Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount Ideas - Any Ideas Are Welcome!

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Mine was a Gray Whale mount, a Whale Shark mount.. Even a Lightning mount that we could ride like a broom. In fact, it could be in different colors for certain schools. Red fiery lightning mount for like the lightning was lit on fire, would be purple electric lightning all sparkling, - pale blue icy lightning like it was iced up, etc etc.

Still waiting for a MB Car and a MB Balloon mount.. Cheetah, Mammoth, Elephant.. If I think of more, I will add it here.

What about you? What do you want for Wizard101? Just to spark your imagination, what would be a great Sun, Moon and/or Star Mount?

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
This is quickly a list of possibly the top 5 most requested mounts in the game's existance.

5.) The Celestian Kraken/Squid mount that was shown first as concept art but was never released or made into the game.

4.) The fourth most requested mount is probably, a Giraffe mount. Before even the release of Zafaria wizards requested more African animal mounts and by far the most requested was the giraffe.

3.) The baby elephant/Woolly Mammoth Mount: The baby elephant was teased in the Zafaria wallpaper however was never released. An elephant type mount (mainly described as large and two person) has been a large request by players.

2.) The Whiptail Pantera: first shown off in Avalon it was imediately a player favorite do to it's size is uniqueness. The cat would be perfect as a mount and would make a very visually appealing one as well.

1.) And finally the most requested mount idea in existance! The Marleybone car. The MB car has been around since the beginning of the game appearing in the world numerous times. When housing was first released it was a drop by Meowiarity and also could be purchased by Zeke for crowns. The car would make an excellent mount and no matter if it is 2 person or 4 people it is sure to be a perfect mount for a multiplayer group.

Thank you for reading and goodbye!
-Nicholas LionRider

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Lol I have some er different ideas here-
Cow- Dairy cows like the black and white spotted ones, but also black and brown cows :)
Goat- Maybe pygmy goats for the shorter wizards? XD
Pig- haha, like Waddles on Gravity Falls
Frog- like the spell, except less puke lolz
Catfish! haha kinda random but I always random soooo ... idk?
Marshmallow omnomnom! I might eat my mount!
Cloud-cumulous cloud, cirrus cloud, cumulonimbus cloud, and stratus cloud!
House Cat- really fat fuzzy giant kitten
Jellybeans- like a giant horde of jellybeans carrying you
Cupcake- with a smiley face on it
Evil unicorn- well we have the dream filly so mix it with a nightflame Pegasus and there you go!
Rainbow- yup, a giant rainbow you can stand on! with a real leprechaun at the end!
Undead army- haven't you ever wanted to be carried by a bunch of skeleton men?
Piggle- we have it as a pet, why not hop on its back and call it a mini mount? XD
Teddy bear- I just had to suggest it!
Fluffy bunny- SO FLUFFY!
Banana Bus- Uh, maybe not literally, but it sure would be funny!

-Jasmine Owlalon, Meow! meow! idk

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Love mammoth and mb car and air balloon. i think you guys should add a sabertooth mount.i have many more ideas.. a quetzal mount a griffin mount a giraffe a kangaroo . a cloud ya i know weird lol uh 1 more thing a 2 pass viking ship mount

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
You know how they now have sabertooth mounts? They should do mammoths too!
Emma Emaraldsword lvl 44

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Kelsey Fireheart on May 17, 2013 wrote:
Mine was a Gray Whale mount, a Whale Shark mount.. Even a Lightning mount that we could ride like a broom. In fact, it could be in different colors for certain schools. Red fiery lightning mount for like the lightning was lit on fire, would be purple electric lightning all sparkling, - pale blue icy lightning like it was iced up, etc etc.

Still waiting for a MB Car and a MB Balloon mount.. Cheetah, Mammoth, Elephant.. If I think of more, I will add it here.

What about you? What do you want for Wizard101? Just to spark your imagination, what would be a great Sun, Moon and/or Star Mount?
Yes, I want a MB car and MB balloon.

Moon: Since the moons can symbolize imagination, I was thinking of a cloud to represent the thinking bubble with a dark-blue-ish trail with moons

Otherwise, I can't think of any other mount for the astrals. Perhaps a cow mount for "cow jumping over the moon?" Still, people would be confused as it would be hard to link a cow with a moon without help.

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I think there should be an firecat, scarab and ice beetle mount. They should look like the rank 1 spells that you get. A sun bird mount would be cool. These should also be available in other schools.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Sun - A big powernova with a built in seat XD for one player

Moon - A cresent moon where 2 can sit on the cresent part

Star - A big star shape that spins in circles upright and wizards could stand on the points (Which would be not very pointy, and kinda flat) and run to make it go, kinda like running on a wheelbarrow in cartoons XD

My idea for a mount would be where a creature that looks like a lost soul holds you up with his hands above his head like a trophey while the ghost is flying, and it could come in school colors

Fire - red
Ice - light blue
Storm - purple
Balance - orange
Death - black
Life - green
Myth - yellow

Defender
May 03, 2009
babybuddy123 on May 17, 2013 wrote:
Love mammoth and mb car and air balloon. i think you guys should add a sabertooth mount.i have many more ideas.. a quetzal mount a griffin mount a giraffe a kangaroo . a cloud ya i know weird lol uh 1 more thing a 2 pass viking ship mount
There is a griffin mount.

