Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lock Character Option

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2014
Suggestion:

The ability to lock characters. This would be simple yet useful. You can prevent your characters deletion by putting a lock onto it. To remove the lock, simply apply that setting with either your master password, or an option in the actual control panel of the master account.

Thoughts?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't really see the need for it. You have to confirm deleting the wizard by entering in ABRACADABRA as it is and you shouldn't be sharing your login so no one else should have access to your account.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Timothy Ice on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
Suggestion:

The ability to lock characters. This would be simple yet useful. You can prevent your characters deletion by putting a lock onto it. To remove the lock, simply apply that setting with either your master password, or an option in the actual control panel of the master account.

Thoughts?
Nifty Idea, but usually, upon promptly request, KI's support team can restore deleted characters for you.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
My cousin could use this but, where you can't get on the wizard unless you know the password.... i have spent $50 on him to get where he's viable to quest, he fished so much for chests to get pets, and somewhat gear.. his brother would get on, sell every single thing and buy like 50 large flower pots, hate how they look and trash them..... and if he doesnt let his brother get on his account, he pitches a fit and my cousin gets grounded....so a password for the wizard to get on would be superb

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
That's awful Camahawk. So sorry your cousin is going through that. :(

Sounds like his brother is purposely trolling him. Who needs 50 large flowerpots and why wouldn't he know what it looked like after he bought one or two. :/ And why would he need to play his brother's wizard at all.

Sorry to hear that.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
You shouldn't share Wizard101 passwords because they will have access to everything on that Wizard. The solution would be to have each cousin have an individual account for Wizard101. That would probably be best. If that just is completely not doable: There are six wizards per account. One cousin can have a character and another cousin gets another. This is kind of what I had to do with my little cousins. The one that is old enough to play is fine, but their younger sibling wanted to play Wizard101 too. So if it ever gets to be a fight as to who gets to play with me I switch it over to a Wizard that I created just for the younger one. (Their young enough I have to help them with it most the time anyway, but maybe I'll have a future Wizard101 playing companion when they're a little older.) This lasts for a few minutes till they get tired and we can switch back to the older one and we can continue back on their wizard.

Anyway, again I strongly recommend that your cousin's just get two accounts. I feel that this would solve most of your issues. It also would prevent any violations of terms of use. KI isn't very happy when you share your password like that.....

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
It probably would be nice to get that lock character option to make myself feel more safe about keeping my wizards secure.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
SparkleTude on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
That's awful Camahawk. So sorry your cousin is going through that. :(

Sounds like his brother is purposely trolling him. Who needs 50 large flowerpots and why wouldn't he know what it looked like after he bought one or two. :/ And why would he need to play his brother's wizard at all.

Sorry to hear that.
quote unquote mother drinking during pregs....... and he's like 10 so.... yeah... so having you able to password/lock charaters would be great