Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Ravenwood base School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 23, 2014
Ok, so here is what i was wondering.

I was thinking of a new base school of magic when you first create your character. I bet a lot of players remember the time dungeon they had to do while they were in dragonspyre. So, i got to thinking " why not add a school of magic in ravenwood that can be more powerful than all the other schools of magic combined?" Thats when i got the idea for a school of time magic. Time is the oldest magic of all magic because it was there at the beginning of the spiral but no one really noticed it. Maybe a school of time magic could be made into the game and someone like merle ambrose could allow someone that has experience with time magic to teach all the new players how to do time magic. here could be a new spell that is only for time wizards (Level one) to get when they create that character in that school: time master
Time master stats: uses 1 pip (and mana)
does 175-210 damage
may cast heal to caster

Thats the first spell that the time school teacher can teach the new students.
please leave a reply to this idea and also you can include a new spell for the time wizards to learn about!

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
TheKevinr97 on May 14, 2014 wrote:

I was thinking of a new base school of magic when you first create your character. I bet a lot of players remember the time dungeon they had to do while they were in dragonspyre. So, i got to thinking " why not add a school of magic in ravenwood that can be more powerful than all the other schools of magic combined?" Thats when i got the idea for a school of time magic. Time is the oldest magic of all magic because it was there at the beginning of the spiral but no one really noticed it. Maybe a school of time magic could be made into the game and someone like merle ambrose could allow someone that has experience with time magic to teach all the new players how to do time magic. here could be a new spell that is only for time wizards (Level one) to get when they create that character in that school: time master
does 175-210 damage
may cast heal to caster

please leave a reply to this idea and also you can include a new spell for the time wizards to learn about!
if it is going to be more powerful then all other magics, it CANNOT be a base school, too overpowered and would upset the balance of the game, (if PvP was ever balanced before, it would collapse after this.) And bosses would be too tough, perhaps a side school, and, as I mention over and over again, we need a new teacher, gear, bosses, blah blah blah. It cannot fit into the story we have, which is why i believe it would only work as a side school, if that, cause we would need some impressive disadvantages to make up for the power.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I think it is a good idea but wouldn't it be unfair if it was more powerful than all the schools combined and you could start learning it at the beginning of the game?
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary
Sarai Thunderstrider
Initiate

Survivor
Mar 01, 2014
This is a cool idea, but this is way too op. I believe storm's beginning spell cast 105-125, so you're talking almost double of the current op school. I love this idea, so maybe it could be a school we learn later on like the astral schools or shadow magic, but your idea would make the game very unbalanced. I think with some tweaking your idea could work as a new ravenwood school, but I think this would be better as un-tweaked as possible, so it should be put in later.
Also, I love that dungeon, it's my favorite part of the whole game!
Katie Smith level 54

Defender
Nov 17, 2012

does 175-210 damage
may cast heal to caster

I'm assuming it would have extremely low accuracy to compensate for the damage? Also, I don't think it should be added as a base school. This would anger people who have leveled up on other schools only to have this one come along.

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
I'm sorry but it is a little (way) too strong for a level one player to go around having a may cast heal spell. Tone down the damage a bit and maybe... I was actually thinking of this same school.

Christo Mythspear 100

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I think I see the problem!
You started out with the express goal of creating an OP school. Do you really think that a spell that has 2x the damage per pip of Storm and a chance to heal is a good idea, or even balanced? That's more than many 2-pip spells for other schools! Basically this would be an auto-win school for PvP, at low level just spam Time Master and no other school will be able to keep up with the massive damage and healing.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
If they added a new base school, they would have to redesign all of Ravenwood, incorporate that school into gear, weapons, pets, reagents, spells and snacks. Also the tutorial book needs to be revamped. No way that will ever happen...

