Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mega-Pip & Grand-Pip

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 01, 2010
665
emilo wrote:
As someone could probably guess, my idea for a mega pip is a pip that counts for three pips. To obtain a mega pip, one must have a "secondary" pip chance. to see how this works, imagine two coins. and suppose that primary pip chance and secondary pip chance are 50% So normally, when a coin is "heads", it would produce a power pip.
If both coins are "heads", then a mega pip is obtained.
If only one is "heads", then it is a power pip.
If neither coins are "heads" then it's a normal pip.
So a player with a 50% normal pip chance and 50% secondary pip chance has a 50% power pip chance, 25% mega pip chance, and a 25% normal pip chance. Since it requires two stats to calculate, both one's secondary pip chance, and mega pip chance are shown on a character screen.
The main reason I really want this to become a reality is because the rank 9 spells are pretty much taking too much time to really be practical in my opinion. It also paves the way for even stronger spells. (But considering most of my previous posts, this one will be rejected :( )



My mind cant wrap around that coin thing that you have, but is this basically what you mean? You have your normal pip chance, then there is a mega pip chance (much lower), if the mega pip chance shows up, a mega will appear, regardless of pip/power pip? Anyway, I think its a bit too early for this, unless the MP% is rediculously low.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1589
emilo wrote:
As someone could probably guess, my idea for a mega pip is a pip that counts for three pips. To obtain a mega pip, one must have a "secondary" pip chance. to see how this works, imagine two coins. and suppose that primary pip chance and secondary pip chance are 50% So normally, when a coin is "heads", it would produce a power pip.
If both coins are "heads", then a mega pip is obtained.
If only one is "heads", then it is a power pip.
If neither coins are "heads" then it's a normal pip.
So a player with a 50% normal pip chance and 50% secondary pip chance has a 50% power pip chance, 25% mega pip chance, and a 25% normal pip chance. Since it requires two stats to calculate, both one's secondary pip chance, and mega pip chance are shown on a character screen.
The main reason I really want this to become a reality is because the rank 9 spells are pretty much taking too much time to really be practical in my opinion. It also paves the way for even stronger spells. (But considering most of my previous posts, this one will be rejected :( )



interesting
so your mega pip chance should start to occur at lvl 60
your mega pip chance will be half of what your power pip chance is

nice idea

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
20
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but can it be 2 pips to others schools while being 3 pips to yo school? and what would it look like?It really annoys me when i have to use all my power pips to use stormzilla when only worth 1 pip to it :( :x

Nicholas DarkBlade Lvl 57

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
78
Not gonna happen because of the fact that Storm wizards would destroy us in 1v1 pvp and tempest us everywhere else, especially in pve

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
117
That is an awesome idea! Since Power Pips are yellow, maybe a Mega Pip could be orange.

Ian Crowrider
Magus (Level 36)
Sorcerer
Cave of Solitude

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
72
Lucario450 wrote:
Not gonna happen because of the fact that Storm wizards would destroy us in 1v1 pvp and tempest us everywhere else, especially in pve

Hardly, by the time storm wizards could pull this off effectively, Other schools would have a powerful spell for it. (Mega pip chance isn't gonna be THAT high)

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
72
Guys.

Mega pip chance isn't half of power pip chance, it's just half in my example.
If a player has 100% power pip chance, but a 1% secondary pip chance. Then what the player has is 99% power pip chance, 1% mega pip chance, and a 0% normal pip chance. Okay, think of it like this.
The secondary pip chance will "upgrade" the pip. so if the primary pip chance produces a power pip, then it depends on the mega pip chance to turn it into a mega pip. If after the primary pip chance it is still a normal pip, then the secondary pip chance can turn it into a power pip. This also means that if you have a secondary pip chance of 100, but a primary pip chance of 0(which would be impossible) you have a mega pip chance of zero, but a power pip chance of 100. I hope there is no more confusion.

(Chances of it becoming a reality are probably zero already)

Explorer
May 10, 2009
58
Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
Your not the first one to post this, and do you know how much chaos that pip will do for pvp?

Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
2
i think that in the new update of wizard101 there should be Ultra Pips. They would either give three pips and would be any color the creators think of, i say green, or four pips. I think this would be interesting for level sixty-nine and up.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
13
This would be cool because maybe they could count a 2 pips for other schools because i am death right now and i have an efreet spell i have been dying to use but i cant because power pips only count as one pip for other schools :(.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
66
I think it would be an awesome idea if there were super pips. So there are normal pips (1) power pips (2) and then comes super pips (3). I think in order to get a super pip should be less common than a power pip like a max of a 25% chance of getting one. Awesome Idea?

James Hawkeyes
level 57
Grandmaster

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
15
Guys, I think it's time for Wizard101 to introduce the Tri-pip. Frankly it's frustrating seeing only two power pips near your feet while the enemy is surrounded with them. I think it's time for us wizards to gain an advantage. It should work like a power pip (as in you can only use if for your school/ mastery amulet), but I think it should also work as a power pip for not-your-school spells (i.e. with a tri-pip you'd only need one to cast lightning bat if you were, say, a balance wizard). I think this is needed because we're approaching rank 11 spells and soon enough we'll reach rank 14 spells and then it'll be impossible to go any higher... unless Kingsisle wanted to increase the number of pips you can have, but it would take FOREVER to cast a rank 13 or 14 or 15 spells, especially if you don't have a very good pip% at that point.

Valkoor Shadowcaster, Archmage Necromancer

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
763
what if you get 100% power pip percentage and some percent of super pip?

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
The Endless Sorcer... on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Guys, I think it's time for Wizard101 to introduce the Tri-pip. Frankly it's frustrating seeing only two power pips near your feet while the enemy is surrounded with them. I think it's time for us wizards to gain an advantage. It should work like a power pip (as in you can only use if for your school/ mastery amulet), but I think it should also work as a power pip for not-your-school spells (i.e. with a tri-pip you'd only need one to cast lightning bat if you were, say, a balance wizard). I think this is needed because we're approaching rank 11 spells and soon enough we'll reach rank 14 spells and then it'll be impossible to go any higher... unless Kingsisle wanted to increase the number of pips you can have, but it would take FOREVER to cast a rank 13 or 14 or 15 spells, especially if you don't have a very good pip% at that point.

Valkoor Shadowcaster, Archmage Necromancer
Nice. I don't think it should work as a powerpip for not your school, that is going to cause chaos, talking about riots on the message boards. I do agree this needs to come in, but not in the near future.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
98
I agree that we need a third starting power pip, but I don't think we need a pip that gives three pips just yet.
Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 85
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 77
Christina Goldenheart Level 71

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2089
I think we need to get more starting pips rather than a pip that equals 3 pips. Think of it this way, before WE can get the 3-pip pip, the monsters will first. So now they'll have 7 triple pips at the start of every duel. I'm all for evening the odds, but not when it will be used against us (as has been their m.o.)

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
66
critical blizzard on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
what if you get 100% power pip percentage and some percent of super pip?
Well first it would decide if you should get a super pip as it does with a power pip so since the super pip is a higher ranking pip then it would ingor the lower pips unless you dont get one. Then it would go to the power pip and so on.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2013
13
I have actually seen a few wizard lds with tri pips... or maybe my eyes tricked.
Either way if KI actually accepts the idea the pips should be color red.
Hope my suggestion is "reasonable"
Fiona Thunderfist / Travis

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
194
I actually thought about this and thought about calling it a Mega Pip. I think this would only come out when (and if) the rank 15 Spells come out.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
305
This will happen for pipological reasons (lol pipological). No matter who comes up with this idea or if anyone ever came up with this idea, it would be added anyway if KI got successful in anyone and now we need it in 2 worlds.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
763
i have seen this idea its kewl but what if you have 100% power pip % and some tri-pip %?

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
3
I honestly think that there should be a new pip in the Wizard101 game. It should glow a royal blue, and be worth 3 pips. This would be very helpful for casting more powerful spells in the future. It should also be called the Super Pip. So then there would be a Pip, Power Pip, and Super Pip. It makes sense to me, and I would like KingsIsle to take this into consideration. Comment please, if you like this idea. :)

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
42
It was a marginal idea the last several times it has been posted. But thanks for keeping the dream alive.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
137