Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Read(Especially if you are Life)

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
60
Hello, i am going to say right here up front that I DO NOT WANT TO START AN ARGUMENT! So please do not write any comments that may cause an argument.
I know many people either complain about being a life wizard, or they try to convice people that life is a good school. I am going to tell you something that might interest you. Life doesn't get a new attack spell for 25 levels!!! Do the math 58-33=25! Thats 25 levels with new healing or sheild spells. Now, it doesn't count meaning that they get a training point and get a storm or ice spell that is an attack spell but still. I am level 43 i think and i am tired of centar, seraph,big tree thing that i forgot the name of,and lepurcon(srry i do not know how to spell it). I cannot wait 15 more levels. KI i am not trying to be rude or something, but its kind of akward asking for my higher leveled friends help. It makes me feel...weak. I strongly dislike spending all my crowns for minions, i strongly dislike looseing pvp if the player isn't like 10 levels higher than me.
Now i am going to stop complaining and talk about the good stuff for those of you who are going to protest. Life is the best healing school. Life has an advantage on malistare. Life can be very helpful if you are dying or dead. Life has the ledgendary gnomest and forest lord. Life may be helpful in 4v4 pvp or any other type of pvp.
But my point is if you are a life wizard you have reasons to be mad and reasons to be happy for your school. Every school has its advantages and disadvantages. You can also comment on other schools disadvantages and advantages here to make you realize that life isn't a bad school or if you are another school you can post advantages and disadvantages abvout your and other schools.
Merry Christmas, Grace F., level 43, Life
Cya in the spiral!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
I am not here to start an argument either, just to point a few things out. First off, it's pretty clear you don't like being a Theurgist. If a support class like Life isn't your thing, try a defensive class like Ice or an offensive class like Storm. Second, yes, you do not get an attack spell for 25 levels. So, your best bet is this: Build pips, shield up, blade up, then spam Seraph and Centaur. Later down the road you get Forest Lord and Gnomes, so don't give up!

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
441
bushbaby123 wrote:
Hello, i am going to say right here up front that I DO NOT WANT TO START AN ARGUMENT! So please do not write any comments that may cause an argument.
I know many people either complain about being a life wizard, or they try to convice people that life is a good school. I am going to tell you something that might interest you. Life doesn't get a new attack spell for 25 levels!!! Do the math 58-33=25! Thats 25 levels with new healing or sheild spells. Now, it doesn't count meaning that they get a training point and get a storm or ice spell that is an attack spell but still. I am level 43 i think and i am tired of centar, seraph,big tree thing that i forgot the name of,and lepurcon(srry i do not know how to spell it). I cannot wait 15 more levels. KI i am not trying to be rude or something, but its kind of akward asking for my higher leveled friends help. It makes me feel...weak. I strongly dislike spending all my crowns for minions, i strongly dislike looseing pvp if the player isn't like 10 levels higher than me.
Now i am going to stop complaining and talk about the good stuff for those of you who are going to protest. Life is the best healing school. Life has an advantage on malistare. Life can be very helpful if you are dying or dead. Life has the ledgendary gnomest and forest lord. Life may be helpful in 4v4 pvp or any other type of pvp.
But my point is if you are a life wizard you have reasons to be mad and reasons to be happy for your school. Every school has its advantages and disadvantages. You can also comment on other schools disadvantages and advantages here to make you realize that life isn't a bad school or if you are another school you can post advantages and disadvantages abvout your and other schools.
Merry Christmas, Grace F., level 43, Life
Cya in the spiral!
life isnt meant to be good at attacking. it is meant to heal others who until a certain lvl (58 ) do the attacking for them. life is extremely difficult to solo any world. to make it quicker have a team of people helping them while the life keeps them from dying.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
137
centaur is a rank 6 spell and you get it at 33, so technically it was made to work better for life students

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
247
Do you have a second school of training? I think there is a reason why your first school is free, and they give you training points. Personaly, I have a fire and life charater and a life and myth charater. That still does excuse the fact that there is a large gap in between spells. I just realized this needs moved to the lab.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
78
I solo'd the entire game with my Life Wiz with little to no help. It takes time but you'll get there and it's worth the wait when you get spells like Gnomes! and Forest lord. Heck, I'm even (that rank after Knight but I forgot the name).

