Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Things i think are missing in-game atm!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 05, 2013
6
Hello everyone. I have some ideas that i would to see in wizard101. Not sure if everyone will agree with me but i hope most do and that at least one actually becomes real.
First would be new type of cheating bosses. With at least 3 different cheat types that would be in random order always! Of course there could be more then just 3 types of cheats for a boss o.o ! Well why i would this? Reasons are many but the main reasons are it would be more of a challenge, i wouldn't be as bored as doing the simple cheating bosses over and over again with the same tactic(the boss cheats would be designed so there couldn't be one simple tactic that you repeat to beat those bosses every time), and last but not least it would bring a lot more teamwork then there currently is.I would like to point out one thing about the teamwork part. It would be this, menu chatters would suffer again if this would even happen. But the thing is they suffer already with simple tactic bosses, so i don't see any reason why we couldn't have this(and by suffering i mean text chatters not wanting them in groups for dungeons). Oh and just one thing these bosses wouldn't be in main storyline so that casual players would still have their simple game play :).
So that i guess would be the first big change that i could think of.
Second and for now last...
Time Vs Crowns
So what i'm pointing out here is the statement i've read all over the forums as answer to multiple questions.
So what i would like to suggest here is creating world bosses that would take 4 players a lot of time to do.
And well about the amount of time needed to kill these world bosses. Will be up to KI team to decide, of course that if they think this would be worth adding to their game!
For example these bosses would drop crown items like max lvl wand, staff, piece of armor(of course it could be like this, any wand, staff, piece of armor that's in crown shop could drop, well the ones they would add to the boss drops) they would have the least chance of dropping. Mainly i think it should be Hoard/Lore pack content dropped on regular basis.
So the idea of how these world bosses should be like is like this. "number here" random world bosses would spawn over the spiral ( in every realm i think since there are a lot of players playing and sometimes lots of realms are full but of course not in the same locations).
So i guess this is it out of ideas for now..

Thnx for reading :)

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
79
No, no, just no.

By the tone of your post, I will assume that you 1) are new to the game and 2) do not have any characters over level 50. If you did, you would know how unreasonable some boss cheats already are, and that having an abundance of them would upset a lot of people.

This is a family-friendly game, meaning that people of all ages need to be able to play it and have fun.
Hardcore/professional gamers who want a "challenge" can make their own: do some PvP, solo Helephant Tower, run Xibalba or Waterworks with no gear on, etc. You have plenty of options, but the game cannot be made easier for those who are struggling.

The reason menu-chatters have suffered is because KI has not given us a way to effectively strategize with them; that's KI's fault, not theirs.

As for your second idea, these already exist: Tartarus, Xibalba, Helephant Tower... We don't need more of them. Not to mention that a boss regularly dropping high-tier crowns items would cost KI a lot of money and possibly hurt other players. A boss in Waterworks drops (or did, at one time) mastery amulets, which are about $20 in the crown shop; this resulted in overfarming, which led to KI lowering the drop-rates on everything in there, which led to a lot of players getting angry because it now takes them 15 levels or more to get their level 60 gear (which, by the way, is a requirement for the upper tiers).

Crowns items should never be required for quest progression. When I started playing, the Crowns vs Time balance was actually balanced~ not so, from about level 80 onward, and especially not in PvP. I am an adult~ realistically, I (and anyone over the age of 10) do not have that kind of time.

If these ideas were ever implemented, I would quit for good. And I know I'm not the only one.

-v.
95

Survivor
Dec 05, 2013
6
Hiya.
Made some mistakes when i was writing it i mean like 3 Different Cheat Phases which would be in a random order.
Example. Phase 1 Ra + doom and gloom Phase 2 No Traps/Blades Phase 3 No healing or they will heal.
And it would go something like this 2-1-3-3-2-1 and so on.
Sry if it was confusing for some and couldn't understand what i exactly meant when first posted :l.
And the world bosses would respawn after a certain amount of time after being killed and they could also just drop better gear then anywhere else just be a lot hard then other bosses and would take a lot of time to kill.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2013
6
Laura Shadowsong on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
No, no, just no.

