Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Petition to speed up Khrulhu

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
KI got explicit feedback that this spell was too slow when test realm was out, but I can't see that much has been done to improve the speed on this particular spell. Therefore, I'm issuing a petition to remind developers that the players weren't happy. Sign below or comment if you agree.

I appreciate what the developers have done to speed up most of the spell animations in the past, and hope the developers will do something to bring this spell on par with other AoE's. (I've met many people farming Darkmoor who know this as "the slow spell." They don't even call it Khrulhu.)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
Lucas Rain on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
KI got explicit feedback that this spell was too slow when test realm was out, but I can't see that much has been done to improve the speed on this particular spell. Therefore, I'm issuing a petition to remind developers that the players weren't happy. Sign below or comment if you agree.

I appreciate what the developers have done to speed up most of the spell animations in the past, and hope the developers will do something to bring this spell on par with other AoE's. (I've met many people farming Darkmoor who know this as "the slow spell." They don't even call it Khrulhu.)
yeah, I still think it's kind of clumbsy still. Those millipede things that summon it get washed out in the wake of the whirlpool and the squid bobbing into the water then coming back up slow down the kewl feel of it. Why not just have it spin around like Crow does? Not only doesnt it take away from the feel of it, but it would speed it up slightly.

This is all my 2¢ USD, feel free to disagree

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
58
Its my favorite spell but i don't like how slow it is its kinda annoying

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
222
A petition? I don't think a petition is needed at all. They probably will have it slowed down soon or later. However I do agree.

Geographer
Sep 19, 2013
839
Just have it function like the boss AoEs, which hit everyone at once. It will also look cooler.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
143
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
67
Robobot1747 on Dec 6, 2014 wrote:
Just have it function like the boss AoEs, which hit everyone at once. It will also look cooler.
yup thats the fix also fix bone dragon spell look plz xD make it look like mount does

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
379
Yes, agreed. The spell has amazing damage and an interesting design, but as most others would agree with me, its speed is what kills it. This is my signing off on this "petition."

Best of luck!
~Shannon Skybreaker

Explorer
Aug 01, 2013
51
Yes am death and i love the spell but kingsisle please speed it up a little more ok thank you.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
Sure, it takes a while to complete but I happen to like it. I'm normally not in that big a hurry to do something else that I can't wait an extra 20 seconds or so to watch the outstanding animation for this spell. Also, I figure that since it's more or less based on "The Great Old Ones" from the H.P.Lovecraft Cthulhu Mythos, those guys basically invented time so why should they be in any hurry?
No signature from me.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
68
ac3z on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:
yup thats the fix also fix bone dragon spell look plz xD make it look like mount does
I agree! It looks more like a dead cow than a dragon.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
176
I agree with this. Even though it's a beautiful animation, I don't want to watch it over, and over, and over again. It gets redundant. I'm trying to fight battles, not watch long animations the whole time.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2009
7
I am death and although the animation is awesome it's way to slow.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
17
Agreed. I think it should be shortened too. Other spells have worked well by hitting all targets at once so why not make all multi hit spells work the same. Even spells like frost giant and forest lord or ra simply take too much time for example. I think it would freshen things up to have spells do random animations as well such as having a more powerful looking animation for when we get a spell critical.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
67
Swayyy on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
I agree! It looks more like a dead cow than a dragon.
Lol it really does i knew i wasnt the only one who didn't like that spell animation make it look like mount and pet plz xD

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
113
Nope love this spell as is. is it a tad slow? maybe. However the animation is so gorgeous on this one. think it would be a pity to slow it up all that much.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
Lucas Rain on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
KI got explicit feedback that this spell was too slow when test realm was out, but I can't see that much has been done to improve the speed on this particular spell. Therefore, I'm issuing a petition to remind developers that the players weren't happy. Sign below or comment if you agree.

