Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the worst school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2009
13
The worst school in my opinion is Ice. Even though the attack % is good, I just feel that ice has kind of weak attack power. No offence to anyone who is ice type.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
16
Mine is life for the common sense reason imagine, you facing a myth guy in pvp after a while you run out of attack cards and your looking like an a dummy in pvp. :?

Survivor
May 02, 2009
16
For people who think myth is weak it's not i did 11467 with orthrus. And plus if you lose friends or at least annoy them because you don't have help with a boss, be myth. Oh and btw STORM SECOND WORST SCHOOL

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
60
sparks123454 wrote:
ugh do i have to say this? evry single school has an advantage here ill name the aadvantages



Ice- high health normal attack
Fire-all-around spells and health
Storm-high attack but low health
Myth-has alot of minions and normal attack
Death-it steals health and pretty high attack
Life-focuses on healing and doing normal damage at a time
Balance-can use judgement to ko many people

there you go advantages now do i really have to say disadvantages? i will then

Ice-doesnt have alot of attack
Fire-lower accuracy
Storm-lowest accuracy and low health
Myth-just focuses on minions
Death-some low accuracy spells
Life-has to team up to heal
Balance-doesnt have many attacks

there the whole pace of disadvantages and advantages


I'm just saying that deaths spells are 85% and i don't think that those are low accuracy spells.

Maker of The Post
Matthew FireRider
Level 39
Magus Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
18
peaches2matt wrote:
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion


I think storm is the best how is it the worst?! And I don't wanna hear about fizzling cause my storm has a 90% chance of hitting. Excluding bolt of course. I think the worst is Fire. They don't really have any specialty. But I also think the schools are well evened out



Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
3
rozovoeushko wrote:



level 50 wizards in
-storm
-life
-death
-balance
-fire


you didnt bother trying to do an ice cause they are lame? :?

with one account you can only have so many schools

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
60
dcredindy wrote:
peaches2matt wrote:
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion


I think storm is the best how is it the worst?! And I don't wanna hear about fizzling cause my storm has a 90% chance of hitting. Excluding bolt of course. I think the worst is Fire. They don't really have any specialty. But I also think the schools are well evened out



Dude. FIre's my school. It's awesome!
It does have a speacialty and thats damage over time.
How about you make one for yourself!
Matthew FIreRider
Level 42
Master Pyromancer

Survivor
May 30, 2009
47
Sparks, why do you say myth is only focused on minions? I have a myth level 48 and he does not use his minions at all besides myth bosses and creatures,(and there aren't many.) so i can double prism them for minotaur or orthrus. Myth wizards don't have to use minions to be sucsefull.


Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
6
i say death i mean health is alright and attacks are alright and the teacher is evil and every other school has something good about it but not death the attacks are alright and the health is alright

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
25
i think the worst school EVER is i'm so sorry to all the conjours myth blows! i mean earthquake only does 310 yes i know it takes away everything but really all the other spells blow to

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
12
I keep hearing people say ice and life are some of the worse schools. So having the ability to heal yourself is considered a "weakness" because you don't do massive amounts of damage.

When I PvP it takes forever for someone to kill me. I am currently level 12 and went up against a level 25 and took him to 200 life before he killed me. Of course he only cast that "ice dragon" spell over and over and over. It's funny how people trust only one spell. I also enjoy how ice can stun, and I even like how it looks. :)

I went 16 games in a row in PvP before that level 25 who was death/ice killed me. For whatever reason NONE of my healing spells would come up, so if it wasn't for bad luck with cards, I would of easily beaten him. It was like 8 turns and not a single heal. :(

As for which school being the worse? Someone hit it on the head perfectly with;

There is no worse or best school. Pretty much it's all based on the skill of the wizard and how they play their roll.



Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
10
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?


Life does have some moderatly good attacks like the centaur but there main purpose is to keep the damage dealers alive long enough to do something.

- Jared Sunshard 42 life

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
10
Dcybele wrote:
As someone who's played many other mmorpgs I know that certain "schools" are meant to play specific roles in groups.

Ice school is meant for tanks. IE. You soak up the damage from the mobs while the others do the big damage and heal. My main character is Ice with Life as a second and while I don't do a lot of damage, I last a LONG time and therefore can solo a LOT of content.

