Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Choosing

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
60
Darkness Guardian on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
Ok, I finally figured it out.... I have chosen Balance. I like Balance of its combination being able to shield all other schools, heal, and have a variety of attacks. Sure it may not do good when they go against balance itself but I have a storm secondary school to cover that. It has a good mix adding more blades, traps, and not to mention balance has precision to increase accuracy. Would have chosen myth though because I like its high to decent attack rating, decent accuracy, manageable health, and the mythology factor. As well as for balance I have around 7 attacks on my level 80 prediction deck.
Nah, nvm i'm doing Myth.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
36
I choose myth, because when you are outnumbered you can summon something and then hit with high level spells. Assuming you work at high levels. If not, just the minion thing.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2011
9
Little Dragon Spar... on Apr 21, 2013 wrote:
Well that depends on what you feel best suits you.
If you want the whole game to be hard, then choose fire.
If you want the game to be moderate, then choose balance, myth, death, or ice.
If you want the game to be easy, choose life or storm.

Hope this helps!

Nathaniel Redflame. (Please add if you see me!)
. XD then I choose the hardest path then but it's the best

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
60
To me its hard to choose. I'm trying to make exactly 5 characters so I don't fill up the last slot, what if I need to make a new character on purpose? I'm a person that focuses on damage and resistance. Fire to burn the heck out of things, Ice representing patience with high resist and health, Life has decent attack, normal resist, and good amount of health, and Death covers my part of fully enchanting a card and then soon enough being able to heal. So I was thinking about Storm but I don't know, I would hate to have to buy another set of stuff for it along with that accuracy. Myth has my focus on damage in their since its the third most powerful school in damage terms, and Balance has its Spirit and Elemental Shields, good attack, and decently high accuracy. Though I had chosen Myth, I wanted to be able to fully demonstrate attacks still and not have to worry about monsters the same school even though I would really want to do Balance. Occasionally, If balance had to go up against it's own school it could use Hydra or Chimera. Think I have decided on something, I will try to test both of them all through WC and see which I like better.

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
60
I been thinking and as so forth it left Myth. Now I have one more choice to make as a last character. It will either be Balance or Storm. Now I know what your thinking most people would choose Storm but we got to face the facts on this: Storm has really high attack rating but low accuracy and health at the beginning and doesn't get a heal spell till near the end of the game, and Balance has perfect everything but when you go up against Balance in Azteca or somewhere it's really difficult for your basic attacks so it limits you on stuff. So, here is final question and debate, Balance or Storm?

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
1
Chigger14 on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
When you choose your own school, you want to get something that you think will help you a lot. I am going to tell you the differences in the schools.

1. Storm has really strong spells but you don't get very much life.
2. Ice gets a lot of life and it helps a lot. (I'm ice and I love it but this is just my own personal opinion.)
3. Death can damage and heal at the same time that helps really well.
4. Life helps a lot because it can help you heal others a lot easier.
5. Fire can help you a lot by healing and attacking with one spell.
6. Myth can summon a lot of minions which can help you a lot because it can save you a lot of money and you won't have to buy minions from the crown shop so often.
7. Balance can help you a lot when you get hydra and others like that. They actually cast different schools and the blades you get help a lot.
Balence!

Defender
May 03, 2009
151
Darkness Guardian on May 3, 2013 wrote:
I been thinking and as so forth it left Myth. Now I have one more choice to make as a last character. It will either be Balance or Storm. Now I know what your thinking most people would choose Storm but we got to face the facts on this: Storm has really high attack rating but low accuracy and health at the beginning and doesn't get a heal spell till near the end of the game, and Balance has perfect everything but when you go up against Balance in Azteca or somewhere it's really difficult for your basic attacks so it limits you on stuff. So, here is final question and debate, Balance or Storm?
I say balance. It has healing spells, spells that do damage of other schools (your enemy doesn't know which school your going to attack with next), and good health, accuracy, and O.K. attack.

