Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Save the game

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 30, 2010
Somehow try to make the game mobile. More and more kids are getting phones instead of computers. Phones are cheaper and everyone can get one especially if the family is bigger. This is why games like Fronight is getting a lot of popular because it is on mobile.

Second make up to at least Krok free or more. This is an older game and not everyone wants to get membership if they think that all worlds might be like Wizard city. Plus older MOM will get more free to play areas they should be. I know a lot of people use crowns on this area but you did when the game was newer. To me if people saw Krok they might get membership more to go to marybones.

Finally more ads on youtube and other popular sites. This might get more money to the company and more players will make check it out. And it might get older players back into the game as they might have stop playing for whatever reason. Make new ads to with a players in different worlds go though each world like a slide show of the most popular fight or area (If the fight is a spoiler).

To me as a business person, I will see a lot more people join this commiuty. I want this to happen.

Administrator
God life wizard on Jan 16, 2019 wrote:
Somehow try to make the game mobile. More and more kids are getting phones instead of computers. Phones are cheaper and everyone can get one especially if the family is bigger. This is why games like Fronight is getting a lot of popular because it is on mobile.

Second make up to at least Krok free or more. This is an older game and not everyone wants to get membership if they think that all worlds might be like Wizard city. Plus older MOM will get more free to play areas they should be. I know a lot of people use crowns on this area but you did when the game was newer. To me if people saw Krok they might get membership more to go to marybones.

Finally more ads on youtube and other popular sites. This might get more money to the company and more players will make check it out. And it might get older players back into the game as they might have stop playing for whatever reason. Make new ads to with a players in different worlds go though each world like a slide show of the most popular fight or area (If the fight is a spoiler).

To me as a business person, I will see a lot more people join this commiuty. I want this to happen.
Greetings! Thanks for the thoughts on what direction you would like to see the game move in the future. We are always looking at ways of growing the community and player base, and the access levels for game entry. YouTube ads and videos are something that certainly can be done as well.

Please note that we had to remove a couple of sentences from your post for clarity and general moderation.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
God life wizard on Jan 16, 2019 wrote:

I like your ideas and about going mobile. I too think opening more zones free-to-play will be good for the game.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I have a thought that can really be good for the game's future. First i like to say, players get upset and complain when worlds and battles are too hard. When the worlds and battles gets nerfed, all these hardcore players get upset and complain that the game is too easy and boring causing them to stop playing. Here's my thought: What if Kingsisle adds another game Intensity Mode in the beging before you hit play? That way the casual players can have their fun by choosing the mode they want at the same time hardcore players will have their fun. I believe that will certainly bring people to the game and stay; once it's advertised. K I, can this be done?

Defender
May 30, 2010
Sparck on Jan 16, 2019 wrote:
Greetings! Thanks for the thoughts on what direction you would like to see the game move in the future. We are always looking at ways of growing the community and player base, and the access levels for game entry. YouTube ads and videos are something that certainly can be done as well.

Please note that we had to remove a couple of sentences from your post for clarity and general moderation.
Thank you for answering. Sorry about those sentences sometimes I get a little hot head and overexplain something if I really want it to be really.

I really wish that the game had the 2011 - 2015 players since this was the peck. I hope you take at least same of my ideas to heart.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sparck on Jan 16, 2019 wrote:

'YouTube ads and videos are something that certainly can be done...'
This would be amazing!

I always talk to parents and kids about W101 and I am yet to meet anyone who knew about it before I told them about it! Even if it is too expensive to put on TV adverts just having a cool advert online would allow us to all share it. We stumbled across W101 without knowing anything about it, on a random free games site. Fortunately my daughter downloaded it and gave it a try.

It was the beginning of us playing MMOs and enjoying the adventures of the Spiral! I'm so glad she clicked that download!

If the distribution rights don't prevent it, it would be cool to have the adverts you've used in the past put online too - I've only ever found a snippet of one and it looked amazing. I'd love to see them in full...and be able to share them too

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
I strongly agree with going mobile. That might be hard to actually make, but in the end it would pay off big time.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
icemaster95z on Jan 26, 2019 wrote:
I strongly agree with going mobile. That might be hard to actually make, but in the end it would pay off big time.
Lol. Questing in class. But I think it is a good idea.

Defender
May 30, 2010
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Jan 31, 2019 wrote:
Lol. Questing in class. But I think it is a good idea.
Fortnight is big and it is on Mobile so why not?

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
God life wizard on Feb 4, 2019 wrote:
Fortnight is big and it is on Mobile so why not?
Never said it wasn’t a good idea.... ( it’s fortnite not fortnight )

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
The entire pet system is a huge turn off, It’s a vital part of the game that got coupled with a “deal breaker” game mechanic.

I’ve had to many friends get into the game only to find out that mini-games aren’t just some cute one time thing.
It get labeled as a kid game way to quickly, I’d consider the game to be timeless.. but forced mini-game content makes it impossible to argue this game has any hope for a mobile audience.

Pets should be trained through combat, food should be used to speed up and manipulate stat growth.

Also.. I don’t consider this game P2W but it would be labeled as such on mobile, any game that requires real money to obtain items/gear to preform on a higher level then the non-paying player will always be demonized for allowing quick and expensive shortcuts.

Because the game already has to fight against a market that would prefer a casual player, the company would have to dump money into creating a mobile version with a new strategy on making money off the casual players.
This would drain any focus on new content for the game and might annoy the die-hard wizard fans.

If this game wants to stay alive it needs to do something like runescape did, focus on what makes the game a timeless masterpiece and pander to the audience it has before jumping the large hurdle to mobile devices.

Death to the mini-games!

Defender
May 30, 2010
xrochimaru on Feb 27, 2019 wrote:
The entire pet system is a huge turn off, It’s a vital part of the game that got coupled with a “deal breaker” game mechanic.

I’ve had to many friends get into the game only to find out that mini-games aren’t just some cute one time thing.
It get labeled as a kid game way to quickly, I’d consider the game to be timeless.. but forced mini-game content makes it impossible to argue this game has any hope for a mobile audience.

Pets should be trained through combat, food should be used to speed up and manipulate stat growth.

Also.. I don’t consider this game P2W but it would be labeled as such on mobile, any game that requires real money to obtain items/gear to preform on a higher level then the non-paying player will always be demonized for allowing quick and expensive shortcuts.

Because the game already has to fight against a market that would prefer a casual player, the company would have to dump money into creating a mobile version with a new strategy on making money off the casual players.
This would drain any focus on new content for the game and might annoy the die-hard wizard fans.

If this game wants to stay alive it needs to do something like runescape did, focus on what makes the game a timeless masterpiece and pander to the audience it has before jumping the large hurdle to mobile devices.

Death to the mini-games!
I am just do pet training during double pet EX and do the dance mini game just press down until you fail 3 times. (It is very fast too since you only be get rid of 8 EX) Remember do Gardening too.