Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount Racing!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
OK, the main reason we have mounts are to look cool and superior and to give us a boost in questing. But what if we had a competition of mount racing?

There could be practice and ranked mount racing and the ranks would be exactly the same as normal pvp and pet derby. There would be boosts along the tracks and you would be rewarded mount xp as you participate in each race win or lose. 1st would receive 10Xp, second 8Xp, third 6Xp and fourth would receive 3Xp. The maximum level for mounts would be 10 and from each level the cost would add on 100 each time to prevent people from levelling their mounts too quickly! For example level one to level two would be 50 Xp, then from level two to three would be 150Xp! The higher your mounts level, the faster it goes and the more power you gain ( applies to mount racing only though lol). At warlord and other ranks, you could learn unique spells to help you during your race ( treasure cards would be allowed as well ) or get really cool looking wands and gear with the rank. You would earn Racing derbies which act like arena tickets in pvp!

You get around 16 derbies per race win or lose and you can spend them on whatever there is to offer from the vendors not decided yet ;). You can buy cool clothing to match your mount or awesome wands and mount decorations! For example, The frost fang can have a frosty collar that lets off cool and windily chilling breezes as it moves! XD. So, what do you guys think? Professor Greyrose, i am all ears!

Survivor
Oct 26, 2013
This is a rely cool Idea I would find this rely cool and you could use rental mounts in a seprit caragory and you can buy special mounts with derby's

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
There would have to be two levels of racing because mounts are either +20% speed boost or +40% speed boost. This would make any kind of mount race basically a dash for the boosts on the track and whichever player gets the inside track at the start is going to have the advantage. Unless KI incorporates some sort of training regiment that gives racing talents, like what's currently in use for pet training, then the whole idea of mount races is sort of moot. Also, if they did add mount training and followed the current model for add-ons like gardening and fishing then it would just be another drain on energy.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2013
Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
Yes tucsonwizard i agree

There would be different levels for each mount's power and speed. This would make it fair and not overpowered, thank you for pointing that out :D!

I am all ears to any other comment. Prof Greyrose, what do you think of this idea?

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
DragonEnthusiast on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
I love this idea!!!
Kingisle should add this. Pure brilliance

JacobLotusCaller, Level 100

Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
I hope professor Greyrose can comment about what her thoughts are and how this might improve the game. But thanks for the comments guys, keep them coming!!!

Looking for ways to improve mount racing to make it even better, so if you have an idea please post!