Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Requirement for Worlds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2012
19
I disagree. I disagree because I am level 33 in MooShu. Just because people are low leveled doesn't mean that they aren't I'm that world. When people get crowns or membership, they want to go to each world as soon as possible. They don't do side quests.

I am Scarlet MistCloud and I am a fire student.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
39
octagig on Aug 25, 2008 wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to place level requirements on the worlds, reasonable levels that a person would be at when they reach a new world. Lately I am seeing more and more people taking lower level friends through high level worlds to get them to level up faster.

It just seems like it takes away from the game and isn't really fair to those of us who actually worked to get to where we are. It would also cut back on the number of noobs who teleport in, add an enemy, then leave because it is too overwhelming for them.

Results

Should there be level requirements for worlds?
Yes 47%
No 53%
Ihave to disagree with you on this one. Low levels or "noobs" have the right to do things under leveled. But it is obnoxious when they join our battles. it would be nice if when someone tries to join there would be a pop up saying, "allow ______ level ___ _____ school to join? Or to be able to kick people out of the battle if you were the first person to join. I have been in a lot of situations where a low level wizard (usually menu chat) joins my battles and wastes my traps. KI, please take this into consideration.

~Tara Frostgem true diviner

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
69
Yes, think about it: Isn't it annoying when you're in Dragonspyre or Celestia when an Adept joins the battle?
Here are my thoughts:
Wizard City: All
Krokotopia: Level 13+
Marleybone: Level 25+
MooShu: Level 35+
Dragonspyre: Level 40+
Celestia: Level 50+
Zafaria: Level 62+
Avalon: Level 70+
Azteca: Level 80+
Okay, I know this might be crazy but still I really get annoyed when lower levels invade.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
204
I don't think there should be level requirements because what if a wizard is done with Wizard City, but isn't high enough to do Krokotopia? He might not like to do side quests, also he finishes WC quickly and it turns out he can't continue because hes not a high enough level.And also, people have been complaining about name calling, so don't call the younger players *noobs*.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
robotdino123 on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
I don't think there should be level requirements because what if a wizard is done with Wizard City, but isn't high enough to do Krokotopia? He might not like to do side quests, also he finishes WC quickly and it turns out he can't continue because hes not a high enough level.And also, people have been complaining about name calling, so don't call the younger players *noobs*.
There is no level requirement for entering Krokotopia. You must finish the main story quests in Wizard City to gain spiral key access to Krokotopia.

Landlie9, most of this discussion is regarding vastly underleveled wizards porting into 2nd arc worlds (Celestia and beyond where most wizards are level 50+).

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
27
here is the solution:
Only aloud people at certain levels to not port to their stronger piers so they won't risk their lives. but if not you should at least make it impossible for them to harm enemies of a rank above what they can handle so they can't join the battles and only aloud them to walk around without walking in the middle and annoy people's duels. and further more, make a banned so if someone is weak they can't enter dungeons or towers that have powerful monsters if they are not within the require rank to join without permission by giving them a warning in case they try to port to a friend there to help out. Why you people never bother to ask before porting to a higher up and make the battle worst!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
I still feel that if you would take away the xp received from people that donot have the key to a world would be a good start. That alone would deter alot of powerlevelers but people that use lower leveled assists could still do that.

Taking away xp would lower the amount of underlevels from worlds and would in turn lower the % of people having issues with theose underlevels.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
192
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
I still feel that if you would take away the xp received from people that donot have the key to a world would be a good start. That alone would deter alot of powerlevelers but people that use lower leveled assists could still do that.

Taking away xp would lower the amount of underlevels from worlds and would in turn lower the % of people having issues with theose underlevels.
Ok this makes sense. Finally some middle ground. It would help weed out some underlevels but still allow the players that use low level help to continue, This would work.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
230
it should be

wizard city-1
krokatopia-11
grizzleheim-20
wysteria-25
marleybone-36
mooshu-41
dragonspyre-46
celistia-57
zaferia-69
avalon-76
azeteca-83

Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
13
fireproof1111 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
Well with no membership or crowns you cannot port to other worlds Lollypop so this wont affect that in the sense.
You require the membership or the zone purchased before you can enter or port to a world.
Sorry, my mistake but i havent completed the tomb of storms in krok.