By the tone of your post, I will assume that you 1) are new to the game and 2) do not have any characters over level 50. If you did, you would know how unreasonable some boss cheats already are, and that having an abundance of them would upset a lot of people.

This is a family-friendly game, meaning that people of all ages need to be able to play it and have fun.
Hardcore/professional gamers who want a "challenge" can make their own: do some PvP, solo Helephant Tower, run Xibalba or Waterworks with no gear on, etc. You have plenty of options, but the game cannot be made easier for those who are struggling.

The reason menu-chatters have suffered is because KI has not given us a way to effectively strategize with them; that's KI's fault, not theirs.

As for your second idea, these already exist: Tartarus, Xibalba, Helephant Tower... We don't need more of them. Not to mention that a boss regularly dropping high-tier crowns items would cost KI a lot of money and possibly hurt other players. A boss in Waterworks drops (or did, at one time) mastery amulets, which are about $20 in the crown shop; this resulted in overfarming, which led to KI lowering the drop-rates on everything in there, which led to a lot of players getting angry because it now takes them 15 levels or more to get their level 60 gear (which, by the way, is a requirement for the upper tiers).

Crowns items should never be required for quest progression. When I started playing, the Crowns vs Time balance was actually balanced~ not so, from about level 80 onward, and especially not in PvP. I am an adult~ realistically, I (and anyone over the age of 10) do not have that kind of time.

If these ideas were ever implemented, I would quit for good. And I know I'm not the only one.

-v.
95
Hello
Well your assumption or however it's spelled is far from right. I do have a lvl 92 storm wizard and working atm on a life wizard. Why haven't i lvled it to max lvl is cause i didn't make it as my main and just for farming stuff for other wizard i will make.
So next.
I know this is family-friendly game, reason why i added it wouldn't be in the main story line. It could be like aquila side world where these bosses could be. It would be your choice to fight or not to fight these bosses.
About the challenge part. Your right hardcore gamers can do that but you can only take it so far. And i will have to disagree as well. There's still just same simple tactic used to defeat them nothing fun to repeat it over and over.And from what i see this game is atm purely luck based so having random cheat phases would fit just right in.
About the struggling part. Only few reasons for this to happen 1. Lack of Teamwork 2. Not Thinking outside the box 3. Not ready for the fight(deck set up/gear set up).
So your saying world bosses already exist. Well i think your 100% wrong there. The dungeons you mentioned are available at anytime and you don't have to look for them(you know exactly where they are). And neither would they have a respawn time like actual world bosses would. And i'm sorry that i responded like this without adding everything i was gonna say about them. And there could be a lot of different world bosses with different drops from them and i said least chance of dropping and your saying it would hurt KI, but i don't see it if you have no idea of actually % the drops would have.And as for Hoard/Lore pack "content" dropping, there is something simular like this, it's winterbane and pagoda. Could be the same just different pack content would drop from these world bosses. If your an adult or kid you have the choice here not to spend time and just buy what you need adult has cash cause they have jobs kids can ask their loving parents for some. So again i don't understand your point of view since your reasons don't exactly add up why this couldn't happen.
And for your last statement. It's purely what i said Time Vs Crowns. If you don't have time to farm you can just buy crowns and get the best you can get for them. Example: You need energy but you don't have time to wait for it you just buy energy refill.

Well cya...

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
Laura Shadowsong on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
No, no, just no.

By the tone of your post, I will assume that you 1) are new to the game and 2) do not have any characters over level 50. If you did, you would know how unreasonable some boss cheats already are, and that having an abundance of them would upset a lot of people.

This is a family-friendly game, meaning that people of all ages need to be able to play it and have fun.
Hardcore/professional gamers who want a "challenge" can make their own: do some PvP, solo Helephant Tower, run Xibalba or Waterworks with no gear on, etc. You have plenty of options, but the game cannot be made easier for those who are struggling.

The reason menu-chatters have suffered is because KI has not given us a way to effectively strategize with them; that's KI's fault, not theirs.