Life school is meant for healers. Again you aren't meant to do damage, you are there to heal the other players, like the tank, who are getting hit.

Fire, Storm, Death, Myth, and Balance are all Damage dealers or DPS (damage per second) schools. Now I have heard Storm has the strongest spells in terms of doing damage, but as someone said earlier - they fizzle a lot. So choosing between these school is all dependent on how you want to play.

The game is made to try and "balance" each of the schools so that none are obviously "superior" in ALL respects to the others. So while the original question is "What's the worst school?" - I ask in return - "Worst for doing what?"

Worst at doing damage = yeah Ice and Life
Worst at tanking/soloing = Life


I almost agreed with you except that last line on worst for soloing. It all depends on your deck and how you play it. I also dont think myth is all that bad. I have a life with myth as a second and with my few life attacks and my myth spells i can kill anyone i want and heal myself when needed so help is hardly needed.
-Jared Sunshard 42 life

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
79
Penguin4ever wrote:
mpetersen68 wrote:
balance, myth, and ice dominate PvP/ life is the most popular second school/ fire rules through its multipule all spells combined with damage over turns/ deaths ability to attack and heal themselves is a great combo/ which leaves storm low health and high fizzle rate seems like a high price to pay for the ability to do the most damage per pip. so my vote goes for storm as the worse school.


O: GASP! HOW DARE THOUGH ACCUSE THE AWESOME SCHOOL OF BEING WORST!

*heavy panting*

Okay, I just want to say that storm is the most fun school I have played. My first wizard was Ice, I stuggled to level because of my weak attacks. Second was balance, I got bored because I kept on using the same attacks. Then came life, it was fun and all, but I found it annoying that I barely had any attack spells. Then came my STORM. It was so much fun! Sure, the fizzle rate is high, but we can get clothest that INCREASE OURACCURACY! That's what most people seem to think about storm.

Our accuracy is 70%!!
+Grand clothest accuracy boost, is that around 15-20%?
+Treasure cards
Almost 90% or so!

Storm hands down is the most fun school I've ever played through. With its high attacks I found it so much fun to overkill bosses. It was fun to solo through, but not easy! It's simply the beginning of storm, until about MB clothes level, that its fizzles finally let up. I suggest if you think storm is the worst school, make one yourself!


So, my conclusion for the worst school is: BALANCE
Although it may be good in the arena, it's not fun to have people complain about you. Sure, it seems strong, but it gets very boring. I'm not saying it's weak, but I just don't see how balance could be so good in anything else besides arena. No offense, but this is my conclusion.

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhave
Master of Ice and Storm



Well, I'm a balance wizard and in my opinion it is the best school! It has a shield for everything, blades for everything, normal accuracy and crazy damage in Judgement. My first school was Storm. It was great at first! I loved the high damage attacks and everything, but after a while, I got so bored of constantly fizzling I quit. My second wizard was Ice. I liked it's high health for I was VERY hard to kill but I also got tired of it's weak spells. After that I tried every school there is BUT Balance until I finally did create a Balance wizard. And I loved it as much as I loved Storm! Honestly, I'm not and never was bored of Balance and found it to be the best school for ME. See, just as everyone prefers a certain school, I prefer Balance for it having a little bit of everything.

My conclusion has to be:
NO SCHOOL IS THE WORST

We all claim a certain school to be the worst because it's in OUR OPINION. Same as the best school. I can assure you KI didn't create a certain school to be the "Worst". See what I mean? We all think differently so we all find different schools to be the best or the worst.

I'm not trying to flame you because you think Balance is the worst, just trying to make a point that no school is the absolute worst.


Molly
Adept Sorcerer

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
233
Storm is not best, no school is best, no school is worst.


Ice;
Great Defenses, okay attacks and okay accuracy, weaker attacks

Fire;
DOT and good attacks, low accuracy and health

Storm;
High attacks, low accuracy and health

Death;
Damage and healing, okay attacks

Myth;
A lot of minions, okay attacks

Balance;
Judgement and blades, low attack

Life;
Great health and accuracy, low attacks


Sincerely,
Elizbeth MistLeaf
Level 39 Thaumaturge (Ice)

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
5
peaches2matt wrote:
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion


well it might be ice. there attacks are low. storm does have a low percentage rate, but have the best attack damage

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
67
The 3 elements are worst because they easily got took down and put into a slumber by the 3 spirits. Storm and fire have bad accuracy and health, and ice just has bad attacks.But those are my opinions.




