Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Menu Chat only for Free to Play

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
This seems very reasonable, and I agree. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work, and though it might annoy a couple of innocent players, I think this makes perfect sense. Besides, you usually don't need so much strategy to the point of Menu Chat not satisfying your needs until a good bit after the free-to-play parts.

I could see some players with no intention of breaking rules getting a bit annoyed if this were to happen, but really the pros greatly out-weigh the cons. I believe this could greatly reduce the amount of profanity within the games.

I hope this can be added into the game soon. It would definitely solve some problems. Only the very most determined of players would buy a subscription or crowns to continue their evil rant.

I think that you must have bought a subscription or crowns to be able to have open or filtered chat, plus the already installed restrictions. A level restriction wouldn't do much.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
vollans wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
Like I said before your kids can use menu chat, ignore button, or don't play the game at all. Also I have not seen these problems in the game due to focusing on pvp and questing. It sounds like the problems are in the free to play area which leads me to believe that you hang out in these areas. Simply by not staying in the commons or the dye shop you should be fine. :?


If you actually read the first two pages of this thread, you would know that it is NOT only in the free areas. The issues also exist in PvP, and beyond Wizard City. I honestly don't know how you can say you've spent so much time in the Arena, and not experienced swearing or worse when the other side is defeated. Unless you play with menu chat yourself.

If you take a look around the rest of the W101 forum you would find many other posts about bad language. The problem that many of us here are trying to get across is that the accounts of younger family members have been disabled and the kids can no longer play. It has evolved to visual interaction. Something that can not be avoided by making an account menu-chat


You say visual interaction though it is not possible. Wizard101 is a very censored game which I am fine with. You state that you don't wish to lose your right to chat though every other person also has that right. Just from skimming through this topic I can say that you are below 30 people wanting this movement. Now compare that to thousands of free players. Simply everyone gets equal rights.

Also with pvp. Yes of course I have seen people swearing, I report them, and move on. Though from what you have been stating it sounded like 30% or more of the players were constantly swearing. Usually if they do swear its do to losing. Otherwise the whole match is quiet.


Defender
Aug 07, 2011
116
FatesKin wrote:
It is a novel idea but I can't see KI going through with it. It's business model is the complete game until a certain point. Limiting new/trial players to menu chat would hurt KI a lot. It is very counterintuitive to the concept of a mmorpg which is player interaction and communication. I know when I joined the game if I had only the option to menu chat, I would probably not be here today. It is sad that so many decide to exploit this system but this solution is not the right one. Perhaps KI could use ip addresses or cookies to prevent these abuses.


I was F2P for the first six months I played because I couldn't afford it until a second pension kicked in and I didn't realize that F2P could get open chat so I didn't. I was still having a blast and was obviously still sold on the game and got a membership as soon as I could afford it. If they're trying out the game, they should be trying out the game, not seeing if it makes a suitable chat room. I don't think it's unreasonable or would keep people from buying the game.

In fact, if I had the open chat, it's doubtful I would have gotten the sub because I would have seen how inappropriate the conversation was. The biggest problem we have are those treating the game as adult chat and spamming F2P accounts when muted or banned. Ending text chat for F2P accounts would end that.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
Lazyboogers-scamming is not a reportable offense. I cannot get the link about non reportable issues to open. It can be found here- https://www.wizard101.com/game/help-faq

You want to be very careful. False reports count against the person filing them. If there are to many our accounts can be sanctioned for flase reporting.

Here are reportable offenses.
We would like to remind you of the Terms of Use Agreement you acknowledged when registering for Wizard101, namely the section which states (in part) (a) Specifically you agree not to do any of the following: (1) upload to or transmit on the Site any defamatory, indecent, obscene, harassing, violent or otherwise objectionable material. . .

Please be mindful of all communications you create while in-game, on the website or via the support tools. Failure to do so, can result in further action, up to and including banning.

Harassment includes all things that might be provocative, bothersome or offense to other players in game. The use of obscene, abusive, or otherwise objectionable language is strictly prohibited in Wizard101.

Players found harassing others in game are subject to sanctioning up to and including permanent suspension from Wizard101.

Thank you for stopping and seeing what is going on.

Megan Frostriver Founding Member WCP

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
goldendragon18 wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:

Aaron, Many of us started playing this game using menu chat only. We did not put CC on file just to be able to access open or filtered chat. Why? Because unless we decided to actually sub or purchase the game with crowns there was no need. Myself and many of my friends played this way for a few months and did not have a problem with it.

A lot of the foul language problems are being enhanced by to many with expired subs or F2P players congregating in public areas and cursing up a storm. Sadly, most do not care about the ToU/Chat rules and not all of them are kids.

Restricting the chat options is being used in other games as well and those players have to earn that priviledge. So by doing so here and putting requirements on the players will ensure they are playing and not loitering in public areas. Expired subs means those players are restricted to the F2P areas and therefore either need to reactivate their subs in order to have the priviledges that Open and filtered chat really are. If these are earned, it is less likely to be abused. The younger kids that are using the bad language are doing so by what they see others doing in the game. I don't think it is a good example to be setting.

Your assumption that the game is end is false if these changes are made. In reality, there will be many parents reactivating their child/rens accounts and many others that have already cancelled subs for the same reason would return.

What is not fair is the fact that those that do follow the rules are being told to go back to Menu chat so we can't see what is being said in the game. We pay for the priviledge to play and have open or filtered chat. We are not going to just shut that down because of those that choose to not follow the rules. We will continue to report and make suggestions to KI that we think will help restore the game to what it was a couple of years ago. We would like to let our young family members return to the game and be able to have fun again.