Luke LifeSword, Transended Thurgist
Nicholas StormBlade, Magus (almost Master) Diviner

Survivor
Nov 03, 2010
11
Hi! I am Katie Dawneyes, level 23 Fire wizard. I find this school very useful if you are one to fight by yourself. I am a member, so I have the fIrezilla card, and that might contribute to my power, bit I still Have Meteor Strike, Heck Hound, and Sun Bird as a few of my good spells. The only bad thing I have to complain about is that we are not very good at healing ourselves, others, or reducing damage as fire wizards, We are more the " Let's hurt this person as much as possible with 1 spell!", you know what I mean? I started to think about maybe opening another wizard and becoming myth because they can summon minions, but I still believe fire is the best school in Ravenwood :) . BTW, I am not trying to argue about that last statement:) Well, bye-bye! Add me as a friend anyone!

Merry Christmas, Happy Haunakah, and Happy Kwanza!!!
Katie Dawneyes
Level 23 Fire wizard
Member

Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
34
bushbaby123 wrote:
Hello, i am going to say right here up front that I DO NOT WANT TO START AN ARGUMENT! So please do not write any comments that may cause an argument.
I know many people either complain about being a life wizard, or they try to convice people that life is a good school. I am going to tell you something that might interest you. Life doesn't get a new attack spell for 25 levels!!! Do the math 58-33=25! Thats 25 levels with new healing or sheild spells. Now, it doesn't count meaning that they get a training point and get a storm or ice spell that is an attack spell but still. I am level 43 i think and i am tired of centar, seraph,big tree thing that i forgot the name of,and lepurcon(srry i do not know how to spell it). I cannot wait 15 more levels. KI i am not trying to be rude or something, but its kind of akward asking for my higher leveled friends help. It makes me feel...weak. I strongly dislike spending all my crowns for minions, i strongly dislike looseing pvp if the player isn't like 10 levels higher than me.
Now i am going to stop complaining and talk about the good stuff for those of you who are going to protest. Life is the best healing school. Life has an advantage on malistare. Life can be very helpful if you are dying or dead. Life has the ledgendary gnomest and forest lord. Life may be helpful in 4v4 pvp or any other type of pvp.
But my point is if you are a life wizard you have reasons to be mad and reasons to be happy for your school. Every school has its advantages and disadvantages. You can also comment on other schools disadvantages and advantages here to make you realize that life isn't a bad school or if you are another school you can post advantages and disadvantages abvout your and other schools.
Merry Christmas, Grace F., level 43, Life
Cya in the spiral!


Hmm i am life too

good things
can heal/have awesome power pip%/has good attack after 58(or i do xd)
bad things
base attack lowest/having a lot of healing spells(no room for attacks)

thats all i can thick of bye

Explorer
Sep 21, 2008
61
Brings up very good points. ^ I think considering a new attack life spell would be a good idea.

Maybe meeting it half way and having 12-13 levels without a new attack spell instead of that many levels.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2636
Ok to start out I know it may seem like we get the short end of the wizards wand but I Mary Star Gem lvl 70 Life Wizard am here to tell you if you learn how to work it you can beat solo almost everything in the game.

Around Mooshu I started to get the hint that maybe a bit of pip boost would make it so I can crank that horse out faster and what if I went to Death School and added Feint to him for the bosses? I packed my deck tight with only the spells I would need to get though mob fights of 3 at the most and then fixed it a bit for boss fights, in DragonSprye I stepped it up since I was getting more pips and went to Niles for the Balance Blade. I run with no shields, don't need them my life is high enough for me to go in kill it and get out with not that much of a loss.

WaterWorks I prefer to be last because I hate the cheating bosses but in any other regular fight or one I am asked to help I am in the Sun spot meaning I run in first and always have, I blade and trap and hit. Not to be a complete non life wizard I do put 2 Sprites, 1 Satrye and 1 Rebirth in deck, if you get low I will spare the 2 pips for a Sprite but really didn't every one get them for their deck? In short people don't ask me to a fight to life them they ask me to kill it.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
564
Life is okay for me. I think that they had two attacks in a row to make up for this. You could always have a secondary school if you really want another attack though.

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
bionaknight wrote:
..If a support class like Life isn't your thing...


(I know you didn't intend to offend, @Bioaknight.)

I adore being an all-powerful and nearly immortal Theurgist, but I loath being called "support class".

Iridian, my first wizard, is also my most powerful wizard in many ways. She soloed the majority of the game, except for the final bosses of each world, Waterworks, Warehouse, and TotH. Iridian is one tough, blue-haired, brown-eyed girl. She can heal an ailing friend with a 2500+ Satyr, and then cast Gnome for 7000+. She can play defense, offense, heal, or all three at the same time. Support class, she is not.

