Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

orthrus

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 25, 2008
in next update, please make orthrus hit at least 590 to all enemies. I am a myth wizard, and i feel weak just having orthrus. No offence to KingsIsle (it is the best after all) but can you make orthrus hit multiple targets? (optional: and please make him put a myth ward on the enimies)

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Survivor
Oct 25, 2008
all wizards and administarators, please tell me how you feel about updating orthrus to hit all enimies (optional:and putting myth wards on the enimies).

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
if they did it should be around 550- 650 and they should change the pet to a minotaur or ninja pig, not really fair that it is only pet that gives lvl 7 card

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
Hero
May 19, 2009
That wouldnt be fair if orthrus hit all enemies, bc myth already has 2 spells that hit all, why would they need a third?

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
That wouldnt be fair if orthrus hit all enemies, bc myth already has 2 spells that hit all, why would they need a third?

Why wouldn't you want him to hit all enemies? It would only help you in battles and wouldn't hinder your progress. I haven't reached that level yet, but from what I have seen and heard, the lvl 48 myth spell is weak compare to other schools.

Hero
May 19, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:

Why wouldn't you want him to hit all enemies? It would only help you in battles and wouldn't hinder your progress. I haven't reached that level yet, but from what I have seen and heard, the lvl 48 myth spell is weak compare to other schools.

most of the schools have only 2 AoE spell

ice
blizzard
frost giant

fire
the ring of fire thing, sry dont know what its called
fire dragon

storm
tempest
storm lord

balance
sand storm
power nova

myth
humogofrog
earthquake

death
scarecrow

life(no AoE attack but they do have AoE heals)
unicorn
rebirth

so as you can see it would be unfair if orthrus attacked all enemies. you can read the topic "a new level 48 myth spell", which has a good idea on how to fix this by making the orthrus the level 42 spell and making the level 48 spell a more powerful earthquake

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
The guy who responded by saying myth shouldnt have a 3rd "hit all enemy" spell because it already has two.
Yeah, what about fire. It has meteor strike, scald, and fire dragon. so there

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Well, I know this is an old thread but I think it deserves a little more attention by KI.

I had a Myth wizard that was level 47 at one time, I deleted her because Myth became way too hard once you hit DS, I mean I really struggled with her the whole time there and always had to rely on others too much(which I HATED)...I mean it wasn't even fun to play her anymore and was more frustration and work than one would want in a game.

A friend had even made me Orthrus treasure cards and I had used them a few times, so it wasn't like I never even tried that.

Earthquake isn't much of a AoE, guys. I mean it has a purpose, but it's purpose isn't so much to kill or even cause damage...rarely can you rely on it to do much damage. It really is more for removing shields and blades and such from your enemies, which is more useful for PvP as most creatures don't shield quite THAT much to have call for this. So I wouldn't call that a fair AoE compared to other schools that do have more AoEs that cause real damage.

The Frog is ok up to a point but for the most, in DS, it's pretty much only good for "clean up." in other words; finishing off opponents.

All other schools get a big AoE, of some type, for level 48. Life's AoE is to heal, but it's a really great heal...I use it very often with my Life Grand.

So really Myth deserves and needs this change.

Because Myth is so weak at questing in DS I won't even have a permanent Myth wizard unless something is changed. I find Myth to be the least useful in helping out other wizards because of this weakness, so I don't see a purpose of keeping one around since I don't do PvP. I am running another Myth right now and this time I know, going in, she is just going to need a LOT of help once she reaches that level. I probably won't be keeping her after she hits Grand because of this weakness that Myth has. Not to mention just to hit that ONE opponent with Orthrus you have to do double the set-up with the traps. It's a lot of set-up for a spell that really isn't that impressive as far as damage and it being a spell that only effects one opponent. Other schools don't take near as long to set up and hit more than one opponent..

Also the person who mentioned Fire having a third AoE, they are right! So why shouldn't Myth have a third too? It would make the Myth wizard so much more worth having and keeping!

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Myth Should't have lvl 7 aoe spell because its not a "damage" school.

Myth school already have the advantage for breaking shields with multiple attack lika minotaur and earthquake thats removes ALL shields for ALL the enemies.

The "damage" schools are fire and storm, it is not fair that a school that can already removes all the shields for all the enemys have a massive and big damage spells, that why Myth school is cool, because it is more a strategy school, not pure damage like storm or fire

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
hello! i am myth to and i think orthrus is cool like he is now and we have earthquake that attack all enemies so i think we myth students only need that the blades of myth be of 40% like death and life that will make all spirit schools blades will be of of 40%

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
:may i say something fast plz. i truely think that earthquake is one of the most terribly underpowered and practicly useless spell in the game(behind donate power, I HATE THAT SPELL :x) for 6 pips you think it would do more. I mean 310 damage? ok even if it is to all enimies, humongo frog can do better :?, and really the only time that ramove shield thing is EVER useful(since myth sheilds/traps are removed before damage) is 1, if you are fighting with friend and a shield is blocking them, but myth is known as a soloing school because of all the minions so............. or 2, when you are fighting that sheild lady in dragonspire, but this is ONE boss. or 3 if there is a spirit sheild(granted this makes a good counter to rebirth) but only like 3 NPCs know spirit shield . ok so it is only slightly bad(rather then a complete waste of space in a deck) for pvp, but in 1v1 any spell they can use to weaken your spells will be taken out before damage is done. the only real occasion for a good shot is in 4v4..

