Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please remove resistances on NPC's

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
46
Hi Kingsisle,

I am a myth wizard currently with a quest to fight Meowiarty. Because Meowiarty has a huge resistance to my myth spells (The ONLY attack spells I have), it's impossible to beat him. He has 2,500 health and his resistance is around 80% which means he has about as much health as Malistaire for me. So for now I am leaving wizard101, but I will be checking this post in case Kingsisle sees it and removes resistances. If not, well, I'm out.

Explorer
May 07, 2011
95
...in case Kingsisle sees it and removes resistances...

Why don't we take out boosts as well? And why not the ability for enemies to gain power pips? And how about taking out (etc., etc.). They will never remove enemy resistances. It's part of the game, and it makes the game fun and challenging. So no, KingsIsle pretty much will never think about doing this. Sorry.

Alex DuskGlade, Level 69 Thaumaturge.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
158

Rulz,

If, for whatever reason, Myth Prisms arent working for you, I'd be willing to give u a hand with that dungeon.

Just let me know a date, time, and realm

(I'm only on in the evenings though..)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
Rulz99 wrote:
Hi Kingsisle,

I am a myth wizard currently with a quest to fight Meowiarty. Because Meowiarty has a huge resistance to my myth spells (The ONLY attack spells I have), it's impossible to beat him. He has 2,500 health and his resistance is around 80% which means he has about as much health as Malistaire for me. So for now I am leaving wizard101, but I will be checking this post in case Kingsisle sees it and removes resistances. If not, well, I'm out.

LOL
Sorry, you have to learn to work around fighting bosses in the same school. It's part of the game. You have a prism; use it...this is what it's for. You also had/have the option of a secondary school. Use that as well.
This resistance is not going to change. Perhaps this is not the game for you, but you should really give it a try using the tools available to you before giving up.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
15
Why remove the resistances? Everyone has prisms except balance.

Defender
May 24, 2012
199
That's why, when you get a training point, you're allowed to get a spell from another school. That way when you run onto someone like Meowiarty, you've got back-up. Or, like I had to do with, what's his name?, Fireguts? He's from the fire school so I had to put out my Wyldfire, +25, and a casting blade +25, and keep hitting him as fast as I could. Carrying another school wand helps too. I'm a fire wizard and I carry an ice wand. Those icicles come in handy and they don't cost any pips to cast. Don't know what you might want to use. I keep a wand from each school and change depending who I'm fighting. The point is you're supposed to grow and get stronger. Keep reading these posts. That's how I learned some tricks.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
128
I understand your frustration. But facing tough adversaries that are the same school as you is a part of the game.

It sounds like you play the game solo. This is designed to be a multi- player game at least at times.

The Best way to defeat them is to get help from others. Go in with others, ask people on your friends list or hang out there on crowded realms and see if you can hook up with someone.

Meowearty takes a long time to defeat, but there are people who will help with this type of quest.

Another, less appealing, option is to spend crowns on henchmen. If you only need them for the final battle, its not too bad money wise.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
315
Being friends, hire henchmen, ask for help, train new spells. There are many alternatives.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
Rulz99 wrote:
Hi Kingsisle,

I am a myth wizard currently with a quest to fight Meowiarty. Because Meowiarty has a huge resistance to my myth spells (The ONLY attack spells I have), it's impossible to beat him. He has 2,500 health and his resistance is around 80% which means he has about as much health as Malistaire for me. So for now I am leaving wizard101, but I will be checking this post in case Kingsisle sees it and removes resistances. If not, well, I'm out.
There are prisms for a reason.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
12
Rulz99 wrote:
Hi Kingsisle,

I am a myth wizard currently with a quest to fight Meowiarty. Because Meowiarty has a huge resistance to my myth spells (The ONLY attack spells I have), it's impossible to beat him. He has 2,500 health and his resistance is around 80% which means he has about as much health as Malistaire for me. So for now I am leaving wizard101, but I will be checking this post in case Kingsisle sees it and removes resistances. If not, well, I'm out.