I love theurgy so much that my 6th (and last) wizard, Taryn Earthsinger, is a Theurgist. I chose to end where I started, with my favorite school of magic.

"Unlike other magic, which relies on summoning, coercing or beseeching, Life Magic harnesses the power of the Song of Creation to create something new. Scholars believe that Theurgy channels the tapestry of music from which the Spiral was created, and that in echoing portions of the great symphony, a Wizard can bring forth and create Life where none previously existed." http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/School_of_Life

Warmest Wishes for the Season,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver/Taryn Earthsinger, Theurgists


Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
Life is the school of healing. They heal themselves and their teammates so that they can survive and heal while a Storm, Death, or Fire wizard dishes out damage. You can make a really good group of four with 1 Ice wizard, 1 Storm, 1 Life, and 1 Balance and a good group of 3 with 1 Life, 1 Balance, and 1 Storm or Death. Life, like Balance, was really made to be with a group. If you are someone who likes to solo or can't find a reliable group, use Storm or Fire to give some good attack power.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
107
hanable33 wrote:
bushbaby123 wrote:
Hello, i am going to say right here up front that I DO NOT WANT TO START AN ARGUMENT! So please do not write any comments that may cause an argument.
I know many people either complain about being a life wizard, or they try to convice people that life is a good school. I am going to tell you something that might interest you. Life doesn't get a new attack spell for 25 levels!!! Do the math 58-33=25! Thats 25 levels with new healing or sheild spells. Now, it doesn't count meaning that they get a training point and get a storm or ice spell that is an attack spell but still. I am level 43 i think and i am tired of centar, seraph,big tree thing that i forgot the name of,and lepurcon(srry i do not know how to spell it). I cannot wait 15 more levels. KI i am not trying to be rude or something, but its kind of akward asking for my higher leveled friends help. It makes me feel...weak. I strongly dislike spending all my crowns for minions, i strongly dislike looseing pvp if the player isn't like 10 levels higher than me.
Now i am going to stop complaining and talk about the good stuff for those of you who are going to protest. Life is the best healing school. Life has an advantage on malistare. Life can be very helpful if you are dying or dead. Life has the ledgendary gnomest and forest lord. Life may be helpful in 4v4 pvp or any other type of pvp.
But my point is if you are a life wizard you have reasons to be mad and reasons to be happy for your school. Every school has its advantages and disadvantages. You can also comment on other schools disadvantages and advantages here to make you realize that life isn't a bad school or if you are another school you can post advantages and disadvantages abvout your and other schools.
Merry Christmas, Grace F., level 43, Life
Cya in the spiral!
life isnt meant to be good at attacking. it is meant to heal others who until a certain lvl (58) do the attacking for them. life is extremely difficult to solo any world. to make it quicker have a team of people helping them while the life keeps them from dying.


Hey I just want to say I am right there with you. I mean I hated that as well. I had to get another friends to help me because I was bored trying to do it on my own or it would just take so long. My advice would be to still play and get to your card. While forest lord is not as strong as other schools cards it will help with the game as you go up. A negative is that until you get to that lvl I would skip pvp fighting because other schools will have an advantage over you.

*also*

If you have not spend your training points, I would suggest you train ice up to tower shield, and death up to feint. That will help you as you move through the game.

As to the comment about life people a defensive school or just a healing supporting role, that is a misconception and simply not true at all. No one would want to be a life if that was the case. I can tell you as a life I am one of the leading attacking people as a life when I fight just have to know how to go about attacking. Just recently when I was in Zafaria I had other people from schools such as storm and fire ask me how I was hitting 5k with a blade and a bubble with forest lord (if you critical) which is a lot. I focus on attack primarily and then healing.

So far I have found out this actually helps people rather than just life healing. If a life can attack like the others, from what I have found out, people on my team actually lose less hit points then when life is a defensive person. It also makes it easier to heal them and I do not have to heal them as often. I think other life people have noticed this as well. When I watch other life people play the game now, they attack about as much as they heal themselves and others. That is a big change from how life people were before when they did play that defensive role. If someone is struggling or my team is I know when is the right time to heal or what my next move should be. The times are changing and other schools do not want to accept it that life is just as powerful as any of the other schools now.