As for your second idea, these already exist: Tartarus, Xibalba, Helephant Tower... We don't need more of them. Not to mention that a boss regularly dropping high-tier crowns items would cost KI a lot of money and possibly hurt other players. A boss in Waterworks drops (or did, at one time) mastery amulets, which are about $20 in the crown shop; this resulted in overfarming, which led to KI lowering the drop-rates on everything in there, which led to a lot of players getting angry because it now takes them 15 levels or more to get their level 60 gear (which, by the way, is a requirement for the upper tiers).

Crowns items should never be required for quest progression. When I started playing, the Crowns vs Time balance was actually balanced~ not so, from about level 80 onward, and especially not in PvP. I am an adult~ realistically, I (and anyone over the age of 10) do not have that kind of time.

If these ideas were ever implemented, I would quit for good. And I know I'm not the only one.

-v.
95
I agree 100%.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
I don't really see the point in this. The best available isn't from the crown shop as it is. We already have Aquila and Waterworks to farm for the best gear.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
Daniel SkyLeaf on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
Hiya.
Made some mistakes when i was writing it i mean like 3 Different Cheat Phases which would be in a random order.
Example. Phase 1 Ra + doom and gloom Phase 2 No Traps/Blades Phase 3 No healing or they will heal.
And it would go something like this 2-1-3-3-2-1 and so on.
Sry if it was confusing for some and couldn't understand what i exactly meant when first posted :l.
And the world bosses would respawn after a certain amount of time after being killed and they could also just drop better gear then anywhere else just be a lot hard then other bosses and would take a lot of time to kill.
I understood you clearly the first time, and my answer is still no.

The last thing we need is to have to farm bosses who cheat without knowing what we're up against. We don't have enough deck space for that sort of nonsense... How on earth could anyone adequately prep for that?

In my opinion, it would just lead to a lot of frustrated players rage-quitting. Not a smart move for KI, who is already losing players due to ridiculous increases in difficulty between arcs.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
45
This person must be new to the game because when I reach lvl 50, I'm not going to have to deal with such hard bosses. I will be like, "Why did I get a membership for this game?". You won't be ruining this game not while I'm around and don't feed KI ideas that will leave them to their ultimate doom! It will just subtract millions of dollars to run both games, international servers, their headquarters, paying for everyone weekly. It adds up and they need allot of the money to run KI, Wizard101, and Pirate101. No one really plays Pirate101 anyways but let those Jack Sparrow's play it. We on the other hand are likely Harry Potter fans, 25% at the least. They could close that game but then a rebellion starts forcing KI to close down and BE DOOMED! OH NO!
Both games help keep their money flowing so KI can be long into the future on our 2020 Holograms and on Oculus Rifts. KI is one of the most succesful MMORPG companies so you see, that will cost them allot of money! Bad idea so in conclusion, I support nothing of what you wrote on the top. Good day.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2013
6
Well i guess this post can be closed if possible by request.
I was wrong thinking that the wizard101 community playing a strategy card game would be seeking for a challenge.
Someone said new arc had increase in difficulty. Tbh i didn't feel a bit of any increase in difficulty apart from battles needing more blades/traps to finish with one hit.That's all that actually changed more health some pips more so what we have resist to counter that.
Well cya.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
Daniel SkyLeaf on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Well i guess this post can be closed if possible by request.
I was wrong thinking that the wizard101 community playing a strategy card game would be seeking for a challenge.
Someone said new arc had increase in difficulty. Tbh i didn't feel a bit of any increase in difficulty apart from battles needing more blades/traps to finish with one hit.That's all that actually changed more health some pips more so what we have resist to counter that.
Well cya.
Obviously, if you're an experienced gamer, your idea of a challenge is different from someone who's on her first wizard, or who has never played an mmo before.

The first time I ran a wizard through Celestia, waterworks, etc., I had no idea what I was doing. I had no friends to play with, no one to help me figure things out; I did that myself, through a lot of trial and error. It was a lot easier with my second and third wizards, but it doesn't change the fact that there's a first time for everything and that someone who knows the ins and outs of gaming will have a much easier time of things than someone who does not. I definitely noticed the difficulty increase, and I know I'm not the only one, as it has come up on these forums many times.

