Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Darkmoor Drop Rate Malistaire and Chest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 14, 2015
This needs to be fixed. People are spending too much time farming this one dungeon for a set of gear and it's terrible. I've spent more time on this dungeon than I've spent on a single world or maybe 2. I've done one week of this of non stop farming and I've only gotten Hat and Robe. I've bought the chest multiple times and that hasn't gotten me anything. So it's pretty much a waste of crowns. What I'm saying is, this dungeon is waaaayyy too tedious to do and it's hard enough getting a team of people that will stay through the entire dungeon. Fix the drop rate on this dungeon or at least the chest drop rate. If someone is paying money for something they should at least have a better chance at getting a top tier gear piece.

P.S. Please remove the 3rd tier gear from graveyard. After the 1st 2 parts those shouldn't drop anymore.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2014
Yes I agree, I been farming Darkmoor for a very, very, very, very, very long time and all I wanted was the staff and the athame from the ghoul on the first battle of the graveyard, I do suggest KI fixes the drops rates on this because its so hard to get the stuff you want to get.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
As much as I feel for you, I would say it's pure luck based.

Have you come to realize that Malistair's gear is one of, if not, the best available in the game? There's no way they could make the drop rate any higher than it's already, so you just have to keep trying.

I myself struggled with Rattlebones on my death, my friends would call me "The Rattleboy" because of my several attempts, I tried more than 20 times to drop the Robe (and I really mean it, as the duel will leave a trophy after finishing it, so you probably know how my house should look like right now LOL).

Wish you all the luck, and keep trying!

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Tatsamune15 on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
This needs to be fixed. People are spending too much time farming this one dungeon for a set of gear and it's terrible. I've spent more time on this dungeon than I've spent on a single world or maybe 2. I've done one week of this of non stop farming and I've only gotten Hat and Robe. I've bought the chest multiple times and that hasn't gotten me anything. So it's pretty much a waste of crowns. What I'm saying is, this dungeon is waaaayyy too tedious to do and it's hard enough getting a team of people that will stay through the entire dungeon. Fix the drop rate on this dungeon or at least the chest drop rate. If someone is paying money for something they should at least have a better chance at getting a top tier gear piece.

P.S. Please remove the 3rd tier gear from graveyard. After the 1st 2 parts those shouldn't drop anymore.
I advise you farm the Exalted duels as the fights there take much less time than Malistaire's.

Darkmoor gear may not be the best gear in game much longer, as KI confirmed Polaris and Mirage crafted gear is coming in the Fall Update. If you don't want to farm Exalted duels, then you can simply wait until the Fall update to craft better gear.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
It surely is a struggle, but it's supposed to be a challenging dungeon. Some people just aren't the best when it comes to luck, and you can't control that. If you don't want to keep doing Darkmoor then you should buy the exalted Rattlebones or Krokopatra dungeon, if you don't wanna pay for it then farm the Jade Oni.
And I'm not 100% sure of this but I'm pretty sure Rattlebones drops the Exalted battle of himself, I can't guarantee since I only got the Master duel on my new ice (I was so hyped), but I think you can get it from him.