Blake NightWraith

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
17
Ok first of all i would like to say that i love being a life wizard. Healing is great and building up traps and blades can get you some decent damage. The second point I would like to make is that you should get a powerful school like storm as your second school. I chose to learn death which was not the smartest idea. Now i am learning fire so it helps. My last point is you have such good accuracy that its easy to attack again and again without a fizzzle. One question; did you find your life trap yet?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1309
My first wizard was Life. Because I did not have the friends I do now, I soloed almost the entire game with her--that includes all the DS towers before they were shortened and had wisps added to them. I also soloed the Labyrinth with that wizard.

As a life wizard gains in levels, their gear starts having higher power pip chances giving them the ability to rapidly attack with seraph and centaur along with a quick fairy to heal.

If you are having problems playing the Life school then maybe that school is not for you.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 70 Life

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
60
hi im back! and im here to say something. i did the begining tutorial again and it said nothing about life is meant to heal. :D and i am still in mooshu and i am level 43!!!!And i have friends but they are not on alot. But i started in 2009 i think when it first started and so it only went to ds. And i stopped playing for 1-2 months but that was like during the summertime when we go to all these places and go to camp and see relitives ect. And besides i never said anything about strongly disliking my school. I love life! Sure sometimes i would like to be a little more powerful but doesn't everyone? Maybe its just me. Maybe im bad at video games. Maybe i should sell all my consols and games on ebay and quit wizard101 forever! :Pi will have money!!! :D But i don't because its not about your school or anything its about having fun and enjoying yourself! You wizards are not getting it. i was trying to say(in my previous post) that all schools have disadvantages and advantages. And i am pretty sure that half of you didn't read that last part! Now i did read most of the replies and some of you did get it but others didn't.
Merry Christmas,
Grace F. level 43,life
Cya in the spiral

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1625
bushbaby123 wrote:
Hello, i am going to say right here up front that I DO NOT WANT TO START AN ARGUMENT! So please do not write any comments that may cause an argument.
I know many people either complain about being a life wizard, or they try to convice people that life is a good school. I am going to tell you something that might interest you. Life doesn't get a new attack spell for 25 levels!!! Do the math 58-33=25! Thats 25 levels with new healing or sheild spells. Now, it doesn't count meaning that they get a training point and get a storm or ice spell that is an attack spell but still. I am level 43 i think and i am tired of centar, seraph,big tree thing that i forgot the name of,and lepurcon(srry i do not know how to spell it). I cannot wait 15 more levels. KI i am not trying to be rude or something, but its kind of akward asking for my higher leveled friends help. It makes me feel...weak. I strongly dislike spending all my crowns for minions, i strongly dislike looseing pvp if the player isn't like 10 levels higher than me.
Now i am going to stop complaining and talk about the good stuff for those of you who are going to protest. Life is the best healing school. Life has an advantage on malistare. Life can be very helpful if you are dying or dead. Life has the ledgendary gnomest and forest lord. Life may be helpful in 4v4 pvp or any other type of pvp.
But my point is if you are a life wizard you have reasons to be mad and reasons to be happy for your school. Every school has its advantages and disadvantages. You can also comment on other schools disadvantages and advantages here to make you realize that life isn't a bad school or if you are another school you can post advantages and disadvantages abvout your and other schools.
Merry Christmas, Grace F., level 43, Life
Cya in the spiral!


I have absolutely no problem with my Life wizard. My power pip chance is really high and my damage boost is ok for his level. Comparing the stats of Life to other schools would end up often as Life having the better. My Life wizards health is high (I am not even kidding, I do not know how his health is crazy even though his items give low health) and my healing boost is really good. I say that the best pet for Life is the Nice Dragon pet which gives the Guiding Light spell and also a Guiding Light amulet and the watchtower boots. I know, I keep a load of guiding lights, but that''s just how I like Life!

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
102
Life is a Patience School.

It definitely is not for everyone.

We can get really big hits, but we take longer to build them. If you want to get the thrill of the kill, you often have to run solo.

I've soloed everything except Tower of the Helephant thus far.

You do have to think differently to run a Life character well. When I run the big dungeons with the folks who have become my closest W101 friends, I build for attacks whilst keeping everyone alive, but often the enemies are dead either on the turn I would have made my one impressive attack, or on the turn before that. It's pretty consistent. I often feel like a Hufflepuff.

But you know what? Nobody dies on my watch. We usually exit the battle at full, or very nearly full, Health. Generally speaking, nobody has to even use a potoin bottle. Red Wisps are merely floating dungeon decorations.

The very rare exceptions are new players who repeatedly fail to follow instructions against complicated bosses like Sylster. I can fix one or two mistakes against Sylster without breaking a sweat because I'm that good at healing, but after eight Strong Ra in a row even I can be challenged to keep the party alive under that eternal Doom and Gloom -- healing pets helping or not.

