Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Annoys You?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
- People who jump into a battle without asking if it's okay first, but then say "oh sorry - I was too close". I was standing off to the side watching a battle, someone appeared there and watched for a few moments then joined in. I thought that was so rude, and it happens to me too. When I am in a battle alone, it is because I want to be. Usually when someone asks to join, I let them simply because they were polite. Being polite doesn't cost anything, people!

- These super-cheating villians during the big battles. Why does the opponent get 4 attacks to my one? (for example) Why does the big boss get to call a Fire Djinn (for example) without using pips?? The cheating goes on so much that I refuse to do any more of the larger battles. As a result I have gone as far as the big battle in Khrysalis. The cheating in that was too much. KI needs to cut back on that. I should not have to use thousands of crowns just to get through one battle.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
EARTHQUAKE by far was the worst in zafaria and Azteca

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Paul L on Jan 13, 2018 wrote:
- People who jump into a battle without asking if it's okay first, but then say "oh sorry - I was too close". I was standing off to the side watching a battle, someone appeared there and watched for a few moments then joined in. I thought that was so rude, and it happens to me too. When I am in a battle alone, it is because I want to be. Usually when someone asks to join, I let them simply because they were polite. Being polite doesn't cost anything, people!

- These super-cheating villians during the big battles. Why does the opponent get 4 attacks to my one? (for example) Why does the big boss get to call a Fire Djinn (for example) without using pips?? The cheating goes on so much that I refuse to do any more of the larger battles. As a result I have gone as far as the big battle in Khrysalis. The cheating in that was too much. KI needs to cut back on that. I should not have to use thousands of crowns just to get through one battle.
When I first joined the message boards I tried to point out that crashing other people's battle circles could be stressful especially for newer players, because some people just like to solo and also some worry what will happen because of the extra enemies. I got a lot of flak for bringing it up.

Over a year later many more people have complained about this. I hope KI will consider making 'lock battle circle' an option.
Oh and some people told me that in the higher levels the streets are shorter so that would mean overcrowded streets. Well I am a max now so I have seen every world and level. I almost never see anyone in the higher level worlds, except me and maybe one other person running past. So that was not accurate. It shouldn't therefore be a worry.

I agree w/you about some of the boss battles, too. It shouldn't be necessary to try to find experts in battle. Not everyone wants to or can, do that. Some people don't have text chat for instance. Some of the bosses that can take endless turns and do endless cheats? Not everyone likes that type of game.

My complaint is that today I did the team up kiosk, and, one battle did not count and the other penalized me. Now the first battle, no one left, all four were in, it took a while, I mostly bladed other people, and yet, when it was over and I left, it didn't count. The next battle was Nehkbet, and it was just a puzzle. As has happened before, I solved the puzzle, there was no battle, the person took the silver chest. (Their friend said so.) I left, and when I tried to team up again, I had a penalty.

Why am I being discounted or penalized when I did nothing wrong?! When the team up request person was there and got their quest/battle/chest? I don't get it??!

Survivor
Jan 01, 2015
-Mana burn is one of the most annoying spells that can be used on you by a boss or simply an enemy in my opinion. Same thing goes for Earthquake or Enfeeble. I hate when I set up for a large hit with blades and traps (I'm a storm ) and i get stunned before I hit or I critical and the enemy or boss blocks. I hate losing my health so fast because I am a storm of course. I don't enjoy running through tartarus, waterworks, and especially darkmoor and getting trash. People who join your battle the turn you hit so more enemies just get pulled after you have no pips because you just hit of course. People who spam you with messages asking for crown items or tc (Which I don't mind giving but it still is annoying). I hate when quests involve a lot of running although I have a mount. I hate how mirage and polaris drop worse gear than khrysalis. That's just silly btw. This was my first ever post so I hope this helped :)!

-The one and only SeanStormHammer

Survivor
Oct 20, 2013
What annoys me? I guess it's the fact that I'm a level 78 almost 79 storm and am still using level 50 spells. My teachers refuse to teach me even after I finish a quest and even the professor told me that my teachers aren't teaching me. What is up with that, if the professor knows then why doesn't wizard101 technicians. I have finished so many teacher quests and still receive nothing, I'm so annoyed with how confusing it is just to play a game. I'm annoyed that I have been trying to figure this out for a week and have come up with nothing. I'm annoyed that I am paying for a game that won't let me do anything. I'm annoyed that my membership expires today and I told myself that if I didn't learn a new spell by the time it expires then I would not renew it. I'm annoyed because I do enjoy this game but I refuse to pay for something that is broken, and finally I'm annoyed that even though I say this nothing will happen and nothing will be fixed. Happy hunting and I hope the rest of you have better luck.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2016
Squire
Aug 23, 2016
Jextr975 on Jan 19, 2018 wrote:
What annoys me? I guess it's the fact that I'm a level 78 almost 79 storm and am still using level 50 spells. My teachers refuse to teach me even after I finish a quest and even the professor told me that my teachers aren't teaching me. What is up with that, if the professor knows then why doesn't wizard101 technicians. I have finished so many teacher quests and still receive nothing, I'm so annoyed with how confusing it is just to play a game. I'm annoyed that I have been trying to figure this out for a week and have come up with nothing. I'm annoyed that I am paying for a game that won't let me do anything. I'm annoyed that my membership expires today and I told myself that if I didn't learn a new spell by the time it expires then I would not renew it. I'm annoyed because I do enjoy this game but I refuse to pay for something that is broken, and finally I'm annoyed that even though I say this nothing will happen and nothing will be fixed. Happy hunting and I hope the rest of you have better luck.
I am not familiar with Storm so I do not know for sure. But many of the higher level spells involve going on a quest. Not only do you have to finish the quest but the final portion is to return to an area and then back to the teacher.