Survivor
Nov 11, 2011
I think a it is a good idea, Time School has a low accuracy but high damage like storm, higher base spell than all the school but the twist here is only MEMBERS can only unlock it, or if you have crowns you can afford to be a time school student, and I think the school will not appear in WC, it may be in another world.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Wizards Unite, In Magic We Trust

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
grantghost on May 17, 2014 wrote:
I think a it is a good idea, Time School has a low accuracy but high damage like storm, higher base spell than all the school but the twist here is only MEMBERS can only unlock it, or if you have crowns you can afford to be a time school student, and I think the school will not appear in WC, it may be in another world.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. You can't just have a members only school. NO.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
AdrianTheNecromanc... on May 16, 2014 wrote:
If they added a new base school, they would have to redesign all of Ravenwood, incorporate that school into gear, weapons, pets, reagents, spells and snacks. Also the tutorial book needs to be revamped. No way that will ever happen...
Agreed!

Survivor
Apr 23, 2014
I'm sorry if you guys disagree with my idea. and i agree that that it would need to be a side school but what it also needs is a way a mastering the time school which is why i have decided to think up a way to have the time wizards unable to cast the time spells; this addition is like a disspell but it works over a certain number of rounds. Like the disspells, they work by having the spell be unable to be casted for a maximum of 4 rounds. This spell is called the laws of time. it makes the time spells unusable for 4 rounds which means that the time wizards have to reply on their secondary school of magic. I also agree that they would need to rework the basic structure of the game to add in a new base. I think I solved the issue of the time spells being a bit too op. More time spells = more time disspells. There you go :)

Survivor
Apr 23, 2014

I agree with the low accuracy of the time school magic but like i said that it would be impossible for the time wizards to cast their time spells with the "Laws of Time" spell in hand.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2014

Oh, and I forgot to say in my last post is that I agree that it would be in another world. I'm thinking of a new world that had mastered time magic, but merle ambrose decided to cut that world off from the spiral. But the player finds out a secret over the course of time from the balance teacher in ravenwood. That will give that old teacher in ravenwood to do with all schools of magic.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
Survivor
Apr 23, 2014
I forgot silly me! This new magic should be based on a world where time magic was mastered along with a magic that can reshape the universe better than shadow. As we all know, Shadow magic carries along backlash. This new magic cancels and makes shadow a bit more fun. This new magic is called void magic (since the spiral and the first world was just void before the beginning of time.) This new base school can be a bit of fun if used right. The player will hear about void magic from a eternal ( a god-like entity) in the world of celestia. The eternal will say and I quote "The universe will see the end of itself with a eternal war. I alone can teach you the oldest of the old since I am the only eternal with any brains than all the others. Quickly, to the world of Chronia!" Kingsisle can name this eternal what ever they wish, but i would like to see this name for the eternal "KevinTheMage, God Of Time." Please leave a reply to this statement.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011

does 175-210 damage
may cast heal to caster

again these is another post of school
1 they don't need more school would upset the balance of the game
2 they got all the school they need ice for blocks and is the water school fire is for best over time and head on head is the heat school storm is for powerful hits and is the teach and water school balance great for traps blades and hitting with all school and it the sand school and basically the balance of all things so it like the time school death hits and heals the dead school myth cheats and buffs and summon and it say myth so it a myth life is the heals school we got what we need power, over time, blocks, heals, traps blades, hit heals, summons adding another class would upset the balance of the game
3 it cost lots of money and right now they need to be yous in the money to fix bugs pvp and another things
4 there going have to make a person to give it a quest for spell and the school also new bosses and others who yous it when they got there hand full with shadow magic
5 if they going make new spell they should make them for
6 then it get then there 3 on each side see what i mean by balance vs vs vs and balance is basically them all combine and steel being discover i guess time class could be added in as in time vs but they have to add enemies all over even make new bosses and class spell and boss to fight when you get to a higher level and stuff that you go to talk to about you spell and wands for them don't forget there own Sybille thing and gear also pets and have to make balance have boost when you hit them and when they hit yous bosses lets not forget they can't be to powerful and they have to have there own thing because most powerful class and people will be upset if that happens because most people level there storm for it power so they have to be a there own shool i mean wt would be it weakness wt would it look like when cast what it global spell going look like wt is it own kinda thing has it blocks has it heals and hits storm power cheats and summon hits with all heals greater then any over time in chats give you things that you turn into rings that help you more power boost or block boost or heal boost but it hurts you when casting any of it spells
see they have all they need to have another classes is rd it would have to have it own thing and everything already been taken
these ideal i can tell you now won't happen there been more then 10000 ideals like these they need to fix bugs fix states pvp pets and other stuff like yesterday i enter a fight and the thing i was fighting walk off and the battle ended didn't get anything out of the battle good luck with you other post

also to under stand to the post you have to read it all don't skip or you won't understand wt i saying
level 100
level 43
level 15