Fallon WinterLeaf a "Wizard City Protector"


Again, why not just have us get to Krok before getting text chat? MC for only F2P may allow your kids to play again, but at the expense of people who can't afford to renew their subs right away after it ends. It isn't fair to all the loyal players of Wizard101. A lot of F2P archmages do Practice PvP, but won't be able to think of strategies for it because they chat. That's an example. It takes away the fun of the game. How many of those parents only unsubbed because of chat issues. I doubt its a lot. Most of them unsubbed because money issues. Just simply report and ignore or switch realms to avoid these problems. Children have mostly likely already heard these words before, that doesn't mean they will start using it. What proof do you have that says most F2P are causes the all trouble? P2P use foul language all the time. I see it all the time. I report and switch realms. In a dungeon I ignore them and report. You are saying that when you weren't paying you had no problem at all with menu chat, but since you are paying now having menu chat is an outlandish option to avoid foul language. You guys are forgetting that either you have to take off the bubble wrap or someone else will. They won't just pop it, they'll pull it all off too. (I know terrible example)

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer


One more time Aaron, If their subs have expired or been cancelled, they can not go beyond the FREE 2 PLAY areas anyway. Once this happens, then the open and filtered chat should also revert to MENU chat. We are not saying it is ALL F2P that use foul language but under the current system, all they have to have is a CC on file to have open or filtered chat. We have seen many that have had their subbs perma-muted or perma-banned that have created numerous F2P with a CC on file just to SOCIALIZE in the F2P areas. These same players even tell others how to do this if they don't know. There is absolutely NO REASON for these players to use this game as an ADULT CHAT ROOM.

By putting the suggestions in place, it will ensure that if a new player really wants to play the game, they will complete the requirements that have been mentioned and either purchase the game with crowns or a sub. I would be one of the first to accept this kind of change if I could not keep my subs (2). At this point the only thing I would be able to do is create new wizards on the existing accounts and take them as far as I could until I was able to reactivate my subs. After that, if I can't afford to reactivate, then I really have no reason to be in the game now do I? I certainly do come here to chat and socialize at anytime and not for hours on end cursing.

As for the PvP arena, if those players are that determined then they will find a way to keep their subs. PvP is not the majority of the game and what good is practice if you can't do ranked? And the PvP arena has been just as infected with the bad language and behavior as the rest of the game.

Players need to learn there are things you can not do in the game and expect to continue without sanctions. So it is time for all to earn the priviledges for open and filtered chat.

And by the way, the suggestions that have been made do require a player to complete all quests and side quests except Night Side, Golem Tower and the History books. This would also mean that Colossus Blvd would have to be completed as well. Completing all of this would be the only way to advance to Krok. You would still have to sub or purchase the areas with crowns as they are now. We are not asking KI to extend the F2P area nor do we intend to. No CC on file, no gift card or debit card would be accepted as any proof until all is completed.

This has all been explained too many times now and is not that hard to understand.

Fallon WinterLeaf a "Wizard City Protector"


To avoid making this even longer this will mostly likely be my last post on this thread.

You forget that this is a game for kids, so do you really expect most of them to have a CC? You're also forgetting that most of them are probably ten years old. At that age kids love hitting a nerve, or just don't know better. Not all parents are willing to use CC, but may use Prepaid cards. Is isn't fair that because parents can't pay with CC, players who still used actual money shouldn't be able to chat?

You said that as a F2P you had no problem with menu chat, but now since you're paying menu chat is not an option. I never said they spent hours cursing. Many use Practice PvP to pan strategies or just kill time. They're not allowed to plan their next move with their teammates because they can't subscribe right away, that's fair. Like I said before switching realms and reporting isn't hard to do. They'll get muted and you don't have to deal with their abuse anymore. If they come back on another wizard and you're still there report them again. They'd stop after the second time.

Most of the "WCP" I've seen are flat out bullying. Some may try to discredit, but others aren't. Many of you get so worked up and start breaking the rules as well. Calling them the "Dark side" isn't acceptable. You're all regular players claiming you're taking a stand, but are acting no better than the rule breakers. The "WCP" group isn't needed, anyone could be considered a "WCP" is they did what you all claim you do. Starting a group is meaningless because they are so many others that do what you all say you do, but are against the "WCP." Am I one of them? No. Although I understand what you're all attempting to do, you're taking it way too far. The whole "WCP" idea is becoming outlandish, the majority of "WCP" are actually bullying those who may break the rules. Two wrongs don't make a right. The ones who use foul language are wrong and a large amount of "WCP" are also wrong by bullying others even without swearing around the filter.

I'm done here because I doubt you guys will get the point I'm trying to make, or are just too stubborn to admit you're taking it too far.

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2190
Snowyandspots wrote:
vollans wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
Like I said before your kids can use menu chat, ignore button, or don't play the game at all. Also I have not seen these problems in the game due to focusing on pvp and questing. It sounds like the problems are in the free to play area which leads me to believe that you hang out in these areas. Simply by not staying in the commons or the dye shop you should be fine. :?


If you actually read the first two pages of this thread, you would know that it is NOT only in the free areas. The issues also exist in PvP, and beyond Wizard City. I honestly don't know how you can say you've spent so much time in the Arena, and not experienced swearing or worse when the other side is defeated. Unless you play with menu chat yourself.

If you take a look around the rest of the W101 forum you would find many other posts about bad language. The problem that many of us here are trying to get across is that the accounts of younger family members have been disabled and the kids can no longer play. It has evolved to visual interaction. Something that can not be avoided by making an account menu-chat


You say visual interaction though it is not possible. Wizard101 is a very censored game which I am fine with. You state that you don't wish to lose your right to chat though every other person also has that right. Just from skimming through this topic I can say that you are below 30 people wanting this movement. Now compare that to thousands of free players. Simply everyone gets equal rights.

Also with pvp. Yes of course I have seen people swearing, I report them, and move on. Though from what you have been stating it sounded like 30% or more of the players were constantly swearing. Usually if they do swear its do to losing. Otherwise the whole match is quiet.



I don't know how you can comment on something you apparently have not seen. If you think for one minute that "visual interaction" is not possible, then you have not stopped long enough to take a GOOD look around. It is possible. I and a few of my friends have been victims of this kind of behavior. It is even worse when those offender are giving a very explicit description of what is taking place. So don't tell us it is NOT POSSIBLE.

KI has worked very hard to make this game as safe as possible. You say you report and move on, fine, but the changes we are asking for will only enforce the safety of the game. It is not that big of an inconvenience and those that make the multiple F2P accounts just to stand around as if this were an ADULT CHAT ROOM, and not play the game as intended, really do not need to be there. If they want to play then that is what the need to be doing and not Harassing, cursing and just plain abusing the other players or the chat system.

Not everyone PAYING 2 PLAY started out by using open or filtered chat. Many did the same thing that I and others did. We tried the game through the F2P with Menu only. We had no problems with that and it should not be a problem for anyone else. What we have suggested is not unacceptable. If I had it to do all over again, I would still have done it the same way. Menu chat until I was ready to sub/crowns and completed the necessary requirements to have the PRIVILEDGE of Open/Filtered.