-Nathan Griffinstaff lvl 38

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
67
Dcybele wrote:
As someone who's played many other mmorpgs I know that certain "schools" are meant to play specific roles in groups.

Ice school is meant for tanks. IE. You soak up the damage from the mobs while the others do the big damage and heal. My main character is Ice with Life as a second and while I don't do a lot of damage, I last a LONG time and therefore can solo a LOT of content.

Life school is meant for healers. Again you aren't meant to do damage, you are there to heal the other players, like the tank, who are getting hit.

Fire, Storm, Death, Myth, and Balance are all Damage dealers or DPS (damage per second) schools. Now I have heard Storm has the strongest spells in terms of doing damage, but as someone said earlier - they fizzle a lot. So choosing between these school is all dependent on how you want to play.

The game is made to try and "balance" each of the schools so that none are obviously "superior" in ALL respects to the others. So while the original question is "What's the worst school?" - I ask in return - "Worst for doing what?"

Worst at doing damage = yeah Ice and Life
Worst at tanking/soloing = Life
Life is actually best at soloing because they heal masters.

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
67
Raptoris wrote:
there is no bad school. myth has minions out the roof and doe double hits to remove shield not to mention earthquake. death heals itself when it hits so it's pretty good (not to mention feint and curse). Life has high health but not as high as ice and it takes forever to kill a strong life wizard if they heal (try it in arena), they heal and hit with lots of boosts and have a good endurance. Balance is an all around school which isn't especially strong or weak at any one thing so it's a lethal combination. fire hits nice with a pretty good accuracy and has decent life. ice, let me put it this way, hit a grandmaser with triton and it will shrug it off. the only problem with ice is that once you are hurt it's hard to heal so take life as a secondary to do the best. Ice's life replaces the need for overwhelming attacks and serves it's own good. Storm has a not so good accuracy but it's still seven out of ten times hit and the power is uncomparable ( unless you take helephant and give it a gazillion treasure card boosts) storm has worst health but can eliminate it's enemies so quickly it doesn't need that much health. so all in all, there is no worst or best school. they all have they're ups and downs. just watch your secondaries and you'll be the best wizard in the game.

adept pyromancer,master balance, magus myth, adept death, initiate life.
those are my characters. my bro is master ice. all the schools are good schools!!
Finally some good words about life.

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
67
blizzerd79 wrote:
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?

We have more attack spells than you think.
We have life only attacks spells that no one else can get.

I think the worst school is Myth.
Yup. Myth for sure.

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
67
11128 wrote:
Mine is life for the common sense reason imagine, you facing a myth guy in pvp after a while you run out of attack cards and your looking like an a dummy in pvp. :?
Life will keep healing if they run out. I watched an adept life scare away TWO grandmasters of fire and storm.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
30
Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
25
ok whoever said fire is the worst WRONG one of the best. The worst is storm i mean everyones like the fizzle precentage but it is my secondary school and i like that its just health how can you survive I also think the worst by far is myth, myths attacks a really bad=minoyaur,othorus,and way more plus you have barley and life.The best is Fire,Ice,and Death

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
phoenix31111 wrote:
blizzerd79 wrote:
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?

We have more attack spells than you think.
We have life only attacks spells that no one else can get.

I think the worst school is Myth.
Yup. Myth for sure.
No its death, not myth buddy. Also at least back up why you think that.

Death

Wraith + Feint + DeathBlade = 1 hit KO

Wraith - overpowered stat boost moves = FAIL

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
60
fizzyjosh640 wrote:
ok whoever said fire is the worst WRONG one of the best. The worst is storm i mean everyones like the fizzle precentage but it is my secondary school and i like that its just health how can you survive I also think the worst by far is myth, myths attacks a really bad=minoyaur,othorus,and way more plus you have barley and life.The best is Fire,Ice,and Death

THANK YOU!!!! Finally someone who knows the best schools! it just amazes me! Oh yeah one more thing. one person said storm is the best and he/she has 90% accuracy. WRONG! I'm talking about spells not equipment!

Matthew FIreRider Level 43 Fire