If it bothers you that you spend most of your time running with a group of friends but rarely get the opportunity to show how good you are, then Life is probably not your best match. Or maybe you have made a poor choice in choosing your friends. Either way, if you find yourself disappointed with Life, I suggest you learn to run your Life solo, or put it down entirely, and get something a little more flashy to run with your friends.

The only glitz we get, honestly, is a really impressive heal, and both the value and the impressiveness of that skill has been largely taken away from us.

We keep our friends alive, and that is frequently our only reward.

Good enough for me.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
33
hello people of the spiral i am here to talk a out the ups and downs of the death school. yes we deaths are a very skilled school beacause we might not have the best like storm or ice or fire but we have a pretty good attack range and our acuraccy of 85% is not bad and only have a 15% fizzle window in battles so that is a ver good thing also to say we get sacrifice which is a very good spell for us and for other because especily if you have a boost on out-going and in-coming heals its worth loosing 250 life point to distribute 700+ heal points. and we also have many spells that attack while at the same time healing ourselves and that is a really good upside for any type of necromance weather they are a iniciate or a transcendant but to the down side i dont like the image the death school sets for their image. i am pretty sure that out spells show a very negative effect on the game. it looks like us necromancers are a gothic people. i like the spell but i think that the idead of a zombie poping out of the ground throwing a shovel at someone just to give you life if just a bit melo-dramatic ( spell descrobed hear was ghoul ) to recap on my post since most of ypou dont want to take all this time out your daily lifes i think the spells should be kept how they are being displayed now because we cant change the past and its just perfect at the current time since it is a fantasy and wizarding game but make sure to not draatise the whole idea of some spells to much because overall its a game people of all ages play even adults and to much fantasy is a bad thing even for a child leave in some drama for the spells and quest but just for the sake of it dont go out on a limb and add all your imagination into one subjest. be like a communistic community and distribute the imagination evenly but donr distribute the gold because that is our own hard work of the players

Ronan Darkshade lvl 61 necromancer currently working on zafaria

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
248
kewlgrl11 wrote:
Hi! I am Katie Dawneyes, level 23 Fire wizard. I find this school very useful if you are one to fight by yourself. I am a member, so I have the fIrezilla card, and that might contribute to my power, bit I still Have Meteor Strike, Heck Hound, and Sun Bird as a few of my good spells. The only bad thing I have to complain about is that we are not very good at healing ourselves, others, or reducing damage as fire wizards, We are more the " Let's hurt this person as much as possible with 1 spell!", you know what I mean? I started to think about maybe opening another wizard and becoming myth because they can summon minions, but I still believe fire is the best school in Ravenwood :) . BTW, I am not trying to argue about that last statement:) Well, bye-bye! Add me as a friend anyone!

Merry Christmas, Happy Haunakah, and Happy Kwanza!!!
Katie Dawneyes
Level 23 Fire wizard
Member


being a member has nothing to with firezilla unless you bought membership off card and got that pet with that spell. We can heal firt off link and power link heal and damage. i would like to point out this is why secondary was invented but i hardly use my life secondary because i can build a strong enough attack to kill before i die.

To point out fire's main weakness is we give you time to act with overtime damage storm is upfront and will kill fire takes a couple turns. But we have our overtime great for breaking shields in pvp now if you are like me and have a good boost where your upfront start off damage can do a lot(i have waterwroks gear) then it is pretty good and with efreet we can survive if the enemy has lot of pips and blades (example pvp against storm who about to levy or siren) fire is an attack all we can by comparison being second best attack only to storm

if you are a life i suggest train a second reliable school (fire and storm may fizz a lot in low lvl but in high lvl i have almost a hundred accuracy)
like ice or death

while i am at it gonna point out some others school strength and weakness

storm

well they have high attacks ad is a good school if you want to plow right through the game but they have low health and are generally easy to kill. But if they attack first without shields or like bosses with extremely high health in high lvl they have a good chance at getting your health down or killing you

ice

they have a lot of health,great resist, but their attacks are generally weaker then other schools they are not for you if you want to end a fight quickly they last things out more than killing upfront no offense to any ice who can

balance

their attacks dont do much damage and they rely on elemental and spiritual schools and have a strength of blading up other players and themselves also have a little bit of everything. but as for soloing i wouldnt recommend they are best in a group.

