makes up for it and i am death and it takes a lot more strategy in battles than usual.

No offense to anyone remember, and its not really that schools are better than each other but more strategy is involved in a few schools.



But you gotta remember this is sort of a strategy game. And death is pretty powerful when you get in the higher levels.

Wolf DarkBlade,

Master pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
6
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack
spells how does it fight?









every school has its advantadges disadvantadges

Explorer
Jun 30, 2009
61
Stormycloud123456 wrote:
Hey! Storm is my school! I have storm shark and it's cool! Though it can fizzle, it is cool to me! :( It is not nice to tease a school.


Brian Thundercloud, Level 17


Brian.
People are not teasing schools. They are trying to find the worst one. Because you are a level 17, you have not yet fully manifested storms power. Also, if you do pvp when you are level 50, you will see that you have the lowest health. Nothing to be ashamed about, but storm fizzles alot. That is why people think its the worst school. Be cool yo, 8) 8)

Survivor
May 09, 2009
6
Helios713 wrote:
ok first of all there is no worst school. i think this topic and the what's the best school topics are useless and just make people mad. second of all. MYTH ROCKS! It is average at everything and then you throw in its amazing minions they are awesome!!! My point is stop dissing schools that half the people are saying stinks they haven't even played as! My other point is all schools are equal.

P.S MY THIRD POINT IS MYTH ROCKS!


Aye yai yai, thank you so much. My highest level wizard (45) is Myth and she does perfectly fine with being in the 1700-1800 health area. And the Minions all work in some way: minotaur for taunting so you can heal, Cyclops is just a bit dumber version of an actual player, little wooden dude is good for killing bosses when they are at like 100 health...it just depends on what situtation you are in with the minion.

Myth School is in balance between all the other schools. I mean, we have medium attacks and our life is medium. The school isn't stupid just because our attacks may seem too "low" for you. They work perfectly fine with or without blades and traps, thank you very much.

I do not think there is a worst school or best school. The point of this thread - wait there is no real point. Everyone keeps saying this school sucks and that school is an epic fail blah, blah, blah. They think their school is the perfect one...well it seems like it.

I know that Myth has its disadvantages and I accept that. My only two successful wizards is my Mth one, Savannah LionTail who is level 45, and Bailey RainCloud who is ICE and level 27. My unsuccessful ones are Balance, Storm, and Death (I deleted them, though).

In my opinion, Myth and Ice rock. I'm not saying other schools aren't but Myth and Ice are my favorite to play.

-Savannah LionTail
-Bailey RainCloud

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
32
Best is Storm sure they have weak accuracy and health but that can be fixed with some equipment adding there extremely high attacks i think they are the best school and most fun to play with i have a lot of fun with my storm wizard.

Runner up is Balance with there moderate health and high accuracy small buffs and small weakness along with there moderate attacks.

Third best is Fire because they use those attacks that do a little damage then wash it down with there second school card leaving opponent nearly defeated then the fire attacks come before he/she does his/her turn then Enemy is probably dead or defeated.

Fourth best is death because of its buffs and stealing health they got death blade +40 death trap +35 feint +70 spirit trap +25 spirit blade +30 curse +30
thats 230% extra in buffs and it all piled up so it even more so if dark sprite was supposed to attack 100 it would attack more than 330 so since death has weak attacks because it steals health i think its fourth best school.

Fifth best is ice because of there weak attacks and low accuracy but there huge health and good defense make them pretty hard to defeat.

Myth is sixth best because they have weak attacks good minions and high accuracy

Life is weakest because they hardly have any attacks but there attacks are weak

Oran moonsword
lvl 34
diviner

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
8
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Glitter10266 wrote:

Hello(:

So, you're wondering what the 'worst' school is?
I think that all schools are good, except for myth.
Sure some of the attacks look good, but do they really do good damage?
Next worst school is probably ice.

But that's just my opinion.

CourtneyPixieDust
Grandmaster Life Wizard.
No to sound rude but heres an idea to all who say myth is worst (including the person i am quoting) MAKE A MYTH AND YOU TELL ME ITS THE WORST.

(btw DEATH IS. Without boosts and their overpowered traps, Death is weaker than like anything)


I have a total of 6 characters, having all schools except for fire. I still maintain that Life is the easiest school to quest with. And the REAL downside to Storm is its incredibly low health. The fizzling disappears as you level up, and yet your health pretty much stays the same. My level 5 Ice has roughly the same health as my level 42 Storm. I love Death as well. You say death is the worst without its traps and blades. But is that not true about all schools?? I have a Level 37 Myth that i do not like. It's not any fun, the minions arent as good as they should be, and the attacks are only so so. So overall i would say that Myth is the worst school, because if you want to level a character up to Grandmaster, it has to be fun for you, and Myth is not. Storm is 2nd worst until you reach Grandmaster, then the issues are long gone.

