Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
64
Ice 120 damage per pip to all enemies

Shards of ice

A giant monster in a cave comes out with four, three,two,or one depending on how many enemies there are.m It throws the ice shards up they break on the ground causing them to hit the enemies and do the damage.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
64
Ice accuracy 100%
Split walls
Makes a frost beetle or another attack spell attack all enemies for 6 rounds
For example, I cast a frost beetle after I cast split walls it does 65 damage to all enemies

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
199
Oh brother i swear the fire spell is extremely weak efreet already does this you just made it weaker.Ok look i have a idea for you bro. Lava monster :Rank 9 fire: Does 1000 damage too all enemies adds a 55% fire blade too yourself.The ground cracks magma seeps up from the crack turns into a blob of lava it ignites and attacks all enemies.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
About Valkyrie: the fact that they live in Asgard doesn't make them "angelic" because 'angel' is a Catholic/Christian term. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
64
Life
Accuracy 90%
Spell name: Poison Ivy
A patch of poison Ivy comes up and spreads over the enemies half of the field. It hurts everybody on the enemies side 890-960
It shrinks and a patch of flowers comes up on the casters side.
It heals everybody one fourth of it.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
64
Rain forest Life Pips: as many as the caster has
90% accuracy
A patch of rain grows in the center of the battle field.
A forest then forms under it. A poisonous snake comes out of the forest and hurts the other side with its poisonous bites.
Then the forest goes away along with the snake.
Hurts all enemies 120 per pip :P


Delver
Dec 06, 2009
232
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
About Valkyrie: the fact that they live in Asgard doesn't make them "angelic" because 'angel' is a Catholic/Christian term. You're comparing apples and oranges.


Apples and oranges are both still considered fruit, are they not?

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
232
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
About Valkyrie: the fact that they live in Asgard doesn't make them "angelic" because 'angel' is a Catholic/Christian term. You're comparing apples and oranges.


Also, what happened to your other Topic, did it disappear or something?

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
232
gtarhannon wrote:
Here's one I was thinking about... a new star spell, cast on an enemy, called nullify. For 4 rounds it would nullify all gear bonuses (and only gear). In theory, you should be able to use it on bosses as well as an alternative to prisms. Bye bye high school resist! lol. Of course, they would be able to override it by casting another start spell on themselves, since you can only have one at a time anyway. :D But still, I smell a new strategy.


That is a very unique idea, I really like it!! :D It will totally contribute to the overall strategy in the game, nice idea

-Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturgist

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
2
dunno if anyone has come up with this idea...but what about hydras aunt Medusa? instead of fire ice and storm, myth death and life same stats as hydra.

Or even an opposite of Spectral Blast... Phantasmal Ray Death=440, Life=365, myth=550 ....4 pip cost 85% etc...?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
19
Life
Name is Life Lord
It does 545 to 745 and heals all your team mates 600 over 3 rounds
Pips cost 8
Level 22 life

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
232
icewing43 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
About Valkyrie: the fact that they live in Asgard doesn't make them "angelic" because 'angel' is a Catholic/Christian term. You're comparing apples and oranges.


Apples and oranges are both still considered fruit, are they not?


My interpretation of that saying is that both are still in the same Category. The Norse/Vikings of the North used to worship those gods, and believed in the Valkyrie. Now let's simply compare, a lot (I'm not saying all) of the Western world worships Christianity, and believe in Angels.

It's an easy comparison.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
232
Will Kingsisle eventually come out with Rank 9 Spells? Just asking. I don't think they'll be in the New World of Wintertusk, but maybe later in the year they might make something else. Hopefully these side spells can help them out ...

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturgist.

P.S. If any can answer my question, I would love to hear ...

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
232
Ok, here's a resolution to the Werewolf issue. I have an idea, though it's kind of like the Myth Attack, I'm going to change the format of the spell anyway.

Instead of Doing just an overall damage of 600 Damage and converting 2x it to health, here's the new layout for the Spell.

Spell Name: Werewolf
Spell Accuracy: 80%
# of Pips: 9 (It can be varied if Kingsisle wants)
Spell Description: Deals two attacks. First attack deals 250 Damage and converts 2x damage to health. Second attack is 640 and converts half the health to the caster. That will be a total of 890 Damage (Base) dealt to the target and a total of 820 Health dealt to the caster.

This will also be posted/added on the original chart.
-Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturgist

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
232
How many of you guys think that in 1 Day, 16 Hours, and 45 seconds will be the new world of Wintertusk?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
icewing43 wrote:
My interpretation of that saying is that both are still in the same Category. The Norse/Vikings of the North used to worship those gods, and believed in the Valkyrie. Now let's simply compare, a lot (I'm not saying all) of the Western world worships Christianity, and believe in Angels.

It's an easy comparison.


