Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp "commander" robe compromise?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
this just crossed my mind after i saw a post about it in the ravenwood commons area. maybe this is already how it works and i'm an idiot, so please correct me if that's the case.

anyway, most of us don't pvp but some like the look of the robe for stitching. so my thought process was this:

those who want the robe for stitching can purchase it for 1000 arena tickets... though commander rank is still required to equip it (so if i stitch it to, for example, my darkmoor or kh crafted robe, i can equip it... but, unless i'm a commander, i can't equip the robe unstitched).

hopefully this makes some sense, at least.

-von

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
I'd Love this!, or maybe just have a crowns version that doesn't have stats?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
A better compromise would be to offer a stat free copy of the robes that's non-dyeable except at point of purchase.

That way it's looks are obtainable by all but it still requires PvP participation and doesn't depreciate the value of the rank locked item.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Dr Von on Mar 29, 2017 wrote:
this just crossed my mind after i saw a post about it in the ravenwood commons area. maybe this is already how it works and i'm an idiot, so please correct me if that's the case.

anyway, most of us don't pvp but some like the look of the robe for stitching. so my thought process was this:

those who want the robe for stitching can purchase it for 1000 arena tickets... though commander rank is still required to equip it (so if i stitch it to, for example, my darkmoor or kh crafted robe, i can equip it... but, unless i'm a commander, i can't equip the robe unstitched).

hopefully this makes some sense, at least.

-von
There have been many threads about this topic.

I still think it should be reserved for PvP Commander and up rankings only because it serves the purpose of having great stats for most players below level 50, looks nice and is as such, a reward for those who have worked to reach commander. As for boys, they've earned their "long cape" and girls have earned their "wings".

Kingsisle has the guardian outfit for all players in the crown shop with a similar design. I believe they created the guardian's outfit to make all players experience a unique style of the commander gear without achieving the rank.

Practice, practice, practice and you WILL succeed. I learned and so can you.

Plus, the commander robes are SO 2012 (lol jk) I like to see wizards with their own unique styles! I may have a commander, but he doesn't wear it. Just have it on mannequins.
Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 66 PvP Captain
(Currently questing doing PvP)

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
thelastdiviner on Mar 30, 2017 wrote:

I still think it should be reserved for PvP Commander and up rankings only because it serves the purpose of having great stats for most players below level 50, looks nice and is as such, a reward for those who have worked to reach commander. As for boys, they've earned their "long cape" and girls have earned their "wings".

Kingsisle has the guardian outfit for all players in the crown shop with a similar design. I believe they created the guardian's outfit to make all players experience a unique style of the commander gear without achieving the rank.

Plus, the commander robes are SO 2012 (lol jk) I like to see wizards with their own unique styles! I may have a commander, but he doesn't wear it. Just have it on mannequins.
I kinda agree and disagree yes pvp players have very well earned the robe and the stats when they get to commander the only reason I disagree is because boys can get a exact copy of the robe from the epic bundle during throwback Thursdays or if they got the bundle while it was still out while girls when they get a prestigious robe they get a princess dress that i rarely see anyone wear it's not really that fair that boys get a exact copy while girls get a almost exact copy I think it would be fair if there was a look a like robe with no stats then those who pvp would still get the stats and look and those who don't can still get a look besides look at people who make it to sergeant they get a spell that is almost completely resisted to stun players who don't pvp don't get it only why they can is in tc

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 30, 2017 wrote:
A better compromise would be to offer a stat free copy of the robes that's non-dyeable except at point of purchase.

That way it's looks are obtainable by all but it still requires PvP participation and doesn't depreciate the value of the rank locked item.
i'd be fine with this.

i think that's what they were going for with the archangel set but, let's face it, they look nothing alike.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
thelastdiviner on Mar 30, 2017 wrote:

...but what about people who don't pvp?

in the post i saw, the person wanted to stitch the robe, not equip it for pvp. most pve players (including me) have no interest in pvp and don't want to do it.

-the stats are useless for pve anyway, since pvp gear doesn't have mana.

-there is a crowns robe that came with some bundle years ago that is a carbon copy of the commander robe... at least if you're a boy wizard; i think that's what ki was going for with the archangel set but, let's face it, they look nothing alike.

-there's no point starting pvp if you're past level 50.

if you do that, all of your opponents will be warlords with perfect everything... my pvp days are long over, but even my level 40 pyromancer (my last baby wizard) used to face either warlords or grandmaster/legendary opponents almost exclusively.

unless you already have the elite gear, it's going to be very difficult to rank up. of course, you can pretty much buy your rank now~ just delete a wizard, buy the level 5 crowns set and a mastery amulet, and you've got an insta-warlord, no effort or skill required.

but

-if you think anyone with a full account would delete one of his or her characters just to get a high enough rank in pvp to get the robe, it simply won't happen. it doesn't make sense.