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
55
lol i'm lvl 57 and i JUST started celestia xD

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
10
i agree with not letting people teleport in unless they are a certain level. i get tired of people jumping into a battle specialy when i am about to finish off a battle and only have a little life left and they die and i die and i loose out on the exprience and quest completion possible. i think also if you jump into a battle on purpose or by accident they should be forced to stay and fight or be penalised and after so many penalised points be bank for a day.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
tobydesmith on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
i agree with not letting people teleport in unless they are a certain level. i get tired of people jumping into a battle specialy when i am about to finish off a battle and only have a little life left and they die and i die and i loose out on the exprience and quest completion possible. i think also if you jump into a battle on purpose or by accident they should be forced to stay and fight or be penalised and after so many penalised points be bank for a day.
See that would work also if it could be done right. Dont have a level cap just make it so people have to stay and fight.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
230
Tyler Legendfriend on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
it should be

wizard city-1
krokatopia-11
grizzleheim-20
wysteria-25
marleybone-36
mooshu-41
dragonspyre-46
celistia-57
zaferia-69
avalon-76
azeteca-83
i am the same person again and i disagree with my old one it really should be:

Wizard City-all
Krok-11+
Marleybone-25+
Mooshu-34+
Dragonspyre-42+
Celestia-51+
Grizzleheim-20+
Zaferia-64+
Wintertusk-62+
Avalon-71+
Azteca-79+

Tyler Legendfriend level 37 magus necromancer(currently working on counterweight west miklorhein keep i didn't spell it right and also one Celestia quest

Survivor
Sep 14, 2011
5
you do realize that you have to be level 20 to go to Grizzleheim.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
BazookaJane on Sep 16, 2008 wrote:
I have not had this happen to me very often, people joining a battle and then fleeing, but if it's as big a problem as it seems to be, I'm willing to bet that most of the players fleeing these battles are doing it deliberately (griefing). If that's the case, then blocking lower level players from higher level areas won't solve the problem.

I agree with what someone above said about giving out stricter punishments for fleeing. Yes, there are many legitimate reasons to flee a battle, but if someone is fleeing 5, 10, 20 battles a day, chances are they are doing it on purpose.

A limit could be placed on how many battles you can flee a day without any consequence other than the mana drain, maybe 3? If you flee a battle past your daily limit, you are blocked from re-entering the area you ran away from for an hour or so.

Thoughts?
When you flee you could be unable to join a battle or dungeon and semi-transparent with a green hue for 5 minutes!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
RottenHeart on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
When you flee you could be unable to join a battle or dungeon and semi-transparent with a green hue for 5 minutes!
I think mixing your and rubymans ideas together would be good. After so many flees you become transparent for set time. That would be a good implement into the game. I dont like the idea of it happening first flee because some people do have the port die strategy going and alot port out when in group to charge and come back so this idea might affect them to a point that it wouldnt work but idk. It is a good start to an idea though.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
37
I don't want to turn off my 'master' port option because if I'm battling with a friend at my level who dies they won't be able to port right back to me after potioning.

Why not just add a button on the player profile pop up allowing you to block a particular person from porting to you? Kind of like 'ignore'. You can still be friends, still chat, etc. but they can't port to you unless you 'uncheck' it.

I like to help lower levels but I don't want them randomly porting into my battles, pulling in another enemy (especially when I've just cast a critical Ra), then crying to be healed. Yes, I could delete them but I'd rather TEACH them. especially when it is a young player who just doesn't understand the nuances of common courtesy yet even when you ask them nicely not to port without permission.

Yesterday this happened so much with low levels porting into my battle partner (and she's too nice to say anything to them) that I almost shut off the game. At the minimum, I am ready to delete all friends on my list who aren't at least level 50. It would be a shame to have to do this.

The ability to decide who can port to you and who can't would resolve the issue on a case by case basis, and eliminate a ton of frustration, especially when having friends without text chat. I know some would screech at first, but eventually it would be accepted as a common gameplay tool.

