Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm going backwards? We Need Improvements.

2
AuthorMessage
Historian
May 01, 2010
665
Solstice64 wrote:
Then by your logic, fire shouldn't have its double shield, correct? I mean, shields are an ice thing, and every school is just trying to be like ice!

At the level they got that, all schools had that 1 shield, no more, no less. They all got it at the same time, therefore, none copying the other (nobody got their shields after ice got all its shields, right?
Solstice64 wrote:
By your logic, fire shouldn't have pixie, correct? Life's about substantial healing, fire is about unsubstantial healing (says so in their description.)

As I said above, life only had 2 heals at the end of unicorn way...maybe 3, but nowhere near masterying and making healing their specialty.
Solstice64 wrote:
Efreet shouldn't have weakness as single target global negative charms are balance! Maybe you need a better strategy that doesn't involve the other schools so you can see how Daviato feels.

Though, no single negative charm of balance has been a side effect eh? I would think that would go to fire. Also, at the end of Zafaria, i have a lot more training points than I can figure out what to do. I would EASILY be able to sacrifice 2 points, to get an elf (if i wasnt already fire), training points are also an exception, KI gave it to us, to be able to use a second school, so I dont see why not others can take advantage of this.
Solstice64 wrote:
The thing that bugs me about the OP is that it makes it look like storm is the only school going backwards, its not.

Storm just isn't moving forward as it can't get around shields.
Balance is moving backwards (WAY too complicated to explain.)
Life isn't moving forward (same reason as storm.)


Gotta agree with you here.


Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
Dark7X wrote:
The downfall of storm will bring the reign of death much much closer. you complain of changed storm spells? to you they may be bad, but to others they'd rather take to gnome collosus (that what i call the Gnomes! spell) to the face! an aura storm spell? pvp should be shut down due to storm domination.

"To master necromancy, is to master fear itself"

Richard ShadowHeart lvl 63 Death
Rofl, said this before, but are we still talking about Storm? This is how it works. First off this isn't about Storm DoTs, I have had some experience and can work around shields easily enough. Second, in what strange alternate dimension did you get YOUR info? Storm is hardly dominant, i'd have to say the top school in pvp is probably a close call between Fire and Myth, mainly for their powers to clear shields. A lot of people here are right, with a DoT, Storm would definitely be OP. @Daviato, sorry, but a DoT isn't really required for storm. Even as a fellow Diviner, I feel this would tip the balance of the schools too greatly in our favor.....

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
21
storm isn't going backwards at all,
dots are actually useless againest a life school in pvp
since they have triage so your attack just stops short
and people spam shields cause if you think about it storm has to much power considering they can improve their accuracy to nearly perfect accuracy with the waterworks gear

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
darthjt wrote:
You don't see any correlation? Really?
You also don't see why storm needs a DoT or Double attack, well, I don't see why Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, but he did and had the great fall.


Nursery rhymes? Are you serious?

I know most people are Jealous of storms power. However, all schools have been getting a serious increase in power, even Ice.

And I won't dispute that.

Storm has the worst minion possible in the game!

Then ask KI to update the minion!

In PvP, everyone has storm shields, unless they are clueless on how to play PvP.

Shields is a setback everyone has to deal with, even Sorcerers. Why should Storm get a DoT to deal with a problem that everyone has to deal with?

Now, I am smart enough to have gotten fire elf and mutate cards, I also have a storm hound with good talents, but is it fair that Storm is the only school that does not have an over time spell?

Life and Balance don't have spells, and you get what you ask for in PvP. You can't ask KI to make a DoT when the only aspect of the game that you need it for is an extracurricular activity.

If you say life doesn't, it has Regenerate, which is not damage over time, but is a heal over time and can quite easily heal over 1000 per round! Yes, I do think life should also get a damage over time spell.

It's still not a DoT, and it has nothing to do with this.

The point of the matter is, everyone whines and complains and gets storms power knocked down and their spells changed. Sometimes it is acceptable and sometimes it is not. But if storm is going to be kept on a leash, then storm should be compensated, like getting more health, since everyone else is getting more power.

I agree, and I'd fully support Storm getting more HP, but I will not support Storm getting a DoT at this point.

Everyone sees what they want, but they don't see things in an equal and balanced way.