I also think that KI will stand to recover lost revenue from some of the accounts that have been cancelled and new accounts when prospective players learn that changes have been made to make the game safer for them and their kids. I have 2 young players waiting now to be able to play again but until things do change those accounts will remain disabled. (lost revenue) Some of the others that are posting and supporting this idea also have young players in their household that are not allowed to play because of the bad seeds that have taken over the game.

We have been told by many of the players to just turn off our chat if we don't want to see the trash. NO. We are PAYING members. We should not have to shut down a priviledge we do not abuse just so those players can continue saying anything and everything they wish. We play by the rules and it is not asking TOO MUCH for other to do the same.

Subbed accounts that have expired would automatically revert to Menu Chat only until the sub is reactivated. If you let the account expire you can't get past the F2P areas anyway so therefore, no reason to be standing around in the Commons or Shops. Cancelled accounts would also revert once their renewal date passed and the account was not renewed. If I let my accounts(2) expire or cancel them, that pretty much say that I am not going to be playing for a while and therefore will not be PAYING and therefore have NO business standing around chatting. If I want to chat with one of my friends here, there are other options I can use and not clog up the Commons or Shops.

This is KI's property, KI's rules.

Fallon WinterLeaf Founding Member WCP

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1025
Perhaps there has been some confusion, let me make myself clear. I am oppossed to limiting F2P players to just menu chat. The proposition to have F2P players have filtered chat but no access to open chat unless they have paid and have met the requirements seems like a much more reasonable solution. The reasons I am opposed to a menu chat only option is mainly due to my perspective and experiences in joining this game. I joined this game when I was 16/17. At the time I joined as a F2P player and played for several months before I ever got crowns. Being that I wanted to support my own habit at the time and didnt want my parents to pay, I used my allowance to buy myself giftcards and played as a crowns player, unlocking area by area. It was only recently when I recieved my own credit card that I accessed the ability to have open chat. That being said, those first few months as F2P were greatly enhanced by my ability to use text chat. When I didnt know why cards were grayed out I asked, when I saw the sacrifice card used for the first time I wanted to train it, it was a player who informed me it was death only. Limiting new players to just menu chat would restrict them from essential in game communication such as this while making it harder to make friends(the mainstay for non-PvP wizards) in between large updates or when not questing. I am not opposed to the goals of the WCP, I happen to have many of the founding members on my friends list. What I do think is that menu chat only is the wrong approach.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
182
I have to change my thought on this one, just because free trial wizards are violating the ToU that shouldnt mean the others should get punished for it. Text chat is the only special things free trial wizards have. Its best to stick with the regular rules, if they dont obey the rules they get muted or banned, if they do obey the rules nothing will happen to them. Simple as that, good day.

Explorer
May 10, 2009
58
I agree. While some of my best friends on Wizard101 are F2P(one is stuck on menu chat anyway) this should be in Wizard101. I'm tired of foul language on the game.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2190
FatesKin wrote:
Perhaps there has been some confusion, let me make myself clear. I am oppossed to limiting F2P players to just menu chat. The proposition to have F2P players have filtered chat but no access to open chat unless they have paid and have met the requirements seems like a much more reasonable solution. The reasons I am opposed to a menu chat only option is mainly due to my perspective and experiences in joining this game. I joined this game when I was 16/17. At the time I joined as a F2P player and played for several months before I ever got crowns. Being that I wanted to support my own habit at the time and didnt want my parents to pay, I used my allowance to buy myself giftcards and played as a crowns player, unlocking area by area. It was only recently when I recieved my own credit card that I accessed the ability to have open chat. That being said, those first few months as F2P were greatly enhanced by my ability to use text chat. When I didnt know why cards were grayed out I asked, when I saw the sacrifice card used for the first time I wanted to train it, it was a player who informed me it was death only. Limiting new players to just menu chat would restrict them from essential in game communication such as this while making it harder to make friends(the mainstay for non-PvP wizards) in between large updates or when not questing. I am not opposed to the goals of the WCP, I happen to have many of the founding members on my friends list. What I do think is that menu chat only is the wrong approach.


Fateskin, I understand your proposition. But, let me explain an incident I witnessed less than 2 weeks ago. I just happened to be in the Dye Shop in Wu realm with only about 4 or 5 other players in the shop. 2 of those players started chatting about their accounts. Both were on F2P accounts because 1 had his subbed account muted for 10 yrs the other one had his account banned. Now, in the course of the conversation, both of them stated they had Filtered chat only and would never be able to have open chat again according to their sanctions. Ok, now, do you think either of them had learned anything about the rules from this? Apparently not because the one with the 10 yr mute, proceeded to give the exact word that he was muted for in the first place. Did I report him, you bet your bottom dollar I did. This is just why we don't want those that break the rules to be able to create numerous F2P even with filtered chat. They still come right back into the game breaking the same rules. Too many times we have heard from various players bragging about how many accounts they have that has been muted or banned. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to see these same players right back in the game within minutes of an Instant mute?

Yesterday, I reported a player that was cursing and this is what he said, "come on, I am an adult", "well almost", "I am 16", REALLY? After he made these comments he continued to curse and each time it was just a little stronger or more extensive cursing. IF they took the hint the first time they were reported and used a little common sense, they and the community would be better and cleaner. But they don't. They just say, I got reported, start laughing about it and keep right on going.

I commend you for taking the responsibility to pay for your own game and not request that from your parents. In My opinion, for a 16/17 year old that shows Maturity and that you accept responsibility for what you do. If more Teenagers and older showed that kind of Maturity, there would be a lot less use of foul language in the game. The problems are not so much with the younger players although I have seen a few giving their ages in the game as 13 to 15 yrs of age and cursing up a storm as if they were sailors on a Galleon. In the past couple of weeks, since school is now in session for most if not all of the country, the foul language has also be reduced.

Last night, I did some realm hopping in the game and since most of the High school and college students are now pretty much tied up with homework, and school activities, the population in general was really very quiet. The subjects of discussion for the most part was about school and teachers. Yes there was still a couple of hot spots, but even those did not last long and after a few reports, the chatter cleaned up rather quickly. After seeing the kids talking about school, I began to think about all the really foul language and actions that had been taking place in the game for the bulk of the summer. Then, I thought hmmm, maybe the most of this bad behavior was being done by some of the upper classmen and college student s that should have known better than to act in this manner especially in a Kid/Family game environment. Those players should have been as responsible in reading the ToU that so many stated they either did not read or did not care. "It's just a game and they could do as they pleased".