You mention teamwork, which is fine and well. But you don't take into account that some people don't have friends to play with, which is fine, if you're on at peak times and can just hang around in a packed realm, but if you're in a time zone that's not central or eastern, your options are much more limited. I am on the far east coast and often have empty servers to myself for hours: the only way I can meet up with friends is if I stay up all night or we schedule a meet up about a week ahead of time.

Challenge or not, a game should be fun. What you are proposing is work, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't got time for another job.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2013
6
Dr Von on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Obviously, if you're an experienced gamer, your idea of a challenge is different from someone who's on her first wizard, or who has never played an mmo before.

The first time I ran a wizard through Celestia, waterworks, etc., I had no idea what I was doing. I had no friends to play with, no one to help me figure things out; I did that myself, through a lot of trial and error. It was a lot easier with my second and third wizards, but it doesn't change the fact that there's a first time for everything and that someone who knows the ins and outs of gaming will have a much easier time of things than someone who does not. I definitely noticed the difficulty increase, and I know I'm not the only one, as it has come up on these forums many times.

You mention teamwork, which is fine and well. But you don't take into account that some people don't have friends to play with, which is fine, if you're on at peak times and can just hang around in a packed realm, but if you're in a time zone that's not central or eastern, your options are much more limited. I am on the far east coast and often have empty servers to myself for hours: the only way I can meet up with friends is if I stay up all night or we schedule a meet up about a week ahead of time.

Challenge or not, a game should be fun. What you are proposing is work, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't got time for another job.
Hiya.
What you just stated i don't find true.
I started playing on december i was going through all worlds mostly alone cause i didn't have many friends obviously since i just started. And i'm not on Central or Eastern time zones. CL was the only hard zone only because we gain good gear after we finish CL then we should be around 58 if only storyline quests are done higher with side quests. When i said i didn't feel any increase in difficulty that was based on going through ZF/AV/AZ the first time. And they were all compared with CL the hardest world by far is and will be CL cause of lack of decent gear of course depends on what lvl you start it. When going through azteca i didn't shield just healed when needed and most battles only need 1-2 satyrs that's without shielding so what's so hard about that ? Of course it does change depending if your fighting a storm boss or other school bosses if storm boss, shields will be needed if other school bosses no shields needed.

Well i guess that's just me again. I guess others could have harder time here in CL and other worlds after that. But i guess i just wanna believe everyone is having it easy like me for some reason, even after reading countless posts where lots of players saying everything in 2nd arc is way too hard and solo quests shouldn't be solo and so on.
Well have a good day and take care.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
291
Laura Shadowsong on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
No, no, just no.

By the tone of your post, I will assume that you 1) are new to the game and 2) do not have any characters over level 50. If you did, you would know how unreasonable some boss cheats already are, and that having an abundance of them would upset a lot of people.

This is a family-friendly game, meaning that people of all ages need to be able to play it and have fun.
Hardcore/professional gamers who want a "challenge" can make their own: do some PvP, solo Helephant Tower, run Xibalba or Waterworks with no gear on, etc. You have plenty of options, but the game cannot be made easier for those who are struggling.

The reason menu-chatters have suffered is because KI has not given us a way to effectively strategize with them; that's KI's fault, not theirs.

As for your second idea, these already exist: Tartarus, Xibalba, Helephant Tower... We don't need more of them. Not to mention that a boss regularly dropping high-tier crowns items would cost KI a lot of money and possibly hurt other players. A boss in Waterworks drops (or did, at one time) mastery amulets, which are about $20 in the crown shop; this resulted in overfarming, which led to KI lowering the drop-rates on everything in there, which led to a lot of players getting angry because it now takes them 15 levels or more to get their level 60 gear (which, by the way, is a requirement for the upper tiers).

Crowns items should never be required for quest progression. When I started playing, the Crowns vs Time balance was actually balanced~ not so, from about level 80 onward, and especially not in PvP. I am an adult~ realistically, I (and anyone over the age of 10) do not have that kind of time.

If these ideas were ever implemented, I would quit for good. And I know I'm not the only one.

-v.
95
I second this.

I also would like to exaggerate on the whole menu chat issue.
I think it would be good if we got a few more options to clearly speak to them.