Storm is super strong but has bad accuracy and bad health. I leave the strong schools to my brother for two reasons:

1) He is very patient and knows when to attack and to keep trying even though you fizzed 17 times in a row
2) I can laugh at him every time he fizzles

So, I would choose balance, but that's just me.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
267
crackerjack323 on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
Dont do balance, you'll come to realize that balance has no converts making fights against balance bosses darn near impossible
Yeah, but you can get treasure cards. I would go wqith balance because there are not many balance bosses. Plus, judgement can do a lot of damage. You can get a lot of damage for balance. I have 74 damage. ALmost storm damage. You can get 41 resist for all schools and pretty good accuracy

Cole Dunerunner Lvl 90 Promethean Sorcerer
Lord of the Falling SKy

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
185
Now I have a question. Should I still be life? Or what's more fun and interesting? I am really interested in Storm, Death, and Fire.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
923
Balance rocks. It is the best "plays well with others" school hands down but a balance/death or balance/fire can solo just about everything in the game.

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
60
Zlyxer on May 4, 2013 wrote:
Now I have a question. Should I still be life? Or what's more fun and interesting? I am really interested in Storm, Death, and Fire.
Well, It depends. Life, in my opinion, is one of the best schools. People say life's attack rating is horrible however I disagree. Life has decent to good attack rating, very high accuracy, and very high health. With this school you won't have to learn a secondary healing school: Best combo for life is life and death. I do agree with the schools your interested in Fire and Death. I like Fire since I always burn the heck out of enemy's and death has a lot of enchanting spells such as blades and traps as well as the "Steal and Heal" strategy. Storm though... be careful on that one don't mistaken it for its amount of power over everything else. If you have to put schools in damage terms the order will be from high to low: Storm, Fire, Myth, Balance, Death, Life, and Ice (I may have gotten Balance and Death mixed up).

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
15
Darkness Guardian on Apr 23, 2013 wrote:
Well, that depends. If you want a school with good accuracy, ton of health and accuracy, but not much power then go with Ice. Life has moderate damage and health with really high accuracy. Though I wouldn't be in your situation since I chose both I think personally you choose Ice since it is the only school that can withstand a fight longer and take a lot of damage. Plus in PvP they are a pain to kill.
Hey, i don't know what to choose, myth or ice myth is very good at pvp and moderate damage cool spells and moderate health but i think myth will be hard in the higher worlds like celestia, etc.and ice is good at pvp, cool spells, good health and sometimes ice does a lot of damage an they dont have trouble in the upper worlds so if you can tell me i would ipreciate it sry if i spelled that wrong.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
61
Wolf ironside on Apr 10, 2013 wrote:
If you want to work alone at a low level I'd choose myth. If there was a life option I'd go with life because it is very easy to work alone, But myth is as well. I do not have a Myth I used to, And it was easy working alone because you get minions at low levels So if there was more options in solo classes i'd think i would still go with myth, at a low level you get minions also when you are a higher level the spells are epic. I hope i helped
I have myth. It is EPIC, but some people cannot play it well. That is beyond me.

GO !

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
60
Ok everyone I have news the school choosing has been shifting a lot and I came to a new conclusion. The order I plan on doing this for my characters is Fire, Death, Balance, and Life. A special thing about Life though I'm going to have another account active to help it with damage but theirs a slight problem. The option is between Storm or Myth?

Devin Starcaster Lv85
Angel Shadowwhisper Lv52
Blaze Titanwielder Lv90
Wolf Darkleaf Lv10

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
60
The Big Bang on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Hey, i don't know what to choose, myth or ice myth is very good at pvp and moderate damage cool spells and moderate health but i think myth will be hard in the higher worlds like celestia, etc.and ice is good at pvp, cool spells, good health and sometimes ice does a lot of damage an they dont have trouble in the upper worlds so if you can tell me i would ipreciate it sry if i spelled that wrong.
Myth you can either hit all enemies but really buff up Earth or Humongofrog; You can also just single hit the enemies.
It takes a while to master though it gets better. I know this because I learned how to master it. Ice is very defensive which can come in handy in later worlds along with its high health.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
252
Darkness Guardian on Apr 20, 2013 wrote:
I'm only gonna put the options between myth or balance. If I do storm I would have to waste more money buying crowns for some armor and life mastery amulet. Also one of the other main reasons I don't want to do storm is I don't want to ask for constant help like I have done a bit with my fire wizard. Balance has decent attack, health, and accuracy rating, but when you go up against balance itself your options are limited; Myth is has great attack rating, decent health and accuracy; the only part I don't like is the minions, they eventually don't become useful when you get to places like Celestia, Zafaria and so on. Plus as Balance my secondary's was going to be Storm and Life so I can have some more options in the long run.
Why are you so determined not to do storm?!