At the minimum, add a 'Do Not Port Without Asking' option on the menu chat.

I've worked really hard to get my wizard as high as she is (almost level 78 now), by spending a lot of crowns and time on her. I am an adult and Wiz 101 is my relaxation and form of keeping my brain sharp. Please don't ruin my enjoyment of the game by continuing to allow this random porting.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
230
crazysteve25 on Feb 2, 2011 wrote:
yes yes yes yes!!!!! everyone vote YES........i hate noobs in higher areas they annoy me
Me too.I really think that also.I hate it when a bunch of people ported to me when i was in kensington park.Here are the lvl requirements:

Wizard city 1
Krokatopia 12
Marleybone 24
Mooshu 33
Dragonspyre 41
Celeistia 49
Grizzleheim 20
Wintertusk 52
Zaferia 61
Avalon 72
Azteca 80

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
i agree with crazysteve.

recently, i (65 storm) was questing with some friends (68 death and 60 life) in zafaria. we got separated on our way to a dungeon and thought that death, who'd ended up in another realm, could just port to us.but life and i entered the ring together and, as if on cue, these 2 low-levels (25/30) ported to her. this was a problem, for many reasons:

-death, who had the quest and could actually contribute something to the group, couldn't get into the dungeon because it was full;

-i am storm. i have very low health and cannot heal others; my job is to kill before i get killed.

-life, who already has awful stats, now has to waste her pips on healing to keep her friends alive, which holds up the rest of us.

they all died, and i got killed by a critical bolt that i did not block (gotta love storm, lol); if life had healed me instead, i could have killed the boss and we would have completed the quest. but the level 30 who was healed died immediately following, and we had to start over.

the next run, me and death went in together; this time, life ported in and only one level 30 came. but, having 3 functioning members on the team, who were adequately equipped to deal with the challenges posed by the dungeon, made a big difference.

i don't care if it's a level lock, a qp-lock, whatever. fact is, porting in uninvited is an inconvenience to the whole team and should be restricted, if not done away with completely.


worth noting: i have 2 accounts and use my high-level wizards to help the noobs out. shadowsong, my level 90 balance wizard with nothing better to do at the moment, is helping iridian (my baby myth) finish wizard city; she heals and blades, but does not hit~ iridian fights her own battles, and i do not power-level any of my wizards. when irid levels up, she will get a buddy closer to her own level to quest with (either my 25 myth or 22 fire).

my point: alt accounts are not excuses to be where you don't belong.

-von

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
Dr Von on Feb 19, 2013 wrote:
i agree with crazysteve.

recently, i (65 storm) was questing with some friends (68 death and 60 life) in zafaria. we got separated on our way to a dungeon and thought that death, who'd ended up in another realm, could just port to us.but life and i entered the ring together and, as if on cue, these 2 low-levels (25/30) ported to her. this was a problem, for many reasons:

-death, who had the quest and could actually contribute something to the group, couldn't get into the dungeon because it was full;

-i am storm. i have very low health and cannot heal others; my job is to kill before i get killed.

-life, who already has awful stats, now has to waste her pips on healing to keep her friends alive, which holds up the rest of us.

they all died, and i got killed by a critical bolt that i did not block (gotta love storm, lol); if life had healed me instead, i could have killed the boss and we would have completed the quest. but the level 30 who was healed died immediately following, and we had to start over.

the next run, me and death went in together; this time, life ported in and only one level 30 came. but, having 3 functioning members on the team, who were adequately equipped to deal with the challenges posed by the dungeon, made a big difference.

i don't care if it's a level lock, a qp-lock, whatever. fact is, porting in uninvited is an inconvenience to the whole team and should be restricted, if not done away with completely.


worth noting: i have 2 accounts and use my high-level wizards to help the noobs out. shadowsong, my level 90 balance wizard with nothing better to do at the moment, is helping iridian (my baby myth) finish wizard city; she heals and blades, but does not hit~ iridian fights her own battles, and i do not power-level any of my wizards. when irid levels up, she will get a buddy closer to her own level to quest with (either my 25 myth or 22 fire).

my point: alt accounts are not excuses to be where you don't belong.

