Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth and Storm as Opposites

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Fire and Ice are clearly opposites
Life and Death are clearly opposites
HOW ARE MYTH AND STORM OPPOSITES?
Myth is about history, magical creatures, gods, etc.
Storm is about wind, water, rain, thunder, lightning, etc.
They are actually a bit more in common than opposites. Myth has the spell earthquake which is a natural disaster. It also has Cyclops with the hammer that dents the ground. Those cause problems to the earth like storm. I do understand that Kingsisle probably could not have come up with a better match. I just need some reassurance that I am not the only one confused by this.

Defender
May 06, 2011
Lizziebell03 on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
Fire and Ice are clearly opposites
Life and Death are clearly opposites
HOW ARE MYTH AND STORM OPPOSITES?
Myth is about history, magical creatures, gods, etc.
Storm is about wind, water, rain, thunder, lightning, etc.
They are actually a bit more in common than opposites. Myth has the spell earthquake which is a natural disaster. It also has Cyclops with the hammer that dents the ground. Those cause problems to the earth like storm. I do understand that Kingsisle probably could not have come up with a better match. I just need some reassurance that I am not the only one confused by this.
Maybe all of the history, magical creatures, and gods had problems with the weather >:P (storm)

Ehhh well I don't know why they are opposites, but I do agree on Kingsisle not having a opposite match to Myth and therefore having to use storm.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You could look at it another way as well. Storm is kinda like Science/Technology harnessing the power of a Storm. Myth is more like Magic/Faith embracing the powers of the old Myths.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
I think it's more that myths happen over a long period of time, but storms can happen in an instant- if that made any sense.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Thanks for helping clear that up! I have a better idea of why myth and storm are opposites now.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
another way to look at it is like this:

Myth could also be called the school of Earth, since many of the school's spell creatures or animations involve the ground, dirt, mud, etc

Only elemental schools have stun spells (storm, fire, ice, and myth).

Electricity gets negated when it gets grounded (a simplistic overview mind you)