I would suggest asking another Storm Wizard for advice on how to finish the spell quests.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
I hate it when a monster spams weaknesses and shields.

Blaze StormWielder, Level 35

Survivor
Nov 06, 2016
Personally, this is my top 10 list of most annoying things.
1. Bosses in later worlds that have so much resist!
2. The entire world of Zafaria even after nerf!
3. The drop rate of learned spells from Loremaster.
4. When your deck will only give you attacks and no blades or traps.
5. When you eventually get a drop spell, it is the WRONG SCHOOL. (Loremaster)
6. That the ice school has better resist, crit, and block from gear drops and they already have tons of health!
7. How insanely hard it is to get drops from the harder dungeons, like darkmoor and tartarus,
8. Getting the master artisan crafting badge, especially for beginners that do not know where to get the transmute diamond card.
9. That pets always fail!
10. Last and most least, The difficulty of actually getting the needed reagents for crafting.

Thank you for reading, Patrick DeathSword, lvl 73 , Patrick DeathSword, lvl 31

Survivor
Aug 29, 2014
1) Getting pulled into battles when I don't want to battle,
2) Losing to a lower level in PvP,
3) People bragging about how much better they are than you,
4) fighting things the same school as me,
5) People that ask for help every five minutes.

Aaron FrostTail Level 74

Survivor
Nov 24, 2017
ME AGAIN

1. Crafting

2. Fishing

3. Pet training

4. HaVe I MeNTiOnEd CRaFtINg

5. cheating bosses

6. WHeN aNoThER OpPPOnENT Join IN

7. going to a different world that involves CROWNS!

CINNABUNNY

BRIANA still doing crab city

Survivor
Aug 29, 2014
Oh, and one more thing. I HATE when opponents use the weakness spell right before your about to hit. This also goes for shields.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Not being able to remove ourselves from family accounts. Situations change and losing account security is a big issue.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Farming for Potent Trap Treasure Card

Taylor Daisyflame- Level 92

Survivor
May 29, 2013
I am annoyed by how unbalanced the schools are. Myth and death and pretty much useless. Storm and ice are the best by far. And all the other schools are between

Survivor
Nov 19, 2011
What Annoys me?
1) people who beg for gifts/packs and pretty much things related to crowns especially when they get mad after you refuse
2) when you spent tons of mega snacks on a pet and it lets you down
3) fizzle
4) when you have many blades and you are ready to cast your spell and the myth minion EARTHQUAKES

Miranda GriffinHeart
Lvl 125
Genevieve IceBlossom
lvl 25

Survivor
Dec 07, 2013
1. When battling & getting ready to wipe the boss out & the person after yells pass that's why i don't team up anymore.
2. When in pvp or at the end of a dungeon with 3 or 4 & one or two flees on you.
3. When someone wants you to use your gold & crowns for a rehatch, don't mine helping but using me no way.
4. When someone ask for tc's & you load them up, & they say to you that's still not enough.

William Lvl 125
William Light Lvl 5

Survivor
Feb 04, 2013
Here is top 10 that annoys me

1.Being false reported multiple times, for no valid reasons.

2.Players who flee in mid battle, especially in dark moor

3.Using the fishing luck potion ( major ) and no epic fishes where caught. ( i spend 8+ hours fishing for that fish )

4.The myth imp spell,especially as a or wizard.

5.When the spell fizzles too much, like 5+ in a row

6.DDoses,

7.Rude players

8.Weakness spell, like almost every battle

9.Didn't collect message for collecting quest, after 4+ battles.

10. When players get mad, after politely declining to gift them ( venting,false reporting etc )

that is ten things that annoys me

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
People who only talk to you if they can get something out of you. I'm willing to help people, but please don't ask everyday if you don't put in the effort to have a small conversation first.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2013
1. Earthquake
2. Earthquake
3. Earthquake
4. Balance School
5. Earthquake
6. Earthquake
7. Earthquake
8. Earthquake
9. Avalon Bosses
10. Earthquake

Honorable Mentions: Earthquake, Earthquake and Earthquake.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
what annoys me the most is entering a dungeon like darkmoor and then fleeing during the game. If the game is not going well one or more people flee during the fight, they don't even let you know there leaving.
I also don't like it when you team up with a group and when they get there they don't like who they've teamed up with so they leave right before the game starts. That leaves three players who usually can't do the dungeon without four people. There has to be a rule change. If you enter the dungeon you have to stay or you can't do that dungeon for a while. I know there are different things that happen during the game like LOSING CONNECTION!!!!
That leaves only three players and then you can't do the dungeon so you have to flee. I did one part of darkmoor dungeon at least nine times. I only got through the entire thing once, the rest of them someone lost connection and left three of us and the others fled before or during the game. THAT IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!. it makes me not want to play the game anymore if you count on people to be there and then there gone.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
connection loss and frozen screens!!! I would think with all the new technical systems out there that you could upgrade your system. Myself and my friends get frozen screen while playing and have had connections lost. One minute there the next minute gone. Once they get back online they either can't go back to the fight, don't want to or will be back soon as they get connection back.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2017
Getting pulled, Not remembering to switch stuff in your deck, and having to log in everytime i enter the game

Survivor
Dec 18, 2013

1) Having 2 UNIVERSAL schools that are Amazing and then moon is the underdog of the astral crew

2) lists
3) Irony
4) hypocrisy
5) these jokes
6) the little dagger emoticon

Malorn Ashthorn- level 74

Survivor
May 21, 2014
The Character Slot of 6 when there are 7 schools to choose from.