Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please change Scion of Life

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
K I Listen to your life main players! you already gave us too many reliable heals to depend on WE DONT NEED ANYMORE! With spells like pigsie, satyr and rebirth there is no real reason whatsoever, that a life needs a heal that cost 11 pips Its out right ridiculous. Change it into DAMAGE or some type of buff that supports damage like seriously this feels like the most less rewarding spell of all the schools and to come this far as a max level its just not fair at all. This ideology of not giving life damage spells was already lost after every spell that came after rebirth did damage so why stop there?
I can't stand the fact that i have this spell sitting in my deck and i never once used it to accomplish anything because i have pigsie that heals x3 better on a full team than a useless heal that only heals one person.Spark plz tell them to change this and happy birthday everyone

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1037
There's already 2 open threads about this topic on the same discussion. Why a new one?

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
303
angellifeheart on Sep 8, 2019 wrote:
K I Listen to your life main players! you already gave us too many reliable heals to depend on WE DONT NEED ANYMORE! With spells like pigsie, satyr and rebirth there is no real reason whatsoever, that a life needs a heal that cost 11 pips Its out right ridiculous. Change it into DAMAGE or some type of buff that supports damage like seriously this feels like the most less rewarding spell of all the schools and to come this far as a max level its just not fair at all. This ideology of not giving life damage spells was already lost after every spell that came after rebirth did damage so why stop there?
I can't stand the fact that i have this spell sitting in my deck and i never once used it to accomplish anything because i have pigsie that heals x3 better on a full team than a useless heal that only heals one person.Spark plz tell them to change this and happy birthday everyone
When a class (for any MMO) has too much healing, they cannot have the same or more damage. It causes a balance issue with the class.

I too play a life, most of the time solo. But at some point you have to except the fact that the life school’s weakness is their lack of damage. Every class has to have a strength and weakness or the class would be overpowering.

I wouldn’t be surprised if life didn’t get another significant damage spell for a long time. But as you said above it could have been possible to change the spell to a buff of some sort.


Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Blaze03554 on Sep 12, 2019 wrote:
When a class (for any MMO) has too much healing, they cannot have the same or more damage. It causes a balance issue with the class.

I too play a life, most of the time solo. But at some point you have to except the fact that the life school’s weakness is their lack of damage. Every class has to have a strength and weakness or the class would be overpowering.

I wouldn’t be surprised if life didn’t get another significant damage spell for a long time. But as you said above it could have been possible to change the spell to a buff of some sort.

Life weakness is their lack of damage Lets actually rephrase that. A life weakness is "NOT" lack of damage at max level at least not anymore. A life can achieve 120%+ damage even as much as 130% cap with those new packs boots like nimbari hoard packs or pay to win bundles wand. Life and ice stand in comparison with damage spells. Life weakness is the lack of global damage utilities which can now be access via brown spider recluse that gives 2 cards. There other main weakness is their base pierce which is lower than every other school in the game unless you got a mix of pay to win gears you won't be able to attain a decent 35%+ pierce with 120%+ damage. Damage overtime is another weakness of life because their only dot are one costing a shadow that does barely any damage(not even a real dot imo) and the other cost 10 pips. Life doesn't have a 5 pip dot which would help them alot, but at least they got an aoe equal to fire meteor in damage.

Now as it stands out its seems to me these gestures or ideologies are actually targeting the pvp concepts because if am correct, the stat you accumulate in pve will not present it self as a problem. So its seems once again a good spell is restricted for pve because of pvp. I doubt having a damage scion would make life broken that any other schools. Giving the fact that life has to use pips to heal am not sure why people think a life healing and hitting is a major problem, especially when are push in a corner to force healing. Once again the cases made against life is highly irrelevant and if your going to target stats maybe we should start paying attention to pay to win gears. Speaking of pay to win theirs a new boots coming that's going to significantly damage pvp now. I am not sure why ki decides to make these boots with 25% damage, 15% resist, 8%pip chance, and 100+ critical at the same time while having a whopping 900+ health and why not throw 7% outgoing in the mix as if the boots isn't already broken.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1037
Blaze03554 on Sep 12, 2019 wrote:
When a class (for any MMO) has too much healing, they cannot have the same or more damage. It causes a balance issue with the class.