It is not that we are trying to inconvenience anyone by asking for these changes. But instead, we are asking that they have to EARN the priviledge to have open/filtered chat. It should not take 20+ reports against a player that abuses the system before a warning sanction of not less than 1 month takes effect. A sanctioned player should not be able to be muted one minute and be back in the game 10 minutes later picking up where he left off.

If KI could come up with a way to prevent the multiple F2P accounts from being created by sanctioned players, I could probably accept the proposition you have stated.

I am not totally unreasonable, but I do want to help make this game safer and cleaner than what it has been.

Thank you for your input, it could very well be a workable solution. I do agree that communication is very helpful in the game, I am just tired of the abusive actions of some of the players.

Fallon WinterLeaf Founding Member WCP

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1025
Goldendragon- I can understand the frustration with these types of players. I have encountered this type of abuse in the game. I once used my friend in the Dye Shop as a portal stone for quick access to Olde Town. My friend was in game being harassed and trying her best to respond appropiately. Being that my main character is colored I was treated to some of the most racist and foul language imaginable when I told said players to watch their language and promptly reported them. One of the players then said, "ttyl *expletive, let me get my noob." which obviously referred to a character created for the sole purpose of bypassing the mute. That being said I still don't believe that banning filtered chat is the right way to go. Much as paying members do not want to limit their earned tools on account of the people on game who abuse the same priviledges, I don't feel its appropiate to punish new players for abuses they were neither involved in or even aware of. I certainly would hope that KI would find a way to monitor the proxy accounts you are referring to, but to punish the innocent as a way to control the guilty? That doesnt sit right with me.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1304
It's tough to suggest or to put into action, more and more restrictions to such a wonderful game.

Unfortunately, those few that refuse to abide by the rules are the ones that ruin it for all the great, fun players in the game.

When I started playing, I never hung out in the Commons or other open areas, as I was busy questing, school training, pet leveling, and buying goodies in the Bazaar.

Then, once in a while I hung out in the open areas, and received quite an eyeful. Many of the players who abuse the filtered and open chat, are low-level F2P, that think W101 is the new Facebook, where they can hang out with their friends and say whatever they want, saying "I can say whatever I want because I have open chat", or "Freedom of speech applies".

Like goldendragon pointed out (and others), many use F2P accounts for the purpose of socializing, cursing, and acting inappropriately, while their main wizard account is 'protected'. By restricting the F2P to menu chat, those that break the rules would not be able to come back into the game within minutes of their account being muted or banned and continue their behavior.

No one wants to see F2P have menu chat, however, as I pointed out, the few that do abuse the chat system are the ones that ruin it for the rest of us, and something needs to be done. By disabling them from creating a F2P account without filtered or open chat, that person who got muted or banned would not be able to re-enter the game within minutes. I would hope the abusers think twice about what they did to get muted or banned, and not do it again, since they would not be able to continue their behavior, because the new F2P account they created has menu chat only.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
goldendragon18 wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
vollans wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
Like I said before your kids can use menu chat, ignore button, or don't play the game at all. Also I have not seen these problems in the game due to focusing on pvp and questing. It sounds like the problems are in the free to play area which leads me to believe that you hang out in these areas. Simply by not staying in the commons or the dye shop you should be fine. :?


If you actually read the first two pages of this thread, you would know that it is NOT only in the free areas. The issues also exist in PvP, and beyond Wizard City. I honestly don't know how you can say you've spent so much time in the Arena, and not experienced swearing or worse when the other side is defeated. Unless you play with menu chat yourself.

If you take a look around the rest of the W101 forum you would find many other posts about bad language. The problem that many of us here are trying to get across is that the accounts of younger family members have been disabled and the kids can no longer play. It has evolved to visual interaction. Something that can not be avoided by making an account menu-chat


You say visual interaction though it is not possible. Wizard101 is a very censored game which I am fine with. You state that you don't wish to lose your right to chat though every other person also has that right. Just from skimming through this topic I can say that you are below 30 people wanting this movement. Now compare that to thousands of free players. Simply everyone gets equal rights.

Also with pvp. Yes of course I have seen people swearing, I report them, and move on. Though from what you have been stating it sounded like 30% or more of the players were constantly swearing. Usually if they do swear its do to losing. Otherwise the whole match is quiet.



I don't know how you can comment on something you apparently have not seen. If you think for one minute that "visual interaction" is not possible, then you have not stopped long enough to take a GOOD look around. It is possible. I and a few of my friends have been victims of this kind of behavior. It is even worse when those offender are giving a very explicit description of what is taking place. So don't tell us it is NOT POSSIBLE.

KI has worked very hard to make this game as safe as possible. You say you report and move on, fine, but the changes we are asking for will only enforce the safety of the game. It is not that big of an inconvenience and those that make the multiple F2P accounts just to stand around as if this were an ADULT CHAT ROOM, and not play the game as intended, really do not need to be there. If they want to play then that is what the need to be doing and not Harassing, cursing and just plain abusing the other players or the chat system.

Not everyone PAYING 2 PLAY started out by using open or filtered chat. Many did the same thing that I and others did. We tried the game through the F2P with Menu only. We had no problems with that and it should not be a problem for anyone else. What we have suggested is not unacceptable. If I had it to do all over again, I would still have done it the same way. Menu chat until I was ready to sub/crowns and completed the necessary requirements to have the PRIVILEDGE of Open/Filtered.

I also think that KI will stand to recover lost revenue from some of the accounts that have been cancelled and new accounts when prospective players learn that changes have been made to make the game safer for them and their kids. I have 2 young players waiting now to be able to play again but until things do change those accounts will remain disabled. (lost revenue) Some of the others that are posting and supporting this idea also have young players in their household that are not allowed to play because of the bad seeds that have taken over the game.

We have been told by many of the players to just turn off our chat if we don't want to see the trash. NO. We are PAYING members. We should not have to shut down a priviledge we do not abuse just so those players can continue saying anything and everything they wish. We play by the rules and it is not asking TOO MUCH for other to do the same.