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

does 175-210 damage
may cast heal to caster

Maybe Time Magic (Chronomancy) could take Storm's skills to a new level, with double normal damage, but with 30-50% accuracy & 375 lvl 1 health. But of course, to go with Storm's skills, come Life's skills (high accuracy & high health but low damage). So with Time having extreme damage & minimal accuracy & health, then there has to be a different school that has extreme accuracy & health, but minimal damage. I was thinking about the opposite of Time, & all signs point to Space. It does work as well, If Space is everything, then it must be difficult to attack all of it at once, and it can also aim almost anywhere. But the low damage doesn't have an explanation other than the rest of it fits. Space would have 525 health at lvl 1 & its symbol would be a comet & its trail. The symbol for Time would be either infinity or an hourglass.

So in summary: Time must have extreme disadvantages to counter the advantages, & Space (Spatiomancy) must go with Time (Chronomancy) as an opposite.

And on the topic of the last paragraph, here's some ideas:

Time:

Memories - 40% accuracy, 2 pips, Deal 350 damage to enemy, or heal 350 to self.

Space:

Comet - 100% accuracy, 2 pips, Deal 175 damage to enemy.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2014
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
Maybe Time Magic (Chronomancy) could take Storm's skills to a new level, with double normal damage, but with 30-50% accuracy & 375 lvl 1 health. But of course, to go with Storm's skills, come Life's skills (high accuracy & high health but low damage). So with Time having extreme damage & minimal accuracy & health, then there has to be a different school that has extreme accuracy & health, but minimal damage. I was thinking about the opposite of Time, & all signs point to Space. It does work as well, If Space is everything, then it must be difficult to attack all of it at once, and it can also aim almost anywhere. But the low damage doesn't have an explanation other than the rest of it fits. Space would have 525 health at lvl 1 & its symbol would be a comet & its trail. The symbol for Time would be either infinity or an hourglass.

So in summary: Time must have extreme disadvantages to counter the advantages, & Space (Spatiomancy) must go with Time (Chronomancy) as an opposite.

And on the topic of the last paragraph, here's some ideas:

Time:

Memories - 40% accuracy, 2 pips, Deal 350 damage to enemy, or heal 350 to self.

Space:

Comet - 100% accuracy, 2 pips, Deal 175 damage to enemy.
Well, I'm glad that you think Space is the opposite of time magic. To be honest, void magic is it's opposite. Void magic is a Creation magic school. If you believe in the big bang theory, before the universe was the universe, all there was was just void matter ( anti-matter). I also agree that Time magic spells need low accuracy but 40% really?
i was thinking about 65% accruacy. Time magic is very powerful, but void magic is a infinite magic school.

Time:

Laws Of Time: Dispel any Time spell + 20% chance of 1000 health back from any damage (2 pips)

Void:

Creation Bomb: Deals 5000 Damage to all enemies and +50% (10 pips)

Survivor
Apr 23, 2014
Robobot1747 on May 15, 2014 wrote:
I think I see the problem!
You started out with the express goal of creating an OP school. Do you really think that a spell that has 2x the damage per pip of Storm and a chance to heal is a good idea, or even balanced? That's more than many 2-pip spells for other schools! Basically this would be an auto-win school for PvP, at low level just spam Time Master and no other school will be able to keep up with the massive damage and healing.
Well, the "Laws Of Time" spell can get rid of that nasty problem! That spell can dispel any time magic spell even if can heal. This spell can give you a little bit of time to regen health with healing spells if push comes to shove. I know that Time Master is kind of a double amount than storm, but you can also resist this magic. Time isn't balance, in fact balance can defeat time as long a you cast the "Laws Of Time" spell.