I appreciate what the developers have done to speed up most of the spell animations in the past, and hope the developers will do something to bring this spell on par with other AoE's. (I've met many people farming Darkmoor who know this as "the slow spell." They don't even call it Khrulhu.)
I got to agree the spell way to slow i in battle and when someone cast it i feel like my screen got frozen or something

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
18
OMG I totally agree, it may look cool but it takes wayyyy too long and is very annoying when it's spammed in pvp

Marcus Stormblood lvl 100
Gabriel Liferunner lvl 100

Survivor
Mar 09, 2014
40
TucsonWizard on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
Sure, it takes a while to complete but I happen to like it. I'm normally not in that big a hurry to do something else that I can't wait an extra 20 seconds or so to watch the outstanding animation for this spell. Also, I figure that since it's more or less based on "The Great Old Ones" from the H.P.Lovecraft Cthulhu Mythos, those guys basically invented time so why should they be in any hurry?
No signature from me.
I agree with you completely, besides! In pvp, your opponent gets to watch everything they created slowly get consumed and then die. Muahahaha!

Dakota ShadowForge lvl 62 Wizard

" Fear fuels Power, Power fuels Success, Success fuels Destiny."

Defender
May 09, 2010
180
Yeah, most people compare it with Ra, or Forest Lord. Both of those spells take some time, but i think Khrulhu takes the top. People often groan, " This spell takes years", and "Ugh, not this one!" I hear those phrases quite often. I think they could speed up the animation on the part where he comes out of the water, and the part where he takes health away. I Agree to your petition.

Blaze Stormmancer - Victor Of Kan Davasi

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
Aedan Nightstalker on Jan 10, 2015 wrote:
Agreed. I think it should be shortened too. Other spells have worked well by hitting all targets at once so why not make all multi hit spells work the same. Even spells like frost giant and forest lord or ra simply take too much time for example. I think it would freshen things up to have spells do random animations as well such as having a more powerful looking animation for when we get a spell critical.
I'm not sure I can think of any hit-all spells that hit all of the targets at once. In fact, that would be tough to implement if you take into considerations the different possible shields, traps, bubbles, inherent resistance factors etc. that each of the enemies might have. I also think the Forest Lord, Snow Angel, Rain of Fire and Ra spells are a bit lengthy but I'm sticking with my opinion on Khrulhu - I still love it.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2014
2
It has probably been explored before as a reason, but my sister pointed out that watching animations prolongs subscription time as it takes longer to get through worlds.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
18
TucsonWizard on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
I'm not sure I can think of any hit-all spells that hit all of the targets at once. In fact, that would be tough to implement if you take into considerations the different possible shields, traps, bubbles, inherent resistance factors etc. that each of the enemies might have. I also think the Forest Lord, Snow Angel, Rain of Fire and Ra spells are a bit lengthy but I'm sticking with my opinion on Khrulhu - I still love it.
That's not true, I'm a level 100 wizard and I have dueled morganthe plenty of times, and for others like me, you've all had the cheat used on you where she hits everybody at once with shadow.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
213
TucsonWizard on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
I'm not sure I can think of any hit-all spells that hit all of the targets at once. In fact, that would be tough to implement if you take into considerations the different possible shields, traps, bubbles, inherent resistance factors etc. that each of the enemies might have. I also think the Forest Lord, Snow Angel, Rain of Fire and Ra spells are a bit lengthy but I'm sticking with my opinion on Khrulhu - I still love it.
Malistaire's dragon in Castle Darkmoor hits everyone at once...

I agree the Khrulhu spell animation takes too long and should be shortened.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
The Wyrm Slayer on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
That's not true, I'm a level 100 wizard and I have dueled morganthe plenty of times, and for others like me, you've all had the cheat used on you where she hits everybody at once with shadow.
That's a boss hitting you - I'm talking about the player hitting the boss and his minions. I'm just saying that in a normal battle a player-cast spell will hit each enemy in turn, not all at the same time. All of this for the reasons I mentioned in the previous post. Some enemies might have shields up, others might have traps on them, and depending on school they all might have different inherent spell resistances. If the hit happened to all enemies at once we'd be in the dark as to why one enemy might have been more damaged than another and this info can be critical to know early in a fight especially if it's a first time fight with this particular boss. It's somewhat off topic and not worthy of further argument I just wanted to clarify my statement.