Uh, no. Your attempt in making things balanced is unbalancing other aspects of the game.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
darthjt wrote:

I know most people are Jealous of storms power. However, all schools have been getting a serious increase in power, even Ice.

Storm has the worst minion possible in the game!

In PvP, everyone has storm shields, unless they are clueless on how to play PvP.

Now, I am smart enough to have gotten fire elf and mutate cards, I also have a storm hound with good talents, but is it fair that Storm is the only school that does not have an over time spell?

If you say life doesn't, it has Regenerate, which is not damage over time, but is a heal over time and can quite easily heal over 1000 per round! Yes, I do think life should also get a damage over time spell.

The point of the matter is, everyone whines and complains and gets storms power knocked down and their spells changed. Sometimes it is acceptable and sometimes it is not. But if storm is going to be kept on a leash, then storm should be compensated, like getting more health, since everyone else is getting more power.

Everyone sees what they want, but they don't see things in an equal and balanced way.


Exactly every school has increase in power and Storm is till stuck with the same health.

Not only that, our damage and health went even lower with new crafting gear...

Players ask for Sirens damage to be lower down, but we Storm wizards ask for over time damage that will hit all enemies and we don't even got one.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
24
I hate that every one wants to be like fire! Storm dosentneed a Dot spell.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
flarzedrago9 wrote:
gatorjaw wrote:
Daviato, you're giving me ideas. We should unionize! Storm Guild, with the people making this happen at the top. Imagine it: KingsIsle releases a Level 90 expansion, gives us proud Diviners a spell with lower damage than anyone else, and we decide to terrorize PvP! That would be so funny. But I agree, we DEFINITELY should band together and do something about things if this keeps going on.
KingsIsle, the truth is we just intimidate people, and decimate people who we don't!
Bradley EmaraldThron
Stormchaser
Incredibly proud of it


Bradley the truth is Storm doesn't scare anyone and you don't really decimate anyone. In grouped PvP the only way you can "intimadate" or "decimate" is if you have some healing and shielding you. 1v1 storm isn't the best, but it can win if you use strategy. Storm really needs to be carried in group PvP to keep going. Fire, myth, ice get hated on and have people spam false reports on them (or at least me) because people nowadays can't come up with strategies. When us teens or if your adults were kids and played competative games we never did this. We never said something was overpowered or underpowered or was going "backwards" if we lost we dealt with it. When you say DoT spells are needed by storm do you really know what a DoT is actually used for? DoTs were to do damage overtime so healing doesn't dust the dmg away. You guys want one just for the soul purpose of breaking shields so your enemy is left open. KI knows thats why you want one and thats why they haven't really made you guys one.
Solstice64 you said the only reason you play W101 is for PvP, well no matter how many people do it PvP is a minor feature of the game no more inportant than gardening or crafting. If thats the only reason you play and you decide to call out schools you have problems with in PvP then don't play. The second you quit 50 other people have just subscribed. You guys abuse the fact KI listen to the people. Just because you pay money to them doesn't mean you can whine about schools you don't like. In PvP fire and myth are what you called schools people don't like and a reason people don't have those wizards. Davito you really want storm to get a real DoT, but for the wrong reason that'd make PvP in an even worse condition. I have a storm and a death they aren't the best in PvP, but they can hold their own without a Dots. This whole revolution or what I call "The drained storm wizards' circle" is just completely wasting KI's time and if people didn't complain so much others would probably be fighting Morganthe right now.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Happy
Holidays!


So how do you expect us to do some real damage? Pierce system is a fail, mostly likely storm is not going to acquire any good pierce stats.

This movement is to let everyone know we are tired of having our spells damage change, our damage going lower and our health still stuck in the 2,000's range. We are also tired of facing shields after shields... That's exactly why we need a good over time damage spell.

Is very unfair that other school have has increase on Power and Health, but Storm hasn't improve on it's Health.


Delver
Oct 05, 2010
248
Daviato wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I know most people are Jealous of storms power. However, all schools have been getting a serious increase in power, even Ice.

Storm has the worst minion possible in the game!

In PvP, everyone has storm shields, unless they are clueless on how to play PvP.

Now, I am smart enough to have gotten fire elf and mutate cards, I also have a storm hound with good talents, but is it fair that Storm is the only school that does not have an over time spell?