I too play a life, most of the time solo. But at some point you have to except the fact that the life school’s weakness is their lack of damage. Every class has to have a strength and weakness or the class would be overpowering.

I wouldn’t be surprised if life didn’t get another significant damage spell for a long time. But as you said above it could have been possible to change the spell to a buff of some sort.

I agree with 100% of your post. I too can see a buff on Scion of life. Making it a hitting spell in a team battle is not the purpose for life wiziards. Otherwise Kingsisle would have made it so. I don't remember when but KI did mentioned they want to focus more on team play than soloing since we are now questing in harder worlds making Life wizards more useful the way they're created to be. I too play Life wizards who are now at level 130 except one. I love soloing with them. At the sametime I too have to accept the fact that Life is not a hiiting class when needed. That's what Team-up is for.. Complaining to the bosses who created the game will go nowhere except getting headahces. and frustrations.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 12, 2019 wrote:
I agree with 100% of your post. I too can see a buff on Scion of life. Making it a hitting spell in a team battle is not the purpose for life wiziards. Otherwise Kingsisle would have made it so. I don't remember when but KI did mentioned they want to focus more on team play than soloing since we are now questing in harder worlds making Life wizards more useful the way they're created to be. I too play Life wizards who are now at level 130 except one. I love soloing with them. At the sametime I too have to accept the fact that Life is not a hiiting class when needed. That's what Team-up is for.. Complaining to the bosses who created the game will go nowhere except getting headahces. and frustrations.
Ironic then i guess if every single complaint on the forum doesn't deserve any attention then what would be the purpose of a forum? Like seriously am soloing Hades atm on my life and i assure you life can hit. There is a significant difference between a power hitter and a hitter that needs blades to power hit. Scion of life isn't going to affect pve at all and i for one like to see myself hitting even when am with team. Again your case towards having damage spells just like the gentleman before you is kinda irrelevant at this point, especially when such case isn't a valid presented case. With spells like pillar and spiny one could argue a regular scion will do the same damage but now with life ability to actually attain more damage in pve as oppose to pvp without worrying about pierce, this would essentially help life alot.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
303
angellifeheart on Sep 12, 2019 wrote:
Life weakness is their lack of damage Lets actually rephrase that. A life weakness is "NOT" lack of damage at max level at least not anymore. A life can achieve 120%+ damage even as much as 130% cap with those new packs boots like nimbari hoard packs or pay to win bundles wand. Life and ice stand in comparison with damage spells. Life weakness is the lack of global damage utilities which can now be access via brown spider recluse that gives 2 cards. There other main weakness is their base pierce which is lower than every other school in the game unless you got a mix of pay to win gears you won't be able to attain a decent 35%+ pierce with 120%+ damage. Damage overtime is another weakness of life because their only dot are one costing a shadow that does barely any damage(not even a real dot imo) and the other cost 10 pips. Life doesn't have a 5 pip dot which would help them alot, but at least they got an aoe equal to fire meteor in damage.

Now as it stands out its seems to me these gestures or ideologies are actually targeting the pvp concepts because if am correct, the stat you accumulate in pve will not present it self as a problem. So its seems once again a good spell is restricted for pve because of pvp. I doubt having a damage scion would make life broken that any other schools. Giving the fact that life has to use pips to heal am not sure why people think a life healing and hitting is a major problem, especially when are push in a corner to force healing. Once again the cases made against life is highly irrelevant and if your going to target stats maybe we should start paying attention to pay to win gears. Speaking of pay to win theirs a new boots coming that's going to significantly damage pvp now. I am not sure why ki decides to make these boots with 25% damage, 15% resist, 8%pip chance, and 100+ critical at the same time while having a whopping 900+ health and why not throw 7% outgoing in the mix as if the boots isn't already broken.
I'm not going to start a debate here, but you have to understand that mixing healing with damage is a big deal.

The Life school's primary purpose is to heal. If you want a Life wizard for damage, you need to play your cards right. It is intended for Life to struggle to get damage out, just like Ice.

Ice, however, is known to tank and slowly build up their attacks. Just like Life is known to heal and slowly build up their attacks.

Pay to win? This is a different topic, so I am not going to get into that.

