Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Side Worlds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2011
I was thinking that school spells shouldn't require side worlds I was looking through my spells on my fire noticing that I didn't have my level 75 minion. I had Darkmoor on my mind and farming and stuff when i decided i needed a new pet. I was like well what better than the sun serpent pet? Puzzled when my teacher didn't have the quest I found out you needed to practically beat wintertusk. I didn't do grizzelhiem yet so i had to waste most of my time beating grizzelheim and wintertusk and i was so mad. Anyway school spells or pets shouldn't require side worlds.

Thanks -Aaron ThunderBreeze level 100 wiz

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
They make you have to do side worlds because it is meant as a challenge in the quest to get the spell. Most people on their first wizard (like me) probably made this mistake. So if you make a new wizard that gets that far, make sure to do Grizzlehiem/Wintertusk earlier.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
ash0421 on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
I was thinking that school spells shouldn't require side worlds I was looking through my spells on my fire noticing that I didn't have my level 75 minion. I had Darkmoor on my mind and farming and stuff when i decided i needed a new pet. I was like well what better than the sun serpent pet? Puzzled when my teacher didn't have the quest I found out you needed to practically beat wintertusk. I didn't do grizzelhiem yet so i had to waste most of my time beating grizzelheim and wintertusk and i was so mad. Anyway school spells or pets shouldn't require side worlds.

Thanks -Aaron ThunderBreeze level 100 wiz
Why do you feel it was a waste of time? Wizard101 is all about doing quests. If you had done Grizzleheim at the appropriate level when you got the quest for it, you would not have had to backtrack. I'm glad the game devs have made prerequisites for some school spells and pet quests in the side worlds. It prevents players whose only goal is to speed through the game and reach max level from getting the same benefits which the true-blue, quest-loving players have put in lots of time to get.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
Yea I understand what your saying I'm in wintertusk now and i'm suppose to be in celestia but I wanted to get over with

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
nick the wiz on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
Yea I understand what your saying I'm in wintertusk now and i'm suppose to be in celestia but I wanted to get over with
That's the best point in the game to do Wintertusk, in my opinion. You get new spells and the crafted gear is the best available at that level. It makes Celestia a lot easier to solo.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I always do WT before CL, but pick up the Sun spells as soon as I can.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Prince of Shadows on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
I always do WT before CL, but pick up the Sun spells as soon as I can.
I do Celestia until I reach The Floating Land and then move on to Wintertusk.