Alexander, Grandmaster Life; Master Death; Master Storm; Master Balance; Magus Myth, Apprentice Ice.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
8
seasnake wrote:
I play storm and people are amazed that I solo at the higher levels and view their help as a hindrance. I am very constrained due to health being about two hundred points too low. A character really needs health in the 1800's and higher to be very playable, and to simply have 1800 health means that I am very constricted and have to go without the equipments I'd much rather prefer to use instead of ones that help out with health. When I play with others, I am the one that tends to clear out the opposition and can hit wave attack upwards of 7000 to one opponent while causing two to three thousand in damage to the others. My minion is horrible, my health is nerfed too low by 200 points, but one on one or in a 4v4 match, I really wouldn't want to go up against me.

As to life and storm wizards being opposites of each other and not being able to play well together, well that isn't that accurate. When I played life, my secondary school was storm, so in pvp I always wanted to play on the side of storm cause no one would be able to have storm shields up against us and I could keep the storm player alive. As a storm player, I rather prefer to play with a life player over any other player, or at least someone who has a life spell. I don't mind that life only attacks one opponent as a time if they take out an attack off of me one at a time. Life needs some sort of over head conversion blade that converts their secondary school attacks into life attacks, then life would be fine damage wise.

I do agree that myth's attacks should be a bit stronger as their minions are of no use when playing with a table of others, and in group pvp they can't really use their minions when all their aren't any open slots to cast them. Myth needs a bit of improvement attack wise to make it viable, and I am not quite sure the best way to fix it.

Storm and life can be fixed by the simple changes I mentioned, 200 more health points for storm (or even 100 more mana points instead of life points would work just as well due to equipment options) and an improved minion, and a spell conversion blade for life allowing life to use its attack percentage bonuses on its secondary school attacks.

Myth's earthquake spell could be increased in damage a bit, minotaur isn't bad damage wise.

Death's damage cards may be low, but death tends to have many blades/traps with incredibly high bonus's on those blades and traps, so I don't see upping their damage any. They could however be given a blade that increases the amount of health they steal upon attacks.

In pvp balance's attacks are too powerful given that player's healths are lower than boss's healths and there isn't any viable shielding against balance while balance attacks reduces the damage others do on their next attacks. There should be balance shields in the game, though instead of 70% protection they should offer somewhere around 10% less protection, that is to say only offer 60% protection, and be stackable with tower shields. Balance may have a bit less damage, but their blades are good, they can make it so others can't successfully cast anything turn after turn, they can reduce damage upon successful cast, and they do uneven pvp matches a bit (having one on your 4v4 side tends to give your side a good edge).

I've seen super strong ice attacks, and ice has lots of damage so they are fine as is. Fire is also fairly good as is, cause it is hard to ever have shields up against fire and fire's damage is really good over time, while their health is not at all bad.


Beautifully put, but everyone who says life cant attack, go do some research. Once you hit grand, you boost life attacks by 30%. Add that to the GM robe Centaur/Centaur Amulet and they(like storm) can hit over 1,000 with just one blade. And since they've made Dragonspyre a little easier, Life has no problem knocking out enemies in one punch. And I completely agree with you on the storm front. I would pay to have a life wizard by my side. The ONE issue storm has(level 35+) is their health. Ice and myth are the only schools I couldn't see myself making a character for. Only high level Thaumaturges are any threat, and myth just isn't strong enough. I decided to make a list of the solutions to the supposed "problems" with each school.

Storm: Fizzles disappear as you level up. And the minion is meant to distract your opponents(great against elementals)

Fire: (check storm) And if you're reffering to total damage, Fire Dragon actually does more damage then Storm Lord.

Life: Can hit just fine with the Amulet Centaur which hits 610-670.

Ice: Can hit no problem with a few blades and a global.

Death: Tons of traps/blades. And there is never a need to heal, for you spells do that for you.

Myth: Minions, Minions, Minions. And the ability to not worry about a shield must be a huge weight off their shoulders. And guys, Earthquake OBVIOUSLY is not meant to do great damage. It can be extremely useful in pvp/Mavra Flamewing.

Balance: Perfectly fine the way it is. Judgement is extremely versatile, and Hydra is a nice intermediate spell when you have neither tons or very few pips.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2009
66
What do you MEAN storm is the worst school???!!!!!!! Storm is my school and there is no best or worst school! All schools have the good AND bad things about them and none of them are any worse than each other! Oh and if any one I knew in real life told me that storm was the worst school I would make sure that they lerned how to spot someting that was going to give them a minor (but VERY painful) electric shock in disgiuse as an every day object BEFORE they set it off. (evil laugh)








Kimberly Thunderheart, adept diviner L. 20





Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
343
I'm not sure. Probole fire or ice. P.S If you are a fire or ice wizard and are reading this now I don't mean to hurt your feelings

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
343
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?
But life does have lots of healing spells

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
30
peaches2matt wrote:
I get your points. I was talking about% but all around i think the worst school is myth. no offense to anyone. How do you choose a 2nd school?
MYTH? i wish i chose myth. they have orthrus! ;)