Subbed accounts that have expired would automatically revert to Menu Chat only until the sub is reactivated. If you let the account expire you can't get past the F2P areas anyway so therefore, no reason to be standing around in the Commons or Shops. Cancelled accounts would also revert once their renewal date passed and the account was not renewed. If I let my accounts(2) expire or cancel them, that pretty much say that I am not going to be playing for a while and therefore will not be PAYING and therefore have NO business standing around chatting. If I want to chat with one of my friends here, there are other options I can use and not clog up the Commons or Shops.

This is KI's property, KI's rules.

Fallon WinterLeaf Founding Member WCP


I will assume you are talking about the dancing thing. I don't really consider it explicit content especially when all it is is dancing on another person. Obviously if you know about explicit content then you know the person that is doing it is being Obnoxious. Though I think kids start health class in 6 th grade or something so until that point they won't know the difference. This is obviously hypothetical because one I don't have kids and two I haven't seen any experiments out there on this kind of sociology.

Please do not state that your kids would interpret it unless you have some form of proof or another theory. Otherwise don't bother commenting.

Now talking about language while doing it is completely different. That is inexcusable.

Also I understand what you are trying to do you have posted that many times on my comments. You do not have to do this every single time. I try to give a new response unless the response I receive in return is just a repetition.

P.S. You still havent given me the list of games that has followed those standards. You also have given me the number of players that use those games. It sounds like you just made those up.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
flarzedrago9 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:

Aaron, Many of us started playing this game using menu chat only. We did not put CC on file just to be able to access open or filtered chat. Why? Because unless we decided to actually sub or purchase the game with crowns there was no need. Myself and many of my friends played this way for a few months and did not have a problem with it.

A lot of the foul language problems are being enhanced by to many with expired subs or F2P players congregating in public areas and cursing up a storm. Sadly, most do not care about the ToU/Chat rules and not all of them are kids.

Restricting the chat options is being used in other games as well and those players have to earn that priviledge. So by doing so here and putting requirements on the players will ensure they are playing and not loitering in public areas. Expired subs means those players are restricted to the F2P areas and therefore either need to reactivate their subs in order to have the priviledges that Open and filtered chat really are. If these are earned, it is less likely to be abused. The younger kids that are using the bad language are doing so by what they see others doing in the game. I don't think it is a good example to be setting.

Your assumption that the game is end is false if these changes are made. In reality, there will be many parents reactivating their child/rens accounts and many others that have already cancelled subs for the same reason would return.

What is not fair is the fact that those that do follow the rules are being told to go back to Menu chat so we can't see what is being said in the game. We pay for the priviledge to play and have open or filtered chat. We are not going to just shut that down because of those that choose to not follow the rules. We will continue to report and make suggestions to KI that we think will help restore the game to what it was a couple of years ago. We would like to let our young family members return to the game and be able to have fun again.

Fallon WinterLeaf a "Wizard City Protector"


Again, why not just have us get to Krok before getting text chat? MC for only F2P may allow your kids to play again, but at the expense of people who can't afford to renew their subs right away after it ends. It isn't fair to all the loyal players of Wizard101. A lot of F2P archmages do Practice PvP, but won't be able to think of strategies for it because they chat. That's an example. It takes away the fun of the game. How many of those parents only unsubbed because of chat issues. I doubt its a lot. Most of them unsubbed because money issues. Just simply report and ignore or switch realms to avoid these problems. Children have mostly likely already heard these words before, that doesn't mean they will start using it. What proof do you have that says most F2P are causes the all trouble? P2P use foul language all the time. I see it all the time. I report and switch realms. In a dungeon I ignore them and report. You are saying that when you weren't paying you had no problem at all with menu chat, but since you are paying now having menu chat is an outlandish option to avoid foul language. You guys are forgetting that either you have to take off the bubble wrap or someone else will. They won't just pop it, they'll pull it all off too. (I know terrible example)

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer


One more time Aaron, If their subs have expired or been cancelled, they can not go beyond the FREE 2 PLAY areas anyway. Once this happens, then the open and filtered chat should also revert to MENU chat. We are not saying it is ALL F2P that use foul language but under the current system, all they have to have is a CC on file to have open or filtered chat. We have seen many that have had their subbs perma-muted or perma-banned that have created numerous F2P with a CC on file just to SOCIALIZE in the F2P areas. These same players even tell others how to do this if they don't know. There is absolutely NO REASON for these players to use this game as an ADULT CHAT ROOM.

By putting the suggestions in place, it will ensure that if a new player really wants to play the game, they will complete the requirements that have been mentioned and either purchase the game with crowns or a sub. I would be one of the first to accept this kind of change if I could not keep my subs (2). At this point the only thing I would be able to do is create new wizards on the existing accounts and take them as far as I could until I was able to reactivate my subs. After that, if I can't afford to reactivate, then I really have no reason to be in the game now do I? I certainly do come here to chat and socialize at anytime and not for hours on end cursing.

As for the PvP arena, if those players are that determined then they will find a way to keep their subs. PvP is not the majority of the game and what good is practice if you can't do ranked? And the PvP arena has been just as infected with the bad language and behavior as the rest of the game.

Players need to learn there are things you can not do in the game and expect to continue without sanctions. So it is time for all to earn the priviledges for open and filtered chat.

And by the way, the suggestions that have been made do require a player to complete all quests and side quests except Night Side, Golem Tower and the History books. This would also mean that Colossus Blvd would have to be completed as well. Completing all of this would be the only way to advance to Krok. You would still have to sub or purchase the areas with crowns as they are now. We are not asking KI to extend the F2P area nor do we intend to. No CC on file, no gift card or debit card would be accepted as any proof until all is completed.

This has all been explained too many times now and is not that hard to understand.

Fallon WinterLeaf a "Wizard City Protector"


To avoid making this even longer this will mostly likely be my last post on this thread.

You forget that this is a game for kids, so do you really expect most of them to have a CC? You're also forgetting that most of them are probably ten years old. At that age kids love hitting a nerve, or just don't know better. Not all parents are willing to use CC, but may use Prepaid cards. Is isn't fair that because parents can't pay with CC, players who still used actual money shouldn't be able to chat?

You said that as a F2P you had no problem with menu chat, but now since you're paying menu chat is not an option. I never said they spent hours cursing. Many use Practice PvP to pan strategies or just kill time. They're not allowed to plan their next move with their teammates because they can't subscribe right away, that's fair. Like I said before switching realms and reporting isn't hard to do. They'll get muted and you don't have to deal with their abuse anymore. If they come back on another wizard and you're still there report them again. They'd stop after the second time.