If you say life doesn't, it has Regenerate, which is not damage over time, but is a heal over time and can quite easily heal over 1000 per round! Yes, I do think life should also get a damage over time spell.

The point of the matter is, everyone whines and complains and gets storms power knocked down and their spells changed. Sometimes it is acceptable and sometimes it is not. But if storm is going to be kept on a leash, then storm should be compensated, like getting more health, since everyone else is getting more power.

Everyone sees what they want, but they don't see things in an equal and balanced way.


Exactly every school has increase in power and Storm is till stuck with the same health.

Not only that, our damage and health went even lower with new crafting gear...

Players ask for Sirens damage to be lower down, but we Storm wizards ask for over time damage that will hit all enemies and we don't even got one.


Theres a huge difference between asking for a spell damage to be lowered then to completely conjure up a whole new spell.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
Daviato wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
gatorjaw wrote:
Daviato, you're giving me ideas. We should unionize! Storm Guild, with the people making this happen at the top. Imagine it: KingsIsle releases a Level 90 expansion, gives us proud Diviners a spell with lower damage than anyone else, and we decide to terrorize PvP! That would be so funny. But I agree, we DEFINITELY should band together and do something about things if this keeps going on.
KingsIsle, the truth is we just intimidate people, and decimate people who we don't!
Bradley EmaraldThron
Stormchaser
Incredibly proud of it


Bradley the truth is Storm doesn't scare anyone and you don't really decimate anyone. In grouped PvP the only way you can "intimadate" or "decimate" is if you have some healing and shielding you. 1v1 storm isn't the best, but it can win if you use strategy. Storm really needs to be carried in group PvP to keep going. Fire, myth, ice get hated on and have people spam false reports on them (or at least me) because people nowadays can't come up with strategies. When us teens or if your adults were kids and played competative games we never did this. We never said something was overpowered or underpowered or was going "backwards" if we lost we dealt with it. When you say DoT spells are needed by storm do you really know what a DoT is actually used for? DoTs were to do damage overtime so healing doesn't dust the dmg away. You guys want one just for the soul purpose of breaking shields so your enemy is left open. KI knows thats why you want one and thats why they haven't really made you guys one.
Solstice64 you said the only reason you play W101 is for PvP, well no matter how many people do it PvP is a minor feature of the game no more inportant than gardening or crafting. If thats the only reason you play and you decide to call out schools you have problems with in PvP then don't play. The second you quit 50 other people have just subscribed. You guys abuse the fact KI listen to the people. Just because you pay money to them doesn't mean you can whine about schools you don't like. In PvP fire and myth are what you called schools people don't like and a reason people don't have those wizards. Davito you really want storm to get a real DoT, but for the wrong reason that'd make PvP in an even worse condition. I have a storm and a death they aren't the best in PvP, but they can hold their own without a Dots. This whole revolution or what I call "The drained storm wizards' circle" is just completely wasting KI's time and if people didn't complain so much others would probably be fighting Morganthe right now.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Happy
Holidays!


So how do you expect us to do some real damage? Pierce system is a fail, mostly likely storm is not going to acquire any good pierce stats.

This movement is to let everyone know we are tired of having our spells damage change, our damage going lower and our health still stuck in the 2,000's range. We are also tired of facing shields after shields... That's exactly why we need a good over time damage spell.

Is very unfair that other school have has increase on Power and Health, but Storm hasn't improve on it's Health.



Lets see, maybe pierce is a bust to you, but it isn't to others. Simple convert before they shield does work. I've seen lots of storms use shatter which works very well. Storm wizards have about 65+ attack stat, fizzle less than life does because their gear gives them a major accuracy boost. They have high critical rating and almost everyone has the lifeforce blade or the dancing blade which makes storm block rating 70-80+% where you block the majority of the time. When it comes to health have you seen ice? The hardest school to level up in PvE and PvP, so health isn't a big up. This should have nothing to do with grouped PvP because remember you have teammates. 1v1 yes storm isn't the best (probably the worst), but it still does pull out a good amount of wins. Abusing the fact KI listens just ruins the game for everyone. I've complained before, never about a spell being overpowered because thats up to KI to decide. DoTs aren't that great you can still shield around them and if you do get a DoT everyone will just triage it off so you wasted your pips. In my opinion KI should just get rid of critical in PvP or simply remove PvP it ruined the entire game. Hows it fun to have people say rude things about your favorite school just because they have something the other school doesn't?