Bottom line, the Life school has way too much healing to be given any more significant damage. You said it yourself, "A life can achieve 120%+ damage even as much as 130% cap with those new packs boots like nimbari hoard packs or pay to win bundles wand." If this is achievable by Life, then there is no way that the Life Scion will be converted to damage.


Defender
Mar 09, 2018
144
Blaze03554 on Sep 12, 2019 wrote:
When a class (for any MMO) has too much healing, they cannot have the same or more damage. It causes a balance issue with the class.

I too play a life, most of the time solo. But at some point you have to except the fact that the life school’s weakness is their lack of damage. Every class has to have a strength and weakness or the class would be overpowering.

I wouldn’t be surprised if life didn’t get another significant damage spell for a long time. But as you said above it could have been possible to change the spell to a buff of some sort.

You may be forgetting the fact that such a sorry spell like Wings of Fate exists. If that was an actual AOE I'm almost 100% positive not as many people would be complaining right now.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1037
JewelKI on Sep 16, 2019 wrote:
You may be forgetting the fact that such a sorry spell like Wings of Fate exists. If that was an actual AOE I'm almost 100% positive not as many people would be complaining right now.
Agreed, If any Life spell needs to be fixed it's Wings of Fate. The way the spell is created, how can life wizards use it successfully without upsetting the team who like using feints. As you said "if that spell was an actual AOE" then feint using players wouldn't end up fleeing on Life wizards during hard battles leaving them fighting by themselves causing him/ her to flee as well.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1037
angellifeheart on Sep 14, 2019 wrote:
Ironic then i guess if every single complaint on the forum doesn't deserve any attention then what would be the purpose of a forum? Like seriously am soloing Hades atm on my life and i assure you life can hit. There is a significant difference between a power hitter and a hitter that needs blades to power hit. Scion of life isn't going to affect pve at all and i for one like to see myself hitting even when am with team. Again your case towards having damage spells just like the gentleman before you is kinda irrelevant at this point, especially when such case isn't a valid presented case. With spells like pillar and spiny one could argue a regular scion will do the same damage but now with life ability to actually attain more damage in pve as oppose to pvp without worrying about pierce, this would essentially help life alot.
Irrelevant? Opinions vary. .Plus there's a differents between single complaints then letting it go and lingering complaints on the same issue muliple times plus on those who spoke just because one may not like what the other said. To answer your question, there're other purposes on a forum than compaints such as: asking for game advice, questions about the game from others and sharing thoughts and ideas without violating the Code of Conduct. If I have a bid issue on something I'll contact Costumer Support where I can get more help and info.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Blaze03554 on Sep 14, 2019 wrote:
I'm not going to start a debate here, but you have to understand that mixing healing with damage is a big deal.

The Life school's primary purpose is to heal. If you want a Life wizard for damage, you need to play your cards right. It is intended for Life to struggle to get damage out, just like Ice.

Ice, however, is known to tank and slowly build up their attacks. Just like Life is known to heal and slowly build up their attacks.

Pay to win? This is a different topic, so I am not going to get into that.

Bottom line, the Life school has way too much healing to be given any more significant damage. You said it yourself, "A life can achieve 120%+ damage even as much as 130% cap with those new packs boots like nimbari hoard packs or pay to win bundles wand." If this is achievable by Life, then there is no way that the Life Scion will be converted to damage.

A wise man once told me "ignorance is bliss". Lets recap on what i said and why i said that and ill give a better explanation of life school. First thing first the misconception of giving a school with no actually defensive utilities and relies on healing spells to survive (using pips) because apparently people believe heals are free? Also the other reason why i sincerely believe this idea of not giving life a damage scion seems more to reflect towards the pvp grounds than pve. Let me be clear by saying at max level 130 no school struggles with damage not even ice especially now. And the fact that ice got a huge damage buff through the sin-bad wand is immensely insane why? because they x 4 times the better utilities than life. Life aren't tanks they are fragile healers with no backed up utility spells such as equitable mantles, stuns, shields other than sets. Life Absorb are totally under-powered and the cost price of 3 pips is not worth a 500 absorb, this is because they aren't equal to that of a 25% tower-shield.