Destiny Windgem, level 42

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
60
Destiny Windgem on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
Why are you so determined not to do storm?!

Destiny Windgem, level 42
Its just the fact of its low defenses and health. I couldn't ever deal with it as Fire since i always needed help, I don't want to go through as Storm adding the fizzle rate to.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
90
you should probably use balance because even though balance has no prisms they still have spells like hydra,chimera,and spectral blast or if u wanna use balance why not just pierce them lol well that is my advise >:O (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
923
Darkness Guardian on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
Its just the fact of its low defenses and health. I couldn't ever deal with it as Fire since i always needed help, I don't want to go through as Storm adding the fizzle rate to.
Been mostly soloing the game and I'm now in AV, on storm. I've got waterworks gear, a wand with high crit block, and a pet with proof. My accuracy is 92-100% depending on pet and wand choice.

Everything else is just skill, and a little luck. But do not slag storm just based on level 1 battles in Unicorn Way.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
2
I would choose balance! I have just about every school wizard, but balance has been most easy and fun to work with. It has great fighting spells, which includes ones that target all like Ra and Sandstorm. It also has some healing which can come in handy. I find that i can do lots of fights independently which is great if no help is around. I hope this helped!

Survivor
Mar 29, 2011
1
I would choose balance it give you a mix of blades, shields, traps and more

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
Darkness Guardian said:

"I'm trying to make exactly 5 characters so I don't fill up the last slot, what if I need to make a new character on purpose?"

I wish I had made a wizard on a 2nd account ages ago:
- Its free for the initial WC quests. You can level up new wizards up to Lvl 10 pretty fast.
- You can activate your 2nd account membership and cancel your first membership. Then you are paying the same amount.
- When you cancel your first account you don't lose anything. You can always re-activate it later.
- You can still access your first account wizards. You just can't cruise the spiral.
- You can't shared-bank stuff between accounts, but you can transfer wealth through tc's.
- You can always have both accounts active for one-month stints.

Having wizards on two accounts opens up a world of possibilities that you can't achieve with a single account.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
2
james22105 on Apr 19, 2013 wrote:
life school is more funner cuz you can heal other wizards to
well life is a good school but don't you get tired of healing over and over again dont you care about your damage i met a life archmage he said she does not like healing he rather kill than heal( his opinion). well i switch account with a life legendary and i didnt really enjoy just healing others (my opinion)
depends on who you are i guess..............

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
60
Everyone, The Choosing has been moved over to School Choosing 2.0. Remember that this post is no longer up to date or the final.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
200
MythWizardForeves on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
i love both balance and myth and have had many troubles with them in the past here's my opinion

Myth: very easy in the beginning, but as you get to the higher levels you realize there are not very good attack all spells for higher level myth

Balance: medium difficulty most of the time, but you realize: oh, no! i have no prisms and i'm fighting a balance with great resist!
Now, don't get too hard on . I agree that they don't do a whole lot of damage, but if you get spells in Celestia, they work really well. I have a friend who is and with astral spells, he did 20,000 damage with a Medusa. Don't think is weak

However, I do agree that and are pretty hard
For example, I play the game and have tried all of the schools except (multiple accounts) and I must admit that and are a bit harder than the others. You can't do everything by yourself, but you can do a lot. If you go for , it is a lot like a marathon. They take a long time, but can stay in the fight. Similar to . and are sprinters. They can kill quickly and just power through. And then is just there. There isn't really a way to describe . They all are really good schools. Out of all of them, is the easiest and probably is the hardest.