death

they have kinda low attacks not as strong as some but they can do damage getting half back as health and have a lot of traps and weakness they can even turn enemies against one another only thing is their b health is around fire's 3000-3500 in high lvl and they do a lot of damage to themselves for blades and pips and etc.

life

life is meant for healing and being with a stronger school to go through the game. They are hard to kill but have generally weak attacks. they are meant to sdo the game with maybe death,myth,storm,or fire friends

myth

you have to think. they can summon minions to help them in battle also they are the number one school for getting rid of blades and shields.
Their health i am not really sure they're the third strongest attack school also have they stun ability which is helpful. but they may have to double blade for orthrus and minotaur with first attack meant to break shields and second attack meant as the real attack

well this is what i have figured if anyone feels my info is wrong or there is something else feel free to say it but in a nice way and idk why i quoted some one in this

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
102
blaze552563 wrote:
life

life is meant for healing and being with a stronger school to go through the game. They are hard to kill but have generally weak attacks. they are meant to sdo the game with maybe death,myth,storm,or fire friends


I will open by saying that my Life character has soloed everything but Helephant Tower thus far. You say we weren't meant to solo, but prior to Life Mastery Amulets and healing pets (which are of course now mainstays in the game), I am having a hard time figuring out who would have been better suited to solo.

We very nearly have it all: Great accuracy, good damage, high rate of Power Pips, good healing, good health. Could do with more Resist. The only thing we lack for the first forty levels is a speedy one-punch attack. But we can keep ourselves alive whilst simultaneously building somewhat more slowly toward a very effective one-punch kill. I think that balances out quite nicely.

A thousand-point spell that doesn't fire is useless to me. Others accept the failing and that's okay for them.

But to the primary fantasy I keep hearing, that Life has generally weak attakcs, I laugh uproariously.

Okay, maybe not uproariously. We wouldn't want to be rude. :-)

My first Wizard, following the advice of the character generation quiz, was Ice. I could not wait to get my training points so I could get Leprechaun. Excellent odds to hit, better damage; Life quickly became the closest thing to a secondary school I had.

I was chasing Shield spells from each school so no particular secondary stood out, and in those days there were none of these newfangled Mastery Amulets so secondary schools seemed like a silly concept after you got to spells that cost 4 pips. What, four actual pips, regardless of the color? You're joking, right?

So much was I infatuated with the strength and reliability of those Life Spells that when I finally learned enough about the game to make my own choice, I started a Life character and never really looked back.

I have Balance, Ice, Fire, and Storm characters, and one I run with my family which is another Life Wizard. I am considering starting a second account so I can learn to think like a Death or Myth wizard, just to round out the W101 experience.

But my first love in this game is the Life Wizard, despite how badly the value of Life Wizards has been eviscerated by the introduction of Mastery Amulets, healing pets, and general-purpose gear which muddy the lines between schools.

I love how strong and reliable our attacks are, and as we work up our levels, our gear gives us options toward power pips, so we can whip out the stronger attacks faster; and the gear also boosts our natural damage bonus, making those already strong attacks even more so.

Our blades are, of course, the strongest out there, so our damage yield jumps pretty quickly once we finish Krok.

Of course, though the yield jumps quickly, the casting time does also. It takes four turns to put up Life Blade, Life Trap, Spirit Blade, and Spirit Trap. Just on odds alone, the Storm wizard will have finally gotten that spell to work by the time we're finally ready to pull the trigger.

So naturally, we learn to cast two spells to Storm's one, and though each attack is not at its full potential, in the end, our two hits do enough to kill quite effectively.

I have to hit it twice to kill it, but that's okay. I'm buying time for Mr. Storm Lord who, in true Storm Lord fashion, is on his third Fizz in a row. Again.

When I pull the trigger, I tend to hit. I'm okay with this.

I really do feel sorry for the poor Storm and Fire wizards in the early levels; without specialty gear from the Crown shop, they keep pulling the trigger and nothing comes out. They go on and on about our weak attacks, and yet all the while my two Leprechauns have definitely done more damage than zero; but we forgive the poor dears their little fantasy.

Also, the pity generated by watching them keep at it and and keep failing does make it easier to put up with the constant requests to pass, or don't kill the boss, which are generally tactically poor choices designed soley to make them feel better about their attack ability. The poor dears don't mean any harm, they just need some kaboom to compensate for their lack of ability to get a spell out the end of their wand while everyone else is at least hitting something.

Meanwhile, we are keeping the enemy honest with strong attacks whilst simultaneously managing to keep our friends alive -- no small task, given their poor Health and the fact that they seem to always forget to pack a Pixie in their deck.