Why don't you use your myth prism spell? The prism spells made for a reason. It changes the myth damage into storm damage so the attack does more damage. Also, do you have a team because a team will really help in that dungeon.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
43
martin580 wrote:
Rulz99 wrote:
Hi Kingsisle,

I am a myth wizard currently with a quest to fight Meowiarty. Because Meowiarty has a huge resistance to my myth spells (The ONLY attack spells I have), it's impossible to beat him. He has 2,500 health and his resistance is around 80% which means he has about as much health as Malistaire for me. So for now I am leaving wizard101, but I will be checking this post in case Kingsisle sees it and removes resistances. If not, well, I'm out.


Why don't you use your myth prism spell? The prism spells made for a reason. It changes the myth damage into storm damage so the attack does more damage. Also, do you have a team because a team will really help in that dungeon.


Yeah, use the easy to use, 0 pip cost, highly useful prism, its basic wizard101, literaly (pun inteneded).

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
46
Guys, I can only have a max of 4 myth prisms which is hardly enough to kill him
:(

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
864
Okay, lets take out boosts if we are suddenly taking out resist.

I disagree, you can always use treasure cards, ask for help and there is always myth convert.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
8
wizard8083 wrote:
Why remove the resistances? Everyone has prisms except balance.


this is very true i am balance and i fight balance people all the time i either use my side schools (death and storm) which i don't very often but sometimes i do or i call in some backup from my friend and if none of them are on or are doing something else i do side quests till they someone can help me or i keep switching realms if its a dungeon cause people do lots of dungeons and dude use prisms be happy you have prisms cause balance doesn't :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
Rulz99 wrote:
Guys, I can only have a max of 4 myth prisms which is hardly enough to kill him
:(

Not true at all. Hit him with the prism, use your trap (and get treasure card traps as well if possible) AFTER putting the prism on him. Use your blade. Use your highest level spell that you have. Repeat.
I also recommend getting a Storm wand in case he shields up, and also to do extra damage.
You will need shields and pixies, but it can be done.
And remember, you do have a secondary school. Use those spells. And make sure you have a storm pendant loaded. (the bazaar)

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
225
RavenLady777 wrote:
Rulz99 wrote:
Hi Kingsisle,

I am a myth wizard currently with a quest to fight Meowiarty. Because Meowiarty has a huge resistance to my myth spells (The ONLY attack spells I have), it's impossible to beat him. He has 2,500 health and his resistance is around 80% which means he has about as much health as Malistaire for me. So for now I am leaving wizard101, but I will be checking this post in case Kingsisle sees it and removes resistances. If not, well, I'm out.

LOL
Sorry, you have to learn to work around fighting bosses in the same school. It's part of the game. You have a prism; use it...this is what it's for. You also had/have the option of a secondary school. Use that as well.
This resistance is not going to change. Perhaps this is not the game for you, but you should really give it a try using the tools available to you before giving up.


LOL well said

Defender
May 19, 2012
191
Just for the record, prisms are really pretty useless because the monsters they are intended for always throw up a shield for them anyways, giving them just about as much protection against the school prisms convert to as their own high resistance. You might get lucky and get in a hit on the boss without a shield once in a great while.

Secondary schools are probably the best way to go.

I know with my storm wizard, there was one fight where all I put in my deck were life spells (that is her secondary) and a bunch of heals and I managed to beat the boss. I couldn't have done it using storm because the boss kept shielding for myth and had high resistance to storm. I needed all the heals because the boss was relentless on his attacks, beating her to a pulp. It took a long time because of how many pips she needed to be able to cast the big life damage spells, but I won in the end anyways. It is possible, but extremely challenging. Who doesn't like a good challenge though?

Explorer
May 10, 2009
58
KI will never do this. It's been part of the game for too long. Try using prisms. If that won't work for you, bring a couple friends in. Good luck.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
144
RavenLady777 wrote:
Rulz99 wrote:
Hi Kingsisle,

I am a myth wizard currently with a quest to fight Meowiarty. Because Meowiarty has a huge resistance to my myth spells (The ONLY attack spells I have), it's impossible to beat him. He has 2,500 health and his resistance is around 80% which means he has about as much health as Malistaire for me. So for now I am leaving wizard101, but I will be checking this post in case Kingsisle sees it and removes resistances. If not, well, I'm out.