-von
Your idea (and others have said it also) about the pop up allowing ports or not allowing is the best option.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
Porting underleveled wizards to more advanved worlds: As a generalization, there is a vast difference between gamers with first time wizards vs experienced gamers with a mixture of high and low leveled wizards.

I am not bashing new first time wizards. In fact I am a level 82 first time wizard, just started playing in November. Just making it clear for people who don't realize, because reading this thread many do not understand the differences. And yes there might be some exceptions.

Some first time wizards travel the spiral with an experienced friend. They might port to an established friend who wants help or just some friendly company. This fits outside the generalization.

First Time Wizards
- They do not yet have an understanding or appreciation of the challenges in more advanced worlds.
- They might port to areas without knowing where they are going.
- They do not understand the battle strategies (methods, spells, etc.) used in the more advanced worlds.
- They do not have access to wealth (ie: best possible gear, pets, etc. for their wizards level).
- Being somewhere new for the first time they might act immature.
- Usually there is little planned purpose to visiting higher leveled world. Possibly getting gardening or crafting spells. Other than that they can just leach off others for treasure drops.
- Some think they are superstars. Very few actually are.

Second, Third, Wizard (ie: Significantly higher level wizard on same account)
- The situation is not new. They know what to expect. No surprises.
- More refined battle skills because of greater familiarity with the game.
- Entering higher leveled worlds usually with specific purpose. Gaining wealth, XP, specific items, or helping established friends.
- Generally a more mature attitude as they have seen it before. Its not new or special. They already have vast amount of time invested in the game. Especially if they have wizard(s) level 70+. Acting goofy is old.

--> Please read carefully before ranting!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
RottenHeart on Feb 20, 2013 wrote:
Porting underleveled wizards to more advanved worlds: As a generalization, there is a vast difference between gamers with first time wizards vs experienced gamers with a mixture of high and low leveled wizards.

I am not bashing new first time wizards. In fact I am a level 82 first time wizard, just started playing in November. Just making it clear for people who don't realize, because reading this thread many do not understand the differences. And yes there might be some exceptions.

Some first time wizards travel the spiral with an experienced friend. They might port to an established friend who wants help or just some friendly company. This fits outside the generalization.

First Time Wizards
- They do not yet have an understanding or appreciation of the challenges in more advanced worlds.
- They might port to areas without knowing where they are going.
- They do not understand the battle strategies (methods, spells, etc.) used in the more advanced worlds.
- They do not have access to wealth (ie: best possible gear, pets, etc. for their wizards level).
- Being somewhere new for the first time they might act immature.
- Usually there is little planned purpose to visiting higher leveled world. Possibly getting gardening or crafting spells. Other than that they can just leach off others for treasure drops.
- Some think they are superstars. Very few actually are.

Second, Third, Wizard (ie: Significantly higher level wizard on same account)
- The situation is not new. They know what to expect. No surprises.
- More refined battle skills because of greater familiarity with the game.
- Entering higher leveled worlds usually with specific purpose. Gaining wealth, XP, specific items, or helping established friends.
- Generally a more mature attitude as they have seen it before. Its not new or special. They already have vast amount of time invested in the game. Especially if they have wizard(s) level 70+. Acting goofy is old.

--> Please read carefully before ranting!
This is true and is also one reason i usually defend against the level lock options, Because i use more than one account occasionally and my family help me and vice versa. So in a sense the problem lies within the people that port in and are being rude by fleeing or being inexperienced by ruining a strategy. But i stand by my opinion that level has nothing to do with it.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
230
Ok i got a solution.All wizards that are lvl 45+ should be able to port to higher worlds.It seems fair right?

~von

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
Tyler Legendfriend on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Ok i got a solution.All wizards that are lvl 45+ should be able to port to higher worlds.It seems fair right?

~von
I say we just keep asking KI for the pop up prior to port. That seems the best option. It doesnt hinder anyone and allows for everyone to have the option of not letting a player port.