Again, the pity of watching them try and try and try does make it easier to forgive their faulty impression that keeping them alive is somebody else's responsibility -- though, for reasons I haven't fully deduced yet, this seems to be more often a problem with Storm than Fire.

But let's be fair -- one can only sit back and go "Oooh!" when they finally get a spell off and watch as they obliterate whatever it was pointed at. It is unfortunate that many of them then take all the credit, laughing at the Life wizard who kept them alive while they Fizzed three turns in a row.

But that's okay. We know when they get up in levels they will finally get the accuracy up there, just as we finally get the one-punch damage up there. They will be largely rid of their noob pips, and we will have the ability to choose to be healers or strikers as needed, loading deck and gear to match the mission.

And for the Fire and Storm wizards who have proven themselves worthy of team play, they will be sitting right next to me in Water Works, cracking jokes, barely paying attention to the fight (except for the requisite "Blade One", "Blade Too", "Blade Tree"), as we crush Luska and Sylster for the umpteenth time with the kind of teamwork that only this game could engender.

But I have digressed. We were talking about the mythical concept that Life's attacks are generally weaker. lol

I've never really had to suffer the problem of weak attacks; some damage envy as we watch everyone else get Blades while we still plug our way through Krok with nothing but the Life Trap -- assuming we stumbled into it on Colossus, because nobody tells us it's there (Quest Potential, KI?).

And of course, our really strong attacks start to tarnish a bit on the shelves as we start getting all those healing and helping spells instead of any new attack cards for what seems to be somewhere just short of a thousand levels.

As everyone catches up to us, we just don't seem special in the attack department anymore (and let's not kid ourselves, it didn't last long, really), yielding even more comments about our supposedly weak attacks. Even whilst they watch a double-bladed Centaur take down yet another enemy.

But from the time we finish Krok, the problem isn't weak attacks. The problem is that they are slow to build.

And as is so often the case, we're so busy healing our friends that we don't get the opportunity to deploy all the Blades and Traps.

So our stuff goes off at lower strength, leading to the impression that our attacks are weak. They aren't weak when we solo, because we don't have to heal anybody else and there's no race to be the first one to show off.

There, we build and heal until we are darn well good and ready. And, with noone to see, we triumph.

Yes. Life is a Patience School.

- Stephen EarthMender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
195
Storm has the the worst accuescy(I think) Death has nearly no sheilds, Myth has no healing at all(I think) and the rest of the schools I never paid attention to(Blannce also has no healing I think)

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
195
You get second schools try Myth. It combines healing making you last longer then most people(and Life probably last longest in a dongeon) pulse the power of Myth's brudle...um... brudleness it would be an exlent match.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
marinersk wrote:
blaze552563 wrote:
life

life is meant for healing and being with a stronger school to go through the game. They are hard to kill but have generally weak attacks. they are meant to sdo the game with maybe death,myth,storm,or fire friends


I will open by saying that my Life character has soloed everything but Helephant Tower thus far. You say we weren't meant to solo, but prior to Life Mastery Amulets and healing pets (which are of course now mainstays in the game), I am having a hard time figuring out who would have been better suited to solo.

We very nearly have it all: Great accuracy, good damage, high rate of Power Pips, good healing, good health. Could do with more Resist. The only thing we lack for the first forty levels is a speedy one-punch attack. But we can keep ourselves alive whilst simultaneously building somewhat more slowly toward a very effective one-punch kill. I think that balances out quite nicely.

A thousand-point spell that doesn't fire is useless to me. Others accept the failing and that's okay for them.

But to the primary fantasy I keep hearing, that Life has generally weak attakcs, I laugh uproariously.

Okay, maybe not uproariously. We wouldn't want to be rude. :-)

My first Wizard, following the advice of the character generation quiz, was Ice. I could not wait to get my training points so I could get Leprechaun. Excellent odds to hit, better damage; Life quickly became the closest thing to a secondary school I had.

I was chasing Shield spells from each school so no particular secondary stood out, and in those days there were none of these newfangled Mastery Amulets so secondary schools seemed like a silly concept after you got to spells that cost 4 pips. What, four actual pips, regardless of the color? You're joking, right?

So much was I infatuated with the strength and reliability of those Life Spells that when I finally learned enough about the game to make my own choice, I started a Life character and never really looked back.

I have Balance, Ice, Fire, and Storm characters, and one I run with my family which is another Life Wizard. I am considering starting a second account so I can learn to think like a Death or Myth wizard, just to round out the W101 experience.