Life school are not overpowered schools in fact giving the option to switch into offense or defense in gears does not limit nor push them to a state where they can be define as "broken, that's because one of life main weakness is not having any useful utilities and they are generally force to heal when push in a corner which uses up their pips to do damage. "drawing from a pvp reference" when a life isn't able to get a good heal or wasted 4 pips on a satyr that probably didn't critical the way they wanted they literally gave up a good ton of playing moves not becuase they wanted to but because they are forced too. Again life aren't tanks they have nearly the same resist as a storm 55% plus and can only be pushed further through pay to win gears.

My point on the whole scion of life scenario is that the heal for the pip cost is a total waste considering spells like rebirth and pigise exist. I did stated that you can cast pigsie 3 times for the price of scion of life and heal 3 times better towards an entire team than one person. Its just not a spell that fits a healing description. That's literally all am saying.

Survivor
May 06, 2013
10
this is getting amusing. Me reading all the posts. I'm gonna say something that needs to be said then i'll move on. If you don't like the pick of spells given to you, you don't have to use them. If you don't like the way a school is designed for your needs, play a different school. If you need help questing or pvping join a team. No one is making you play other than the way you want. I see 2 people disliking Scion of Life. People do the talk but not the walk after the talk meaning not practicing what they preach and going back on their own works. Who are we to judge what school is broken and what not. Ki made this game not us. they know what they are doing. I have an idea why not get a few 1000 signatures saying we think Scoin of life is unfair and give it to KI. then you might get your wish.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1037
I'm going to put this to the test to see if people on this thread really want Scoin for a healing spell or they don't want to spend 4 or 5 rounds to get 11 pips. How about this, the only logical change that make sense to Scoin of Life to be a shadow spell: at least 1 shadow pip, 7 pips or 1 shadow, 8 pips with buff as a heal spell. But I'm still going to say Life needs a stronger AOE. Forest Lord is now out of date for arc 3 questing now going to arc 4.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
jetlightning on Sep 18, 2019 wrote:
this is getting amusing. Me reading all the posts. I'm gonna say something that needs to be said then i'll move on. If you don't like the pick of spells given to you, you don't have to use them. If you don't like the way a school is designed for your needs, play a different school. If you need help questing or pvping join a team. No one is making you play other than the way you want. I see 2 people disliking Scion of Life. People do the talk but not the walk after the talk meaning not practicing what they preach and going back on their own works. Who are we to judge what school is broken and what not. Ki made this game not us. they know what they are doing. I have an idea why not get a few 1000 signatures saying we think Scoin of life is unfair and give it to KI. then you might get your wish.
First and for most let me say that everyone has a preference when it comes to choosing what school they enjoy playing. I don't believe anyone should just switch off a school they been playing for a while just because they were left out when everyone got a spell for their schools that became very helpful. Secondly i don't think is justify able enough to assume I dislike the school base off one spell, in fact i enjoy playing life as support more than you think. There are reasons why changes are coming towards the pvp section even though that's been in discussion for quite sometime. I do agree with drawing a poll on whether to keep scion of life as it is or changing it to a damage, i can guarantee that most life would prefer damage over heals especially those who already have pigsie. I mean i literately asked most of my life main friends the same question and they all said its useless heal for 11 pips.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 18, 2019 wrote:
I'm going to put this to the test to see if people on this thread really want Scoin for a healing spell or they don't want to spend 4 or 5 rounds to get 11 pips. How about this, the only logical change that make sense to Scoin of Life to be a shadow spell: at least 1 shadow pip, 7 pips or 1 shadow, 8 pips with buff as a heal spell. But I'm still going to say Life needs a stronger AOE. Forest Lord is now out of date for arc 3 questing now going to arc 4.
I still wouldnt find it useful because again we already have enough heals as it is, and that has been clear. Draw a poll on weather it should be a Healing still or Damage. Life doesn't need a stronger aoe because forest lord is already strong enough, infact myth has been complaining about not having a 8 pip damage aoe for questing xd even though they got mystic at 100. Being that said the only change to forest lord needed is the animation its needs to be faster becuz it has nearly the same casting time length as the old lulu, the damage is sufficient enough.