ok so that wasn't to fast, i can rant a lot i guess

Survivor
Nov 26, 2009
I think cute little Orthrus is fine the way he is, although i do sometimes wish he had a third head like his brother Cerberus

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
You all complain about this 1 card, when it is great and you have tones of others, earthquake hits all and takes wards and blades, you also have frog, orthrus hits to times and minotaur so you can get around pesky shields, you can destroy traps on you, break the defenses shields with a 1 pip card, and i believe break a blade. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?!?!? myth be named supreme school and everyone join that school or be looked down appone?!?!? LIFE DOESNT EVEN HAVE 1 SPELL THAT HITS MORE THAN ONE ENEMY! so be greatful, besides you have 4 minions that can be used for great combos -.- and your pet gives a rank 7 spell

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
i agree, Orthrus being the best spell, deserves to hit more than one enemy, in a battle pvp, the healers always heal a million times, and thats fine, but what if they always use it, and what if there are more than one, just one hit wont do it. it should be made to hit all, and maybe twice each, or maybe, one head hits, the other casts a ward.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
To me, Myth has strengths in soloing and 1v1.

We are also good at hitting twice to get around shields.

There are already 2 myth spells to hit all enemies: Humongofrog and Earthquake.

So to me it seems reasonable that Orthrus was made the 7-pip spell, though I will say it could be made more powerful (especially since the Orthrus quest was harder than a lot of the other school's quests).

Amber Goldleaf myth 50

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
i think orthrus should do 3907 damage or at least 2000 something none of the myth spells do in the 2000's! please make it do that much damage and make it put a shield around the wizard that casts the spell!

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
shadowclaw28 wrote:
I think cute little Orthrus is fine the way he is, although i do sometimes wish he had a third head like his brother Cerberus
yes i think that is exactly what it should be a three headed dog not two headed!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
All I say is that Earthquake is probably the reason Orthrus is a single hitter and make it so traps are used on second attack so I don't use more time trapping. But, other then that, it is a pretty powerful spell.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
I personally think thats a really bad idea, it would severely overpower orthrus, I mean, COME ON, I am a grandmaster death wizard and our damage is WAY lower than yours is, and its our main source of healing, so you are complaining because an incredibley powerfull spell of yours isnt even MORE powerfull? I am getting really tired of all these people (even death wizards) complaining because they want kingsile to severely overpower their school, kingsile has carefully balanced the spells and the way each school works out nearly perfectly, if you people would take five minutes to LOOK at all the spells, then you would realise how great it is right now.

Fiona Starcatcher.
Grandmaster Necromancer.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Since we are on the subject of myth (I know there is someone else whining that myth should be deleted), I currently have 8 grandmasters, one in each school except for 2 in balance. I would rather use my myth guy than my balance guys, my life guy or my ice guy any day of the week. Use sanctuary! Its there for a reason, use it! I worked on Yeva SpiderKeeper in Crystal Grove to grab my grand myth hat, (that took 5 weeks of trying 7 days a week, but thats another story), and was able to use orthrus 2 times and take her out. She has 6,500 health if I'm not mistaken. I got enough spider silk from her to make my own leisure suit! For the math challenged, that is over 3,200 each time.
I went in with a thinned out deck, only a couple of death shields (she is death), blades, traps, feint and orthrus. She is a piece of cake.

Orthrus is fine as it is.

Angus Firehammer - Grand Myth

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
What i was thinking is that the lvl 42 spell could be a weaker orthurus, and the lvl 48 spell would be Cyberus.

Orthurus: 50 then 500

Cyberus: 450-650 to all enemies

Thats my idea!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
camowiz wrote:
I personally think thats a really bad idea, it would severely overpower orthrus, I mean, COME ON, I am a grandmaster death wizard and our damage is WAY lower than yours is, and its our main source of healing, so you are complaining because an incredibley powerfull spell of yours isnt even MORE powerfull? I am getting really tired of all these people (even death wizards) complaining because they want kingsile to severely overpower their school, kingsile has carefully balanced the spells and the way each school works out nearly perfectly, if you people would take five minutes to LOOK at all the spells, then you would realise how great it is right now.

Fiona Starcatcher.
Grandmaster Necromancer.

The reason death spells are not powerful is cause they heal! And I said that it takes forever to trap an Orthrus to be over powered and that this would make it harder for enemies to trap it. I have expereinced this multiple times trapping to make sure my hit kills, and then they cast there 2nd tower shield so I end up wasting more time in the battle. I have seen grand deaths do over 2,500 with limited blading/trapping.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
nlhf1995 wrote:
The guy who responded by saying myth shouldnt have a 3rd "hit all enemy" spell because it already has two.
Yeah, what about fire. It has meteor strike, scald, and fire dragon. so there

Because if you knew anything at all about the physics behind the fire school, they're meant to do damage over time, like ice with their high health, and storm with their quick attacks. Orthrus should be around, or at least less, than 540 because myth, if you look at all their cards, tend to be as weak as ice, so i still dont understand, i think all you myth people should be grateful you got off with such a high hitting card.