But my first love in this game is the Life Wizard, despite how badly the value of Life Wizards has been eviscerated by the introduction of Mastery Amulets, healing pets, and general-purpose gear which muddy the lines between schools.

I love how strong and reliable our attacks are, and as we work up our levels, our gear gives us options toward power pips, so we can whip out the stronger attacks faster; and the gear also boosts our natural damage bonus, making those already strong attacks even more so.

Our blades are, of course, the strongest out there, so our damage yield jumps pretty quickly once we finish Krok.

Of course, though the yield jumps quickly, the casting time does also. It takes four turns to put up Life Blade, Life Trap, Spirit Blade, and Spirit Trap. Just on odds alone, the Storm wizard will have finally gotten that spell to work by the time we're finally ready to pull the trigger.

So naturally, we learn to cast two spells to Storm's one, and though each attack is not at its full potential, in the end, our two hits do enough to kill quite effectively.

I have to hit it twice to kill it, but that's okay. I'm buying time for Mr. Storm Lord who, in true Storm Lord fashion, is on his third Fizz in a row. Again.

When I pull the trigger, I tend to hit. I'm okay with this.

I really do feel sorry for the poor Storm and Fire wizards in the early levels; without specialty gear from the Crown shop, they keep pulling the trigger and nothing comes out. They go on and on about our weak attacks, and yet all the while my two Leprechauns have definitely done more damage than zero; but we forgive the poor dears their little fantasy.

Also, the pity generated by watching them keep at it and and keep failing does make it easier to put up with the constant requests to pass, or don't kill the boss, which are generally tactically poor choices designed soley to make them feel better about their attack ability. The poor dears don't mean any harm, they just need some kaboom to compensate for their lack of ability to get a spell out the end of their wand while everyone else is at least hitting something.

Meanwhile, we are keeping the enemy honest with strong attacks whilst simultaneously managing to keep our friends alive -- no small task, given their poor Health and the fact that they seem to always forget to pack a Pixie in their deck.

Again, the pity of watching them try and try and try does make it easier to forgive their faulty impression that keeping them alive is somebody else's responsibility -- though, for reasons I haven't fully deduced yet, this seems to be more often a problem with Storm than Fire.

But let's be fair -- one can only sit back and go "Oooh!" when they finally get a spell off and watch as they obliterate whatever it was pointed at. It is unfortunate that many of them then take all the credit, laughing at the Life wizard who kept them alive while they Fizzed three turns in a row.

But that's okay. We know when they get up in levels they will finally get the accuracy up there, just as we finally get the one-punch damage up there. They will be largely rid of their noob pips, and we will have the ability to choose to be healers or strikers as needed, loading deck and gear to match the mission.

And for the Fire and Storm wizards who have proven themselves worthy of team play, they will be sitting right next to me in Water Works, cracking jokes, barely paying attention to the fight (except for the requisite "Blade One", "Blade Too", "Blade Tree"), as we crush Luska and Sylster for the umpteenth time with the kind of teamwork that only this game could engender.

But I have digressed. We were talking about the mythical concept that Life's attacks are generally weaker. lol

I've never really had to suffer the problem of weak attacks; some damage envy as we watch everyone else get Blades while we still plug our way through Krok with nothing but the Life Trap -- assuming we stumbled into it on Colossus, because nobody tells us it's there (Quest Potential, KI?).

And of course, our really strong attacks start to tarnish a bit on the shelves as we start getting all those healing and helping spells instead of any new attack cards for what seems to be somewhere just short of a thousand levels.

As everyone catches up to us, we just don't seem special in the attack department anymore (and let's not kid ourselves, it didn't last long, really), yielding even more comments about our supposedly weak attacks. Even whilst they watch a double-bladed Centaur take down yet another enemy.

But from the time we finish Krok, the problem isn't weak attacks. The problem is that they are slow to build.

And as is so often the case, we're so busy healing our friends that we don't get the opportunity to deploy all the Blades and Traps.

So our stuff goes off at lower strength, leading to the impression that our attacks are weak. They aren't weak when we solo, because we don't have to heal anybody else and there's no race to be the first one to show off.

There, we build and heal until we are darn well good and ready. And, with noone to see, we triumph.

Yes. Life is a Patience School.

- Stephen EarthMender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm


Wow. Just Wow. Stephen, thank you for the fabulous read.

Your friend and gratified Theurgist,

Iridian Shadowweaver

1