Champion
Sep 30, 2018
493
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 18, 2019 wrote:
I'm going to put this to the test to see if people on this thread really want Scoin for a healing spell or they don't want to spend 4 or 5 rounds to get 11 pips. How about this, the only logical change that make sense to Scoin of Life to be a shadow spell: at least 1 shadow pip, 7 pips or 1 shadow, 8 pips with buff as a heal spell. But I'm still going to say Life needs a stronger AOE. Forest Lord is now out of date for arc 3 questing now going to arc 4.
Also a futher note its not about spend 4 or 5 rounds to get 11 pips, Its litterally spending 4 or 5 rounds to get a better heal off in those rounds like pigsie while being able to save other rounds to do something else meanwhile if ur in a solo battle or pvp match its getting off a scion for the one shot just like any other school.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1037
jetlightning on Sep 18, 2019 wrote:
this is getting amusing. Me reading all the posts. I'm gonna say something that needs to be said then i'll move on. If you don't like the pick of spells given to you, you don't have to use them. If you don't like the way a school is designed for your needs, play a different school. If you need help questing or pvping join a team. No one is making you play other than the way you want. I see 2 people disliking Scion of Life. People do the talk but not the walk after the talk meaning not practicing what they preach and going back on their own works. Who are we to judge what school is broken and what not. Ki made this game not us. they know what they are doing. I have an idea why not get a few 1000 signatures saying we think Scoin of life is unfair and give it to KI. then you might get your wish.
Well said and welcome to the message board.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
144
jetlightning on Sep 18, 2019 wrote:
this is getting amusing. Me reading all the posts. I'm gonna say something that needs to be said then i'll move on. If you don't like the pick of spells given to you, you don't have to use them. If you don't like the way a school is designed for your needs, play a different school. If you need help questing or pvping join a team. No one is making you play other than the way you want. I see 2 people disliking Scion of Life. People do the talk but not the walk after the talk meaning not practicing what they preach and going back on their own works. Who are we to judge what school is broken and what not. Ki made this game not us. they know what they are doing. I have an idea why not get a few 1000 signatures saying we think Scoin of life is unfair and give it to KI. then you might get your wish.
Scion of life is in huge controversy as barely anyone in the life school will use it. There are multiple threads on the spell, however it will not be changed. This was the same with wings of fate. Wings of fate had threads apon threads stacking and stacking about how life is treated very unfairly, and they are.

You say "If you don't like the pick of spells given to you, you don't have to use them. If you don't like the way a school is designed for your needs, play a different school."

What is wrong with sticking up for a school that you love?? A school that is being neglected? A school that is going insanely downhill? I as a life wizard, know that this is by far my favorite school. it still is, however it's my favorite because I loved the concept of it. I like playing support, however I love pvp, and I love going solo. So no, that sentence you made to please KI, was irrelevant. Ice and Balance is broken to me, but does that mean I want to play that school?? It doesn't.

To sum it up, everyone wants scions fixed for good. I mean, they did tease us by hiding a 4 pip aoe into a pack that people spend money on because they practically need the spell for farming. Which is very sad to think about if you truly do think about the fact we complained about not having a 4 pip aoe for almost 10 years.

*Moderation - Edited out personal attacks and derailing of topic's main point.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
144
I'm coming back here to also mention the fact I just learned that you can't revive a player with scion of life....... Is this a bug? If you use scion of life on a dead player, it will just skip your turn. The spell should just be changed in general, but probs wont happen.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
7
Pouffy on Sep 26, 2019 wrote:
I'm coming back here to also mention the fact I just learned that you can't revive a player with scion of life....... Is this a bug? If you use scion of life on a dead player, it will just skip your turn. The spell should just be changed in general, but probs wont happen.
You're right, Sparck just responded to me on it and i'm quite confused by it.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
602
I've got to agree that am I also super peeved by scion of life. I can't see myself using it besides for show since it's just so inefficient.. 11 pips to heal just one person? And it doesn't heal that much anyway considering the high damage done in empyrea... Of course, I would have greatly preferred a hit, but maybe if it was like an updated rebirth with some other benefits there wouldn't be as many complaints about it. It's a shame life keeps getting the short end of the stick since it's a pretty versatile school to play, but I guess we gotta make due with what we get.