Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Form of Casting Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I'm proposing joint-casting. I'll explain how this would work. So if two wizards have similar ranked spells but different elements and both wizards wanted to use these spells during the same round, they would have the option of "merging" their two spells together so that they create a spell from a different school that does the full damage from the two combined spells.

The different combinations would be:
+= (Because they are the components of )
+=(Because they are the components of )
+=(Because they both share )
Because balance is the combination of all elements I'd say that balance would work like this
+=
because anything else wouldn't make sense. Unless Wizard101 wants to introduce a new element that is the opposite of balance

I’m referencing the magic chart on the Wizard101 website

If you're confused I'll explain it. I'm going to use the spells dragon and storm lord as an example. Lets say Wizards A and B are going to cast said spells. Wizard A picks Storm Lord and Wizard B picks Dragon and instead of immediately casting those spells, a little window would pop up asking if Wizard A would like to "merge" spells with Wizard B and vice versa. The result would be the wizards would cast their individual spells at the same time (which I think would look really cool) and result in a really strong life spell (see chart above) that does the full damage (there would be no damage over time from the dragon) to all opponents. The really strong life spell would have it's own animation. (I'll let you use your imagination)

If the two wizards were casting single hit spells then the damage would be only to a single target (i.e. if one wizard casted bone dragon and one casted medusa)

If something like this were to happen, this new form of casting should only be applied to upcoming spells because it would be too difficult to apply this merging technique for lower lever spells because some schools have all hits at certain rankings while some schools have one hits for the same rankings (i.e. centaur and earthquake).

It would be brilliant!

Valkoor Shadowcaster, Archmage Necromancer

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
The Endless Sorcer... on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
I'm proposing joint-casting. I'll explain how this would work. So if two wizards have similar ranked spells but different elements and both wizards wanted to use these spells during the same round, they would have the option of "merging" their two spells together so that they create a spell from a different school that does the full damage from the two combined spells.

The different combinations would be:
+= (Because they are the components of )
Because balance is the combination of all elements I'd say that balance would work like this
+=
because anything else wouldn't make sense. Unless Wizard101 wants to introduce a new element that is the opposite of balance

I’m referencing the magic chart on the Wizard101 website

If you're confused I'll explain it. I'm going to use the spells dragon and storm lord as an example. Lets say Wizards A and B are going to cast said spells. Wizard A picks Storm Lord and Wizard B picks Dragon and instead of immediately casting those spells, a little window would pop up asking if Wizard A would like to "merge" spells with Wizard B and vice versa. The result would be the wizards would cast their individual spells at the same time (which I think would look really cool) and result in a really strong life spell (see chart above) that does the full damage (there would be no damage over time from the dragon) to all opponents. The really strong life spell would have it's own animation. (I'll let you use your imagination)

If the two wizards were casting single hit spells then the damage would be only to a single target (i.e. if one wizard casted bone dragon and one casted medusa)

If something like this were to happen, this new form of casting should only be applied to upcoming spells because it would be too difficult to apply this merging technique for lower lever spells because some schools have all hits at certain rankings while some schools have one hits for the same rankings (i.e. centaur and earthquake).

It would be brilliant!

Valkoor Shadowcaster, Archmage Necromancer
At first I thought no, but It could work. The only thing is making all the spells.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
A very interesting idea. I think it should be similar spells meaning they look a like. 2 spells that I think look like are "Avenging Fossil" and "Spinysaur".

Tyler Earthrunner Grandmaster of Life