Just because it's an "easy" comparison doesn't mean it's correct. Valkyries are female figures who decide who will die in battle. Angels are mainly messengers of God. There's only one Angel of Death (Michael, I believe is his name) and he doesn't decide who dies in war. He doesn't decide who dies period; he's told by God. Look, I'm not gonna pretend to be an expert in Theology (if I was I'd be able to pass my mandatory Theology course) because I'm not, but I know that Valkyrie does not make sense because it is a messenger of Death. It's that simple.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
14
wow you mostly read my mind with the death spells i keep trying to get kingsisle to get my werewolf idea on there but it never works. lich on the other hand i have been thinking of what i was going to post for a few weeks. good job all around! 8)

karic dragonhunter level 48 storm wizard

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
6
I have a spell idea :

Name: Frostodile
Spell type: Ice (Fire and Storm versions too :))
Pips needed: 8
Accuracy: 80%
Damage: 600-690 ice and 10 ice over 3 rounds
A crocodile is in frozen water. It breaks the ice then comes on top of the ice. It shakes snow off it's snout, then charges at your opponent, doing 600-690 damage, and leaves a shield which does 10 ice damage over 3 rounds.

:D

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
For you volcano basilisk idea. Change it please. A volcano would be (nearly) impossible to make a animation for. When I imagine a volcano exploding, I see lava flying across the sky. If a giant volcano were to be in the battle arena, the explosion would fly right over the wizards heads or just look plain weird if it went straight up and fall upon them. (Now saying that you would want to be next to a volcano when it explodes, just not practical for a tight space in a video game. If you were to make the volcano small, that would be pathetic, imagine a tiny volcano shooting giant fiery rocks at your enemies.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
232
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
icewing43 wrote:
My interpretation of that saying is that both are still in the same Category. The Norse/Vikings of the North used to worship those gods, and believed in the Valkyrie. Now let's simply compare, a lot (I'm not saying all) of the Western world worships Christianity, and believe in Angels.

It's an easy comparison.


Just because it's an "easy" comparison doesn't mean it's correct. Valkyries are female figures who decide who will die in battle. Angels are mainly messengers of God. There's only one Angel of Death (Michael, I believe is his name) and he doesn't decide who dies in war. He doesn't decide who dies period; he's told by God. Look, I'm not gonna pretend to be an expert in Theology (if I was I'd be able to pass my mandatory Theology course) because I'm not, but I know that Valkyrie does not make sense because it is a messenger of Death. It's that simple.


Ok, I can see your point in the thought of the Valkyrie idea. But, I remember from your own words, sometimes simplicity is the key. A lot of players on this game are little kids, they would most likely think that a Valkyrie is in the category of a Life Spell.

Though you do understand my point about the comparison, do you not? I mean, Angels are messengers of god, and have some affairs with the dead and living. Valkyrie also interact with the afterlife and therefore my comparison is reached. Both have something in common, and I personally would place an "Angel" spell (If they had one, not snow angel, that's something totally different, because of the word snow.) in the school of life.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
icewing43 wrote:
Ok, I can see your point in the thought of the Valkyrie idea. But, I remember from your own words, sometimes simplicity is the key. A lot of players on this game are little kids, they would most likely think that a Valkyrie is in the category of a Life Spell.

Though you do understand my point about the comparison, do you not? I mean, Angels are messengers of god, and have some affairs with the dead and living. Valkyrie also interact with the afterlife and therefore my comparison is reached. Both have something in common, and I personally would place an "Angel" spell (If they had one, not snow angel, that's something totally different, because of the word snow.) in the school of life.


You're taking what I'm saying out of context. I was talking about spell effects, not the mythical creatures the spells are based on. Plus that doesn't even make sense; how is the idea complicated? Valkyries choose who dies in battle and lead them to Valhalla, therefore they cannot be Life creatures. I don't know about you, but to me, that seems pretty easy to explain. Lastly, since this game is rated E10+, "little kids" shouldn't be playing. By the way, I do get your comparison (although it's a big stretch), but the way that you're putting it is that valkyries and angels are interchangeable which is erroneous for the reasons I've mentioned and mainly because they come from two different religions.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
43
you should make a death spell called skip it skips the oppopents turn and a one called steal it steals all the oppoents pips and add to his or her self also a balance shied called mirror it takes the damage the oppoent casted and hits the oppoent instead and a life spell called switch it takes the damage and turns it to health what do you think

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
24
okay first off i LOVE death's impact......also i have a idea for another death spell!

Name: Golden price
Pips: 5
Affect: takes damage to one TEAM MATE and heals yourself!
Description: a wraith comes up holding the arena letter things, he signs a "W" on the bottom and throws it at the teammate. he ten turns and points the contract at you and throws it up with a beam of light falling down on you!

tell me what ya think :D

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
64
Balance: 9 pips
Spell name: Spirit Dragon

150 death damage to all enemies. 200 health to all players on casters side.
265 myth damage to all enemies.
A large dragon with a sword and a black cape comes up.
It breaths black fire all over the enemies .Then it breaths yellow fire all over the enemies. Then the dragon turns around and screeches. Then it breaths green smoke on the casters side and gives 200 health to the casters side.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
64
Spell name: The danger of blizzards.
Ice
9 pips
A giant monster pops up and starts to blow really hard in the winter.
A blizzard starts to form and hurts everybody on the casters side 90 ice damage. It hurts everybody on the enemies side 950.
85% Accuracy.