Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pause button

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
I know it is impossible with a MMO but wouldnt it be nice to have a pause button, all those times you had to go in the middle of an important dungeon or battle? no more "one more minute! " things.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
If we are listing things that we want that are "impossible" to have,I will set my sights just a bit higher. I would prefer to have an all-powerful genie who serves my every whim,and grants me unlimited wishes. :D

Explorer
Nov 07, 2009
I get where you're coming from. The number of times a dungeon has taken longer than I expected and I had to make people wait while I had dinner (actually that's only happened once, but it was still annoying). I think that if spell animations were shorter then duels and dungeons wouldn't last half the time, but the downside of this would be that the game would be over too quickly.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
I agree! But!.... I think it would be more simple if..... you paused it when you were alone, and it showed that you were offline.

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
I think when in battle, you can click on a pause button, making your screen clear of the countdown, cards, etc., and only showing the battle going on. If your battling alone, everything freezes inside your battle ring, but everything else happens around (e.g. players running/walking, other battles, etc.) If your in a two player or more battle, the word PAUSE in big letters will spin over your character, turning into the pause symbol '||' until you click play, then PLAY will appear and you will be back in battle. The other player(s) with you will continue battle normally, and skip your turn, but if all of you are on PAUSE then the battle is completely stopped until one of you returns. In a four player battle, two people have to be on play in order for the battle to keep on going. In a battle with three or less players, only one person has to be on PLAY for the battle to commence. Thoughts?

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
DouDou123 wrote:
...If your in a two player or more battle, the word PAUSE in big letters will spin over your character, turning into the pause symbol '||' until you click play, then PLAY will appear and you will be back in battle. The other player(s) with you will continue battle normally, and skip your turn, but if all of you are on PAUSE then the battle is completely stopped until one of you returns...

I think some folks would use this feature just to grief other players by intentionally going into pause mode right after jumping into their battles. Sure, some people do it anyway by joining in and not doing anything for the whole battle, or typing afk early on. But with this feature available it wouold be inviting even more of this behavior, and then you will have everyone crying out for a "kick from battle" feature. Then that will cascade into a plethora of other requests all to help band-aid the original problem...the in-battle pause feature.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
DouDou123 wrote:
I think when in battle, you can click on a pause button, making your screen clear of the countdown, cards, etc., and only showing the battle going on. If your battling alone, everything freezes inside your battle ring, but everything else happens around (e.g. players running/walking, other battles, etc.) If your in a two player or more battle, the word PAUSE in big letters will spin over your character, turning into the pause symbol '||' until you click play, then PLAY will appear and you will be back in battle. The other player(s) with you will continue battle normally, and skip your turn, but if all of you are on PAUSE then the battle is completely stopped until one of you returns. In a four player battle, two people have to be on play in order for the battle to keep on going. In a battle with three or less players, only one person has to be on PLAY for the battle to commence. Thoughts?

People would exploit it, if they were going to die you hit pause then the healer can save pips until they are ready to heal, which would make you end your pause.
So in retrospect it couldn't be done. Although I would like it for out of combat so people don't bug you wile you aren't there.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
If we are listing things that we want that are "impossible" to have,I will set my sights just a bit higher. I would prefer to have an all-powerful genie who serves my every whim,and grants me unlimited wishes. :D
oh my gosh :D me too!!!!!! :D