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
Daviato wrote:
As the school that suppose to do great amount of damage, I not seeing it! Everyone of course spam storm shields and they have good resistance...

I have long supported for Storm to get a Dot spell. Damage over 3 Rounds to All Enemies.

The opposition say that Storm doesn't need one, well I am a Storm Wizard and from my experience as True Diviner, is very annoying we have to face storm shields from everyone.

YES we do need a over time spell, like it or not! We Storm Wizards are tired of facing shields all the time!

As a Storm wizard I will defend my school! If its downfall does come because other players oppose us to have a over time damage spell and want our damage to go lower, than I must say it was nice playing this game... I'm really tired of my school going backwards.

Oppose us, we are One, divided by Nothing... Storm Wizards is time to defend your school and don't let anymore foolishness make our school go backwards.

With the new Crafting gear, our Damage and Health drastically decreased. In another words, yes we are going backwards!

They heard other players to change Wild Bolt and Sirens... That's two spells that have been change due to people complaints.

We complaint and what do we get? Nothing.

Is Time for Storm Wizards to be heard!

Go Sparks!


Wild bolt change because the fact that it mostly hit 1,000 dmg, for 2 pips and 100% accuracy. Sirens has a million effects on it. High damage, removes a blade from all enemies, 50- accuracy all enemies, and reduces threat so your allies still have to take all the hits. KI made it do 35 less damage thats not a lot. Those were changed because an actual reason your complaint is "we got to break shields." You already have an aoe that does 1120 damage and is spammed by almost every storm out there. What about an x pip spell for myth the only school without one. Fire has heck hound, Storm tempest and supercharge, ice frozen armor and ice armor, death animate, life dryad, and balance judgement.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
21
Even though i'm a myth i think davioto is right. (no offense storm wizards)storm wizards have bad accuracy and low health at least let them keep their power. :D

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Solstice64 you said the only reason you play W101 is for PvP, well no matter how many people do it PvP is a minor feature of the game no more inportant than gardening or crafting. If thats the only reason you play and you decide to call out schools you have problems with in PvP then don't play. The second you quit 50 other people have just subscribed. You guys abuse the fact KI listen to the people. Just because you pay money to them doesn't mean you can whine about schools you don't like. In PvP fire and myth are what you called schools people don't like and a reason people don't have those wizards..


If tons of people in a game love a side thing more than the main thing, then it becomes more important than the main thing. KI doesn't care if pve is supposed to be the main thing in wizard101, they do what pleases the majority of the customers, not what is best for pve. KI should fix pvp as the majority of people (at the minimum) enjoy it. There are a few people who dislike it, but why should KI change the game for the minority?

Fire is the most popular school in pvp becuase its the most powerful. People just tend to dislike it as people don't like to loose.

slammer111 wrote:
At the level they got that, all schools had that 1 shield, no more, no less. They all got it at the same time, therefore, none copying the other (nobody got their shields after ice got all its shields, right?


I see your point, but its not valid unless other schools can only use their shields until ice gets tower. When you get your shield doesn't change how it acts at high levels. Anyways, if your logic was correct, then KI would need to apply it to everything in order to balance the game.

As I said above, life only had 2 heals at the end of unicorn way...maybe 3, but nowhere near masterying and making healing their specialty.

Same as above. Anyways, life already gets a heal before pixie, you can't just say, "Oh, its only 1, its still not the master of it." That would be ignoring the fact that it's the ONLY school with one.

Though, no single negative charm of balance has been a side effect eh? I would think that would go to fire. Also, at the end of Zafaria, i have a lot more training points than I can figure out what to do. I would EASILY be able to sacrifice 2 points, to get an elf (if i wasnt already fire), training points are also an exception, KI gave it to us, to be able to use a second school, so I dont see why not others can take advantage of this.

Really? I would think that the weakness on nova would count. Anyways, fire didn't have one before efreet and balance had single negative charms. Did fire become the school of negative after effects right out of the blue?

Fire elf doesn't count as a DoT for other schools as it clears fire shields, not whatever school is using it shields (unless that school is fire.) Storm elf doesn't count as a DoT. Having only storm elf it as if the schools didn't have their double shields, but they could morph ice's to theirs.