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
235
As i said in some threads no school is better or worse then another. Each school has their advantages but remember each school has their disavantages so they are all balanced. :D

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
39
peaches2matt wrote:
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion



Guys, LISTEN. All schools are equal. Storm may hit good, but ice defends lots, and myth has minions, and balance is a bit of all, so all schools have a special uniqe for each school, hensforth all schools ARE equal

Explorer
May 22, 2009
52
MoniandDian4ever wrote:
Heyyy(:,

No storm is actually one of the strongest. Its attacks are more powerfull than other schools. To me i think Ice isnt pretty strong it just has a lot of health o. o



Tatiana ThunderBlade lvl 43 Balance-
No way! Life is SO better because they have powerful spells and have amazing healing spells!

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
340
Stormycloud123456 wrote:
Hey! Storm is my school! I have storm shark and it's cool! Though it can fizzle, it is cool to me! :( It is not nice to tease a school.


Brian Thundercloud, Level 17


Don't feel bad. No schools are any better or worse than others. People just have different playing styles.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2008
8
There is no worst or best school. It's not just about the accuracy and health, it depends on the technique in battle and how you use the spell. So my point is all schools are different in there own way!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
46
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is a good school!!!!111 And for one, every different
learn the pixe spell!!! And without that spell we"d all be dieing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the pet life wizards get is a Saytar at lvl 48
AND that pet gives you health!!!! And GREAT JUMPING
HORN TOADS, we life wizards heal ourselfs! But it does not really matter,
though.....

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
47
WHY thats all i can say. why must you people base what school is best worst just because of how hard it can hit. " storm is the best cause it has best attacks" " ice is worst its attacks are terrible" that is a terrible thing to base your accusations off of.
ice has best defense of the game
life has best heals without them the only good heal in the game would be pixie.
fire DoTs and fire dragon overall does more damage then lord can.
balance gives best blades and traps and has judge
death steals health from enemies and has best minion in the game
myth has 3 minions and it can destroy shields
storm uh well idk jk best attacks and accuracy does increase over time plus bolt

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
17
even though i'm myth i think death and balance is the best because balance offers a lot of boosts and because i like judgement :D and i like death because it can make a high attack without the help of balance or any other school, but i think the worse school is ... not myth because it can someone minions and it has spells like orthrus and minotaur that can take out the shield with the low attack and go on with the high attack. ... is ice no offense to you ice guys out there it my opinion 8)

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
575
From what I gathered in this thread, people seem to determine what may be the worst or best school simply by damage alone.

I have a storm wizard and I absolutely cant stand him. But I will level him up to grand and see how I feel about it. But it's low health and low accuracy make me cringe despite the high power of its attacks.

As far as its storm only spells such as disarm and that other one that can remove spells like infection or weakness. i highly doubt I would use them. They are like the answer to myth's pierce and cleanse ward spell, but to me don't seem as good. And when you have such low health and accuracy, one turn can make all the difference in tight matches.

My vote for worst school? Storm.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
347
eght em. The game is in BALANCE. You can also tell by PVP that they try and balance it well. Like WOW. The games PVP is horrible because nothing is balanced. Balance = all schools have there pros and cons. So there is your answer.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
18
I am sorry but all the schools balance out in their own advantages if you want to know the best combo... make and ice wizard and choose storm as your secondary school

- Jack Ice shard
lvl 40
thaumaturge

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
21


I have a total of 6 characters, having all schools except for fire. I still maintain that Life is the easiest school to quest with. And the REAL downside to Storm is its incredibly low health. The fizzling disappears as you level up, and yet your health pretty much stays the same. My level 5 Ice has roughly the same health as my level 42 Storm. I love Death as well. You say death is the worst without its traps and blades. But is that not true about all schools?? I have a Level 37 Myth that i do not like. It's not any fun, the minions arent as good as they should be, and the attacks are only so so. So overall i would say that Myth is the worst school, because if you want to level a character up to Grandmaster, it has to be fun for you, and Myth is not. Storm is 2nd worst until you reach Grandmaster, then the issues are long gone.

Alexander, Grandmaster Life; Master Death; Master Storm; Master Balance; Magus Myth, Apprentice Ice.

Hi! Kymma here. it seems like everybody is choosing their school as the best school.... (oh yea i almost forgot why i quoted... lol you should start a fire char! :-) they are pretty fun and dragon is fun to mess with people who dont know you have it.. just a comment 8) ) i am not gonna say any school is best or worst because that would be putting down other schools. All schools are good and bad. and people cant say schools arent good unless they tried them out. i have a grand fire ice life... ok all but storm. I chose to not do storm because i find fizzling VERY annoying. And i like to count on my spell working and then when it doesnt i get pretty agravated or however you spell it Thats just my reason why i dont have it. I am NOT saying it is worst school cause i havent even played it before.

P.S. um idk why i put ps i just like it oh! ill just say nice for getting all schools grand (but fire) :D