LOL
Sorry, you have to learn to work around fighting bosses in the same school. It's part of the game. You have a prism; use it...this is what it's for. You also had/have the option of a secondary school. Use that as well.
This resistance is not going to change. Perhaps this is not the game for you, but you should really give it a try using the tools available to you before giving up.


There is always a solution: in this case teamwork! As someone in the post above me said: we would be glad to help you if you are having difficulty.
However, if you think that resistances are bad, they are part of the game! You are like me battling the jabberwock: he is hard, but you must find a way to defeat him.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
323
There are scores of strategies that can get you through that. From friends to henchmen, etc.
Easiest is to put down your prism BEFORE he puts down a storm shield. That way your spell goes right by his shield.
Also, one easy way around that shield is to carry pierce tcs in your sideboard. That is all that mine is loaded with.
If he puts up a shield before you can put a prism down, pierce it. Then make sure you buff your attacks as much as possible.
You should also train reshuffle, for boss battles that require a long duel.
I have two in my deck, and discard the first one.
Good luck,
Chris Nightwraith
Transcended Necromancer
WCP

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
Rulz99 wrote:
Hi Kingsisle,

I am a myth wizard currently with a quest to fight Meowiarty. Because Meowiarty has a huge resistance to my myth spells (The ONLY attack spells I have), it's impossible to beat him. He has 2,500 health and his resistance is around 80% which means he has about as much health as Malistaire for me. So for now I am leaving wizard101, but I will be checking this post in case Kingsisle sees it and removes resistances. If not, well, I'm out.


You were given prisms for a reason~ use them. And, if you don't, you'd best learn how or you'll never make it to Dragonspyre.

A quick tutorial:

Every school has an opposing school~ up until the end of Dragonspyre, here's how they roll:

Ice v. Fire
Life v. Death
Storm v. Myth

This means that:

Ice prism~ converts Ice damage to Fire.
Fire prism~ converts Fire damage to Ice
Life prism~ converts Life to Death.
Death prism~ converts Death to Life.
Myth prism~ converts Myth to Storm.
Storm prism~ converts Storm to Myth.

If you are Myth, use your Myth prism~ that way, the next Myth attack you throw in Meowiarty's direction will convert to Storm; because Storm attacks boost against Myth bosses, your attack will do more damage.

(Just make sure he doesn't have a -80 Storm shield up~ all enemies have these, and spam them frequently. To solve this problem, buy a Storm wand~ the strikes from that will take away shields, without destroying your blades/traps or converts.)

This is how Val (my necromancer) took Malistaire out, by himself. Sure, it helps that Death doesn't shield against Life... but, since Malistaire spams Weakness like it's his job, I had Val carry a Life wand, to avoid losing blades/traps and keep my strategy intact.

Hope this helps, and that you come back to the game~ enemy resistances are an awfully-silly reason to quit for good. Go and make a Balance wizard, then get into a same-school fight... you'll be grateful for your prisms after that, I promise. ;)

Hope this helps!

El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
13
Rulz99 wrote:
Hi Kingsisle,

I am a myth wizard currently with a quest to fight Meowiarty. Because Meowiarty has a huge resistance to my myth spells (The ONLY attack spells I have), it's impossible to beat him. He has 2,500 health and his resistance is around 80% which means he has about as much health as Malistaire for me. So for now I am leaving wizard101, but I will be checking this post in case Kingsisle sees it and removes resistances. If not, well, I'm out.


Goodbye then, resistances make the game challenging and more realistic. The game would be unbalanced without resistances, and you have prisms and secondary schools. Without resistances the game would be more unbalanced, and it'll NEVER happen. If your really going to quit the game because you don't know how to beat the game then you might as well leave.