I think that I want Rhinososaurous Rex mount :P I was once saying rhinoceros but was thinking about a T-Rex and: Rhinososaurus Rex. It would be a mix of a (obviously) T-Rex and rhinoceros. It would kind of look like the mounts mixed together. Then for school mounts, I'd like something where you can sit on it and look like you're relaxed. For fire, it would be a flame with little tiny legs and for ice, an ice cube with legs. For storm, a cloud with lightning bolts as legs, and for life it would be the leaves of a tree or maybe even a tree. It would have roots as legs. For death, it would be a box of darkness. Maybe Pandora's box! Then for balance, I think a nice sandstorm under your feet would be cool. Of course, you're sitting on it.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
A pennyfarthing bicycle for touring Marleybone with flair. (That's the old fashioned bicycle with one very large and one very small wheel.) It pedals itself!

A four-seat dugout canoe with oarsmen from the Water Mole village in Floating Land, to take yourself and three friends into battle.

Or, a four-seat Viking longboat with wolf warriors at the helm, sailing over the commons to adventures with three other wizards.

A giant beetle or centipede with bronzed iridescent carapace. underlying color varies by school. Centipede would likely be bottle green.

A weathered wooden boat encrusted with trailing black weeds, with Charon at the helm. Tour Sunken City in style.

Explorer
Jun 30, 2009
-Cloud (Comes in ROYGBIV)
-Rainbow
-Lightning
-Marleybone balloon

Historian
May 06, 2009
What about a...magical Surf Board mount? It would give off some magic dust as the bottom and come in 3 variaties of colors. Maybe a Sunset coloring (Red, Orange, and Yellow), a Sunrise coloring (Pink, Light Purple, and Blue), and a Night/Dusk coloring (Black, Light Blue, Purple, and Indigo with Star prints)

Also how about a Skate Board mount? Again a little modern to the game but the wheels would give off Sparks, Flames, or Frost and have a Wizard101 design.

Do you guys remember so Comet Boots and Fast Runner's Boots? The ones that give +4-8% percent speed and nothing else? Well what if we had Roller Skate boots that gave +12% and some extra stats? Not exactly a mount but it would be nice.

Lastly, what about a Mermaid/man fin? They give +40% speed. They work just like the Wing mounts. When you equip it, from the waste down you have a fish tale. Since things are magical, you can float about land and swim in water. Sweet, right?

I think these would be cool. Lol I totally took a Beach-themed out look on these guys.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2010
well, I always have thought what about a giant snail mount I thought that will look cool as a mount but it wouldn't be slow it would be pretty cool thou
- Vanessa mist rider level 43

Survivor
Jun 12, 2012
Isn't it obvious?
Storm Shark mount.
That would be EPIC.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
babybuddy123 on May 17, 2013 wrote:
sabertooth is covered

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
Actually, I myself would like to see a Basilisk mount. Probably a two person seater.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Lightning phoenix wings, and normal phoenix wings.
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
Storm Owl mount would be AWESOME.

Alexis SilverHeart lvl 62 storm

Survivor
May 21, 2012
I have an idea for a Hedgehog mount! Here's what it looks like:

The hedgehog has a chocolate brown coat and light green eyes.
There is saddle on it, so you don't have to sit on spikes.
Every now and then, it will sit its tongue out and close it eyes.

Do you like? Sierra Spellmancer

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
I think a storm owl would be an awesome mount! So would a two-person ice mammoth and a three-person chimera. Oh, and one last idea, how about something that turns you into a mount whenever you want when you equip it and you can give your friends ride (I'm not talking about some temporary potion)?
Alexis Stormheart Level 68 Storm

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Oh, the things that are just waiting to be created. If you're looking for a few Celestial school mount ideas, here are three.

~ The most popular sun-representing animals are the eagle and the dragon. But since already have an eagle-esque mount (The griffon mount.) and a dragon mount, why don't we use an animal that isn't airborne? A lizard would actually be a fine example, since it is one of the symbols of Apollo. Perhaps not a salamander, for that would most likely be a mount. Same goes for the idea of a Phoenix mount.
~ I had a bit of trouble thinking of a mount for this school. I think a crab mount would suit this school best, since crabs like to go to the shore during night time. (At least sand crabs, I think.) Plus, they are semi-aquatic animals, which could represent the tides at night-time that the moon pulls in. I'm not to confident about this mount though since it is very similar to a lobster mount.
~ The most interesting mount for this school I could think of was Ursa Major/Minor. As in a constellation mount. It could be a completely night-time blue bear (Also slightly transparent.) with golden dots within it to represent the starry night sky. Maybe even the occasional creamy, white mist would float by inside of the bear to represent an arm of the galaxy. Technically, this would work for any constellation mount, but the first constellation that came to mind was the Ursa.

These ideas just came to me randomly. I hope you liked my very odd ideas.
~ Courtney Icethorn; Transcendent

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I would so want to drive around in a MB car!!! I'd just drive around the Commons all day (since alot of people go there) and just wave out the window to everybody. Also, I think it would be a funny if you could have a raft mount, where you would be in a small rubber raft that's riding on a huge wave! And anybody who got in the wave would get pushed back and have a little animation for the reaction of getting all wet.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I think it would be cool if you could have a Ice Wyvern Mount!