Most of the "WCP" I've seen are flat out bullying. Some may try to discredit, but others aren't. Many of you get so worked up and start breaking the rules as well. Calling them the "Dark side" isn't acceptable. You're all regular players claiming you're taking a stand, but are acting no better than the rule breakers. The "WCP" group isn't needed, anyone could be considered a "WCP" is they did what you all claim you do. Starting a group is meaningless because they are so many others that do what you all say you do, but are against the "WCP." Am I one of them? No. Although I understand what you're all attempting to do, you're taking it way too far. The whole "WCP" idea is becoming outlandish, the majority of "WCP" are actually bullying those who may break the rules. Two wrongs don't make a right. The ones who use foul language are wrong and a large amount of "WCP" are also wrong by bullying others even without swearing around the filter.

I'm done here because I doubt you guys will get the point I'm trying to make, or are just too stubborn to admit you're taking it too far.

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer


Lol about time someone starts to realize. I keep posting because I am stubborn, enjoy debates, against it, and it helps my ego a bit lol.

All I see is the same responses nothing has changed. -.-

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
97
This is unfair, What about crowns players or gift card players? They wouldn't be able to chat just because they haven't paid? Also, being able to chat is one of the fun aspects of the game. Wizard101 might lose customers, people who are trying out this game for the first time want to experience CHAT and FRIENDS to bring them back and play more. And it's not like every single day you enter the commons, there is excessive rude profanity. Only on rare occasions, and with the wrong people. I think the chat system is fine the way it is. I mean whatever happened to simply ignoring and leaving? It isn't that big of a deal to make this big of a change. It would just limit the game way too much.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2012
15
@mom2mykidzcrcj
I couldn't get the links within your link to open either, so I did some digging and found this post by Prospector Zeke:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl
Your right. Scamming isn't a reportable offence. However, if there is anything more deplorable then letting you mouth run wild knowing that there are minors around, it is taking advantage of someone who doesn't know better and taking what is rightfully theirs in exchange for empty promises, or in this case cheating someone out of their hard-earned treasure cards. Even if the victim can learn a thing or two about critical thinking from this experience, it's still robbery as far as I'm concerned.

I'll hold back from reporting scamming until the policies change, but seeing only the victims of these scams suffer the consequences will still rustle my jimmies immensely.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
lazyboogers wrote:
@mom2mykidzcrcj
I couldn't get the links within your link to open either, so I did some digging and found this post by Prospector Zeke:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl
Your right. Scamming isn't a reportable offence. However, if there is anything more deplorable then letting you mouth run wild knowing that there are minors around, it is taking advantage of someone who doesn't know better and taking what is rightfully theirs in exchange for empty promises, or in this case cheating someone out of their hard-earned treasure cards. Even if the victim can learn a thing or two about critical thinking from this experience, it's still robbery as far as I'm concerned.

I'll hold back from reporting scamming until the policies change, but seeing only the victims of these scams suffer the consequences will still rustle my jimmies immensely.


I agree. I try to intervene when I see an obvious scam about to happen. I could not stop one scam so I gave the victim some nice cards.

I wish scamming was reportable. Often the victims are young children and they are so trusting. They lack the scam radar an older child or adult has.

Megan

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2190
kwikkar wrote:
This is unfair, What about crowns players or gift card players? They wouldn't be able to chat just because they haven't paid? Also, being able to chat is one of the fun aspects of the game. Wizard101 might lose customers, people who are trying out this game for the first time want to experience CHAT and FRIENDS to bring them back and play more. And it's not like every single day you enter the commons, there is excessive rude profanity. Only on rare occasions, and with the wrong people. I think the chat system is fine the way it is. I mean whatever happened to simply ignoring and leaving? It isn't that big of a deal to make this big of a change. It would just limit the game way too much.


Apparently you have bypassed many replies to this topic in order to post. But that is ok. If you are a Crowns player and have purchased the areas after the F2P areas, and completed any other questing requirements such as those already suggested, you would then be able to have the options to open/filtered chat the same as those that actually sub.

It is my understanding the even under the current system, Gift Cards do NOT apply to have open/filtered chat. I could be wrong about this but I do remember seeing something in another post that said they did not for the simple reason, they do not verify that the user is 18+.

I'll hold back from reporting scamming until the policies change, but seeing only the victims of these scams suffer the consequences will still rustle my jimmies immensely.

Lazyboogers, about the only thing you can do in this situation is to try and warn the victim if you see it happening. Some will actually listen if you tell them the scammer just wants their cards and will not give them anything in return. Unfortunately, there are some that want the item the scammer is offering bad enough, they will not take your advice and will continue with the "trade".

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
97
goldendragon18 wrote:
kwikkar wrote:
This is unfair, What about crowns players or gift card players? They wouldn't be able to chat just because they haven't paid? Also, being able to chat is one of the fun aspects of the game. Wizard101 might lose customers, people who are trying out this game for the first time want to experience CHAT and FRIENDS to bring them back and play more. And it's not like every single day you enter the commons, there is excessive rude profanity. Only on rare occasions, and with the wrong people. I think the chat system is fine the way it is. I mean whatever happened to simply ignoring and leaving? It isn't that big of a deal to make this big of a change. It would just limit the game way too much.


Apparently you have bypassed many replies to this topic in order to post. But that is ok. If you are a Crowns player and have purchased the areas after the F2P areas, and completed any other questing requirements such as those already suggested, you would then be able to have the options to open/filtered chat the same as those that actually sub.

It is my understanding the even under the current system, Gift Cards do NOT apply to have open/filtered chat. I could be wrong about this but I do remember seeing something in another post that said they did not for the simple reason, they do not verify that the user is 18+.