Possibly just simply,
"Use attack all spells only!"
"Don't trap!"
"Don't blade!"
"Use low rank spells only!"
"I am going in alone!"

These would better help communicate to menu chatters with cheating bosses and dungeons.

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
79
Daniel SkyLeaf on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Hiya.
What you just stated i don't find true.
I started playing on december i was going through all worlds mostly alone cause i didn't have many friends obviously since i just started. And i'm not on Central or Eastern time zones. CL was the only hard zone only because we gain good gear after we finish CL then we should be around 58 if only storyline quests are done higher with side quests. When i said i didn't feel any increase in difficulty that was based on going through ZF/AV/AZ the first time. And they were all compared with CL the hardest world by far is and will be CL cause of lack of decent gear of course depends on what lvl you start it. When going through azteca i didn't shield just healed when needed and most battles only need 1-2 satyrs that's without shielding so what's so hard about that ? Of course it does change depending if your fighting a storm boss or other school bosses if storm boss, shields will be needed if other school bosses no shields needed.

Well i guess that's just me again. I guess others could have harder time here in CL and other worlds after that. But i guess i just wanna believe everyone is having it easy like me for some reason, even after reading countless posts where lots of players saying everything in 2nd arc is way too hard and solo quests shouldn't be solo and so on.
Well have a good day and take care.
Well, I'm glad you think so highly of yourself. But, realistically, you are not the only player: there are over a million of us, varying ages and skill levels. Not everyone is a pro, and not everyone has an easy time adjusting to the leap in difficulty between Dragonspyre and Celestia. Not just because of gear, but because of the addition of advanced stats (critical, block, armor pierce) and the enemy starting with a huge advantage (pips, health, etc.) over players.

I have soloed most of the game, and been through the second arc 3 times. I do not heal or shield, and I can kill anything I want in one hit. Getting there wasn't easy, but I did it.

I also recall you stating that you only have any real experience with one school. You're likely used to the aggressive one-hit-kill style of Storm and, because you are new, I won't blame you for assuming that all schools play the same way. They don't, but you'll find that out for yourself soon enough.

The best example I can give is from my days as a fitness instructor. When I was doing my classroom studies, my trainer said that the base difficulty could not be any harder than the skill level of the least-skilled person in the class. Why? Safety reasons. People having fun. You obviously don't want newbies walking out in the middle of your class and never coming back because they're frustrated and embarrassed and feel like they can't measure up to the pros, so why bother, right? Why would a multi-level game be any different?

FYI: Avalon and Azteca have both been nerfed since their releases, so they are nowhere near as awful as they used to be.

Have a nice day!

-v.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
Laura Shadowsong on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
Well, I'm glad you think so highly of yourself. But, realistically, you are not the only player: there are over a million of us, varying ages and skill levels. Not everyone is a pro, and not everyone has an easy time adjusting to the leap in difficulty between Dragonspyre and Celestia. Not just because of gear, but because of the addition of advanced stats (critical, block, armor pierce) and the enemy starting with a huge advantage (pips, health, etc.) over players.

I have soloed most of the game, and been through the second arc 3 times. I do not heal or shield, and I can kill anything I want in one hit. Getting there wasn't easy, but I did it.

I also recall you stating that you only have any real experience with one school. You're likely used to the aggressive one-hit-kill style of Storm and, because you are new, I won't blame you for assuming that all schools play the same way. They don't, but you'll find that out for yourself soon enough.

The best example I can give is from my days as a fitness instructor. When I was doing my classroom studies, my trainer said that the base difficulty could not be any harder than the skill level of the least-skilled person in the class. Why? Safety reasons. People having fun. You obviously don't want newbies walking out in the middle of your class and never coming back because they're frustrated and embarrassed and feel like they can't measure up to the pros, so why bother, right? Why would a multi-level game be any different?

FYI: Avalon and Azteca have both been nerfed since their releases, so they are nowhere near as awful as they used to be.

Have a nice day!

-v.
yer right there are 4 year olds with level ones we can't give morganthe anymore then 5 health and don't give her cheats are rank 2 and up spells that would ruin the game for em lololololololololololololol