Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We're from earth, so where's our clothes?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
this is an idea:
for the starter robes, instead of starting out with those weird looking things, we start out with jeans and a elbow-sleeved length t-shirt. we would also get sneakers with socks that ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE SOCKS! WOOT! And either no hat, or a baseball cap.
what do you guys think?

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Uh no! The title is wizard101 so I would expect I look like a wizard not some kind grunge bum. Thanks anyway.

Explorer
Feb 03, 2011
Well if you WANT to look like a human, (which most wizards don't) then you could complete the sunken city, you receive "rocking clothes" which are human clothes. other than that as far as i know, there is no other way to look mortal. As for your question; i think that would be borderline. I mean i think that the wizards come from wizard families, but it would be interesting to start this way.

Justin Hawkflame
lvl 18 pyromancer

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Tragamite wrote:
Uh no! The title is wizard101 so I would expect I look like a wizard not some kind grunge bum. Thanks anyway.
oh come on. and what wizard can claim to be cool without a wallet chain!? -elijah darkthorn, legendary skateboarder? (ps you may be disappointed to know that i disagree with the idea originally posted here.)

Explorer
Mar 19, 2009
No! This is WIZARD101 not Human101! Most people who play here looking like a wizard!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
When we were magically transported to Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, our clothing magically transformed into the Starter Robes, hats, and boots.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Hawk337 wrote:
Well if you WANT to look like a human, (which most wizards don't) then you could complete the sunken city, you receive "rocking clothes" which are human clothes. other than that as far as i know, there is no other way to look mortal. As for your question; i think that would be borderline. I mean i think that the wizards come from wizard families, but it would be interesting to start this way.

Justin Hawkflame
lvl 18 pyromancer
crab alley, not sunken city

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
um, no.
The title of the game is Wizard101 not Earthling101.
We are wizards and should be dressed as such. :)
sorry

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
As much as i would like to see that... :D
i really cant see ambrose with a jeans...
and i could not see us wizards running around in them.
Keep Posting!

Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
maybe he meant start off as a human, and train yourself to be a wizard. i mean, you dont have power at first as is, so if you can move up from human to wizard, you can start to wear wizard clothes.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Tragamite wrote:

Grunge Bum? How?

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
The human clothing is earned from the new Crab Alley quest for lower level wizards.

I've seen the outfit, and it's pretty cool. I'm thinking of getting it for one of my younger wizards, because I like the jeans. They will coordinate nicely with a good pair of boots and a swanky hat 8)

BUT, I would not like to see a line of clothes from the real world in-game. That would detract from the immersive experience that is Wizard 101, IMHO.

qbb

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:
The human clothing is earned from the new Crab Alley quest for lower level wizards. I've seen the outfit, and it's pretty cool. I'm thinking of getting it for one of my younger wizards, because I like the jeans. They will coordinate nicely with a good pair of boots and a swanky hat 8) BUT, I would not like to see a line of clothes from the real world in-game. That would detract from the immersive experience that is Wizard 101, IMHO. qbb
the problem with the rocker outfit from crab alley is that it's only the robe part. none of my boots or hats seem to match with it. and when i try to draw sneakers and a mullet on my screen with magic marker, my guy keeps moving! (ps please nobody try to do this and blame it on me!) -gabriel darkthorn and crew

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
IMO I think clothing would be cool besides what we have now. They dont have to have stats like some of the other clothing items have. Just plain clothes. If ya want to have them tailored then they can be unique in that way. It would make our wizards unique in another way.

Also Wizards arent a race. It is a class. Unfortunatly we cant pick what race we are so we have to assume we are human or elf.

I hoping KI adds more races to game as far as NPC go. I know this was ment for kids but if more teens/adults are playing it would be nice to see more creatures in game and not the stupid bears, dogs, cats ect. dressed up as humans. Lets get some real monsters added.

Is there a place in this game where there are just humans? There should be. Would be nice to fight other human or elf wizards or sorcerors in game besides PvP.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
Well, it was a nice idea, but i have to agree. I think some more flowy long dresses for the ladies in marleybone are in order, as for special occasions i would like my wizards to look nice, but other than that it might be a little too much. :(

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
etherchaos wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
The human clothing is earned from the new Crab Alley quest for lower level wizards. I've seen the outfit, and it's pretty cool. I'm thinking of getting it for one of my younger wizards, because I like the jeans. They will coordinate nicely with a good pair of boots and a swanky hat 8) BUT, I would not like to see a line of clothes from the real world in-game. That would detract from the immersive experience that is Wizard 101, IMHO. qbb
the problem with the rocker outfit from crab alley is that it's only the robe part. none of my boots or hats seem to match with it. and when i try to draw sneakers and a mullet on my screen with magic marker, my guy keeps moving! (ps please nobody try to do this and blame it on me!) -gabriel darkthorn and crew

LOL, marker on the monitor, NOT a good idea! A mullet is NEVER a good idea

I thought I'd wear the heavy knee boots I got just before Celestia and the visored cap from DS. That should work nicely for a casual jeans outfit. I saw someone with a feathered hat and ankle boots with the rocker outfit the other day. It was nifty.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
i actually kinna like the idea. but ofcourse we cant change all the clothes, just the starter ones. anyway like the idea.

ps- why am i like the only one who likes this idea?

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
This is an abomination.

abomination: a big bad idea or violation.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
Hmm... I do not want to see characters running around wearing clothes that I see being worn today. The clothing for our characters may not be something you are going to see on your way to work tomorrow but the pants are going to fit, not drag the ground - and I really do not care to know "boxers or briefs" for anyone in the spiral. Thanks! :)

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
tEKNIq1979 wrote:
maybe he meant start off as a human, and train yourself to be a wizard. i mean, you dont have power at first as is, so if you can move up from human to wizard, you can start to wear wizard clothes.
ok, this seems reasonable and complements the storyline that we are / were human before we became wizard.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
I like the idea. It would help the story line a bit. The rockin outfit looks normally and you can get it from Crab Alley when you complete the quest. I fyour a girl then I suggest wearing it with Brisk Cap ( white)and Pop's Skillful Boots ( black). I think they look good.

Explorer
Feb 03, 2011
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
Hawk337 wrote:

Justin Hawkflame
lvl 18 pyromancer
crab alley, not sunken city

oh ya crab alley i all ways get the two confused!

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Well, we are WIZARDS, so I would rather look like a Wizard than looking like a human, or do you mean, That the game starts off as us human, and then we go to Ravenwood School Of Magical Arts, and get transformed into a Wizard? Then yeah! But for now, we are all Wizards! And, it's totally fun, right?

-Mason D. -Level 44 Necromancer-

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
well its wizard101 so its supposed to be wizard clothing