Apparently YOU have bypassed my other, more important reasons for not making this change. It seems like you're saying that only 18+ players should be able to chat at all. Gift cards still cost money, whether $10 or $40 so if someone is going to pay that much for images on a screen, they should be allowed to get what they want. I think this is like cheating the buyers, and like I said before, Wizard101 would lose new customers. Also as stated before, not much profanity could be said with just text chat and that is why it is already required that 18+ players only are allowed to get open chat. To take text chat away too from players? No I don't agree. And ignoring and leaving is the simplest, and easiest way to avoid filthy-minded people in the game. A huge change in chat like this is really, not close to being neccessary, especially with ignoring, reporting, and now hall monitors.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2190
kwikkar wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
kwikkar wrote:
This is unfair, What about crowns players or gift card players? They wouldn't be able to chat just because they haven't paid? Also, being able to chat is one of the fun aspects of the game. Wizard101 might lose customers, people who are trying out this game for the first time want to experience CHAT and FRIENDS to bring them back and play more. And it's not like every single day you enter the commons, there is excessive rude profanity. Only on rare occasions, and with the wrong people. I think the chat system is fine the way it is. I mean whatever happened to simply ignoring and leaving? It isn't that big of a deal to make this big of a change. It would just limit the game way too much.


Apparently you have bypassed many replies to this topic in order to post. But that is ok. If you are a Crowns player and have purchased the areas after the F2P areas, and completed any other questing requirements such as those already suggested, you would then be able to have the options to open/filtered chat the same as those that actually sub.

It is my understanding the even under the current system, Gift Cards do NOT apply to have open/filtered chat. I could be wrong about this but I do remember seeing something in another post that said they did not for the simple reason, they do not verify that the user is 18+.


Apparently YOU have bypassed my other, more important reasons for not making this change. It seems like you're saying that only 18+ players should be able to chat at all. Gift cards still cost money, whether $10 or $40 so if someone is going to pay that much for images on a screen, they should be allowed to get what they want. I think this is like cheating the buyers, and like I said before, Wizard101 would lose new customers. Also as stated before, not much profanity could be said with just text chat and that is why it is already required that 18+ players only are allowed to get open chat. To take text chat away too from players? No I don't agree. And ignoring and leaving is the simplest, and easiest way to avoid filthy-minded people in the game. A huge change in chat like this is really, not close to being neccessary, especially with ignoring, reporting, and now hall monitors.


I did not bypass your other reasons for not wanting this kind of change. I think I answered them without going into a lengthy post.

As for saying that not much provanity could be said with Text Chat, then, I will say you need to take your blinders off and stop and take a REALLY good look around.... If it were not possible for Text Chatters to bypass the filters (Which they have already done), then we would not be here asking for changes to be made.

Many players have lied about their age to get Open chat. This is another reason KI has made changes in the Accounts system in order to try to stop that too.

Ignoring and leaving to you may be the simplest way to AVOID these issues, but that is why the game has gotten to the point it has. Players asked for the "Report" button back in 2009. Over time, many players like ourselves did not take the time to stop and look around in the commons, shopping district or any other public area to see what was really going on. Some of us have already admitted we accept some of the blame for this. We did not do what we should have. We were always running to the bazaar and IGNORING everything else.

We will not ignore and leave. We will when we see it report it. Yes, we know about the "Hall Monitors". That does not mean there will be one in EVERY little corner of the game. If that does happen then Great. If it does not, we will still report. KI did not take anyones "Report" buttons away just for this reason, but they do expect players to not ABUSE it.

If you want to know why all of this started here is a link to a post from June of 2012. You will not read what the post originally stated but if you look at a reply that "Quoted" the OP, you will find the exact word Her 9 yr old daughter was called IN THE GAME.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/50589.ftl#282134

That topic is why some of us made a move that many have objected to. We took our blinders of and stopped to take a look. If you had seen what we did at that time, you might look at some of this a little differently.

Now to address your comment about the "Gift Cards". Below is a quote from a topic titled "Chatting Clarifications" posted by Professor Greyrose on July 24, 2012. This topic can be found under Headmaster's Announcements and in Ravenwood Commons Forums. I have also included the link for this topic.

You will notice that it states a VALID CREDIT CARD. That does not include Gift Cards. The Credit Card has to be on file in the Accounts Management.

2. Filtered chat - you must have made a purchase with a valid CREDIT CARD to move an account from menu chat to filtered chat (yes, it's Federal law (COPPA to be exact) and no, we're not going to mess with the Feds just because you accidentally put in the wrong date of birth (see #1)).

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/52195.ftl

When players realize that rules were made for a reason and start following those rules, there will be a lot less abuse of the chat system.

Have a good day.

Fallon WinterLeaf Founding Member WCP

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
182
It makes me laugh that you think making the game safer is by taking chat away from F2P, while in reality you would be ruining their game experience. So Wc protectors is this what you do all day?, purposely going to wu realm to report someone?, Its sad if you do I bet these offenders dont come to you, you come to them. Stop worrying about them and worry about yourselves, the only reason why you think this game is not safe is because you purposely go to the worst realm hoping to find swearing so you can report them. All i see is that you guys are looking for trouble and you try to "fix it", just leave it to the professionals which are ki workers.

Connor goldenflame, Founder of the Anti Wc protectors because i am the only one in it :P

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
182
goldendragon18 wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
Alright golden I have a question for you. You talk of profanity and how it has plagued this game. Though my question is what do you consider profanity. The definition of profanity is quiet vague which can lead to different view points. I view profanity as using the f, b, a, and s words. I don't view crap as profanity. Also another question how come you see so much of it? You have stated many times to "open your eyes". I am not oblivious. I do see profanity but what you describe is much more profanity than what I see.


Snowy, the letters you gave for certain words are correct.

If you had read my last post you would see that I gave a link to another topic. That topic is what started the WCP. I am sure that at some point during your adventures in the game you probably heard some player say stay away from realm Wu.

The incident from the linked post happened in WU. That is why we started in that realm. If you had seen what we did, then you might take a different view of just how bad this problem has become. You could not pass through the Commons, go to the Shopping District, the Dye Shop and I have also heard from others the same thing was happening in the Bazaar. The language would make your eyes pop out of your head and set your ears to burning if you were actually able to HEAR what was said.

Wu is still a little busy with a few players still cursing around the filters but I can guarantee you it is not near what it was 2 months ago. Now that the Hall Monitors are in the game, it is showing these players that KI is taking this seriously by giving them the ability to mute a player on the spot and then the Senior Staff will review the chat log and will determine the sanction they will impose on that player. For some, it will be a short term mute and for others depending on the severity of the infraction, a ban.