-Solstice64

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
152
This thread is giving me a headache from everyone arguing. First, I'm a level 58 storm, so while i agree storm has never really been top at pvp, that has almost always been fire if I am remembering right, I believe we can get around most shields. i have found that my triton with a blade or two hits at least the base damage the card intended with a -80% shield. I have about 60% damage increase from gear with no special gear, just the kind I bought at the bazaar so it isn't tough to get that.

Second, to one or two certain wizards who posted, fire wizards have many more DoTs that any other school could even hope for, if KI thinks it is right to help out a school when they really need it by giving them a DoT, it's fine. In case you haven't noticed, storm is supposed to do the most damage, but fire DoTs do more. So if you are going to accuse everyone of stealing from fire, why are you trying to steal storm damage? That is something someone could say to you so i suggest people learn to understand that every school borrows from another.

Everyone has shields, but Ice has the most and as far as I know the only universal shield.

Everyone has minions, but Myth has the most, not to mention the double hit attacks.

Everyone can attack, Storm just does more damage.

Almost everyone has a Dot, Fire just has the most.

Fire, Balance, and Death all have thier own heals, but Life has more and heals the most.

Anyone think i should put more examples? Schools borrow, it isn't such a big deal.

Last, my level 32 Death wizard almost has the same health as my almost-legendary Storm, I think it's pretty self explanatory.

This is just my opinion, but I wanted it to be heard.

Amber Stormsong level 58 Diviner

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
fastgold202 wrote:
Even though i'm a myth i think davioto is right. (no offense storm wizards)storm wizards have bad accuracy and low health at least let them keep their power. :D


The problem is that Daviato is often complaining about higher level Storm wizards as compared to other higher level schools. For instance, he has mentioned having the waterworks gear on more than one occasion. With that gear, storm is arguably the MOST overall accurate school (and in fact can only fizzle on storm and fire spells and even that could be overcome with pet talents making them effectively fizzle proof) with a high amount of global resist, the highest gear damage boosts and critical chance.

What EXACTLY are they losing in terms of damage? Because Sirens wasn't released to live with the original damage? Because KI kept it line with VERY reasonable damage per pip for an attack all spell when balanced against the MOST after effects of any spell, let alone an attack all spell? I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
11
I tptally agree i'm not a storm but their right I always see only storm shields in PvP i hope KI hears you :-)

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
4
WHAT?!?!? i have to completely diasgree with you guys. Honestly storm is one of the best schools out there. First of all they just got supercharge which can easily turn a thundersnake int a huge hit. Secondly if storms are so upset about shieldage, all the have to do is learn ice all the way up to tower shield and the life up to absorb. This isn't hard to understand guys. If anything storm is moving forward. Balance is the one really going backwards. Honestly all storms have to do is just go with ice to tower then life to absorb maybe to satyr. Then they have heals and shields. I've seen a LIGHTNING bATS do 2000 with NO blade because his damage was so high. I saw his siren too. hit just about 10000 as he went into Zafaria with NO blades.Storms easily have it easy and if they had so hard of a time all they had to do was find someone to tag along with. Not that hard. I have a storm transcended that soloed all of the game even Zafaria because of the attacks. The life didnt matter because i could kill them easily. Plus with storm lord i could stun and i could shield. So i saved up my pips, while shielding. Then i used storm lord with max pips then used sirens and basically killed anything in sight. Storm was one of the easiest ones that i got transcended. So honestly i say storm cant complain and KingsIsle made them just right.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
4
i also forgot to mention first storms look at leviathan and look at fires rain of fire. Rain of fire does 1110 with no blades no nothing. Leviathan does basically that much with nothing. And storms are whining about it. LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED THERE! a lvl 58 spell did more then a lvl 68 spell amd storms are whining about how storm is the worst school? If anything storms should be jumping for joy. Leviathan was the most powerful 58 spell and sirens is the most powerful 68 spell and storms are whining? Seriously?!? You guys honestly have NOTHING to complain about. Lack of health? go learn tower shield and absorb you'll live almost forever! Lack of accuracy? there is a spell called accurate and precision and enhancements and so forth. Lack of shields? Like i said tower absorb and fortify there's even berserk and mend now in Zafaria that helps with healing of you have a friend to help. So like i said storms you. cant. complain.

2