No, you don't hear as much in other areas or realms of the game but it is still there. I have seen some and so have a few other WCP members in some of the other realms. I did infact report some in Scarecrow just a few nights ago. Some of the others have seen it in Unicorn, Wraith, Vampire and a few others as well. It just is not as rampant as it was in Wu. At one point, you would hear players saying "let's go to WU realm, it is cool there". Now, we are hearing "Wu is not fun anymore". Why, because the profanity is being reduced dramatically. You never know where a Hall Monitor may be.

KI is placing the Hall Monitors in the game in order to make a point to the community that They have also had enough of this kind of abuse of the chat system. It could very well be an option they hope will prevent the need to make changes in the F2P chat options. If that is there intention, I really hope it works.

If KI can prevent a player from creating a F2P account once they have been muted or at least the number of accounts they can make, Then even that will reduce the amount of cursing that is taking place now. But changes do need to be made even if it is removing Chat options from F2P accounts.

It makes me laugh that you think making the game safer is by taking chat away from F2P, while in reality you would be ruining their game experience. So Wc protectors is this what you do all day?, purposely going to wu realm to report someone?, Its sad if you do I bet these offenders dont come to you, you come to them. Stop worrying about them and worry about yourselves, the only reason why you think this game is not safe is because you purposely go to the worst realm hoping to find swearing so you can report them. All i see is that you guys are looking for trouble and you try to "fix it", just leave it to the professionals which are ki workers.

Conno, IF taking chat away from F2P accounts is the only way to really make a difference then so be it. Open chat was NOT in the game until July of 2009. Many of us (even OLDER) players started with MENU chat until we decided whether we wanted to play past the F2P areas. For some of us did sub the game which I did in Feb 2009, I only had Text Chat since Open still was not available. Now, I am going to give you a little quote from Professor Greyrose regarding that update.

Here is the link as well to that topic, as you may want to read the rest of the post.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/10807.ftl#54227

Open Chat
One of the enhancements to Wizard101 in July was the addition of Open Chat*. Open Chat allows players a more open communication environment between 18+ players who have a valid credit card on file with us.

This chat feature is in response to our community's requests. To ensure the highest level of safety, we have chosen to launch this for our active Subscriber community only. Please note that this option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management at Wizard101.com.

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.


As for what many of the members of WCP do all day? Many of us work, Some are retired or disabled. Do we spend all our time in the game in WU, NO. Since our members are in different areas of the Country, there are different ones in the game at different times. But we also have a life OUTSIDE the game we do have families and other responsibilities. We also quest, train pets, garden and craft, so it would really be impossible for us to just spend all our time in Wu or any other realm for that matter.

As for what you think about our group or what we do, that is your opinion and entitled to it. As for what we really do in the game, we are not breaking any rules, we are not getting muted or banned. We HAVE chosen to use the tools KI gave ALL members. KI, The Professionals are Taking steps to make the game safer which I and many others appreciate more than you can possibly know.

Fallon WinterLeaf Founding Member WCP (we are not disbanding)
Did i say you were disbanding?, lol your not a big team and its not like your group is worth anything. Leave F2P alone and worry about yourself, your the ones who make the mistake of entering a realm that takes out family friendly its your choice to stumble there. Do you not trust the ToU, are you going to rebel against it since there giving text chat to F2P?. I dont think so, and i suggest you stop complaining. Unless you think ToU isnt strict enough...

Connor Goldenflame, Anti Wc Protector

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2190
conno365 wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
Alright golden I have a question for you. You talk of profanity and how it has plagued this game. Though my question is what do you consider profanity. The definition of profanity is quiet vague which can lead to different view points. I view profanity as using the f, b, a, and s words. I don't view crap as profanity. Also another question how come you see so much of it? You have stated many times to "open your eyes". I am not oblivious. I do see profanity but what you describe is much more profanity than what I see.
I think our Wc protector has given up on this war.

Connor, Anti Wc protector


LOL. Connor, Not hardly. I did not make this suggestion to KI just to turn around and walk away from it. I am open however to anyone making other CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions that could possibly accomplish the same outcome as Menu Chat only for F2P.

As for replying to anymore UN-constructive posts, I will not.

Fallon WinterLeaf Founding Member WCP

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
conno365 wrote:
I think our Wc protector has given up on this war.

Connor, Anti Wc protector


You would be ever so wrong. We remain vigilant. Hall Monitors are doing an excellent job. We are playing the game and enjoying watching the Hall Monitors take care of business.

I still report people as I go through common areas if a Hall Monitor is not present.

Megan

Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
63
conno365 wrote:
It makes me laugh that you think making the game safer is by taking chat away from F2P, while in reality you would be ruining their game experience.

Who's game experience is being ruined? Do you mean the people create so many accounts which sole purpose is to "socialize"? That's not playing the game as intended. There can be no "game experience" if there is no game being played.

conno365 wrote:
So Wc protectors is this what you do all day?, purposely going to wu realm to report someone?

Actually, no. We all have lives offline. As has been stated, some of us have jobs; we are educators, law enforcement, burger flippers, bus drivers, cab drivers, or cashiers. Some of us are in school. Some of us have medical issues that have to be addressed daily in order for us to function on a coherent level.

conno365 wrote:
Its sad if you do I bet these offenders dont come to you, you come to them.

Actually, no. Some of the offenders DO come and find us, wherever we might be.
For example, Friday I was Questing in Celestia, on the Satyr server. Two of them joined my battle - I recognized the name, faces, and clothing from Wu Dye shop.
They started to harass me by calling me all kinds of nasty racist names. These two followed me through three fights. Not once did either of them select an attack. If one of them died they simply ported back to the other.
So you see, THEY hunted ME down.
I did not look for them.

conno365 wrote:
the only reason why you think this game is not safe is because you purposely go to the worst realm hoping to find swearing so you can report them.

This is not limited to Wu. Not one little bit. Wu just happens to be the epicenter of the problem.

conno365 wrote:
All i see is that you guys are looking for trouble and you try to "fix it", just leave it to the professionals which are ki workers.

KingsIsle gave every single player the tools they need in order to inform them of the problems that need to be fixed. They would very likely not even know there were problems if no body let them know.

conno365 wrote:
Connor goldenflame, Founder of the Anti Wc protectors because i am the only one in it :P

It's funny. You used to be a member of WCP's group. Did you purposely go looking for the group so you can find out what we're saying about people that swear behind closed doors? A little hypocritical, don't you think?

"Alia" - Wizard City Protector and Member of the Watch